Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat, I meant to say earlier that I'm proud of you for un-volunteering your house for the birthday party! You're darn right you paid your dues and it seems like you're hosting a party every other week!! You work hard enough....let the youngsters handle it!

I've decided that I'm going to make a big ol' crock-pot of vegetable beef Soup (almost) every weekend. I made some on Sunday night and have been eating it every day for lunch and it's so good! I took the time to calculate the nutritional value on dailyplate.com and it amounts to 200 calories per 2 cup serving...and 22g Protein, 3g of fat and 19g carbohydrate and 4g of fiber! And what a great way to get a wide variety of veggies and micronutrients! Getting enuf veggies is always my challenge. I eat salads but need more variety.

I'll post my recipe just in case anyone wants it.

CROCK POT VEGGIE BEEF SOUP

1.5 # lean stew meat

1 qt (32 oz) beef broth (I used Swanson's)

1 sm can organic Tomato sauce

3 cloves garlic - chopped

seasoned garlic salt to taste(I use Garlic Dude Dust)

black pepper to taste

1 can chopped tomatoes (I use Rotel 'cause we like it spicy)

1 zucchini cut into bite size pieces

1 yellow squash cut into pieces

1 crown broccoli cut into pieces

1/3 crown cauliflower cut into pieces

1 can Green Giant niblets corn

2 white potatoes, quartered

1 small bag baby carrots

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

I trim the stew meat of all visible fat and gristle. If I have time I brown it in oil..otherwise I just throw it in the pot.

I just mix all this stuff together in a 4-5 qt. crock pot and cook on low all day (10 hours). I think you can get the same result by cooking on high for 4-5 hours.

:faint::eyebrows: also WTG TracyK on the 12/14's!

Ugh! That avatar didn't turn out so well....the real picture is a little better.

You see that frowning brow and those heavy-ass eyelids?? YUCK. That's what I'm going to spend my bonus money on next summer to have fixed!

post-213702-13813135514844_thumb.png

Terri- You look great, you don't need surgery!

But due to having the lap-band I've contemplated if I would get plastic surgery when I'm done.

IF I do.. pannis (sp) removed (hopefully hopefully won't need to :) ) , and I like the size of my boobs, but they are SO flabby. I really wanted to just have the fat taken out, and implants put in.. but then I read implants have to be replaced every 5 years.. no thanks!!!!! So I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I'm too young to have my nipples hanging to my knees (and they do!). You'd think I had 10 kids or something.

Anyway, when I'm closer to goal, I'll definitely be thinking about this stuff.

Jennifur- My hero! You go girl with all that exercise. I diligently do 1 mile a night (walking), except since 2nd surgery. I could probably push myself more, but I'm too damn lazy at this point. I can't wait till I lose more weight and body feels better. I want to brag about going to the gym someday.

Terry I think you look great as well---and I'd love a closer look at your necklace---did you make it???

I had the family pissed at me, but I didn't care, neither did Rick, he was in a frame of mind he wasn't gonna go...but we went, and I fielded a few well aimed verbal missiles sent my way...and did fine.

We have a big estended family here, and some months we are bombarded with birthdays, so we do one big get together each month, for a group birthday. Kids get gifts, adults get cards. This month, my son, my MIL, SIL, and 2 great nieces all had birthdays. Well it seems the parties go between my MIL's, my SIL's and my place---and since it was both their birthdays, I always get September here. Well last month both Rick and I as well as several other family members had birthdays, we held it at my SIL's and we had a big Navajo Taco dinner, I took things as well. But we didn't have any ice cream, so my SIL requested ice cream. My DIL suggested an ice cream sundae party, which would have all been fine, but my MIL insisted we need food, so the kids had something besides sweets. It was easier than arguing to just plan on roasting hot dogs over the fire pit---or at least it was until it stormed!!!

Then when I suggested we take the cake and hit a local restaurant, I find out there are supposed to be several little girls coming with my niece for her birthday. That is when Rick and I said uh-uh. Nope. No way. Ain't happenin'!!! Which irritated everyone, and they decided that my great niece deserved a birthday party (I agree), so they would have it at my SIL's. She did deserve a party, one at her house, with her friends, not one being given by the family as a monthly get together!!!

