Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Morning, Violets.

Ethan has arrived for the day and we just finished Breakfast. He had pancakes and fruit and I had cottage cheese and blueberries. Now he's down for a nap and I'm of course on the computer! We just booked our next cruise for Oct. of 08. They were having a special today so we got in and got all the perks. Soooooooo we go on a cruise on the 5th of Nov, the 24th of Feb. and the 12 of Oct. Looks like our vacations are pretty well planned out for the next year! I love it!!

Michelle, the cabin looks beautiful. Bet you're having a super time. It sure looks like paradise to me!

Laura...you're going to surpass all of us with your weight loss! And I remember when you said you didn't think the band was going to work for you!!!

TracyK... tell me again what kind of job you have that you can read all day?? I wanna do that toooooooo!!! No wait.. I REALLY like being retired!!

Pamela.. are you feeling back to normal now? Sure glad I don't have to go through the evaluation process anymore! I knew I was doing what I was supposed to but you never knew what the Kindergarteners would say with the principal in the room!!! lol As for the bracelet.. I wear mine every day and absolutely love it! So Terry is the famous one, not me!

I better scoot and get dressed while Ethan is sleeping. I have a flute rehearsal this afternoon and choir this evening. Everyone have a great day. TTFN!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!

Morning gals

Kat - I'll be sending good thoughts today

Terry - My dr gave me a lecure on Plateaus yesterday and told me he didn't think i needed a fill. He said that I am doing better than most (which I thank my violet sisters for) and I should be at a plateau so that my body can catch up and adjust. He also gave me the sweet spot lecture, which I think is 1 - 1.25 is it for me. So I know that doesn't make us happy to hear, but it is encouraging.

It is kind of funny, I was talking to my cousin the other day and she was telling me how she thought she would lose more than 14lbs in 2 weeks. Remember those days girls when we were beating ourselves us, and convincing ourselves we did the band because slow and steady and healthier.. I told her I so understood where her head was. She joined lbt yesterday too.

hope everyone is having a good day

Terry - I am with you on the mountain cabin thing, looks nice and realxing, but give me sun and a beach, (and a hot cabanna (sp) boy) and i'm happy

Tracyks, man - i'm still blown away, size 12... I am squeezing into a 14 but not ready to make the transition,

OMG!!! Can I just say AGAIN!! This thread moves sooo fast!! I had 6..YES 6!! Pages to catch up on..I didn't get to read them all fully but Congrats to you Ms Jen on your Milestone!! And I liked the garbage truck analogy

And TERRI!!! new low for you after 7 weeks!!! Wow...after all that you hung in there!!

Laura...The Man baby pic ....LMAO...warped!!

p.s..I love my Ipod!

Well, violets..today is my birthday!! Yeay!! My husband bought me a beautiful charm bracelet..Pandora Jewellery, it's beautiful!! Awww

I've been so busy the last few days..had lots of visitors and work was busy too. So I'm trying to get organised now for my upcoming trip on Friday.. I'm flying over to see my Mam and Sister (and her evergrowing bump!) and this day week is my court date in Virginia...eek!!

I've to do the payroll for two weeks now and the schedule, get my dollars, go to the doctor for my Rx, clean my house and pack!!

Oh, so much to do...so little time.

The friend I had visit me on Monday had a double mastectomy in August as a result of a consultants failure to diagnose breast cancer!! Oh, it's so sad..she's undergoing Chemo now.. She's in her late 50's. She has shaved her head in anticipation of loosing her hair too.. My heart was low when she left.. we just never know what's around the corner for us do we?

We had a lovely day together anyway, we had dinner and a show and then the next day we went shopping in the local angel shop...

Anyway..have a great day everyone,, and Happy birthday to me!!!

Anyway..have a great day everyone,, and Happy birthday to me!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!:happybday2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR LUUUNAAAASAAAAA...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUU!!:note::note::):Banane08::happybday2:

Good morning ladies!

Denise!! I saw that ultrasound and it made my eyes tear up! That’s a tiny little life there. I think I’m getting ready for kids. For a long time I was undecided on whether or not I wanted to have any. I really thought I was going to be one of those women who just loved on their nieces and nephews. I always thought I was too selfish to be a mother. But lately I’ve been getting these feelings…every time I see a baby my gut just does somersaults, LOL! I guess that I need to revisit my feelings about having a family!

Kat – Thinking about you today. I hope that at the end of your day today you feel better than you did last night. Oh my gosh, and I hope Kinsey’s face is ok! Sometimes those little dogs are more snippy than big dogs. I think big dogs know they’re big so then they’re extra gentle around kids.

TracyK – I wish I had your job today! What are you reading? I hope your results come back ok on Thursday. Oh and congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking! We are all here to support you!

TracyKs – size 12!!!! WHAT? You’ll be in single digits in no time. Sooooo jealous! My butt refuses to shrink. I’ve only lost two pants sizes since I started. I’ll get there someday!! My goal is a size 12 pant! Also doing a mini-victory dance for you! I was so glad to hear that things went in your favor in court yesterday.

Judy – you are a professional cruiser! Where are ya’ll going next year? I’ve never been on a cruise before but I think I might plan one for next year. When I’m getting ready to plan I’m coming to you for advice, ok?

