Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

TracyKS - nice to see you are back. I'm sorry, why are we dealing with crazy men lately?

I am so tired I can't see straight. I'm going to get a cup of coffee and then go get my hair cut. then i'm going to try again to take a nap before I go to work.

Oh did i mention that i'm doing Protein Shake again this week? I need to get motivated and start eating healthy again.

Terri- Chinese food is a food that gets stuck 100% of the time for me! The asian chicken does it some reason. So I've been eating it a LOT less than before.

Since I'm on OOMTOM, I'm not weighing myself right now, I KNOW it will set me up for failure!!!!

I had a milk for b'fast, and having leftover chicken stuff I made last night (300calorie per serving) for lunch. Trying to find a good chicken recipe for dinner tonight. I can't find anything that fits both 1. easy to make 2. something I'd like.

DH is allergic to seafood, otherwise I'd probably make shrimp and crab stuff a lot!! I could eat boiled shrimp for dinner every night! He's also allergic to nuts, and some reason all these websites recommend asian chicken stuff with peanut sauces.. which sounds disgusting to me regardless of whether or not he's allergic.

I have 2 good chicken recipes, I want more like it! One is a chicken casserole, the other is chicken and cheese in crescent rolls.

Awww Tracy, you and Terry are dealing with some seriously upsetting things when it comes to your kids...I can relate. I will be sending good vibes your directions!!! And will remember you in my prayers too.

Terry---I got the most wonderful compliment on my bracelet---will relate it when I have more time! But thank you again!

Jenn--at least you have no hangover keeping you from the gym----I would have, I am such a wimp!!!

Pamela---hope you get a wonderful group of kids this year!!!

TracyK---at least it is a short week!!!

Well I am off to try and hunt down some red & white gingham check table cloths, and napkins, and western party decorations. My SIL's decided to give my FIL an 80th birthday party. They did a 4 way call last night amongst the siblings, while my DH was under the influence of his pain meds for his neck....so now we have a list of things we have to do because doofus that he can be agreed to it---and he is working. So I am picking my Mom up and we are taking Kinsey and going shopping...fun!!!

Everyone have a good day---will check in with you all when I get back! Wish me luck, when I have something specific to find, I hardly EVER find it!!!

Kat

Share those recipes Laura!!!! Will rack my brain for some for you---remind me again what it is you DO like!!! j/k-----we can work with picky---my DH was called Picky Ricky by his siblings growing up---though now you'd never know it!

Kat

nope, no hangover - i'm sure because i passed out and slept til 8. Since there is no smoking in the bars in NY - I find that I am not as hungover in the morning. I think the smoke killed me.

Laura - I love chicken - I usually soak it in something, italian dressing, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper and throw them on the real gril or the george forman grill inside. Actually that is what we did last night with homemade mashed potatoes & sauted zuccini. I got this great chicken rub at the local grocery store in the spice section. it kept my chicken nice and moist and great flavor. would be good for baking because it keeps it moist.

I - personally would love some shrimp or scallops - that sounds good. Maybe that is what i'll do for dinner on Monday night - that is my next night off.

TracyKS -- I don't understand.....what does your ex want??? Visitation? UGH!

I just got off the phone with my lawyer a little while ago and I am very pleased with what she had to say. Now to talk to DH, then my son. I'm a nervous wreck and have tons of work to do!! :)

Zesty Pork Chops (can use chicken, also)

Any number of pork chops (bone-in, boneless, or pork loin cut into 1-inch, serving size pieces)

Grey Poupon Dijon-style mustard

an italian Salad Dressing (such as Kraft Zesty Italian)

Throw some of the mustard and some of the dressing in a ziploc bag. shake it around to mix evenly. Pierce each of the pork chops with a knife a couple times and throw them in the bag. Place bag in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes so marinate (or longer/over night for a stronger tasting meat). Cook in fry pan on stove till meat is done. It's THAT simple and very tasty.

Will have more later...

Terry- I'm glad you are pleased. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

just got back from getting my hair cut. I have bangs and layers. I was going to color my hair today but I don't want to do it over, it looks nice right now.

so I was suppose to get my child support today and it would have paid all my bills for the month with exception of my mtg, which come out on the 15th... and guess what... didn't get it... i'm slightly stressed and don't want to have to deal with that right now. $2500 in the hole, one month i get it the next i don't. no reasoning behind it which makes it worse.

ughhhhhhhhhhh

And here comes 'Laura is too damn picky' post..

