Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning gals. just getting up, not doing much for my motivation but i guess my body is telling me I need sleep.

Tracy - you are just so special and kind.

Laura - you are so funny, someday....

well, my memory span is not that long this morning, I don't think I've had enough coffee

Miss a day, miss a lot!!

Our trek into DC took us ALL day... didn't get home 'til 9p & then crashed. We walked & walked & walked (in record-high heat & humidity in Oct... lovely!)... + I did the eliptical in the a.m. before we left... so do you think I dropped any lbs?? Nooooooooooooooooo... actually UP a lb! The scale must be broken... it's going in the wrong direction!!!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Michelle, this is what happens to me after working on my feet for 8-10 hrs in the high heat. It makes me crazy.

It has been very warm and humid here too.... this week it is suppose to be down to normal ... mid 50's

Michelle -- just load, load, load up on water....then drink some more!

Good morning, Violets..

Well, after a couple of weeks of hauling out the clothes I had packed for our Caribbean cruise, it's finally back to sweaters and jeans with the temp right now at 45. Now THAT'S fall weather in Northern Michigan, not that Alabama/Texas 80 and 90 stuff that caught us by surprise. I'm sooooooooo glad I didn't have to teach in that heat. I'd be draggin by the end of the day like Michelle after her day in DC!

Today is a kind of a lazy day. Just have to clean a couple of rooms for Kris's jewelry party here tomorrow night, take oldest son out to lunch and then choir rehearsal tonight and dinner afterwards with friends. I'll hit the gym with Bob this afternoon sometime.

Tracy.. restriction is good.. it sure forces me to eat slow and little bites.. when I remember. Most times I forget and end up sliming a lot. Bob's restriction is nil. He can eat whatever and however much.. but he's trying to be good and follow the bandster rules. We'll give him one more week before we decide if we need a fill before we go on the Nov. 5th cruise.

I've been noticing that you all have been focusing on the scales a LOT lately. Now that's not the WWJD way!! We ought to all have a Sunday weigh-in and leave it at that. Just mho. I would and DID go nuts weighing every day. Judy says "it's not about the food", but she also says.. "it's not about the scale." It's about how your clothes fit.. how you feel and all the compliments we get!!!!!

There, that's my 2 cents worth for the morning. Everyone have a great day!! Patience, Trust and WWJD!!

Yes, someday I would be ecstatic to know I was pregnant, that's just not today. Me and husband decided we're going to start 'trying' end of 2008. Isn't that funny? That's one of those adult things that make me giggle.. "We're going to start trying". So then everyone knows you're busy doing the dirty dirty!

I think you have to have some sort of thick skin to post in the rants area. Sometimes it gets heated, and whether they mean to or not, there are personal attacks. So if I think I posted something 'way out there' (like that I'm a right wing republican and think XXXX, inside of a liberal thread), I don't normally go back and check it.

My sister has pissed me off, she is so irresponsible it's ridiculous. I could write a book to give you background, but I won't.

She is getting better as of last Friday though.

Anyway she was suppose to start back work Monday.. didn't show up. Tuesday Knology was coming to fix her internet, so she somehow had to miss 6 hours of work to accomodate them. She came in for the last 2. I have a couch in our guest room, now covered up by our old queen bed & frame/boards. I have been dying to turn that into a guest room. I told her like a month ago "If you want this couch (which she did) you HAVE to come pick it up this week", then it became "You HAVE to pick it up by tomorrow", and of course.. a month has passed.

Meanwhile I can't get in that room, which is where I store holiday stuff, and decorations--now that I'm starting to decorate the house- I WANT THEM.

So I told her yesterday, you have to come tonight to get it, or I'm giving it to good will. She said I will! I said you promise? And I mean for those 2 hours, every 10 minutes I said, you PROMISE you will come? It HAS to be tonight!! I'm going nutso with not being able to get into that room. She swears, she promises, etc.

So when we leave work, I ask her when.. she said, have to go pick up my gf, then we'll get the shop van and I'll be over there.

We go home, 2 hours pass. No sister. I called her cell phone 20 times in the next hour. Finally called her gf, who said she is sleeping. I said WAKE HER UP! So she is on the phone, I said COME ON! She said "I am, I'm not asleep, I'll be there in 30".

Never shows up. It is so infuriating, this is how she is when she's trying to take a hand out.. imagine how she is if you actually need to count on her for something that has no benefit to her.

So this morning she came in here and told me some story about how her and her gf car and the house was broken into.

I said yeah, so at 7:30 last night.. which is 2.5 hours after when you were suppose to come by, and you're sound asleep.. something happened around there?

I'm irritated.. we pulled out everything in that room, banking that the couch was going to be gone. Now we have filled up other rooms with stuff that need to go back in when we get the couch out. I'm trying to figure out where to take it. Does anyone know if thrift stores takes couches that are broken? It has 2 recliners in it, both have a broken support on it. If recliner is closed, it looks and feels like a brand new couch, but if recliners are open they are tilted and don't support a lot of weight. I have to get this couch out of my house!!!

