Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

kity- OHhh.. now I see, it's in your signature. I guess I was looking for Panda.. she's Pamela isn't she?? Sheesh, I thought I was goin crazy!!

Speakin of dreams.. Since it's my OOMTOM since I stopped taking those fat-holding pills of mine, I was sooo munchy-ish last night. I ate a banana and 2 100 calorie packs right before bed (i know i know!), but then it caused me to have dreams I was REALLY overeating!! I dreamed I ate a WHOLE LARGE PIZZA.. and I don't even LIKE pizza.. and then I had 3 cheeseburgers from McDonalds (which I still haven't had since surgery), and a large fry.. and I was drinkin Mt. Dew (haven't had since a MONTH before surgery).. so hmm.. my body thought my banana and 2 100 calorie packs were equivelant to all that? HAH! My 'binge moments' do not hold a light to what they use to be.. I really could eat 4-5 McDonald meals in one sitting..

But, I still don't miss it. I just get irritated that I crave lots of food late at night.

Laura~

I had to laugh at that one. Did you ever think that a banana and 2 100 cal snack packs would qualify as "binge overeating". We have come a long way baby!!!!

Laura & Pamela....OK so now I know that I m not the only one that dreams about food!! LOL

Here is a weird dream that i have just about on a nightly basis....drinking while I am eating....and i mean drinking alot as if to say, I will drink when I eat if I damn well want to, SO THERE. LOL

I wake up thinking OMG, I was drinking & eating at the same time, it was a dream right? hahaha

I dream about smoking....not so much eating. Addictions...new behaviors...all the same thing, I guess. Brain trying to process WTF is going on!

Laura - I try my hardest to eat before 7:00p because I go to bed about 10. I almost always wish I could have a snack at about 9:00 or 9:30 because my 'dinner' is usually very light. And on top of that I used to do most of my smoking in the evening! So the evenings are pretty tough for me and when it starts getting to me I just go to bed. LOL. But hey! I'm getting more sleep now too!! ;) I'm just gonna be so healthy nobody will be able to stand being around me.

Speaking of which I just got thru ordering magnesium and fish oil supplements. I remember feeling sooooo good when I took that before. As an added bonus fish oil makes my skin so much more supple and right now it's horrible. Menopause is cruel.

Well, off to get DD from the bowling alley. DS is playiing paintball and DH is playing golf. I'm sitting on my butt. I went to the gym this morning and tried the rowing machine! That was fun!....well, it was different, anyway. Good workout!

Hi Everyone!

I am a little behind reading (page 402) but wanted to say THANK YOU to TERRI for the wonderful Bracelet -- I wear it daily!

Ms Gym Nazi -- I am ready, willing and able now to start the exercise madness. I have chosen biking 5+ miles per day/session - with 20 sessions being completed in the month of September. I have a goal of 300 miles by end of the year!

Wish me luck!

Gina - so nice to see you again.

Wow - I have been on self destruct mode this week, I pb'd slime and all on a chicken wing tonight... I am officially done. Protein shakes starting tomorrow for a week then get myself on a schedule.

I hope everone has a great night. I was going to go out after work but guess not. I'm going to have myself a little drink and off to bed.

Just got back from the grocery store.. well a few hours ago.. I've been in mad-cleaning mode. It's weird.. I clean on weekends, but normally light cleaning. I just swept, mopped, vacuumed, hung up curtains I've been meaning to get around to, cleaned the microwave and oven, hung up a wall decor for the foyer I've been meaning to do, dishes, laundry, more laundry, more dishes, picking up, straightening up shelves, windexed every surface I could find.. yeesh. My back is actually hurting :) Did a lot of time on the hard floors in the kitchen and laundry room.

So at the grocery store, Terri I needed your phone number LOL! I posted in the foods and got no good responses before I left, and only one afterward.. suggestion of shakes, and frankly I'm tired of hearing 'if you get such and such it's just like a such and such that's good'.. doesn't work for me, I've resigned to the fact I do not like ANY Protein shakes.. and I'm ok with that. I know it's with good intentions, but I've spent way too much money trying to make shakes people say are delicious, only to find out it makes me want to vomit. I do my protein test tubes of 42g every day, gulp, chase with Water, an' I'm good! Soooo I needed some good b'fast ideas.. things I can make and bring to work..that will keep me from being munchy-fied all day long. Only thing I remember hearing was cottage cheese with fruit.. I can't see me doin that every day, as I don't particularly like cottage cheese outside of my granny's lasagna. But, I got ff cottage cheese.. and frozen fruit: Cherries, pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries. I'm going to try it. But besides that, what else is a good appetite curber that I can take to work?????

