Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jenn - The best thing you can do in the meantime is keep your throat CLEAN. Gargle with warm salt Water or Listerine (if you can stand it), drink hot tea w/ lemon, and stay away from dairy products. The strep bacteria LOVE the lactose! Do you have any Chloraseptic in the house? It numbs the throat. Not great, but it does help. ((hugs))

Ms Jen - Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of depression? Lexapro saved my life .... and marriage! If you're already on something for depression, maybe it's time for an adjustment. Sorry you've got the blahs :woot: Been there and it sux.

Kat - you and Rick make me ill. Get a room already! :waytogo: Oh wait....

TracyK - Cooler weather is coming!!....someday. Can't wait! I'm ready for some outdoor festivals and cleaning up the yard and cycling in the 'hood!!! Aren't you??

Pamela - Your moods sound to me like your hormones are alive and well!! You're pretty stressed out right now, too...be good to yourself. But NOT with chocolate!! I need to schedule a teeny weeny fill too. Can't for a couple of weeks though. <snarl>

Denise - I'm kinda glas your DD decided not to move back in with you...that sounded like trouble to me! There's a special place in heaven for you! We're having a bit of trouble with my DS in that regard, too and it's so damn frustrating!! Just want to hit him over the head with an Iron skillet! Oh well, I made stupid choices too and survived to tell about it! I guess they will too, eh?

Judy - Where are you?

Today was my official weigh in day and I'm back to 186.x since my Las Vegas debacle. That was a relief! I thought for sure I'd have to work it off for 2-3 weeks!! So, ONWARD!

Love you guys. :love: Have a great Friday!!!

Oh!! LAURA!!! .......... THINKING OF YOU TODAY!!!

got this in my email today....don't know if it's true or not, but I wish it was!!!

--------------------------------------

This is the message that the Pacific Palisades High School (California) staff voted unanimously to record on their school telephone answering machine. This is the actual answering machine message for the school. This came about because they implemented a policy requiring students and parents to be responsible for their children's absences and missing homework. The school and teachers are being sued by parents who want their children's failing grades changed to passing grades - even though those children were absent 15-30 times during the semester and did not complete enough schoolwork to pass their classes.

The outgoing message:

"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting to the right staff member, please listen to all the options before making a selection:

* To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1

* To make excuses for why your child did not do his work - Press 2

* To complain about what we do - Press 3

* To swear at staff members - Press 4

* To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5

* If you want us to raise your child - Press 6

* If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone - Press 7

* To request another teacher, for the third time this year - Press 8

* To complain about bus transportation - Press 9

* To complain about school lunches - Press 0

* If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!

*If you want this in Spanish, you must be in the wrong country. "

Yep Judy, same here, I just read mine to sleep!!! She has to get up so early to get here, as her Mom works early, that she is ready for a nap about the time everyone else is getting up! She gets so excited about Dora coming on TV, and never makes it past the first segment, or past the first book...tired little gal!

Glad to see you, we were wondering about you!

Denise, it sounds as though your DD knows you meant business, but is not taking it in an angry way. I see it as progress. It makes sense that part of her anger was knowing you were seeing her doing wrong in your eyes, and it is so much easier for them to be angry than to accept that they disappointed us. We went through some of the issues with my son, it was a rocky time, and poor Rick was just beside himself. On the bright side, DS is not messing with any of that anymore, he is clean and has an occasional beer with the guys---his Dad and BIL, but that is not even real common. He has a great job, and a beautiful little wild child son. Don't give up, which I know you will never!!!

Tracy---sounds like a lot of work to move a filing cabinet in---but it also sounds like unique exercise for the day!!!!

TracyK---I did the same, could not get rid of the headache, finally managed some Advil Cold & Sinus, and it eased it. BUT I do not have tight restriction, so could manage the pill. Not suggesting you push it! You might also try some strong coffee or tea, sometimes a jolt of caffeine can help with a headache. SO sorry, I hate headaches!!! I imagine this is when your little one demands ALL the attention, and loves her noisy toys as well. Kids have that sixth sense!!!!

Jenn, I would gargle frequently with salt Water, or some water with a bit of peroxide....something to keep your throat clean. Don't take any leftover antibiotics in the meantime, they will turn your strep culture negative, even if you DO have it! Get well. Just worry about healing, and being healthy, the weight will work itself out later hon, you have to be well!

Sure hope you are ok Laura, been thinking about you lots!!! ((((hugs))))

Terry---We are contemplating a Vegas trip later this month. I have us booked down in Glitter Gultch, since that is where the bike fest activities are...maybe we will consider Treasure Island next time, I love trying new Vegas hotels!!! Just like I told Jenn, don't fret so over the weight right now. You just got home, and it will come off, but think of the good time you had! Yes getting the rest off is important, but so was having a good time!

It is my philosophy I keep putting off onto others---don't give up today waiting to be thin tomorrow. Enjoy today too!!!! These habits are slowly being ingrained into us!

Look how well Laura did, she knew she could eat lots, and she might have even tried, but she didn't regain all her weight overnight!!! She kept her WWJD rules in mind. We can and we ARE doing this!!!

