Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I THINK I READ IT WRONG YeSterday! LOL........ I thought Jennifur NY said it was her birthday tooo! OOOPS!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT GREAT DAY!...............

Jane: SWEETS ARE MY ENEMY!!!!!! ESPECIALLY when I live with a junk food junkie! I had a blizzard after court on Tuesday! Pull yourself out of your funk sistah... we ALL bounce up a bit.. but that is the great thing about the band it is there waiting for you to USE it!

I had to track down Shrek yesterday (My lawyer said I needed to contact him about his consent to the adoption) $600 bucks if HE DOES consent and double or triple if we have to do it the hard way....... We actually had a 30 minute CALM discussion where neither one of us raised our voices or said a cross word to the other......... CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT HE SIGNS THE CONSENT FORM TODAY.

Eating my WC oatmeal.. and trying to not let it stick.... (stress swells me)

I truly don't think I will need a fill on Monday....... I eat so little now and that has been the secret to me losing..... 212 today!

Hoping for 209 in the next couple days of being good....... then ONEderand better watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Violets!

Kat you're in my thoughts!!!!

From what I understand, we would fly into Washington DC for this Violets trip.

I know DH won't mind if I go, I do business trips all the time, and though he would be gracious also, he would not want to be there when we do our violet talk!! April's a good time for me too (that's why my surgery was then.. and because it was the soonest I could do it). Our busy season is August-January.. it's hard to get away during that time, but April.. no problem! As long as I have a cell phone and a lap top, I'm good to go.

We are finally getting rain, yay! GOOD rain.. STORMS even. Of course, not while we're awake. But last night around 6am I woke up to a storm.. It's dark out right now.. suppose to get bad storms tonight, just in time for the horseshow. Oh well, I'll take it!

I took forever to get dressed this morning. I wanted to wear something that wasn't too big and frumpy, his family hasn't seen me since the wedding, and that was like 30lbs+ ago!

Yesterday was my bro's b'day too!

Stomach hurts, day (feels like 2139823498234) since no poo..

I’m soooo excited about our trip!! I hope it really comes into fruition!

If we’re all sitting around confessing our sins then I need to fess up that I am drinking a cup of coffee a day loaded with cream and sugar. This is instead of having a healthy Breakfast. Ah. That felt good. LOL! I was never much of a coffee drinker but now I notice that the hot coffee makes me feel so good in the morning. I used to get started on my Water intake immediately when I got up in the morning but it was getting harder and harder to get the water down in the morning. I was having to take baby sips and it would hurt my throat. But now I drink one cup of coffee and then my water goes down fine. I’ll have to work on slowly decreasing the cream and sugar though…

Laura, so sorry you’re having tummy issues. If nothing else has worked then you might consider a suppository. Never done it myself but I heard that it works. You will feel so much better afterwards…

TracyKS – I am praying that he signs your consent forms so this nightmare will finally come to an end. I’ve got a prayer chain started started for you this morning.

I’ll be back, gotta run to a meeting…

Good morning--

Man it is quiet at my house this morning!!! I was sleeping soundly, and my Mom called----grrrrrr!!! Now if she did not have an appointment this morning she would have still been sleeping herself, she has got to where she sleeps in late every day!!! The more rest combined with exercise she gets, the less pain she has with her fibromyalgia.

Yep Terry, Kinsey being in the hospital was a VERY scary ordeal! It scared her pretty badly too. The other night she was swimming in the bathtub---she acts like a little otter! She sloshed Water up at the same time she went to say something and inhaled it, and began choking on it, ended up gagging, and freaking out "Granny I sick!!! I no gotta go to hostible please?" Goofball! One thing about it, it made a good enough impression, that we have been able to tell her not to do something ,or it will make her sick and she might have to go to the hospital and get pokes. And if we say that, she does NOT do it! We don't do it over everything, the 2 that we DID use it on, was her at the lake, she was not very careful about not drinking the lake water, so we told her it would make her sick.... and the other case was a terrible habit that most kids get about putting everything in their mouths...she was horrid! When all the issues with the China made toys come out, we freaked, and began telling her if she chewed on her toys it might make her sick! Toys stay out of her mouth now!

Well Ms. Jen we were either really early for next year on your birthday...or late for last! Hope Amanda had a good one on her own then!

Some people calling me skinny I don't mind---others it is said in a way that irritates me. I had a thing come up last week....I avoided it, so never mentioned it, but I took it like a half assed compliment in its own way---and yet it made me MAD as hell!

Our local group that meets for the American Cancer Society, is very cliquish. They all look alike, act alike, and of them only a couple have ever dealt with cancer, and none of them personally. They just are into the whole fundraising thing. Which I know we need this group of Barbies...but I SOON realized I had nothing to offer or gain from the group, or more to the point, we each wanted nothing to gain from one another. So I quit going. Each year, they send me a gift bag, as a survivor etc. Well I ran into (y'all are SOOOOO gonna laugh--but it be true) Bipsie in the mall last week, she was dumbfounded, you could tell but struggled not to mention my weight loss, she did her usual run down of how her perfect family is excelling etc., and we each went our own way. Well a few days ago she calls me. The ACS is having a fundraiser, an annual fashion show. I had read of it many times, but it is by ticket sales only or invitation and I was never included, or aware in time to participate by buying tickets---which I likely would not have done anyway!!! So I though WOW! I get an invite this year! But no one of her women had cancelled and she needed a survivor for a model---and was looking for a size 12/14---she thought that looked like about my size...Now first HOW do those women do that??? I barely know what size to try on myself!!! But secondly and more importantly---WTH I was never good enough to be just in the audience before and now that I have lost weight I don't offend you anymore so you want me to help you out when you are in a bind??? UH...No...thanks anyway. I have ignored her calls since.