Those 100 calorie pack people have my number DOWN! I went to wal-mart, and they keep coming out with new things.. and I must say, I love them all. Last time I went, I got those pepperidge farm Chessman Cookies, and chocolate chunk cookies. YUM! This time, they have reese Peanut Butter things.. reese pieces, peanut butter cookie things, and Cereal squares in it. Shorties are still my favorite. I also picked up the 100 calorie chip packs. It's easier to rant about the junk food I got, because I'm so amazed with my 100 calorie packs..they seem to always be a different texture than the 'original' and I actually prefer the 100 calorie ones. But I do get healthy stuff too! The 100 calorie packs are my after dinner snacks/desserts. (and like last night, my 'binges'!!)

I've also been trying to find good high protein, low calorie recipes on the web.. I hate hate hate fish.. so this is really hard for me, every website is trying to shove that nasty fish junk down my throat. The only fish I like is catfish and it has to be very fresh with no fishy taste.

And on that note, I went to cracker barrel with DH tonight, I got the catfish and it comes with THREE sides AND biscuits. I notice more and more, I'm obsessed with how much food places serve.. and the big bites people take!! So I got fried okra, green Beans, and dumplings. DH got chicken dumpling dinner, with extra dumplings, okra, and mac&cheese. Sooo much food. I ate about 4 bites of my catfish, all my green beans, 2 pieces of okra, and 1 dumpling and the rest I got 'to-go'.. its a whole meal in that box (or 3!!). DH plate(s) were so full, I couldn't believe he was going to eat it all.. but by golly, he did. I even said, I couldn't believe he could eat that much!! And I watch people around us, how big their bites are, and they shovel it in.I remember those days.. unconscious of how I was eating.. meeeemories ;)

I'm wired up right now, got to find something else to do!!

Good morning Violets.....;)

Like Laura-It is amazing to me me the portion sizes that are served when you go out to eat. It is just unbelievable that I was able to eat that much. I watch people in amazement and think OMG!!! The best part is that I do not miss being able to gorge myself like that. I miss the food sometimes, but not the gorging part.

Terri-so how is the unfill working for you so far?

We went grocery shopping too yesterday. We went to wal-mart.

I normally like wal-mart but it did not take me long to realize why I like Krogers more. Wal-mart was a flippin ZOO. I was so aggrevated when I left there it was unreal! But what can you xpect going there on the saturday before Labor day...

I bet Tracy & Kat & Judy are having a blast. Especially Judy, she is taking my dream cruise. One day I will do it too! I am so envious.

My in-laws go on an Alaskan cruise one or twice a year, but if we were rolling in the dough like they are, so would we.

I have still been having trouble in the BM department and the last thing I want is to get hooked on laxatives so I need to call the dr office and ask for tips. Fibersure does not work for me....it just cramps me up. I have been eating green veggies, still no go. I bought some mineral oil and we will see how that goes. Do any of you have suggestions?

Oh well, I need to get to my coffee :ranger:

Everyone have a great day! I will check back later....

Morning violets

Laura - Breakfast suggestions. hmmmmmmmmm..... I make a crustless quiche - you can put anything you want it in and is easty to take on the go.

TracyK- you know I was having serious issues myself. I am now regular as long as I eat regular, but here is what I did that helped. (fibersure didn't work for me either)

found some whole grain pita's 45 cals and lots of Fiber

have a yogurt and add fiberone cereal to it every morning

have at least 1 salad a day

and when all else fails, which i doesn't seem to, i have some cherry essence prunes, only need 3 or 4 and i'm working.

I hope those suggestions help. Remember I was going weeks without going.

I'm off to drink my coffee too. ds decided i needed to be up with him. I think i'm taking a nap today

Good morning Violets.....;)

Like Laura-It is amazing to me me the portion sizes that are served when you go out to eat. It is just unbelievable that I was able to eat that much. I watch people in amazement and think OMG!!! The best part is that I do not miss being able to gorge myself like that. I miss the food sometimes, but not the gorging part.

