Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies...thank you so much. All of you are so right (and I am glad Judy wasn't here in inflict bodily injury on me, lol) I knew that all of you would make me feel better. Thank you all so much!!

So, I said I was going to buy something that was too small as a goal, right? Well, I bought some Jeans (the strechy kind) in the regular department, not the womens. I bought a 12/14. Got home tried them on to see how much more I need to lose before I can wear them....and guess what, THEY FIT!!!! woooooohhhooooooooooo Now, that is what I needed to make me feel like I am not doing this in vain!! OMG, I am SO shocked!! I can't remember the last time I was that size. Talk about a jaw dropper!!! :car: I will check back in later....thanks again everyone...I love you guys!!

Ohh about the gift exchange.

Here's a brief run down.

If you're interested, turn in your name & addy. Dec. 1 you'll be assigned someone's name. We set a $$ limit, and it's secret-santa style (until you send it, then of course reveal who you are!). So everyone would buy someone else something, as their secret santa.

If you guys do want to do this, let me know! I'll get it organized :car:

I'm interested in doing this! That sounds like so much fun!!! Let me know if we decide to do it and I'll send you my name and addy! :)

Looks like there's interest :)

If you want to do the gift exchange, PM or e-mail me glisteningrelic(at)gmail.com with your name & address (Optional phone, to do an info swap so we all have each other's contact)

I'll start compiling the list, and when we draw closer I'll spread out the secret santa names :car:

Today at the cook out--my first test! You guys, I'm so anxious for even a month to go by now! This is what the band must SUPPOSE to be for!!

I had 1 cube of a chicken piece, chewed little bits off of it.. stuck...bounced around a little.

Put on my plate, small servings (what I normally eat now), but was only able to eat maybe 1/2 tbsp of mooshed up broccoli and 2 shrimp. I feel full, extremely full. I love it.

Birthday cake, someone's b'day. I took a tiny sliver, since I knew my stomach was tight and everything. One teeny tiny bite.. STUCK! And I no longer wanted cake.

I'm loving this. Not only can I not eat a whole lot, but I don't WANT to eat a whole lot.

Laura found her new groove, look out world!!!

I hope at 260 I look like I did last time I was 260, I have to say it looks pretty hot compared to me now..and at that time, I didn't realize how sexy my figure was!!! 24lbs isn't a whole lot, fingers crossed!

Oh, and terri my avatar pic was taken this morning.. what did you think I looked like?????

I think you've just lost a LOT of weight in your face!! It doesn't look nearly so round! And your hair looks darker. And your glasses look different!

I just wish we could all meet so we wouldn't have to rely on these pictures to know who we're talking to! :car:

Either way....you're so beautiful! Ah, to be young again!

Terry~ The Soup was kick ass yummy! Sooooo good!

I am in for the gift exchange...and a meeting...and a Violet tat...and whatever else!

Laura~ Your pic is way cute and I agree w/ Terry, your face looks so much thinner.

Last night at dinner, my MIL said, "You really look beautiful...your face is glowing and is so much thinner!" Can't hear that enough. I was pretty good this weekend, and drank lots of Water w/ a water pill! Hope the scale is kind in the morning!

xoxoxoxo

The Soup is very very good. I need to take a speed cutting of vegetables class. I did cut the meat and vegies in small pieces, because until I get unfilled on Thursday, I can't eat much. I also have bad acid reflux, and the Dr.s' office told me that was due to the band being tight! Can't wait till I use Rotel tomatos, love spicy food.< /p>

Jane

Hi guys.

OMG Pamela... a violet TAT.... that is awesome and I'm so all over that. I was looking for something to add to my vine and butterfly. What better than something that marks the beginning of my new life and my new found friends, who I would never make it through the day without.

Ditto what Tracy said.... I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!1

oh and Tracy, congrats on the 12/14. I am excited I am working on the 14/16... although the 16 are very comfortable right now.

Just a note, if you want to include your e-mail on the contact list, when sending me your secret santa info, make sure you include your e-mail too :)

I have never worn a size 14.. I went from kids, to mens, to size 16 womens (as a kid). I can't believe I am one day going to wear a 14! That's my 'dream' size. My mom is a size 12/14 and she has the perfect figure IMO. She is 5'10, and I'm 6'0.. so 14 should be realistic for me!

