Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jennifur- I try not to comment about your bf, because I hear things that don't sound right. Meaning, it sounds like you're talking about an ex that you don't get along with, etc.

So, are you saying this is your current bf, who treats you like crap? If so, why are you still with him? If it's just a bf, walk away!!!!!!

When we lived in NM, we had a couple we were friends with, they were DATING.. and in COUPLES COUNSELING! I kept thinking.. you don't have kids together, you don't live together, you're DATING.. if you don't fit, you don't fit.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to understand.

Oh, about 6 months after we moved from NM, they did finally break up.. and they're now both with new people and both very happy (she was my best friend, he was DH bestfriend..so we talk to them both regularly).

dbf is an issue and I wish I could just let him go, getting there.... or he would let me go and stop playing mind games. it would be so much easier if we didn't have 17yrs and 2 kids. new whatever.... i walked away last night and I told him no way was I ready to be someone's girlfriend, no commitment right now.

Ohhh, so he's the father of your kids?

Well it makes more sense to me now, I didn't know this was that guy.

the one who i always talk about is. the guy from yesterday who wants a commitment to spend time with me is a new guy, and he is kicked to the curb.

what drama. I need the strength to deal with kids dad. I wish i didn't love him, but our drama over the last 4 years is why i was a complete fat ass, now I've worked to a mini fat ass. LOL

off to work

I know you're all right, of course... 8 lbs IS 2 lbs/wk... & that's fine... good even... it's just, y'know... I want MORE! :)

Terri... I just spent 15 mins taking pics of myself & honestly, I look like a fat blob in them... & just when I was feeling so good!! So don't hold your breath for pics from me just yet... bleh...

Bah, I'm sure you look great!

Quit being so hard on yourself, and dish up the pics!!!

MICHELLE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A FAT BLOB! She is just down on herself today!

STRUT THAT COWGIRL CUTE ASS! Your a Violet!!!!!!

WWJD!

Hope all are having a good day!

It's hard to play catch-up when you get behind for a week. I'l have to go back and finish reading your post.

I had my fill today and I now have 5cc. The doctor's assistant usually does them but today the doctor did in. I wen in complaining that after a fill I could still eat a hamburger on the way home. He bluntly said, "it won't happen today!" and he gave me 2cc's. I could feel my band tighten and when he had me drink some Water I could actually feel it. No more guzzeling it. It took me almost 20 min to drink a bottle of water and I can usually down it in less than 3 min. I truely think I have restriction!!!! :clap2:

I'm so on full liquids today and mushies tomorrow. I fell like I did when I first got the band.

Back to my complaining...I mentioned that almost everyone on my on-line suppport group has lost 50 lbs or more and I haven't. He said that 46 lbs is right on track for me and the fact that I'm doing weights my appear to be slowing down my weightloss but that isn't the fact! Weights build muscle and that end the end I'll be more sucessful in keeping off the fact because muscle burns 4 times more cals than fat so I just need to stop being so negative. ... Then as the nurse is weighing me in the office she proccesed to tell me that I have only lost 11lbs since my last fill and that I'm on the low end of weightloss.

On one hand the doctor, who has done thousands of RNY & bands, said I'm doing very good and to enjoy my success and on the other some nurse, who has only been working with the office 2 months says differently, I only hear the negative. I have lots of head work to do!

Well I'm off to work. Everyone have a good evening!!!

MS_Jen: Do you realized that you could very easily hit ONEderland by your next appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that you are now a lower BMI bandster tells me that the nurse has NO CLUE! You have done great and now that you have restriction you will have to FORCE yourself to watch your protien... (I am there as well)

Today:

coffee w/sf Creamer

B: WC oatmeal w/milk

L: 1 pc of provalone cheeze (7 grams protein)

L: 1 SBD protien bar (10 gram protien)

Sn: NOW as I type this.... Sweet Freedom Yogurt (9 protien)

We are going out to dinner but I am either getting a baked potatoe or Soup (depending where we go) restraunt cooked meat is a waste of money for me right now.

I just updated the spreadsheet and the link on my signature
I just totalled our losses on the spreadsheet and it's like 478# (or close)!! WOW!

We were going to go out too....but it's a waste of money. Especially when I am sooooooo happy with pan-grilled tilapia and some steamed asparagus or salad. I've got a freezer full of meat and lots of veggies in the fridge so we're eating in too. Tomorrow's a busy day for me. I think I'll do some beading tonight and probably hang out here. So I'll see ya'll later!

Oh, by the way, I meant to ask ya'll....... Do you find that you enjoy your food more now than pre-band?? I know I do. Every bite.

Oh, by the way, I meant to ask ya'll....... Do you find that you enjoy your food more now than pre-band?? I know I do. Every bite.

Nope, eating is not fun for me anymore. It is more of a chore than anything. I seldom think about it and when i do, Its like, oh god, same old crap. But that is OK with me (for now) because I am doing what i have to do. i am retraining myself to "eat to live" not "live to eat". I have found in alot of cases that if I am enjoying what I am eating, then chances are I should not be eating that particular food.... BUT I wouldn't change a thing!! Sorry if it sounds like a downer, but it is what it is. :confused: I am having to teach myself that there are good foods out there that are actually good for me! Unfortunately I haven't foound that many, but I will.....

PS...I hate fish

Man do I sound like a bah-humbug or what? LOL

Hi Violets,

Just wanted to check in with you all. The cruise was great I am back to school and yesterday.............I hit the 50# mark! Yea!!!! I am so happy! Can't chat now trying to catch up on all of your interesting lives.

Good Eve...

Ok, not a fat blob per se... whatever. I did take pics today so we'll see if I feel better about them another day. yee ha.

So, the Fall Fest. It was overall good, I guess. Lots of compliments on the wt lost. The funny part was that by the end of the evening, practically all the "fluffier" women had come up to me at one point or another & asked what I was doing to lose the weight... and I proudly told them ALL that I had gotten the band in May + a mini-"what's the band", etc. lecture + eating properly + exercise. So in a way it was my "coming out" party! One gal wanted the surgeon's info... the others seemed interested... I told them all I'm happy to chat w/them more about it if they're interested... so I'm w/you now, Tracy... cat's out of the bag & I'm the one who let it out!!

Feet are killing me... 'night!