Terri-so how is the unfill working for you so far?

We went grocery shopping too yesterday. We went to wal-mart.

I normally like wal-mart but it did not take me long to realize why I like Krogers more. Wal-mart was a flippin ZOO. I was so aggrevated when I left there it was unreal! But what can you xpect going there on the saturday before Labor day...

I bet Tracy & Kat & Judy are having a blast. Especially Judy, she is taking my dream cruise. One day I will do it too! I am so envious.

My in-laws go on an Alaskan cruise one or twice a year, but if we were rolling in the dough like they are, so would we.

I have still been having trouble in the BM department and the last thing I want is to get hooked on laxatives so I need to call the dr office and ask for tips. Fibersure does not work for me....it just cramps me up. I have been eating green veggies, still no go. I bought some mineral oil and we will see how that goes. Do any of you have suggestions?

Oh well, I need to get to my coffee :ranger:

Everyone have a great day! I will check back later....

Tracy, can you eat cereal? I don't have any problems as long as I have 1/2 cup of cereal in the morning. I use organic whole grains with 1 cup of milk and just take tiny bites and eat very slow. I also put whole grains with flaxseed in my yougart every day.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I eat cereal, I guess I need to try a different kind. Thanks!

Jennifur-I will try the whole gran pitas....sound pretty good!!

Tracy - I also have 'issues' in that area. And now the Chantix I am taking makes me even more constipated!! Good lawd!! then with the fill problems I was having I sure as heck wasn't getting any Fiber from my diet. Yesterday I used a laxative, which I don't mind doing once a month or so. Fiber is essential for good digestive health so you should always strive to get more. But for 'emergencies' I've always heard that prunes or prune juice is the best there is. I don't know why I don't keep some in my pantry!! (Going to put it on my list right now!)

Laura - Mornings really are my toughest hunger-wise, and I absolutely cannot have a carby Breakfast or I pay for it all day long. Yuck. Here are a few things for you to consider:

1) About the cottage cheese -- get the 4% full fat version, not the fat free. The difference in taste and satiety is sooooo worth the 4 grams of fat. Well, to me anyway. And don't forget to add splenda! Yum! I have eaten this almost every day for 4 years. Be careful about the kind of fruit you use as well. pineapple has a lot more sugar than say, strawberries. Berries are your best bet and they are full of antioxidants. Blueberries are the best. VERY good for you.

2) 2 TBSP Peanut Butter and 1/2 banana

3) cheese and whole grain crackers, like WASA multi grain or fiber rye, with a glass of milk

4) Breakfast taco -- throw away the tortilla!!!

5) make a crustless quiche like Jenn suggested, then you can put whatever you want in there

6) slices of deli meat rolled up with a bit of cheese in the middle...nuke if desired

7) I like South Beach Meal Replacement bars...and they are the ONLY ones I like...and I've tried lots! Peanut Butter or PB and chocolate. I keep these in my car for 'emergencies'. You can buy them individually at most drug stores, or by the box at Walmart or the grocery store.

8) oatmeal made with milk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon....and about a tbsp of unflavored Protein

Snacks?....about 10:00a I am almost always ready for a snack. I either fight it until lunchtime and load up on Water or cave in and have just a LITTlE bit of cheese, peanut butter or 6 almonds. That usually does the trick.

Oh, Tracy....BTW....I am feeling soooo much better since my unfill. Only problem now is that I'm having a bit more hunger. After Vegas I may go in for 0.1cc....but only ONE!!! It is so amazing to me that .3-.4 cc's can make such a huge difference. Going from not eating anything to eating just about everything! What a wild ride.

Thanks for asking!

Something that I've been wanting to post about is this perception thing. I am now weighing at the same as my previous high weight. Back in 2002 when I weighed this much I felt like a total fat PIG, went on Atkins and lost 25#. Now I feel like I could be happy at this weight if I had to (but i don't!).

When I was 24 and weighed 150 I felt like a pig.

When I was 20 and weighed 130 I felt like I could lose another 5.

When I lost the other 5 I felt emaciated and gained it back.

Apparently I am never happy. Odd isn't it? Never quite comfortable in my own skin. I gotta work on that.