Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

That makes me giggle a little.. does CA not get many thunder storms?

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY CA 557 PM PDT MON OCT 29 2007THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HANFORD CA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... CENTRAL FRESNO COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA... NORTHEASTERN KINGS COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA... EXTREME NORTHWESTERN TULARE COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA...

* UNTIL 645 PM PDT

* AT 553 PM PDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING PENNY SIZE HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 17 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KINGSBURG...OR ABOUT 8 MILES WEST OF HANFORD... AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR... 6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KINGSBURG AND 9 MILES SOUTH OF SELMA BY 645 PM PDT...

HEAVY RAIN IS ALSO OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM AND COULD CAUSE LOCALIZED FLOODING.

THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM. IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...PREPARE IMMEDIATELY FOR DAMAGING WINDS...DESTRUCTIVE HAIL... AND DEADLY CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING. PEOPLE OUTSIDE SHOULD MOVE TO A SHELTER... PREFERABLY INSIDE A STRONG BUILDING BUT AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

We get these all the time(well except that we're currently in a drought) I love storms!

LOL this is CALIFORNIA! No we don't get these very often...and when we do it's a BIG BIG deal! We're used to hot, dry weather, occasional rain (not often enough actually - so little that we're on Water meters and can only water on certain days at certain times during the warmer months)....this is so exciting for me! LOL

Hi Girls-

Sorry...I'm just so tired I can't even remember what I just read. Judy, Denise & Jenn -- I do remember that you all looked so great in your pics!!! Major congrats to you all!

The office was horrible this morning...everyone was so morose and the phones were ringin off the wall. Had to leave at 11:3o to take my mom to the hospital...they'll fix her up there. She's really tired.

I can't keep my eyes open to type. I'll check in tomorrow. Ne!

Thank you gals... they were my old levi's that I coudn't get over my hips in July... even august... so I am glad they are getting big. I already said i would get more jeans when I get to onderland. 9lbs... i hate them but they fit... so I'll take that.

Laura... want the pants? they are size 20 and in my bag of stuff to get rid of. they fall off me. I have 2 pr, the other ones are tan.

I do think something lower cut will be so much better too...

wow - everyone was posting at the same time or i'm just slow today...

Terry - HUGS... all around to you

Laura - if you figure it out fill me in... I'm out of control

Denise... cool... we get tons of Hail stroms here the last couple of years... it is fun to watch

Tracyks- is that what you have on in your pic.? JC Penny had some low rise boot cuts clearance in my size the other day for $17 - I should have picked them up!!!! 9 more lbs to onderland... i'm going to work hard for it so I can get new jeans and take new pics

Terry---big hugs to you, and hoping Mom is on the mend.

Jane, what a sweetie you are, I received your card today---I was like a child---yea!!! Something in the mail besides bills, and insurance crap! Thank you so much---it means a lot to me.

Jenn---I fully understand wearing it simply because it fits, and it will soon be too big---so why waste money! I agree!!! I just meant I think you would see something you liked the look of, more of what you are aiming for with the weight loss, with a different style.

Kinsey was feeling crummy all day, she layed around, was not thrilled about baking, she wanted to watch TV. Not her usual self at all. She spent some time at her Dads yesterday, and I think her schedule gets all out of whack. Poor baby.

TracyK, I know exactly what you mean about the 4 wheelers. I used to let him go ride with the guys and not go. Then I started riding it back and forth when we were out getting wood, a couple of years ago, and liked it!!! So now we take them, and go exploring. We are respectful, we don't destroy property with them, but we ride all over the hills---it's fun!

Laura---we always have huge numbers of trick or treaters, in addition to all the kids I know that come by. It is a fun night, I think you will enjoy handing candy out to the little rug rats!!

Ok off to the shower, going to bed early tonight!!

Kat

Kat - didn't take anything by anyone's comments... I really do agree... I think the high original cut has been making me crazy for a while... but I'm still glad they fit.

plus... lower cut and my tattoo will show... and look hot!!!

night all... thank you all again for the kind words...

tomorrow is shake day for a week.... just had wings and 3 mozz sticks for dinner... it was late and I know that always goes down... if not... dip in extra hot sauce...

Hey Violets~

Laura~ it is pretty silly here!!! At the first rain, the news will report, "STORM WATCH 2007!" And people will gather around the TV to confirm what they already know...it is raining. What is bad is when it rains for the first few times, the roads become very slick because of built up oil. Then everyone drives like assholes, and there are tons of accidents. Weird though, it was 90 degrees here, beautiful, and no rain. Denise and I are far apart. But we are in the same state. What would you say Denise, about 8 hours in the car? I don't know.

Terry~ sleep well sista. We love you and are here for you!