Does anyone else have more than 100lbs to go?? I must be the biggest of the violets..

And now I just saw UNDER your ticker.

Me and my pain killer self is calling it a night now. ROFL!

Hi gals

well, I'm off to bed, just looking at before and after pics. I have decided that I'm getting my ass up in the am and going to the gym. I have 3 weeks to my 6 month bandiversary and I want to be at -75 so.... Tomorrow is that new day, I can lose 10lbs in 3 weeks! Then I'll post new updated pics.

Evening ladies!!!

Laura, I have most of the addresses already, I have a few left to hear from---I will just forward them all on to you...easy 'nuff!!! I am in for the exchange.

I had family battles today---put me in a rotten mood. It rained, and the outdoor plans were not going to work. I suggested we all meet somewhere for dinner, and was going to take the birthday cake...they vetoed that idea, and ended up doing it at my SIL's and then proceeded to try to make me feel like shit for not having the party. BUT---Rick and I had already discussed it, and I refuse to let them make me feel bad!!! I do not want a bunch of kids with ice cream sundaes running around in my house. I do not allow my grandkids to do that, it was not my childs birthday--it was my great nieces birthday---HER mom can deal with the mess---I did my time, now she can do hers!!!

This niece is doing my SIL's fills and unfills now....seriously!!! I cannot believe they are doing this, but they are. My MIL said she (the niece) could do mine, I said Nope, I will pay my Dr. when I am ready. She made a comment hinting that I thought I was too good for it....not too good, but waaaaaay toooooooo smaaaaaaart!!!!

Rick now has whatever the mouth infection I had was....he is miserable. Of course being a man, he must have it worse than I did, because it really hurts!!! No kidding!!!??? Cracks me up, I tease him about it.

We got word today my cousin who is in Iraq was injured. He is alive, but seriously injured...they gave them no other information. His Dad emailed my Dad, and has called him a couple of times, he is so upset, and no one knows what to DO....waiting for news is so hard. Brett was supposed to be out 9 months ago, but they stop-lossed him, so he had to stay. He is due to retire as soon as he can get back stateside. He is not a young soldier, he is 40. Hope he is going to be ok.

Well I have Kinsey bright and early tomorrow...so I guess I should go to bed.

TracyK I am so glad you decided to try those pants on!!! What a way to lift your spirits!!!! Now, relax a bit, and let your body catch up, then you will begin dropping weight again!

Laura, I have no idea of weight, I don't pay that much attention to what each of us weighs, but I would hazard a guess that at 6' you are likely the tallest of us, which would put you at a higher normal weight anyway!!! I know some people are begining this Weight Loss journey at a weight similiar to what I weigh now!!! But at 5'9" it is not a terrible weight for me. If I could lose the rest of my belly, I would be happy where I am....but gotta keep working on the belly!!!

Ok I am babbling....will talk to y'all in the morning!!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

Just a note before we get on the road for the 4 hour drive to our doc for our fills. I didn't feel well yesterday, slept most of the afternoon and was up a pound today. BUT, I'm ok with it.. I know the fill will make the numbers go down again and I have a mini-goal in mind for Nov. 4, our next cruise date. I want to be at 169. I think that's darn doable.

Everyone have a great day and remember.... PATIENCE, trust and WWJD??!!!

Kat-I am really glad I tried them on too. I am wearing them right now to go to work. I have put the scales away until the weekend just as Judy suggested.

I agree with you about the kids running around with ice cream in your house....I wouldn't have done it either!! Good for you!

Jennifur-I have been in 16W. They fit OK. So that is why I went and got the L (12/14). I started to get the regular XL 16 but I thought no, I want to get the smaller one for a goal. LOL Anyway, I love the fact that they fit!! Thanks!

Laura-I have always been big too. When I said I do not remember ever wearing this size, I mean I really don't remember! I do not know if I ever did! You my dear will have the biggest success story out of all of us and I am SO excited for you!

My dd is coming home today. I sure miss her. I am going to call my dentist today to see if they can do a root canal through my crown, if not they will just have to pull it. Yikes!

Everyone have great day!