I always had a party for my kids with their friends, I did not go overboard with themes and such, I was simple---cake & ice cream. Occasionally we did a pinata, or had a sleepover, or a pizza party...but had their friends in, and had a birthday party. We always had it on a weekend near their birthday. On the day of their birthday we would take them to their favorite restaurant, or I would cook whatever they chose, and we invited the grandparents. Done deal, birthdays over!!!! We have one in Sept., one in Oct. (who happens to be born on BOTH Grandpas birthdays---his Dad, my Dad, and our youngest DD all on the same day!) and then one in Nov. We saw a lot of family by the time the birthdays and holidays are over!!! It always was a relief not to have to plan anything come January!!!

Now, my kids do their kids....Manda did have Kinsey's first birthday here at our house. But she planned and paid, and cleaned up. I took pictures!!!

I love my inlaws, but they are soooooo set in their ways, and so obvious in their favortism....it is a little nauseating!!!

I heard no less (I SWEAR to you) than 20 times between my MIL and my SIL, that she now wears a size 8. She looks good, if she will keep it covered up. Now the weather is changing she looks GREAT!!!! Summer, she insisted on wearing tank tops and way to revealing of clothes for a 59 year old, especially a 59 year old with all that extra skin!!!! I know that sounds so mean, but she looks so good when she dresses according to her body. She looks nice and petite, and well coordinated, when she does wear nice sets. There is just no way to get to a normal conversation about it, because it is being shoved down my throat that I still wear a size 14, and she wears an 8.

I eat....she throws up....there in lies the difference!

Thanks for listening to me vent girls. I know it comes across as sour grapes, I truly don't think that is the issue. I don't ever see myself in a size 8, I can feel my hip bones where I am, my bone structure is not like hers...I just hate being dumped on ALL the time. I really think the next time Rick says lets don't go....maybe we won't.

I insist now because his folks are both in their 80's, I don't want him looking back in years to come wishing he had spent more time with them.

Well off to figure out how to dress up tonights chicken!!!

Kat

Terri-I love the pic...I think like Laura you don't need surgery. But, I also believe someone needs to do whatever they feel like they need to do...so go for it!!

Pamela-I knew I loved you for a reason!! Me.."skinny biotch" I love it. Thank you!!

I wonder how Judy and her DH fills went....

I am thinking about a slight fill, and I do mean slight. I was so sick when I was too full. So maybe .2 cc I will have to give it more thought. Well, I have another staph infection. Maybe that explains my headaches? I am just praying it is anything but my tooth so I am grasping at straws.

Everyone have a great evening!!

Hey Violets~

TracyK~ Promise to call me a skinny biotch when I get there?

Kat~ You brought up a great point. Women, no matter what their size (well, I guess size does play into it) need to dress for their age. I love to be sexy, love wearing lingere or stockings, etc. but in private and to be kept private. I live in a fake tan, fake tits kind of place. I see women w/ fake everything, and face lifts, w/ wrinkled necks or knees...and they are dressed like they are 16! I feel a woman can be sexy w/ attitude, and a great perfume, but have all their "goodies" covered up.

Terry~ You look georgous!!! Really! It is a great pic of you. I don't think you need surgery, but I know it is individual. That is a great pic, you don't look like you'd belong to a WLS group! WooHoo!

OK...gonna go do some homework now, and get ready for Dancing w/ the Stars!!!! Love that show.

xoxoxoxo

Terry - you do look great, but we all have our issues so do what makes you happy. I think I look good in clothes. I'll never meet a man, i'll be too afraid someone will see what is under there.

As for dressing sexy, I love tank tops, but, even with the built in bra's I always wear a real bra with it to hold it all together and look not as slutty. I wear them with everything, jeans, skirts, sweats, doesn't matter. I also wear them under shorter t shirts or even regular t shirts, I love the layered look and now that they actually fit.... but I also wear them under everything to hide some of the fat rolls. I know I'm insane.

Kat - you go girl, and you look great at a size 14. and healthy.

Just a note, if you want to include your e-mail on the contact list, when sending me your secret santa info, make sure you include your e-mail too :)

I have never worn a size 14.. I went from kids, to mens, to size 16 womens (as a kid). I can't believe I am one day going to wear a 14! That's my 'dream' size. My mom is a size 12/14 and she has the perfect figure IMO. She is 5'10, and I'm 6'0.. so 14 should be realistic for me!

Does anyone else have more than 100lbs to go?? I must be the biggest of the violets..

I was bigger than you Ms Laura (339lbs) and my goal on my ticker is 199 just because I can't ever remember being under 222 since junior high or maybe before that.

150-160 is a more realistic goal for me -- currently at 253ish -- so I am right there with you!

We will do it together!!!!

