Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OMG way tooooooo funny Pamela!!!

What a night! Just closed down the trick or treat shop. Will check in tomorrow, hoping for a nice calm day-----yeah right, who am I kidding??!!

Hugs~

Kat

Ohhhhhhhhh Pamela... you look ummmmmmmmmmm, really attractive!!!! YIKES!!!

The trick or treaters have all gone and it's time for me to head to bed. I have Ethan again tomorrow for the day, but he comes at 8 instead of 6 in the morning so I can sleep in just a bit! We had about 35 kids stop by so I have a ton of candy left, but Kris said they could use it to toss during the Thanksgiving Day parade.

Everyone have a good sleep tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, a new month and we just need to remember..

PATIENCE, TRUST AND WWJD!!!

Kat - you are in my prayers.... you are a stong woman

well, i'm home... we went out but only went to friends house with ds, he has more than enough candy so it was perfect, then he put his stool up to the front door, I opened the screen and he helped hand out candy I went to work, omg i'm so tired. . just before i left, I found my mouse ears someone found with my deorations and I put them on.. painted my nose black and gave me some wiskers.... I just colored my hair yesterday so it is very dark... I go so many compliments and I would like to think I looked freaking awesome...maybe I didn't but I felt pretty dar good about myself.

I would take a pic but... had to slice onions just before I left work and well.......... I ran. LOL

Pamela, you are sooooooooooooooo funny

Pamela-I am SO glad I followed your instructions!! I put my coffee down and saw your pics and OMG the coffee would have shot out my nose for real. I called me dh over and he lol too. My dd loved it! Too funny!

Last night was so much fun with macy. I will definitely bring her back to the assisted living place next year! What a joy it ws to see all of the people in their golden years with big smiles on their faces! It was so great! Macy thoroughly enjoyed herself!

All in all I am glad that holiday is over...now on to the next one. The one holiday that will be a challenge...Thanksgiving! Just the thought of trying to eat turkey makes me PB...lol

Everyone have a great day!

Denise-you just need to put it in your head that mentally you CAN'T eat certain things instead of physically "trying" to eat them. Just try to brainwash yourself into thinking that you can't do it! I could probably get some of that stuff down too but I just decided not to even try. It is hard, but after a while, you don't really miss it anymore. We all know you can do this...you have done SO well!!

Good Morning Violets~

It is November!!! Wow---I remember when I was younger and someone would say time was flying by it seemed wierd to me---now I understand exactly what they were saying. I think the Black Friday ads are available on line today will have to look!

We ended up with about 150 trick or treaters, and a house full of people. It was a stressful night. My DS got called to go with his boss to pick up the truck of another worker who got popped for a DWI. So my DIL was here with my grandson, my oldest DD and her family, youngest DD and her DH stopped in---our friends Becky & Gary and their kids (and their kid!) Several of my day care kids came in and hung out for awhile. Then I looked around and there is a strange couple of people and a different kid!! I ask Rick--he had no idea. Ends up they are friends of my DIL---which I really have no issue with, but they are kinda pushy, made themselves right at home. I had to get on to the little girl for walking in and getting in the fridge. She screamed at me---she wanted milk! No one spoke to her about her actions. My DIL kept going out on the back porch with them so they could smoke. Which was another sore point with me---one tried to light up in the house, Rick told her "Smoke Outside!" and she rolled her eyes at him. Well you can see out the big window into the back yard, and the stupid witch stubbed one out on our patio, and flipped the other into the yard. We have a coffee can full of sand out there, and I even saw my DIL point it out to her. I was getting ready to cause a scene, but could not concentrate, everytime they went out they left the kids in---and my grandson SCREAMED! And the little girl drug toys out. Finally I told my DIL when you go out next time take the kids---my babysitting time was over a loooong time ago. I think it pissed her off and they left. Heck if I'd known that I would have said it an hour earlier!

My nieces are the same way, always bringing people to places, they never introduce them---wierd! I have no issue of inviting people in who have nowhere else to go, but this friend of DIL's Mom kept calling on the cell phone, waiting to meet with her, wanting to see her granddaughter----so I knew she DID have other plans, but instead was here destroying my house!! I am always unsure how to handle those situations. I closed the door to the playroom finally, and when she opened it, I went back and told her No this room is staying closed, go back to your Mommy,and she screamed at me she wanted toys...I told her too bad!! When they left, the night relaxed considerably!

I think we will leave for TX this weekend. Which will put me back just before my surgery. Less time to stress over it! I'll take my laptop, not sure if or when I can get signal--we have no phone or cable at the farm. No sense in paying for it all year when we are there for 3-4 weeks a year.....but if I take it to town with me, I might find a WiFi connection somewhere---or I will check with his Aunt--use hers.

Tracy, I am so glad you and Macy had fun!!! Kinsey and Lindzie went to the local nursing home before they went trick or treating. My DD's bf---his Mom is the director---took them all around showing them off, and they had such fun Manda said! I used to take the kids.

Pamela I hope the kids are not too bad today.

OOoohhh Kinsey wants to go lay back down--and she is not getting an arguement out of me. BBL!!!