Terry – your Bugg sounds like its working. If it’s making you stop eating then it’s working, LOL! I would need the Bugg to have an arm and for it to clamp its hand around my mouth in order for me to stop eating! Are you ready for your 5K this weekend? I’ll be thinking of you while I’m playing the slots!

Pamela – My best friend is a teacher. I know the days that she’s being observed because I won’t hear a peep all day from her. Otherwise every few hours I’ll get a message like this, “Augh, these kids are driving me crazy!” or “Why did one of my kids go FLOOD the boys bathroom... CRAZY…” LOL, all I can do is shake my head!

Jenn – I kept meaning to ask you how your cousin was doing. I’m glad she joined LBT. If she’s anything like us she’ll need lots good support. I remember losing all that weight at the very beginning. Sigh. Good times, good times. J

Laura – I like your fat cat. I wish I had a cat but my Princess doesn’t get along with them.

Have ya’ll gotten any backhanded compliments lately? I don’t know if it’s just because I’m getting more sensitive but it seems to me that lately the compliments that people are giving me have a slight insult in them too. Yesterday one of my managers said to me, “Wow you are looking good! When you lose the rest of your weight you’re gonna be a hottie.” Huh? I’m a hottie now, thank you very much. The other day a friend I hadn’t seen in awhile said to me, “Your face looks so good, you had really nice cheekbones under all your fat.”. What am I supposed to say to that? Thanks?

Oh, for the lady that asked if anyone did Weight Watchers...

I don't know of any of us that did the Weight Watchers program specifically, but some of us are doing low carb or low sugar. We each kinda do what works for us.

Happy Birthday Lunasa!!!!

Terry- I was using a hypothetical number, instead of a more realistic 1.435lbs should be lost per week :) I'm going to read the website you listed. I know for a fact I should be losing more compared to how many -calories I am at the end of every day. So I wonder if I did body bugg, is it going to say my estimate for what I burn each day was wrong, or is it I'm just.. _____ (what causes this).

I'm like you Pam, I love smells! I spray perfume all day long, burn yummy candles.. I know if I could stop smoking, it'd please my nose.. Kudos to anyone who has stopped!!!!!!

Haydee...those "compliments" SUCK!! Some people just don't know how to give Kudos without a little punch in the gut!.. all you can do is focus on the positive fact that your efforts are being noticed, and possibly threatening some enough to push them into insecurity and your changing appearance is taking them out of their Comfort zone..

Focus on the positive girl..you ARE a hottie!!

Haydee.. I believe these people really don't realize that it's 'underhanded'. I mean, think about how many people think fat is ugly. There's the 'chubby chasers', but as a whole society agrees fat=ugly. So when they say you're going to be a hottie when you're thin, they're just trying to say you ARE hot (re: not busted in the face) and you're losing weight. They don't mean to insult you I don't think, I truely believe they're just oblivious.

Saying ANYTHING about 'under all your fat' would set me off though.

Most the compliments I get are 'You're looking good!'. I could interpret that to be mean, but I'm not. I know what they're saying.

I say the same thing to a guy we bowl with. He use to be about 500lbs, now he looks about 200lbs. Me and mom speculated if he got WLS, so last week I was talking to him and I said you look great! (Now, he could take that as-- you looked like hell before, but now you fit into society). But I really just meant.. he looked great! I was impressed!

Then I asked him if he was doing any special diet, I'm looking for tips.. ends up he said he gave up cokes, eating smaller portions (sounds a lot like me! har har). But didn't mention WLS, so hm.

Laura - there are some people that I don't mention wls to either. they ask what I've been doing, I just tell them hard work at the gym, changed my bad habbits. Some people just want to know to gossip. and yes you are right... some could take that as an insult, but I've learned to take it as a compliment and thank people now.

but... MEAN PEOPLE DO SUCK! that is the bottom line

it just took me 30 mins to eat 1/2 c cottage cheese, i have restriction back! yipee

Just called and scheduled a fill for the 29th BEFORE the cruise. We had it scheduled for the 19th of Nov. after the cruise, but both Bob and I are getting hungry between meals and I don't want to get on the ship and start eating like we know we shouldn't. I'd rather be a restricted and have to be careful than to be hungry and grazing on all the food available.

AND.. I put an ad in our local paper about a lapband support group. It appeared this morning and I've had 2 calls about it so far. I'm excited. I can't travel 4 hours one way for a support group and I knew there were others here in Alpena that had the surgery done, so I figured I'd put out the word and see if there was an interest. I'm going to wait until we have 6 people for sure and then get a room at the church and get started! I did steer one lady to LBT telling her it is the best message board online! She had her surgery done in June and had lost 55#. The gentleman that called had it done in 2003 and has lost 100#. He said he had not had a fill in a year.. amazing.

Time to get lunch ready for Ethan and his grandma and grandpa.

TTFN..

Chica....in Nov. we are going to the Western Caribbean, in February to the Eastern Caribbean and next October to the Eastern Caribbean again. So much to see and enjoy!! And who knows.. maybe by next October I'll be looking at a bikini.. HA.. looking at it, but buying a one piece!!

Judy -- I just wonder if you've made it to Victoria's Secret yet??