:)

Love the new avitar Gina~ Looking good!

My friend was banded on Aug.7 and she is down -34 #. I am so proud of her. She started at 50 pounds more than me, and she is doing great.

Ok, no more homework, gonna watch Weeds and Californication now. Then, let the dancing begin!

xoxox

Ohhh forgot Weeds & Californication are tonight!!!!!

That's what I'm going to do now

Haha I was so excited about those shows, forgot why I came to post.

Restriction still impressing me!

I got the small steak dinner from steak-out...

Side salad, 6oz sirloin, loaded baked potato, roll.

Pre-band.. I'd have the 12oz and eat every bite.

Post-band.. I could eat 1/2 the meat, and most of the potato, the roll, and a bite of salad.

Today.. 3 bites of sirloin (approz 2oz), 2 bites of potato (didn't load it, just did butter and sour cream), no roll, no salad.. and I thought I would burst! It's AMAZING!!! I don't ever want my beloved restriction to go away!!!! I got my hiccups and everything after such little food. And that was 4 hours ago, and I'm still full. IN THE EVENING. This is when I've been eating bad. Yay yay yay!

And one more thing, then I really am going to watch tv LOL.

I use to LOVE beef jerkey, but for years and years, everything I find in the stores is yuck.. I don't know why!

So, our vending machine had beef sticks (I was thinking about the idea of filling my work drawer with good snacks).. so I got some beef sticks.. I don't particularly like them, but they do fill me up. The calories were 170 for 2 small sticks, so I started looking online for better calorie ones--I knew they had to exist.. and I'd keep a stash. Well, I found a place that sells 'quality' beef jerkey. I wanted to believe, so I ordered single packs of a few different flavors/cuts. WOWEEEEE.

They are SOOOO good. And, the calories are quite low! Makes a great snack. So I finally found beef jerkey I really like again.

I tried the western cut Teriyaki, western cut Sweet & Spicy (these were both my favorite, I just ordered them in bulk now).. Also tried country cut bbq, and country cut teriyaki.. didn't like them as much, they were squishy compared to the western cut, but they tasted fine.

Anyway, here's the website- Buffalo Bills Premium Beef Jerky, Beef Sticks, Venison Jerky

And I got a 10% discount code, expires Oct 31, if any of you want to try this place out.

Code is 1JML31

And I vouche for them.. you know that says a lot with my picky tastes!!

Kat - You're so sweet to all of us, but I see a little spunk in you!! I love to think of you just smiling and nodding when your SIL's size is mentioned for the 24th time....and seething inside just wanting to scream, "SHUTUP ALREADY!!!" I'm VERY glad you're not PBing all the time and enjoying life to the fullest! Look at you at 186....when did that happen?? Seems like just a couple of weeks ago you hit Onederland! (Actually, I think it was right around the time I did, that's why I remember.) You just keep doing what you're doing girl!!

No, I didn't make the necklace...it was on sale at Avenue for $5 so I bought it for the beads! LOL I have only worn it that once. They are shell 'discs' knotted onto 5-6 strands of black linen cord. Any of you could make that....it's so easy! The hard part is the creative part...which I am not very good at. So I steal ideas from all kinds of places!! LOL

Speaking of TV, Pamela....has anyone seen "Tell Me You Love Me" on HBO??? Yikes. Depressing but it draws you in somehow. I can't make up my mind if I like it or not. And good grief, the sex!! :)

TracyK - What do you mean another staph infection!? Aren't those hard to treat??? AND you have a bad tooth? Sounds like you need your 50,000 mile maintenance, girlfriend! I'm chipping away at all the appts. I need to make...still have 4 more: gyno, mammo, GP and a fill. Always a fill! Going on Wednesday for just a smidgen...going to ask for 0.1cc. Hope she doesn't think i'm crazy. I digress.... sorry you're not feeling well, sweetie. Go see the doc and take care of yourself. Oh, and why would you pull the tooth rather than get a root canal?? Hang on to those teeth! They come in real handy later! Just ask my mom!

Laura?? How are you feeling? I can't believe you're talking about going back to work already!! Ugh. Take it easy!!

Judy - Hope ya'll are doing okay with your fills and you had a nice road trip!

Gina - Thanks for the new avatar! The other was so dark I couldn't see who I was talking to! :)

Jenn - You're in my prayers every morning and every night.

Haydee - Where are you? Did you take your beading class yet?

TracyinKS - :wave: Hiya!

I'm going to troll the board then I'm going night night. Sweet dreams ya'll!