Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Man - I just took the best 30 min nap ever.

I went to the gym again, did some yard work, went for a 2 mile walk, and bam.. out like a light. I now have to go pick up ds and then get ready for work. I timed my walk today, it took me 15 mins to walk to work, so I might start walking there depending on who can bring me home. I won't walk home in the dark.

did i mention I am determined to hit my next goal in 3 weeks. Onderland here I come

oh dbf stopped over earlier, since i have not seen him in a week he made sure to tell me how great I was looking... yea well do something about it ass before I find someone who wants to be with me!

Hey everyone. I know it's been forever since I posted, but unfortunately, some of you have too much free time!!! I just can't keep up with all the posts. I'm going to try to keep up again from this point, but I make NO promises!! LOL :biggrin1:

Anyway, I pray everyone else is doing well! There's no way i can catch up on 300+ PAGES of posts.

But as far as my progress...well...it's stalled. I've hit a plateau :help::help::help:

I'm down about 70 lbs since January when I first saw Dr. Cywes, but only about 35 of that is post banding.

Either way, i'm happy with that loss, but obviously want to keep moving towards goal. I've been really bad with my carbs which is the reason I've stalled. I've been struggling with them ever since we took the kids to youth camp back in JUNE. That really messed me up.

Starting right now I'm jumping back on the bandwagon, so I need prayers (since keeping up with the board is kinda iffy! lol). I have my next appt on Friday.

I'm also having a hard time getting into an exercise routine. It's busy season at work so I have to get up extra early, so by the time I get home, i'm WIPED OUT:faint:. I have a recumbant bike now, and I love it, but my tailbone starts hurting when I use it :-( Maybe I don't have it set up right, who knows....

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hello, let you all know I'm doing well besides hitting this plateau. I'll hopefully have updated pix to share soon :(

Take care everyone.

Morning girls-

Tracy, you had my granddaughter running to the computer to see what was funny---I was laughing out loud at your comment....and incidentally, no she has not got my rack, she has none left at all!!!! I really am ok with my size, I want this belly gone terribly, but apparantly not enough to work seriously at it!! I work hard---I DO a lot of things, we hauled wood again last night...didn't get back in until 10:30 last night. We live and DH works in an oilfield area, but around here, it is not usually oil, it is natural gas. When they hit gas, it has to be piped, so they clear a swath of land, where they lay the pipleline. Trees all come down. They have a machine that they are run through, and it de-limbs them and mulches the limbs and any of the tree with less than a 6" cross cut. The remaining trunk of the tree, is either left in logs or put through another cut that leaves them in 18" lengths. Our son come across a location they had just cleared, so we jumped on it!!! We filled 3 truck beds, ours, our sons and my Dads, and a 17' trailer, with already cut cedar and pinon pine. For the cost of the permit, which was $10.00 per cord. We figure we had 3 cords, at least that was how we tagged it. While it had been cut, we still had to toss it to the road, and load it in the trucks and trailer, and then now we need to unload it---none of which is easy work. I move cows, and do a lot of physical work, I guess just not regularly enough for it to do me much good. I do have some muscle behind me though---I impressed my son last night!!!

Speaking of muscle, my 2 year old granddaughter will flex her arms and ask you "whatcha think of this gun show?" Cracks me up everytime, she is the scrawniest little thing---and she holds up those toothpicks like a little body builder!!!

Yes Terry, I do often want to say things to people, in this case my inlaws, that I opt not to. It would accomplish nothing, but cause all kinds of problems! It is one of the big things I love about this board....I can whine to understanding people and no one gets hurt by it. Rick and I have full understanding that there are things you just don't say. He gets mad as hell at his family and complains, and I do to a bit, but temper mine, they are afterall HIS family. He is the same with mine. It is like with your children, you can complain and say how mad they make you, but no one else better say a word about them!!! I could talk to my Mom about his family, but then it colors her opinion and future treating of them---so it is nice to be able to get it out, and not affect anyone with it.

Thanks ladies!!!

Pamela---I too am kind of anxious for some of the new TV to start. I am not a big winter fan, but the work of getting ready is putting me in the mood to do as you guys have all been talking about, loading the crock pot, and snuggling in....just watching TV, and enjoying the fire. It is a good thing I live where the seasons change, I am always ready, by the time it actually gets here!

TracyK---do you have a choice of dentists? There are some new ways of doing things that make it so much easier than it used to be to have a root canal! My dentist, will give me earphones, and has a TV for me right over my head, I can watch TV, or one of his movies, or take my own! He works VERY hard with me to not let me see any needles etc.

I have mentioned to most of you my history...with a violent EX, well, he ruined my teeth....literally knocking one out, and breaking 3 others at the root, shattering my jaw....I am VERY familiar with dentists, and I agree, if you have any chance of saving it---give it a try. I know it is not cheap....I am sorry you are going through it. I have spent enough time in a dentist chair, to be quite comfortable with it now. About 3 years ago, my dentist moved away, and a new guy took over the practice. We have dental insurance through Ricks work, so with it we are limited in who we can use. I was so scared, but the new dentist, is wonderful!!!! Of course he is also about 10 years old!!! Seriously he is soooo young I tease him about checking him out of preschool so he can work on my teeth! He and his wife just had a baby last week, she was premature, and is still in the hospital...I need to call and check on them.

Anyway, my point is, find a dentist you like, and it makes it so much different! I take Kinsey with me all the time, and she watched from infancy, now she goes in, sits in the chair all alone, and opens wide. She calls him Dr. Brent...he has painted a sealant on her molars. Hopefully it will keep her teeth healthy.