In my emotional limbo, I just couldn't face all the cancer talk....besides the above reason. Bipsie would be kind if I told her about this...but I don't want her fake kindness. Now there are others who would be sincere---but would rather hope for the best at this point!!!

*****LIST UPDATE******

I am going to try to finalize our list the next few days while I have minimal distractions!! I will make a post about what info I need from who.

If you have not forwarded me any info---we are making a list, a contact list, to be used simply by us, kept for us. To contact someone in the event they fail to show up for several days, to assure ourselves they are ok. To exchange Christmas cards, and general support.

Our list contains

Name and spouses or partners name

Address

Phone

Contact email

Birthday

I will let those of you I have know if I need additional info from you since we added a couple of categories!!! And anyone wanting on the list just PM me the information. Only those on the list will receive the list.

Laura is doing the Secret Santa Christmas Exchange. If you are interested in doing it, forward your info to her as well, and don't forget to fill out the info sheet on the Secret Santa thread. Ooooh I originally typed that as the Sexret Santa....think it was accidental or the old Freudian slip????!!!!!

Will be back after I find some breakfast!!!

Kat

I'm going to try a laxative if it doesn't clear up, when I have time at home.. We've been busy when we get off work lately. Tonight's horseshow, tomorrow is first hockey game of the season YAY! I love hockey games. Our company sponsors the city's team so we have ice box seats. It's a lot of fun. This is us at a game last year LOL, they were taking promo pics, and we ended up in one of the trading cards- Mom is in purple fleece, I'm next to her with the beer, and DH on the other side. Wow, this picture is painful to look at now, look how FAT I was!! This was around my highest ever (Last Oct. sometime). Look at that neck.. yeesh.

KO1C9377-vi.jpg?1163983080

Oh the whole reason I came back here (I was really distracted by that pic..)..

I have found a new quick recipe.. Kind of a variation.

I told ya'll about the grape/cream cheese/walnut salad a while back my mom makes for cook outs, she now uses splenda, and I approve..

Well I bought stuff to make it at home, forgot the walnuts though.

So.. Since brown sugar is low calorie too.. I tried a couple variations, and came up with this for a 1 person snack.< /p>

I wash about 6 red grapes (30ish calories), dry them and set aside. Take about 1tbsp of whipped cream cheese.. doesn't look like a lot, but seems to go a long way (30 calories!) and I put like less than 1/4tsp of splenda (just BARELY any in there).. and then about 1/4tsp of brown sugar.. mix very well with a spoon, turns into a wonderful thick cream cheese icing!! Then I mix the grapes in there. Less than 100 calories, and it's wonderful. It refrigerates well, makes the icing harden up more and that is really good too. I made some last night for lunch today. You're suppose to mix walnuts in there too, but like I said I don't have any. If I did, I'd probably mix about 1tbsp of crushed up walnuts in it.

Shrek SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He and GF are meeting me at the Lawyers office tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. to sign the CONSENT FORMS!

He gets to walk out of the lawyers office with a notorized copy of his consent to the adoption so that he can show the judge on Tuesday.

He was waffling on the guilt of signing Robby off so I offered to go to court on Tuesday and tell the judge the plan……….

Apparently GF is backing him on this.. THANK GOD!

I was so happy that my band swelled up and the 3 bites of taco meat have had me PB'ng ever since! BUT I DON'T CARE!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pray HARD that they actually show up!

Well if I read between the edit crap right Tracy---WOOOO the F'in HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You got your boy protected!! I am so proud of you!!!!

Kat

Congrats Tracy!! That is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he doesn't show up, doesn't it still apply since he's signed the papers?

We're having tornados here, woowoo.

Our power went out for an hour, in the middle of the city a big area.. thought it was a wreck, but ends up.. something just went on the fritz. It was pitch black in here, so we went to Waffle House down the road, whose power was out too but their grill works (and they have lots of windows!). I had 1 egg with cheese and grits. I don't know if I was hungrier than I thought or what, but this was the best eggs & grits I've ever had.

Ever since last night, my restriction is going away!! UH OH! Now what do I do?! This means I'm losing weight around it I guess, and I'm going to ask for an unfill on Monday, but.. but.. if my restriction is loosening up, I don't know what to do. And it's not 'going away', I just went 2 meals without a PB.. meals that normally bother me (scrambled eggs). I am still going to get a little unfill, to be safe.

We're under tornado watch till 11pm, and it's dark out. I love storms. I missed that when I lived in Albuquerque.. I couldn't wait to get back to all the tornados.. and since we moved back, they've been sparse..

Still have the horseshow tonight. I just hope it's not too bad with rain when we're driving down there.. it's about an hour away.

OMG Tracy!!!!!!! That's the best news I've had all year!!!!!!!

Thank you, GOD

Thank you, Lawyer

Thank you, Shreck!!

Thank you, Shreck's GF!!

Thank you, Charles!!!

Thank you, Judge!

Thank you, Angels in heaven!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful day!!!!!!!

I know Terry---Tracy's post just made my day!!!

Laura, I used to love the storms, and loved the time we lived where we had lots of tornado watches and warnings, even a few touched down. But once the kids were there, anything and I do mean ANYTHING that could adversely affect them, was not something I much enjoyed anymore!

My youngest DD was/is afraid of storms, she would have been petrified...and the Mom in me would have shattered into billions of pieces being unable to stop them for her...

So where we ended up is good for us!!!!

Amazing the things we realize have changed when kids come into things!!!

Kat

Thank you violets!!!!!!!!! Your posts made me laugh and a little teary..... Now they have to show up... but waggling this big carrot before his court date where he was WARNED that he would be going to jail if he didn't pay $800... and the fact that I'm writing off everything is a big load off his debt... TIMING!