Pamela---it is FRIDAY!!!!! You have almost made it through another week!!! I talked to my cousin on the phone last night when she called to check on my Dad, she teaches middle school algebra, and coaches the volleyball team. She said she is just finding this year hard, her classes she said are not well mixed, it seems all the ones who want to do well are together, and the slackers all together, so things are either difficult or too easy...and the overall attitude, is indifference, she said they have no personality yet!!! Hope you are off to a better start!!! She seemed so sad with it...

Well, I am going to take advantage of Kinsey being asleep, and hit the shower.....bbl

Kat

Terry - thank you, I've never had strep and not 100% sure if that is what I have now, but, I guess that bowl of ice cold ice cream is not helping and maybe I should give it up while I'm on the antibiotics. That is about the only dairy I have. I have done the salt Water thing but will do it more consistantly. I am having some weight control oatmeal, I think TracyKS mentioned that in a post and it just sounded good, so I got some, not that bad.

Well i guess i'm taking advantage of not feeling great, I did dishes, trash and now going to do a wash, which 2 of the 3 are dd's chores so i'm going to blast her today.

Yep, Jennifur... having my WC oatmeal right now... I had the cinnimon but now I'm trying the bananna nut bread.... prettty darn good... :waytogo:

I am sweaty........ back to it

Morning Violets~

Terri, thanks for that. I've already emailed to everyone, especially the front office secretaries who have to deal w/ all the calls. Yes Kat, TGIF. I totally agree w/ your cousin, the blend is not great this year. My afternoon class makes me work way too hard. Next week, I am out for 3 days in a training (w/ 2 days out each of the next 2 weeks too) and I am sooooooo excited. Usually, especially this early in the year, I would hate to be out...but I am looking forward to the break!

I am having my Protein Shake now (330 cal) and it is pot luck day:faint:. My friend is making meat balls, so I think I will have that, not the carb ladden beef stroganoff that I've had lots of this week. But hey, they scale said 254 today. Again, 2 people told me already today (2 different from yesterday) how great I am looking!!! Shit, only -26 pounds, but what a difference. Remember, I never felt "fat" until the last 30-40 pounds. I still felt very sexy at 240, I was wearing stockings, lingere, etc at that weight! So, I am just glad to be inching closer to that!

Gotta go get ready for my sub next week. She better be good, or Kat and I will have to kick her butt!

xoxoxxox

lol MS Jen. We are not all like that. Susanne and I are like any other couple who've been together for a while...Just get it when you can, like everyone else. AAAHHH, but I do remember the early months!

xoxox

Oh I know that, but for some reason I just thought of you. I guess because they were there as a couple, supporting each other, as I know that Susanne supports you. (But they still needed to get a room)

I guess I'm just in a very bad mood. My dh and I had our 18 yr aniversary and he didn't acknowledge it. I don't know why I expected him to since he hasn't in over 5 or 6 years.

I have no support from him what-so-ever. We just live in the same house. Now that he's sick and we still don't know what is wrong with him I have to do everything including taking care of him, his attitude is worst toward me and we have no communication.

I get all my encouragement from others and from all of you, which means a lot!!!

So I'm just having a "Big Pity Party" I'll get over it soon and will be back to my old or should I say my new self !?!

I just had some potatoe/broc Soup from progressive, I ate the entire can 400 cals, but hght Protein (28g) (includes the extra cheese I added) and tasted good. I'm going to mushie stage I guess. total for today 560 cals. it makes me crazy because I feel like i'm gaining but not going to look, just survive the next few days

tracy-glad to hear the bananna nut was good, i was tempted but afraid to try it, now that I know I like the cin. I'll get that next time.

Ms Jen

we posted at the same time, I'm sorry about you and hubby, men suck. Ok not all of them LOL

You have all our support girlfriend, log on and check in. You know we all have our shit and I honestly don't think I could have made it this far without my violets.

HUGS!

Kat – Happy that your dad is better and on the mend

Terry – That EM was funny

Laura – Thinking of you!

Jenn – Hope you feel better soon!

Tracyin KS – Belated congrats!!!

Teachlady- You’re such a good Grandma

Everyone else, have a great day!!!!!!

Ms Jen

we posted at the same time, I'm sorry about you and hubby, men suck. Ok not all of them LOL

You have all our support girlfriend, log on and check in. You know we all have our shit and I honestly don't think I could have made it this far without my violets.

HUGS!

Thanks!!!

I'm finally down 2 lbs this week after almost 2 months of nothing. I get a fill next Friday and the doctor is going to do it himself this time. Maybe I can talk him into a little extra to hold me. His assistant is stingy when it comes to fills.

Is this one of our Violet's that needs a fill quick and is running a muck???:waytogo:

A seagull in Scotland has developed the habit of stealing chips from a neighborhood shop.

The seagull waits until the shopkeeper isn't looking, and then walks into the store and grabs a snack-size bag of cheese Doritos.

Once outside, the bag gets ripped open and shared by other birds.

The seagull's shoplifting started early this month when he first swooped into the store in Aberdeen, Scotland, and helped himself to a bag of chips. Since then, he has become a regular. He always takes the same type of chips.

Customers have begun paying for the seagull's stolen bags of chips because they think it's so funny. (Do you think they'll pay for our Tummy Tucks?)

http://www.noob.us/entertainment/seagull-caught-stealing-chips/