And Terry, hehehe... Nope, not painted yet, still deciding how I'm going to do it. 2 girls at work apparently do a lot of interior (and fun finishes) painting. They offered to come help me if I give them beer. Hm.. beer, paint, and my walls!

omg laura

what a mess. I would bring it to good will on the weekend if it is still there. Tough love.... and it sounds like she needs it. Man... can't believe gf puts up with it

The only reason her gf deals with it, is the money. My sister takes my parents money and spoils her gf's. I don't think she's had a gf in her life that she didn't buy a diamond ring!

But that's another long story.

There is a local thrift store that picks up furniture, a co-worker thinks they will take it with the broken bars, so I tried calling, they're not opened.. but I'm going to tell them what I told her LOL.. If you want it, it has to go NOW!!! :rolleyes:

Laura, I have a friend like that. She is always saying she is going to do this or that, and then never shows. I am in the middle of a mess with her I am afraid, I rented her son a mobile home, and finally ask him if there was a problem, because he had not paid his rent. He moved in like the 19th of Sept. we told him not to worry about Sept. rent, to begin paying in Oct. He was being treated like crap by his Mom and new step Dad--they are building a new house, and he was informed he was not moving with them--he turned 18 in August. So anyway I ask about the rent, and he said well he hadn't lived there a month yet. He wants to pay his rent after as opposed to before. Now the rent is not making nor breaking me, but it seems like he should get into the habit of living by societies rules not his own. I told him it sounds good, but that isn't how it works in the real world...ask around, ask the guys at work, ask anyone. He tells me ok, but he might have to ask his Mom to borrow some money to pay it. I am now waiting to hear from her! We bought a pool table from her for my Dad, well he bought it, we will just be the ones to move it this weekend---so something will end up coming of it---rent or a disagreement. I told Rick we should never rent to him because of the other connection, it is so much easier to rent to strangers!!!

My Cereal for Breakfast is not digesting well....keeps trying to golf ball on me.....maybe I should get my lazy butt up and do something...move and see if it helps!

My comment was not in the rants and raves I don't think---it was just a simple everyday observation, that I prefaced with In My Opinion---and the one who thought I was writing about her was not the one it was actually written about, but like I told her and explained to Terry, I cannot help when someone sees themselves in a comment like that. There has been nothing further said which is fine by me!

Might have to remember TracyK's plan though for those days I wanna smack something, go in, piss 'em off and haul butt!!! I'll check and see if anyone wants to go with me when I go!!!

Actually I have had some really good discussions in some of the rooms. There are some people on here who are incredibly smart! Some posts make me think about things in an entirely different way--others make me think they are nuttier than a bunch of fruitcakes!!

I don't frequent the rooms like that though---intentionally. I used to end up in them sometimes when I would respond on a new thread---but they removed our new posts sections so the only way to get anywhere now is intentionally. That is unfortunate I think---I have wonderful friends on a New Jersey board, that I happened upon from a new post---I would never have met them without the new post area. I ask if it was gone for good, and noone responded. It disappeared about the time the ads on the sides did...

Going to lunch with Rick today---he is off the next 4 days. Tomorrow I take my Dad to Albq. for his follow up on his carotid surgery, and to schedule the other side to be done. I hope they can work all of our appointments around one another!!!

We have been feeling Fall around here, but it is supposed to go back into the 70's today. Which is good---I can stop at the park with Kinsey and we can both get some exercise.

Well going to go get some things done, before I head into town to meet up with Rick.

TTYL~

Kat

I hope this works without upsetting the whole page!

These photos are of where I live.. The house in NEARLY ready..It's split level so this is just the 2 storey side..the front of it is one level.. so it looks like you're walking into a bungalow..

The other is a view of the lake we live on. The views from our house are stunning, I'll have to try to capture them on my good camera to do any sort of justice to it!

post-217063-13813135590565_thumb.jpg

post-217063-13813135590791_thumb.jpg

Nah..I couldn't attach the house photos without upsetting the whole page it was MASSIVE

The second view shot is crap but was taken on my camera phone but when I get decent ones I'll post again!

Thanks Laura..Yeah it's so beautiful up there.. I'm so excited about it..we've been building since Aug 2006!!

I hope I can post the house pics..

Oh and byt the way..can I be on the secret santa list please!

Yes! If you wish to join secret santa, check out the other thread for information (in the April 07 area).

Send me your information in a PM and then compile a list of the other stuff and either post it or send it to me.

Update on my hospital from hell..

I talked to the lady and about my refund and the $51 bill I got.

She said ignore the bill. Good thing I didn't pay that huh?

Then I said, so where's my refund?? She said, they sent it on the 4th for $312. They took out $51 for this bill, and $232 for another bill. I said, what's the 232 for??? So I'm on hold a while. She says "Oh, insurance did pay this, so I'll turn in another refund form for $181".

HELLO!?

If I hadn't questioned it, they would have just been double billing all over the place.

Laura that is just insane

I have new health insurance, it is GHI and I need referrals for everything, even my fill next week. What a PIA but, my co pay is only $10 and no premiums so I'll do what they want. And for the first time in years, I have vision, maybe i can get my eyes fixed so I can see.