Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Just got home from work and read the posts and congrats Tracy, that is such great news, it must be a relief to know that it is officially over.

Had no sweets again today. I was almost going to Sweet Tomatoes (kind of a salad and Soup buffet) for dinner, but knew that I would eat some kind of sweets their so I came home and ate dinner.

I am getting out of my funk little by little and have a little start on the book that Terry suggested.

Have a great weekend!

Jane

I'm home, it's over....let the bruising begin!!! I am actually already turning blue!! And get this...my recovery orders...include ice cream!! Ok....I know there are better for me cold things I could have....but am sitting here with a bowl anyway...and it DOES feel good! The glands after the piercing swell, so it is like a massive sore throat----and it is hurting. So will try a small amount of ice cream to cool it and soothe it quickly, then change to ice cold tea. He explained the swallowing of a cold solid such as the ice cream work the muscles and glands both, and ease the pain AND the swelling. So...ice cream it is...low fat 1/2 the sugar, and I still feel guilty!!!

Terry, I have decided I just need you to talk for me!!! You said what I was trying to say so well!!! To Tracy I mean.

Pamela---I will be working on whatever it takes to "clear" my name. For this yes...but for any travel---I cannot get a passport as it stands right now!!!

Plus as Rick pointed out, I am not getting younger (smart ass that he is!) and if ever I plan to draw any SS---it might be a wise thing to have my true and given name on my legal documents! I applied for and got my SS card just before my 16th birthday so I could go to work, and buy a car, and I applied for it under Kathy, I have always went by that or Kat. To me, Kat is my nickname, Kathy IS my name!!! Kathleen is something I only got called when I was in SERIOUS trouble or in my 4th grade Sunday School class!!! So I may see about sitting in the MVD and talking to them about changing the name and see if it pulls anything up, and if it does, then we will go the whole 9 yards, and hyphenate the last name. Surely then that will end it! I never realized my last name was so common, but an email I received said it is the 9th most common name in the US, and there are over 1600 with my first and last name!!!

Well I am going to post this before another person shows up at my door...kids have been here, parents, brother...all since I began this post!!!

Gonna lie down for awhile.....

(((((hugs))))

Kat

Just got in from driving to & from the beach, + hanging out there for about 2 hrs... I'm pooped!

Tracy, I too have tears on my cheeks for you... what an emotional time for all of you... and how wonderful that he was able to put your son's best interests ahead of his own... I can't imagine what immense relief you must feel.

Time to go eat dinner w/all 8 of my guests... be back later!

OH -- good news!! I got on the scale this a.m. & was DOWN 3 LBS!!! That brings me to -59!!!!!!!!!! 1 more & I'm half way AND I get to pamper myself w/a massage!! 1 more!! I'm thinking maybe the upped cals for the week helped? Or maybe I didn't eat as much as I thought? Or the walking helped?? <shrug> Who knows/who cares! No weighing 'til the 31st & then we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh again... Yes, it's just one big house/cabin that sleeps 16... it's not inexpensive... sorry!!

Hi, my name is Laura..and I have a problem... I'm addicted to my scale!!!

I couldn't help it! I moved the cat bed and everything. Gah. The good news is.. 275lb!!! 3lbs this week. WHOOTYWHOOT.

Bout time I got some numbers dropping quickly, I feel like a sloooow loser. This is the quickest I've seen it drop in a while. And my doc's scale is 6lbs lighter (about), so that means 269?! All my numbers are updated by his scale (the 333lb.. which means at home I was 369lb..ugh).

I'm excited about my appt. on Monday, I've been such a good girl. When I 'cheat', I allot calories for it, so it works out.

Tonight for whatever reason I was CRAVING Krystals after the hockey game (for anyone not in the south, it's the southern White Castle.. the nastiest greasiest, can't be good for anyone little mini burgers).

I was letting the craving subside, by telling myself the GOOD things at home I can heat up. So I'm about to go heat up a piece of kielbasa and get a handful of grapes. Whew. No Krystals.

Hi Laura, My name is Jenn, and I too have a problem... LOL

I am addicted. I need to get motivated again and it will be so much better - my loss anyway

I'm just getting in from work, so tired, going to pass out

Tracy I'm so so so happy for you...I know your ex is probably hurting really bad right now, however like you said, this is what's best for Robby...perhaps when Robby gets older and Shrek grows up some, perhaps they can have a relationship then...only time will tell...

Congrats on your 210 too! Yep, you passed me right on up...I am down to 212 though...so far and I finally started exercising...like I said, it's not much, but it's more than I've done since I started this journey...I've walked a mile almost every day this month (I've taken the weekends off though)...I'm going to try to up it to 1 1/2 miles...my ankles still bother me, but they've gotten a little better...

As far as coming to DC with you all - well it really depends on my daughter's pregnancy...she's due in May, but you know how that goes, and I can't chance missing my first grandchild being born....I'll have to wait and see as the time grows nearer....I'd love to come meet you all...if anything, perhaps I can meet Pamela since she lives so close by....at least for now....ahhhh we'll see how she's doing then....

Ok I have a long day tomorrow...I'm going to a fund raiser in the morning for the no-kill cat shelter here, then off to get a haircut, then back home because I have some family coming over tomorrow for a BBQ....