Kat

Happy Nov. 1st, Vi's!~~

We had a fun HW eve... lots of folks here noshing on pizza & salad & wings... then the kids got in their costumes & the dads took them trick or treating & the mom's sat on the porch chatting & handing out candy... perfect! It's so fun to see all the costumes & cute kids.

Today is November 1st! Let the holiday season officially begin!! I would love to have all my shopping done by Dec. 1... (insert crazy-faced smilie here!)... yeah, right! ;)

New month, new goals, new LOWS!! How LOW can we GO?? Make it a great one, Vi's!

morning gals

it looks like we are all welcoming November with open arms. I am just getting out of bed. FINALLY>>> TOM came to visit this am.

Denise .. I had a pc of garlic bread with cheese, onions and hot peppers last night. I can't eat most breat but the bottom part of our sub rolls that are very flat I can eat without much of an issue. I needed something and i guess this am expains that. It is a new day, new month... LETS ALL KICK ASS!

I am getting up and going to the gym, I am going to exceede my exercise goals. I am going to loose 10lbs this month. I am going to be in Onderland by thanksgiving...

LOL I'm sooooooooooooo funny Well that my intention anyway

ds just got up too. he wants chicken nuggest for Breakfast and when he eats them all up he wants a pc of candy... How nice, a few months ago he would have had a fit ... just candy. no arguements this am...

anyway, nice relaxing day, I'm working tonight to fill in for someone. I am off Sunday for dd's cheerleading competition, which is in the morning so I can enjoy Sunday afternoon and Monday, Monday night we are having cake for ds's bday. Tuesday (his bday) we are going to chuck e cheese and wed dd is having 6 baby teeth pulled. YUCK

no wonder why I'm insane... who has time to work?

Judy: Trunk or Treat is a SAFE Halloween Activity put on by a church.... People in the congregation decorate their vehichle trunks and pass out candy. Some of the Trunks are very creative. The church also had a moonbounce and hot coco along with all the candy.....

That is a very nice idea...

I've never heard of it either

well violets.

I am pissed off... I think that is a good sign.

Terry - I've been slowly reading... thank you again...

on that happy note. yesterday I asked dbf a money question and he just seemed annoyed that I got some of his money... well I took care of the situation and then told him that I hope he can find it in his heart to give me back the $2k he "borrowed" to get his bike on the road and get his license 2 years ago and how that doesn't seem to be important to him on how much giving him that money and loosing my job 1 month later has impacted my life... and I know he can't give it back now but that he would give it back when he gets his settlement (which is probably going to be a couple years anyway by time they get all his medical stuff together and decide what is going to happen to him with work) NO ANSWER... have not heard from him since... which is why i'm pissed off.. how can he have the nerve to not talk to me when i've given him all I have, including money... oh wait... an email....

and they are still coming in one by one... but nothing about money.... either way, a few months ago i would have been crying my eyes out... now I'm just angry and know I deserve much more...

ass hole... but unfortunately, i still have serious feelings... but one of these days... maybe after i finish the book or read it again. F OFF is going to be my answer... I can feel it... or maybe someone else will walk into my life who can give me what i want and have that spark.... and i won't care about his bs answers...

Man I feel pretty good... shoot, I don't have time to go to the gym, there is only 1 hr left of child care until 3 and I'm not dressed, so I think i'm going to shower - go to the grocery store with ds, maybe go for a walk... it is cloudy but that is ok, it is not raining... going to get motivated today... I want new jeans

HOLY CRAP PAM!!!!! LOL I just went back and saw your pics! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! priceless! You are so funny!

Jennifer: You will know when you've finally had enough.......

lol tracy... i'm getting there quickly, I can tell you that I know one day I'm going to SNAP

I was cute last night and felt so good to get so many compliments ... off to wash the purple glitter out of my hair.< /p>

ROFL PAM! That is SCARY!!!

We had quite a bit of trick or treaters. My mom, granny and aunt came over. We watched Bug (with Ashley Judd) while I passed out candy. Was a weird movie, not at all as good as I hoped, but definitely weird.

My Granny brought some CD's she wanted me to re-burn for her because her CD's are getting scratched. One is an Alan Jackson singing gospel hymns. It's cry-worthy. I've been listening to Old Rugged Cross and getting misty eyed. I got a huge order today, yay! And I have the meeting with my customer from hell at 1pm. Think of me, I've got to fight so hard to be nice to her, when she's trying to blame me for their own personal mess ups.

Uhm.. nothing else exciting going on with me, oh except 274lbs today! Yayaya!

good thoughts for you laura... and good job on the 274...

My cousin lost 16lbs in 1 month and is disappointed.... remember the beginning gals... I told her it is mental and that is great, and she just needs to adjust... it is 16lbs less... right.

remember I told you all about her port being on her pant line... well she is having emergency surgery today to have it moved. it has been pussy and "angry" looking. Her dr thinks too close to her skin... so she is having it moved. I can't imagine how being where you bend and pants rub all the time could be a good place anyway.

sending her good thoughts... I told her about LBT, she is on it all the time looking around....

16lbs in 1 month is awesome! I would love that LOL!

Remind her to be patient, because if 16lbs disappoint her, she might be in for a rough ride. I 'average' 8lbs a month now. And thats really 1lb this week, 3lb this week, etc.