Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Buenos Dias Violets~

Yesterday I had that meeting on "J" to have him properly placed in Special Ed. So we are sitting there, principal, parent, RSP teacher and Dr. So and So, and me. And Dr. is looking through this huge folder of tests and spec. ed. stuff and guess what??? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN SPEC. ED THE WHOLE TIME. HE WAS PLACED IN LATE MAY...BUT FELL THROUGH THE CRACKS! We signed and left...but geez, could've saved me lots of headaches!

I am so glad it is Friday. The alarm went off and I just laid there and thought, "hey...isn't this Sat.?" My dad and his wife of 31 years (my parents) are in town and I will have dinner w/ them tonight and they will see my brother and the kids tomorrow night! Tomorrow, I am going to Susannes. I didn't see her last weekend and I miss her pretty face!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxoxoxoxox

Just wanted to check in real quick and say Good Morning!! I've been so busy but I promise I'll catch up this weekend. I have to get back to work now... bye ya'll....

Kisses,

ooooo yeah, the scale was not 254 today, but 253.2! I'll take it!
I know how you feel, Pammy. I'd kill just to see 184.8!!!...just so I could see that "4"!!! Today is the day I record my official weight for the week and it was 185.4. Last week it was 185.6. The week before that it was 185.8. So I'm losing at the rate of 3 OUNCES per week. :cry patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust and patience and trust...........

Terry, you always make me smile... I was cracking up with your patience and trust.

the funny (ironic) thing is that hearing that so much over the last few months has really convinced me that is what you need and it will go away (that and a fill)

I was thinking....

How many fills has everyone had????

OMG my computer is freaking out today... I'm with you Laura on Time Warner... oh. did they ever figure out your problem? You know they come here for free and fix wiring, they were at my house for 5 hrs trying to resolve my problem a couple months ago, changed out all the wires from where it comes into my house to the boxes and modem... all for "free" ok $180 a month - but it is crazy money!

Good Morning, Violets..

A lazy day for me today. Bob is gone for the day and it's just me here. I have several errands to run and then will settle down with all my tabloids and catch up on the latest Hollywood scandal.

We had another Lia Sophia jewelry party last night here. Daughter Kris was hostess, but it was more convenient to have it at my house. I went overboard on buying once again, but it really is nice stuff and I deserve it, right?? RIGHT????

Sunday is weigh in day for me and I'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds with all the exercising I've been doing this week, not to mention sticking to the bandster rules!

Everyone have a great day today.. after all.... TGIF!!

Patience, trust and WWJD!

Guys, I just need to vent. I get so mad at my customer service girls sometimes. They cost ME MONEY out of MY POCKET. Sigh.

There's this HUGE account in California. I landed them exactly this time last year. The CSR girl shipped the first job they did with us to NEW YORK. I don't even know how. It ends up being a result of them being lazy. So.. this company, since their first job with us, we screwed up and they missed a deadline, never used us again.

This year, they needed to re-do that same job. So, they crossed their fingers and did it again with us, needing it rushed. We were able to get it out EARLY so they were VERY pleased with us! YAY!! And in response, they put in a HUGE new order yesterday. So they're happy with us, right? Wrong. They looked at the tracking on the job we sent, and it's being held at a fed-ex hub. Why, you might ask? Because the CSR shipped it to the WRONG ADDRESS. They didn't look at the paperwork and went by default addresses that are in the system (result of laziness, they are NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THIS).

So guess what, huge account, will likely not have any faith in us again. We had proved ourselves and the big jobs were about to come rolling in..and then POOF. I am so mad at this CSR, and it sucks more because she is my friend. So while I'm yelling at her, and in my opinion she is showing no remorse, which makes me even more mad. She should be going OH MY GOD and calling the customer, but she's sitting there trying to justify it to me. She says.. Since you're mad at me, lets have make up smoke. So we go out to smoke and I'm still trying to tell her you've got to quit being lazy on this stuff. In one ear, out the other.. she still hasn't had a fire lit under her ass. I wish they worked on commission too sometimes.

Thank god it's friday, but I am so sad that 2/2 on this big company we screwed up. That's about 15k a year I'm not going to get.

Anyway, as to the cookbooks. I can make it happen, but it's not free! I can get them done at-cost which is better than anywhere else you can go, though. I didn't really go into it, seeing if anyone seriously would want to do it.

We were running late again today. I've been taking the Iron, but still have the horrible problems waking up. Forgot to grab an Ensure (I got banana cream to try). I was going to have that for b'fast. Stomach is growling like crazy, I think I'm going to get a carton of 2% milk from the vending machine.

laura

did I miss something with the cookbooks? I have been rushing in and out this week so I am sure I missed alot.

It was on the food thread, people said they should do their own lap-band cookbook because there's no good ones out there.

I work at a printing company, so I said I can get them made.

that is a good idea

Judy i heard that was good

off to pick up ds and post office then to work, ttyl all

Jenn - I've had 4 fills and one tiny unfill. I've got very good restriction right now. It's a little bit on the tight side but just enough to make me eat real slow. I continue to have problems slowing down while eating out with un-knowers.

Laura - If I ever screw up my job, I'm always the first to admit it......"OMG! I can't believe I did that!! I am sooooooooo sorry!!! I'll fix it right now!!" And I will do the very best I can to make it right. Oftentimes it's not enough and the error stands....but I make apologies as necessary all the way around. You have every right to be upset and I'm very sorry this happened :eek:. $15K is a lot of moolah. Our A/P department has that same issue with not checking addresses....but on a RUSH FedEx?? Red Flag!! This is important!! Take the damn 2 nanoseconds to double check it!! No excuse for that.

Terry- Exactly, if you do an error, you show remorse and try to fix it, that's how you avoid it in the future! If you just make excuses and put it aside, you'll end up doing it again (from how things operate around here!).

Good news is, our shipping contacted fed-ex, pulled some strings and it's being rerouted and delivered TODAY! YAY! Our shipping lady saved the day today. I brought her a cheese critter from the front office break room LOL. And the customer is VERY happy with us right now, so fingers crossed I won't lose them. Please oh pleeeease.

And then DH sent me this joke, had to pass it on :eek:

Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns,

dressed quietly, made my lunch, grabbed my shotgun and the

dog, slipped quietly into the garage to load the truck, and

proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was blowing

50 mph. I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio,

and discovered that the weather would be bad throughout the

day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped

back into bed. There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now

with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather

out there is terrible."

She sleepily replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is

out hunting in that shit?"

TracyK & Haydee - What are you going to do this weekend to enjoy this fabulous weather??? Bayou City Art Festival is downtown...that's fun! I'm not going to go 'cause I don't even want to be tempted to buy anything. Our neighborhood is having a community garage sale...I might go hunting for beads! :eek:

TracyK & Haydee - What are you going to do this weekend to enjoy this fabulous weather??? Bayou City Art Festival is downtown...that's fun! I'm not going to go 'cause I don't even want to be tempted to buy anything. Our neighborhood is having a community garage sale...I might go hunting for beads! :eek:

I am going to meet my sis halfway in the morning to let her take my dd for the night.....then who knows. I know I have to go find her a halloween costume! I found a really cute Cinderella costume...but I wanna look around more.