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! *hugs* :)

good morning violets......all seems to be well here with me this morning, massive sore throat, expected that, and some nice coloration on my neck, looks like I really made rick mad111 OK anybody see my mistakes in that last 'paragraph' (also notice total lack of a question mark) I have lost an entire lower section on my keyboard, I have no shift, or enter or question mark, nor can I do the old ctrl-alt-delete from that side. My directional arrow keys are dead. I was the only on on here yesterday, nothing was spilled or roughoused...they just quit.....so I am off to buy a new keyboard. I love my new computer but the first monitor gave me crap, I got a red line right down the right third of the screen---and it is a huge 19 or 20 inch screen...so the red line seemed enourmous, and now the keyboard....also the right hand side.....maybe my computer is a disatisfied lefty1 oops no exclamation on that shift key.....ay yai yai---I cannot type like this..........I guess it is time to ditch the jammies and go shopping. Rick wants me to meet him to shop for new gutters for the house, I am so excited.....NOT. I will check in with all of you when I get back............I would so much prefer to lay around and do nothing today, but at least we are supposed to get up to 70 again today--yea! see ya in awhile girlios................Kat

Kat - have fun gutter shopping... that would not be my first choice today either.

Just got in from Breakfast, we went to Denny's and I told them I had diet issues and they let me order from the Sr. menu, how perfect. 1 egg, 1 sausage and hash browns that I had 1 bite of. and I'm full.

well, mom, dd & ds are going to a birthday party I can't go to because I have to work, so i'm going to get them out of here and get ready for work, then go to Walmart and get some vits and hair color.

Morning girls!

I'm about to run to the store, but wanted to check real quick..

Anyone wanting to 'try' Curves?

Those sandals I bought from them, they're sending me a 2 week guest pass for Curves.. I don't know the terms for it, but I assume you get to go to Curves for 2 weeks free.

I'm not usin it, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll mail it to ya!

Geez you guys are quiet lately.

2 things..

1st, I got a sample of curves Cereal in the mail today. I don't see anything special about it (I.e. High content of Fiber Protein etc) and it's 190 calories per 1 cup!!!

I like honey nut cheerios which are 110c per cup. Pff..

Husband is mad at me, and I'm not quite sure why. I think it has to do with who makes more money and he's been holding all this resentment about it and it came to a head today when I got some Christmas wrapping paper in the mail today. Very bizarre, but he was yelling at me and told me he doesn't want to talk to me, and he went back to bed around 1pm, and hasn't gotten up since.

He's MAJORLY PMSing, I'm baffled right now.

So decided to make food he can reheat later if he wants.

Made chicken & dumplings, and didn't have enough bisquick so tried to incorporate flour.. didn't work out so well, so its just a thick chicken & chicken broth Soup. I also made zuccini & squash casserole (MMM). I haven't made that since last thanksgiving, and it went down fine. Was sooo good. If I wasn't so full I'd be having more.

We're suppose to go back to the horseshow tonight to see his family, but since he's not gettin out of bed I'm not in any rush to be with him and his family tonight.

Tomorrow's my family's cookout and we celebrating my bro's b'day. I'm making pumpkin cake w/cream cheese icing!

Evening, Violets. What a wonderful day it was today. Bob and I decided to "get outta Dodge" and we went to Mackinaw City.. a quaint little town 90 miles north of here. It was their last weekend of having stores open. Most everything closes there when winter hits. It's a real touristy town. We got sweatshirts and did a lot of window shopping, but nothing I really couldn't do without. However on the way, we stopped at the new Peebles store to see what it was like. It was really nice and I got 3 pairs of slacks.. size 14!! and a nice sweater size Xl. Plus some new perfume. Sooo it was a real nice day for us. The trees still have some color and it was sunshiny in Mackinaw even though it rained on the way there.

Kat.. glad you're back safe and sound and it wasn't too awful for you.

Laura....I go to Curves and love it. Is there a Curves there you could try?? I think you might enjoy it. At least you could try it and see.

I walked yesterday since it was so nice out. I did 1.8 miles in 30 minutes. It used to take me 45 minutes. But today I am sooooooo sore. I'm going to walk again tomorrow and see if I can relax these muscles. And of course I'll be in the hot tub again tonight!

Going to go watch some tv and then veg out for the rest of the night. Everyone sleep well.

Patience, Trust and WWJD??

I'm still without a working keyboard, or at least a correctly working keyboard....I was going to go to town, but was hurting, and feeling crummy, so waited. Cooked some chicken, and now doing nothing.....you are right Laura, it is waaaay quiet in here!! Will check in later....sorry DH is being grumpy........Kat

Hi Ya'll!

We had a great time at the SPCA Mutt Strut! It's a beautiful day here today and the weather was perfect...sunny and 80 degrees. Saw dogs of all shapes and sizes...from Pomeranians to Pyranese!

After that Hannah and I went to Old Town Spring...a historical section of a suburban town where they have lots of cute shops and we wore ourselves out there! I was BEAT when we got home and I haven't done much since!!

The kids are at the movies and I'm going to hit the shower and get in my jammies.

Kat - are you feeling better now?? Are you able to eat ok?

Laura - Sorry about the DH trouble ;)