Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat - I hope that Kinsey feels better soon...I know how much it hurts when your loved ones hurt....

Terry - I'm glad that today is a better day for you...

Judy - looking good in that swimsuit! I was showing a gal at work my before and after pics and she saw yours and was just amazed at how well you've done. good job!

Hi all

Judy we will be up and at it with those grandbabies about the same time. Manda drops Kinsey at 6 --she has a 36 mile drive to work. About half the time Kinsey comes in and wants to get in Papa's bed (on his empty side---he leaves for work at 5:30),and will go back to sleep. The other half she walks in saying I'm hungry! Manda provides a variety of things for her---waffles being her favorite!

Yes, Terry, she was a preemie. She was delivered at 36 weeks, but she was delivered because Manda was pre eclamptic, and Kinsey was suffering from interuterine growth restriction. She had not grown in 2 weeks. She was induced and had her naturally, she was 4 pounds. Never required any oxygen, maintained her body heat from delivery on. Come home the next afternoon. She had some feeding problems. She was so tiny, and Manda is built like her Mom and large breasted to begin with, let alone with milk coming in, and Kinsey could not latch on. So for 7 months, Manda pumped and bottle fed her! She grew, but by then, she was used to the bottle and refused the breast. The first month they fed her with a syringe! Trying to avoid the bottle and still get her the breast milk. Finally broke down and gave her a bottle---which she just refused at about 7 months. Began drinking out of a sippy cup. She took breast milk from it for another month or so, and it was a battle to get her to take it.

She is growing---she is gaining in height. She is going on 3, and is wearing a 12-18 month size clothes, but is like you say smart as a whip. She is on a good growth curve, just doesn't make the percentile charts---only in head size!! She is my DD's DD!! Manda got that from her Dad---all of them have big heads---literally!

Well Pamela hope the party went well! I am ready for our group tomorrow.

Well, I think I will finishe loading the DW and go to bed.

I see my ENT/surgeon in the morning---have never heard anything from the endocrinologist. I have called my PCP and ask for a return call---and nothing. I am so frustrated. I feel like I got this diagnosis, and am suddenly on my own. I guess it is time to find a Dr. willing to deal with me.

Oh well, will let you know what this guy has to say--I hated him before, so I am going into this biased. Wish me luck!

Kat

Forgive me in advance...I am freakin tired! I am just amazed at the costumes I saw tonight. When did Halloween become "I am a 12 year old slut night"???? I mean you wouldn't believe the shit these little hoochies were wearing. My mom wouldn't have let me out of the house 5 years ago in some of them. One little girl, very undeveloped body (as if that matters) walked by me wearing a slutty nurse costume. Ready for this one...it said "HEAD NURSE" on the outfit. Are you freakin kidding me??? How many hours did a mom have to work to pay for that shit? One kid went as maxi pad...yes, you heard right, a maxi pad...thank God it was unused. I told him he better not wear that tomorrow. The dancing was horrible. All these kids grinding their "privates" against each others. I swear, teaching middle school is the BEST BIRTH CONTROL EVER!

I was pretty good on my eating today. Great on food, but had a couple pieces of candy. Then on the drive home (I took 3 boys from the neighborhood that are in my class to the festival) I took the boys to McDonalds. Remember, I have not driven through there since March. The menu looks totally different. Anyway, I caved and got a choc. shake. But hey...I walked ALL night, and frankly I am sooo pooped, I don't give a shit!

Hi everyone. Terry~ Please call me before you hire anyone. I managed our private duty nurses for 7 years...I have some things to share before you hire.

Kat~ Purple power for Kinsey! That stuff is magic;)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Good morning Violets..

It's 5:44 and I'm up and dressed already. Got my Halloween sweatshirt on and ready to face the day.. yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnn!!

Ethan should be here soon and I'll be fixing him scrambled eggs with cheese. I'll try and eat some of it, but I'm usually too tight in the mornings for solid food. I'll have my yogurt ready, justincase.

Denise.. thanks for the compliments. When I look at my pics month to month, it's hard to see the difference, but putting the beginning with the October ones, I too am amazed!!

It's 52 degrees here right now so looks to be a nice, fall day in the making. Hope it doesn't rain for the kids tonight. I sure do remember the days of teaching when the kids were hyper on Halloween day and super hyper the days after as they were loaded up on a sugar high. That part I don't miss!!

Pamela...unreal about the costumes. When I was 12, I would never have thought about dressing that way. Not even when I was in high school!!! I saw through my teaching career the way kids were changing and it was so sad. You wouldn't believe what they knew and did even in Kindergarten. Course you have to look at their parents who are supposed to be the role models. Very, very sad.

Time to go fix eggs for my little guy. Will check back later.

TTFN...

Morning gals

up drinking coffee... don't want to be but I am. Today is going to be a long but fun day. DS and I are going on an adventure. he is going to put his costume on and we are going to go visiting people. We are going to his sitter, grammys work, pop's house and my old work to see some friends there. He is so excited, since his bday is next week, he was still a little young last year and he is really into it this year. infact... I just heard his little feet jump out of bed and waiting for him to come down stairs...

Pamela. i am so glad my dd has morals... she is being a pirate, which is store bought ... but hey 24.99 at target who can go wrong. I did see those slutty nurse costumes... and slutty mini mouse when i was looking at those for her. It was insane. isn't mini's dress short enough??? LOL. Seriously - it is disgusting ... I remember being that age, throwing on pj's my hair in pig tails, putting on some freckles and out the door....

well, i feel like i have a hole in my stomach.. my lower stomach. so I'm thinking maybe the gallon of hotsauce i put on everything is not good. So i'm going to do shakes for a couple of days to get myself undercontrol. That pain was scaring me last night and kept me up.