Judy, glad the fills went well, and was a successful shopping trip for you! Sounds fun! I need new work out shoes. My DD was telling me about a new pair of Nike shoes that work with your ipod Nano, you insert the disk in the sole of the shoe, and it counts your steps, and calories burned and all....sounds cool....and expensive!!! Besides, my ipod is not a Nano.

Well my girlie is awake from her nap, so we are off to get the wood unloaded. Y'all take care, and have a good day, will check in later....as I am obviously one of us who has too much free time Panda, but I don't find it unfortunate at all!!! I am quite loving it!!!! Hang in there, plateaus happen to us all....repeatedly in my case!!!

Kat

Hey gals...

Quick check in. I've been in a munchie mood for about a week now... not good... it's keeping me bouncing up & down the same 3 lbs... + TOM arrived this a.m.... grrrrrrr... am trying so so hard to be "good" today... sometimes it's easy, sometimes not I guess... slow & steady... gotta keep that one in mind!... didn't work out today... all in all, I'd say I'm in a bit of a funk... need to kick it OUT of here!!

I bought the Soup ingreds today, too! Am going to make it tomorrow or Thurs... I think they're calling for a rainy day on Thurs, so maybe I'll do it then...

Laura, FANTASTIC, FABULOUS on the -50... doesn't it feel great?? Where's Pam w/those boobie bananas???

On my way out the door to get the ingredients for the Soup too!! Terry... you coulda made a bundle if you had charged for the recipe!!!

We are at 78 degrees right now. It got up to 84 and the a/c wasn't working at Curves today.. arghhhhhh Just had a couple of macadamia nuts and they are sitting right in my throat. I guess the fill is working!!

Thanks for all of the concern ladies. I just found out that the dentist I like can't see me until the 4th of October....are you kidding me? I feel like I have smashed in the jaw with a sledge hammer....to top it off I feel like I m gonna throw my guts up. Graphic I know, but that is how I feel. I gotta go....

:Banane57: :drum:

:(:Banane08::Banane10::) :drum::Banane27::horn:

:Banane57::Banane25::Banane35::Banane33::Banane44::)

LAURA'S DOWN 50#!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

------------------------------

Tracy - don't they make allowances for 'emergencies'?? Ask for a referral to another dentist and they might just suddenly find a way to work you in!!! Root canals are a dentist's dream! lol The antibiotics are probably making you nauseous. Are you taking them with food?

I'll leave the boobie bananas to Pamela -- I know how she LOVES them!

Laura-congrats on the -50. That is so awesome!!

Terri-I think you are right about eating with the antibiotics. I need to make sure that I do that. Great idea about asking for a referral. I will get on the phone first thing in the morning and start calling around. The only thing I hate worse than dentists are new dentist and bad dentists!! LOL

I feel alot better right now thanks to darvocet... ;)

Kat-I wish you could go to the dentist for me since you have so much experience in that area!!

Jennifur-how close are you to onederland....wanna race?:heh: Just joking. I am gonna have a tough time breaking this plateau. But you know what? My new size 12/14 a** is ready for the challenge!!

Pamela-I miss BB already...:think

TracyKS, Michelle, Denise,Haydee, last nut not least... Judy- :peep: BOO!! (I just wanted to use this character...too cute)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....................................

;):Banane20::):Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::peep::bananadoggywow:

Laura~ -50...you rock girl. You'll be a skinny biotch in no time! I threw those last two bananas in because your a newlywed (does not look like I spelled that right) and I know you'd love 'em!

For all you Soup makin mommas...YUMMY!! I just came home from Jazzercise (OMG...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT) and had a bowl. So healthy and yummy, your gonna love it! We should create a Violets Recipe Book or something like that. I don't cook much, since I live alone, but would love to have a resource or something... something to think about.

The jazzercise class was so fun. 30-35 min of cardio, weights, mat exercises. I feel so much more "worked" than my gym time. I think that I am gonna stick w/ this, I feel this will yield better results.

Have a great night ladies!

xoxox

Hi guys = home from work early, ready to pass out.

TracyK- I am not nearly as close to Onderland as you are, 13lbs for me. I am determined to get to 203 which is my -75 but going to work my butt off to get there, so I'm up for a challange to catch up to you.

Laura, I don't remember if i said it but Congrats!!! you are on your way girlfriend

TracyK~ So sorry your not feeling well. Take good care of yourself! I miss BB too. Gonna be a long 9 months. Would you ever do the show? I would love the mindfullness of the show...the head games etc. but I would suck at some of the challenges, like the one where they got naked. I would need too many bubbles to cover me up.

Michelle~ You'll be outta this funk in no time. When I get my TOM, I actually feel sick, almost flu like! This too shall pass.

TracyKS~ It was a glorious day sans children. At the jazzercise class, one of the teachers who did not go to the conference was there and she had to cover my class. She normally teaches GATE kids...but she took a walk on the wild side. She only had 'em 3rd period, but said, "omg...now I know Pamela, now I know."

2 more days, then I teach on Friday, and will make sub plans for Mon and Tues!!! I am so excited! LOL.

Don't get me wrong...I love my job. This is just the hardest year I've had in 5 years, and probably my hardest class ever. OH...what doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Hi all... I'm at my mom's doing laundry. We haven't hooked up our washer/dryer yet since we are getting new floors on Saturday. I had a pork chop for dinner. Everything went smoothly. I had a chicken breast for dinner last night. No problems there either. I think I might be at a good spot. I do get full fast but I don't have a problem with any one particular food. My head is killing me right now. It's been a looooonnng day. I'm ready for my bed. I've got one more load to go. I'll be so happy once my floor is down. Then I can finally be settled.

Have a good night everyone...