Ok, jeans. The only kind I wear are ones that fit. Last year, I found some cute ones at Avenue. They are straight leg which I like. I have longish legs. I don't like wide leg, I don't think they look good on me...make me short and wide all over. I also like some womens Lee. I probably wont buy new jean this winter. I only wear them in winter anyway, and at my slow loss...I've got enough pair already. Anyway, you looked great Jenn!

OK...13 hours ago I left the house, and I am just sitting down. Had a great salad for dinner 230 cal. and was well behaved all day.

I had my hair done today. It is a very pretty reddish, with blonde highlights in the front. I love love love it. He said I can't wash it until thursday, thank goodness Wed. is Halloween. Can't wait to post my Halloween costume!

Have a great night!

xoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Laura,

Wish I could say that this will go away tomorrow, but in reality it probably won't. I wonder if this is just an adjustment phase we are all going through. I wonder if around 6 months out is a hard time. But, the good news is for me it got better. It is not totally gone, but I look at November as being a GREAT month. I really want to make it a special and spectacular month. I guess in a way if it wasn't for this funk, I may not be as motivated as I am. I did gain a bit this week, but wonder also if that is not from my hernia that I think is rearing its ugly head again.

Yes, Tracy they did close down all the Wendys in St. Louis, we still have commercials, but all closed except maybe far away like Rolla.

Hang in there Laura and hope you have a better day tomorrow and consider this a little ass-tap and not kick.

Jane

Pamela,

Coming from a hairdresser, I don't understand why you can't wash your hair til Thursday! I tell people who get a perm these days to wait 48 hours til shampooing. You can't take out highlights by washing the hair, the color might fade some, but that would happen whether you have your hair done today or 2 weeks from now. Unless it is special color I have never heard of, you can wash it. I don't mean to sound like a know it all, but unless it is a very special color I don't know of, you can wash it.

Jane

hairdresser for 22 years with the worlds best customers!!!

That is kind of odd - unless it is a temp color that needs to be done every 4-6 weeks? Maybe? I know you are not suppose to wash until next day, but I always wash mine right after I color it. I went to cosmetology school years ago then was in a horrible car accident and couldn't do it anymore. Anyhoo...that is why I'm up so stinking early this morning, so mom can sparate my hair so I can color it - i found my top color the other day and because I do it 2 colors I just need someone to split it for me. I wanted to put red streaks in my hair for halloween.. i have a witches cape, and might get a hat and get dressed up and go to work like that... because I'm slightly insane and it would make everyone crazy.

did i mention that my dog is going to a foster home on Sat? Unless I can find a good home for him before then... Anyone interested??? LOL

It breaks my heart to see him go, but is best for him and even my dd... who I think is having asthma attacks (she was allergy tested :D )

ok i'm reall done now...

Good Tuesday Morn, Vi's...

Just a quick check-in this a.m. as our day starts an hour early on Tuesdays because dd has chorus before school starts. Then I'm off to my regular doctor for a follow-up/bloodwork visit -- she hasn't seen me since May!! It's weird to be excited to go to the doctor -- I used to dread it so, because no matter what I was going for... ear ache, rash, whatever... she always focused on my weight... grrr... So I'm going to dress nicely & flaunt it! THEN, I'm meeting a friend (the one whose elliptical I use) @ a yarn shop in town & then go to lunch! (and THEN home & work!!)

We get bazillions of kids on H'Ween... we live kinda in the country, but in a development, so all the country folks drive their kids into our development & they trick or treat here! Kinda cheating, but it's so fun to see the kids, so I don't mind. But I always over-buy candy, so I don't run out... then usually do, anyway! Last night dh found the stash... not good! I told him he had to wait 'til Weds... & even then none for him unless he dressed up in costume & rang the doorbell!

((Terry!))

Make it a great day, everyone!

Jeans...I never have been able to find any that really fit well other than stretchy ones...w/elastic waist. Since my legs are so skinny, if I get ones that fit in the waist I look like I am wearing really long baggy capris that go to the floor. So, for now I will stick with wal-mart. Besides, most "people" do not look at the name brand, but how good your body (butt) looks in them! :D (I would say "men" but, since I am a happily married woman.....) anywhoooooo LOL

My best guy friend at work yesterday got a call that his dd (4 years old) was in a wreck with her aunt & uncle. He bolted out of there and I got physically sick with worry. Good news is that they are all OK...thank God!

Everyone have a great day today....

Michelle...even city folks bring their kids to the "good neighborhoods" to trick or treat....I do!! LOL

Tracy - glad your friends dd is ok... i always worry when my dd is out and about... and she is not even driving for a few more years. Our firedept is across the street and all volunteer, so when they go out you have to wonder - and when they go out and the school bus is late.. OMG