Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning gals

I'm up and getting ready to hit the gym. My crazy neighbors have a dog that they never let out until 9:30 so they say has been outside barking since 4:15 this morning, and is still out there barking and barking. How can they not hear that? This is an every day thing, weekends too. It is insane. This after my dog barked 1 day out there and they blasted me, I listen to this every single day. I got my dog a bark collar and had to move his kennel because of them, again, same 1 day. Yet I can't walk out my back door.

sorry, needed to get that out! They just had a baby in June, you would think it would wake them up

be back after the gym

Judy, I'm sorry you don't feel well, I'm recovering - I hope you don't have what is going around here. Feel better

I'm really off - it is so cold here at night but going to be 85-88 the next 2 days, this is insane. and I just got a few long sleve tops. Size M - I'm so excited about that. I am still convinced my Csection is what killed m lower belly, OH well TT here I come

Top of the Morning to Ya Violets~

Hey, where the hell is Lunasa?

The scale was neither kind nor mean...can't complain 254. I'd like to lose these 4 pounds and be at -30 for my 6 month anniversary! And I need to buy a couple of charms, I am behind on that. Last week, I spent too much money on Cookie Lee (necklace and earrings) and some xmas gifts from a fund raiser. Yes, I've started and will be done shopping by 12-1.

We start our Jazzercise tomorrow, and I am very excited about that. We've got a handful of ladies, oh yeah, and one gay guy gonna do it. Should be fun.

Saw the saddest movie last night. If your in need of a good cry, but can't think of a good excuse to do it, rent this movie, Eight Below. OMG...I sobbed out loud...love it. Now putting my face on this morning is gonna be a challenge w/ my puffy eyes.

Susanne and I had a stupid row last night, and she slept on the couch. We've made up now and she is actually on the road, left at 5:30 am. But I am pissed...we spend so many nights apart, and to do it when she is here is just stupid. OH well, gonna have a great day reguardless...only today and Friday w/ the kids! Just what I needed!

Have a great day! TracyK, a size 12/14...are you kidding me. That is my goal. Your doing great. Hell, I am excited to get into the 22's. Your officially a skinny biotch...congrats!

xoxoxoxox

GOOD MORNING VIOLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I held on to the teens for the weekend! Whew!

Laura: I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!

OK... so I can NOT eat fried chicken... OMG it was sooooooo good until IT STOPPED and I spent the next hour spitting it up.

I have GOT to get my Protein in..... my fingernails and hair are really showing it.

Oh.. funny thing happened Saturday.......... my sisters MIL (the fried chicken lady) is also a garage sale queen and my sisters neighborhood was having a community wide sale.........

ANYWAY, eileen came back with a pile of clothes for ME... (she thought I migt be offended but insted I hugged her....... I'm wearing one of the dresses right now! All were stretchy XL's and paired with some of my Jackets/Sweater stuff ... .. I freaking feel like I'm one of the "AFTER's" on What not to wear! LOL............ me in a swingy clingy wrap dress?????????????

WHO IS THIS PERSON?????????????

OMG Tracy -- how FUN!!!!!! I wish I had the time to garage sale...I love bargains!

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

I was a piggy yesterday, so liquids & small salads it is for this week! + a call to schedule a fill... I was able to comfortably eat a restaurant's entire eggplant parmesean serving last night = need a fill!! :) Not good... well it was, but it wasn't as well... you understand...

Did my 2.25 hrs of aqua exercises this a.m..... feel good about that.

Tracy, my sis brought me a bag of clothes from her church's thrift shop... same thing... she thought maybe I'd be insulted... I am definitely *not* a yard sale/thrift shop type of gal... but I happily accepted them! They're mostly bumming-around-the-house type stuff, but hey, that works!!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Laura -- I e=mailed my info to you... let me know that you got it, k? Thanks!

Morning violets.

My DH is sick, so he's not going to work.. and if he can't drive me, I'm too loopy on meds, and if I need to come home early, etc.

So I didn't go to work either. I'm going back tomorrow, I just won't take pain meds I guess. Or hopefully DH will be well by then.

Michelle I got your info, you're now on Santa's List :)

Since this 2nd surgery, I've been eating ice cream.. ends up on myplate, thats the only place I got calories from really. I'm at 800 calories a day, 600 at least is ice cream. My throat is raw from that tube they put down there, so it numbs it. Ho hum.

I threw it away this morning, no more ice cream!!

Hi gals

well, went to the gym worked out for 45 mins. OMG I can tell I have not been there, then came home and went for a 2 mile walk. I went on a new route. not something I could do at night but in daylight was great, down my hill up a gradual hill, then leveled then up a huge long hill, then down a hill to my house. Did it in 30 mins. I am not a walker so that was huge for me. I want to get out and walk the streets so when it gets to nasty out I will be happy doing the treadmill with strangers around. Anyway, I am beat only getting 3 hrs sleep. I'm going up to work on my room and get rid of more clothes.

LOL and then fell asleep!

Ok, Pam....here's what I made last night and had for lunch today (w/o the tortillas):

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1.5 pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite size pieces

2 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes w/ green chiles (might be a bit much for some)

1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce

1 small onion, chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 quart chicken broth

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 bay leaf

1 can niblet corn

(Some people use fresh mushrooms, squash, black Beans and/or sliced carrots for their veggies)

1 bunch cilantro, leaves removed and finely chopped

2 limes, cut into wedges

2 avocados cubed (optional but good!)

8 oz mild cheddar or monterrey jack cheese, cut in small cubes

7 corn tortillas

vegetable oil

Serves 6

DIRECTIONS

Place chicken, Rotel tomatoes, corn enchilada sauce, onion, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over Soup, and offer chopped cilantro, avocado, lime wedges and cheese to add to soup as desired. (The cilantro and lime is essential)

MMMMM OOO man Terry, my mouth is watering. Probably because I've only had a Protein Shake and a Calcium thingy today! Thanks so much for sharing...I've printed it out and will work on that next week! Gotta love that slow cooker!

xoxox

Terry that looks great. I was going to make some this weekend but I might use yours instead. Well - I'm getting ready to go do a little running. Have to go to the bank and post office. I again am so tired of being stood up. I know blah blah blah. I think I'm going to go out on a date tonight... not with dbf. There has been someone interested and I'm going to call him out... I love dbf but I'm starting to love myself and you know what, I deserve so much more - so maybe he will realize this or maybe i'll meet someone else and move on with my life and be happy???? one never knows, but I do know it is 1 chance with anyone new, stand me up, change plans at the last minute.... i'm done.

I feel like tracyks... who is this person.... and she is wearing jeans, something she has never ever done!