Kat - my neithbor has a very rare disease, and it is muscular so she had feeding tubes for the first year of her life, she is actually doing good, when most kids don't survive past 2, she is going to be 11 this month. but omg... she is so tiny, she only weight 15lbs more than my ds who is 4 - and her head was always normal size... she did grow into it. would love to see a pic of that cute little thing...

Pamela - I hear you. I'll call you before I do anything. It won't be for awhile...we've got some time, I think! If necessary I can take a leave from work...I've been here 20 years for cryin' out loud. Time for a little payback.

My kids are officially done with Halloween, thankfully. We have a rule that once you hit your teens your much too old to go trick-or-treating. Their schools didn't do anything special for it either. Those costumes you describe would totally freak me out!! Doesn't your school have 'standards' of appropriateness for things like that?? The school district we're in would never allow those costumes at a school function....they are sooooooo strict when it comes to dress code and showing skin or clothing (t-shirts) that is offensive, violent, satanic, etc. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that whether the school allows it or not, it IS within their culture and mindset. I don't blame the parents so much as I blame TV and the media. Even the commercials are sickening....erectile dysfunction and KY Jelly commercials. They all make me sick. As a result, i've had to be very honest about the facts of life with my kids from a young age....far younger than what made me comfortable. My recurring message over and over is "safe sex and only when you're ready for a family!"

New low on the scale today...but just a tiny drop....to 183.4. I'll take it, especially considering I've been eating crap. Tonight it's fish and asparagus, dammit!! That is, unless i have to go to the hospital to retrieve my mother! :)

Just realized I didn't make my exercise goals this month! :) I was doing really well til a week ago, then all hell broke loose. It was a beautiful wknd (and all week) but I haven't been able to do a darn thing for myself. Oh well. Such is life.

Happy Halloween, Vi's~~

(That sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it?? Shouldn't it be "Creepy Halloween, Vi's!"?)

Off to the surgeon's today... haven't been there in 2 months... hope to get a (small) fill... to take the edge (of overeating possibilities) off!

Then home, cram in some editing work (too many pages & too little time!), then do one of those "quick" cleans of the house before 2 families come over for an early pizza dinner (good thing I'll be on liquids tonight!) & trick-or-treating from 6 - 8pm! Then more work, & bed! Phew!

Make it a spooky one! :)

ok here is my ds.... waiting for me to leave

post-215289-13813135770557_thumb.jpg

"Spiderman, Spiderman. Does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size... something, something, something, something. Watch out.... here comes a Spiderman!"

I was very good yesterday!!! NO SWEETS!!!!!!!! I am allowing myself some today then next months will allow myself only a few days of sweets.

Love to see kids dressed up for halloween (as long as it is normal and cute! That was shocking what Pamela said, I guess it is a sign I am getting too old!!) I will be working tonight, but I don't have any kids in my neighborhood anyways, live in a condo and it is usually retired couples/singles or 20somethings, there is not really room for kids.

I had my Bracelet on yesterday and it fits perfect and it was all the inspiration I needed for a good day!!! I explained it to the girl who does my manicure and she LOVED it!!!

Have a good day and here it to a GREAT NOVEMBER!!!!

Jane

"Spiderman, Spiderman. Does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size... something, something, something, something. Watch out.... here comes a Spiderman!"

Spiderman

Spiderman, Spiderman,

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web, any size,

Catches thieves just like flies

Look Out!

Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong?

Listen bud,

He's got radioactive blood.

Can he swing from a thread

Take a look overhead

Hey, there

There goes the Spiderman.

In the chill of night

At the scene of a crime

Like a streak of light

He arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman

Friendly neighborhood Spiderman

Wealth and fame

He's ignored

Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up

Whenever there's a hang up

You'll find the Spider man.

I was very good yesterday!!! NO SWEETS!!!!!!!! I am allowing myself some today then next months will allow myself only a few days of sweets.

Love to see kids dressed up for halloween (as long as it is normal and cute! That was shocking what Pamela said, I guess it is a sign I am getting too old!!) I will be working tonight, but I don't have any kids in my neighborhood anyways, live in a condo and it is usually retired couples/singles or 20somethings, there is not really room for kids.

I had my Bracelet on yesterday and it fits perfect and it was all the inspiration I needed for a good day!!! I explained it to the girl who does my manicure and she LOVED it!!!

Have a good day and here it to a GREAT NOVEMBER!!!!

Jane

Good for you, Janie!!! We just have to remember.. everything in moderation. If we deny ourselves sweets, then we will crave them and end up binging. An occasional sweet isn't going to ruin the weight loss. Just make sure you're getting your exercise!

I get compliments on my bracelet all the time. I just LOVE it!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I've been reading how in everyone's neighborhood there used to be so many trick-or-treaters years ago and now the number has dwindled. I thought it was just in my area but it's happening across the country. Why do ya'll think that is? When I was little I remember all the houses would decorate and now I drive through the neighborhood where I grew up (my parents still live there) and you'll only see a few houses with decorations. Do ya'll think Halloween is in danger of becoming extinct? In like 10 years will I be telling my kiddos tales of this holiday called "Halloween" and they won't believe me? He he he... Just thoughts in my head this morning...