I don't like white meat chicken. So, I don't like grilled, marinated, etc. All yuck!!

But! I have found a compromise for myself. I found a chicken casserole recipe, and you shred the chicken. Now, diced chicken= YUCK.. but some reason (I don't know why, but who cares why), shredded chicken is good!! So, I found the other recipe for normally diced chicken and stuff in crescent rolls.. didn't like it.. tried it with SHREDDED chicken.. YUM! (That's my lunch today). Eating it as I type.. kind of.. it's cooling off.

So, lets hear your chicken recipes that I can use shredded chicken! I gave my george forman to my sister.. I like my steaks in the oven and like I said.. grilled chicken is just about the worst chicken IMO. BLECH!!! Why did God give me such fickle taste buds? You'd think I'd be skinny.. but I guess what I like to eat, I LIKE to eat.

I use olive oil in cooking, but I really really do not like the taste of it, so I use the most minimal amount I can get away with. I like vinagerette dressings, but I use like a small dash of oil and then 3 tbsps of vinegar.

My 2 whole chicken recipes I like (hehe):

Chicken Casserole..

3 boneless skinless breasts, cooked.. I nuke them in the microwave, and then shred them up with a fork.

The whole recipe calls for 8oz of sour cream.. I use 4oz.

Mix chicken with the sour cream, salt & pepper to taste, 1 can of cream of celery (or mushroom or whatever cream of Soup you like), and fill that can 1/2 way with (skim) milk and mix in also. In a bowl melt about 2tbsp butter (I use the low calorie stuff), and then crush ritz into it. Pour the chicken mixture into casserole dish, cover with buttery ritz crumbs. Cook for about 15-30 minutes, till its bubbling and browned on top.

Other one.. I used 2 large boneless skinless breasts (for 2 people this made 4 'pockets' and we both ate 1 each last night...and had chicken mix leftover). Instead of nuking in the microwave, I cut it into strips and cooked in 1/2 olive oil 1/2 butter combo, with 1 tbsp minced garlic.. cook till done, then I shredded the chicken and put it back into the pot. Mixed a couple tablespoons of whipping cream into the pot, with about 1.5 cups of cubed colby jack cheese. I cooked till the cream was well blended with the oil and the cheese cubes *started* to melt.

Then roll out pilsbury crescent rolls.. mash 2 together to make a rectangle.. then put the chicken mix in the middle, pull all 4 corners up and twist, then seal the edges. Cook for about 10 minutes. They are approx. 300 calories each, so I served it with rice, and I only had about 3 bites worth of rice on my plate.

If you have recipes that meet this criteria, either share them here or PM me :) AREN'T YOU GLAD I WASN'T YOUR DAUGHTER??

-No Pork (Bacon/ham is ok)

-No White meat chicken unless shredded (or recipe can be altered to shred it)

-No seafood

-Minimal olive oil, so olive oil can't be a main ingredient

-No peaches, prunes, dates, or mangoes.

-No fancy schmancy spices like rosemary, thyme, etc.

-No carrots or celery in the food (Can be sides of carrots.. like copper pennies!)

-No overly spicey stuff

I think that'll do it for now.

Thanks violets <3

OMG laura - you crack me up. what about whole chicken/turkey with the dark meat?

to me, it is kind of funny that you nuke chicken. to me that is disgusting LOL .... has to be nice and juicy

Whole chicken/turkey and dark meat are A-OK! I love turkey legs.. and chicken legs are good.

And yea, I think nuked chicken is better than cooked in the pan hehe.

LOL - dark meat is not as good for you but is moist and still full of Protein. actually shreds better too.

I was just looking through my cook book I love and use all the time. Here is what i came up with.... chicken - mexican type stuff, enchalida's and tortia Soup. chicken caticcori - made with dark meat falls off the bone... and a good place to check out shredded chicken recipes would be for pork. I know you said no pork but to replace with shredded chicken would be good.. like BBQ, pork & Beans except with chicken. They are all crock pot recipes so siimple and easy. Let me know if any things would work and i'll type them up for anyone who would like them

Oh yea..

-No Mexican ... Forgot, that's another reason these websites don't have anything good for me, they push a lot of mexican recipes too

-No red sauces (re: italian, like pizza sauce, any marinara)

-No Pasta (Not only is it not a good carb, I'm not a fan)

chicken caticcori... what's that?