Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning violets

Kat - you are an amazing woman. I am so happy for you on your NSV. I was smiling away thinking that we are going to keep having NSV's, even when we think we are can't have anymore. Have fun seeing your friend.

TracyK- whooooo hoooooooooo you are getting closer. My 199 goal is Halloween. I am getting my 2nd fill on the 16th and can't wait. I am starting to get out of control and really need it. I did take my measurements today since I've been an exercise queen again and it moved 1/4" I know not enough to matter but at least it is moving. If I can lose a total of 1" by working out by my fill without loosing anything I will be extremely happy

Panda - you look so great and I am sure you had a great time on the roller coaster. I went to six flags and went on some rides and fit about 25lbs ago and that felt great so I'm sure you were very comfortable!

Well I am going to drink some coffee and try to wake up - I need to shower and be to work by 11. It is only a mile there but along my new walking route. So.... I am going to walk to work. I would do it more if I didn't have to walk home at midnight.

Terry - I'm not offended. I can't wait until I can see that someone else in there.

I got my camera back Thursday, I'll try to get some pics this weekend. I just can't smile, I have hated camera's for so long i freak when they come out.

Wow Panda, you look great! You have to update your avatar!! & congrats on the coaster ride -- it really is the NSVs that make this journey so fun!

"Pregnant w/ice cream's baby!" -- you CRACK ME UP Laura!!! But I still stand by my honesty @ typing what I'm feeling... hey, if I can't be honest HERE, then I'm screwed, cuz' really, no one in REAL life cares all THAT much to sit & listen to it every day... like YOU GUYS DO!! ((hugs)) And while I do completely Celebrate my -53... @ the same time... realistically... when someone looks @ me, I'm still a 264 lb woman!! That's the wt a lot of the gals on here STARTED at!! It's not as if I'm going to be hitting ONE-derland any time soon or anything! Sheesh, by the time I get there, I'll probably be the only one left posting to this thread, as everyone else will have hit their ultimate goals and gone on to enjoy full & productive skinny lives... and then there was one... me... posting to myself & the dust bunnies... (hee hee)

BUT... SLOW & STEADY!!... that's me!!! & today's a new bright shiny day!! Make it a great one, everyone!!

Well, THAT explains THAT!

I always wondered by some folks capitalized the first letter of every word in their posts... I thought "that must take a lot of time"... ha ha! Now I know!

I typed the post above to Lunasa in ALL CAPS and it switched it to just first-letter caps!

Ah Ha!

But consider yourself "screamed" at anyway, Lunasa! Wanted to get your attention!! :)

Michelle

I am never giving up my violets! So If you don't reach your goal when I do, YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME. I love sharing with my violets. I feel like you gals know me better than anyone at this point in my life. When something happens, boy issue, NSV, or just being insane like normal, The first place I go is to my violets.

So... On that happy note... you can't get rid of me girlfriend. I'll Drive down to kick your butt if I have to. You know I love road trips

man o man, I started antibiotics on Thurs night, I do think I had strep, My throat feels so much better but OMG, there is a reason I don't like taking antibiotics. I am starving and everything i eat is going right through me. I want to walk to work but I"m kind of scared to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I'll walk to work tonight.

Glad you figured that out, I always thought people took a long time to type those posts with the first letter capitalized too LOL!!

Panda you look amazing! WOWEEEE!!! I wish I had that kind of after pic already!

Panda! You look awesome! You look like the daughter of the lady in your avatar! LOL! I can't wait to be able to ride a roller coaster. I won't try it until i'm around 220...

Terry - I would LOVE to join you on the 5K BUT my birthday is Oct. 19th and we are taking a girls' weekend and going to the Coushatta in honor of my birthday. Let's get together soon though, I miss you!

Laura - cool pic on your signature line! You look like a pin up girl!

TracyK - You're almost there! I can live vicariously through you... i'll be awhile till I get to onederland! I haven't set any mini goals yet. Hmm, let's see... By my birthday I want to be hitting the gym at least 5 days a week. Yep, that's a good goal.

Jenn - glad your throat is feeling better. Since you live so close to your job why can't you hitch a ride with someone that gets off at the same time as you? Or does everyone work different schedules? I'm sure the weather is beautiful up there this time of year. Does it get really really cold at night?

Okay, question of the day...Am I enjoying my food more?... hmmm... Well. I don't think I have good restriction so it's not like I have to savor every bite because I'm only having 5. But I am buying better quality food now. Lots and lots of fish, fresh veggies. So even though I can eat pretty normally I still have the mindset that I got when I was first banded, everything that goes in my body has to be extra good because I can't have alot. And even though I have no trouble with bread, Pasta or tortillas I tend to stay away because in my mind I think that bread, Pasta and tortillas are going to take up too much "room" in my pouch that I would rather fill with meat and veggies. Sorry for the long answer, that question really made me think...

I hope everyone has a good weekend! My floors are getting installed as we speak so hopefully this will be the last weekend that we eat dinner while sitting in bed!

Love you all!

hello gals

I am that close but no sidewalks on part of the route and people drive like crazy people and I'm not thrilled about walking in the dark on those roads. I could hitch a ride home but a couple nights I'm a taxi so that wouldnt alway work either. 3 months ago I would not have been able to walk the hills.

Happy Saturday!~!!!!

OMG......... I just got back from THE MALL and my credit card is tired......... Started out simple enough... I've been on a Quest for the OhYeah wafers and the Protein Bullets that Laura uses............. 4 GNC stores with no luck so I went to a large mall.................. lets see.............. first stop was the

Clinique Counter (because its the only makeup I can wear these days) The outlet hasn't had my shade either.... SO ANYWAY I went in with a bare face and had EVERYTHING DONE up to my eyes.......... $180.00 of skin care and pore putty and yes foundation.... (and two of the FREE bonus gifts) I left Clinique.... on to Victoria Secret to get sized for a new bra............... One IPEX full coverage shaper, 5 pair of cotton high leg briefs later I left the secret............ on to GNC's..... apparently the highest volume store in KC... they had EVERYTHING....... so one BOX of chocolate pb OhYeah wafers and 6 bullets later............... I left GNC.............. back through Dillards because that is where I parked............ Clearance racks everywhere........... so ONE pair of chocholate brown slacks later (size large) later I left Dillards....... (normal $89.00 marked down to $15.00).................. oh what a day...

OH and what set me off on this quest.. and day of Tracy spending............ 215.8 lbs on the scale this morning!

16lbs to ONEderland!

I'm depressed...I'm back up to 215 (from 213.2) and I'm hungry. My last fill the doc would only give me .2cc and I feel like I can eat and eat. I know part of this is my lack of will power and I need to get ahold of myself. I've done great since I started this back in January, had my surgery in April and have done pretty darn good, until now.

I don't know but I need to get a handle of my eating....I need to also start exercising. I'm going to go for a long walk tonight and I'm getting my butt up in the morning and am going to the gym....I'll drag my preggo daughter with me and we'll swim after the treadmill and bikes.

Wish me luck!

TracyK you look absolutely amazing!!! You can tell so much that you've lost weight, but the biggest difference I think is in your face!!! You're so pretty, and I love the hair color!!!

My hair is still falling out by the handfuls. It's really starting to make me nervous. I got into the shower this morning and washed my hair - about a 1/2 handful of hair down the drain.

Then I get out and brush it, and lose about a brush full. I asked my hubby "will you still love me when I'm bald??" He looked at my hair and said "wow it IS getting thin hun...but yes, I'll still love you." What a guy...I just hope I can love myself bald!!