Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I've slowed down. I did lose 18 in August, but it was all quick and then nothing.

Back to Water aeorbics - if i'm not going to have a job, i might as well go to the gym like it is my job. 3 days a week i'm doing a dbl with water aerobics and 3 days a week weights. I need to get my ass in gear to kick it up to be down more. I'm no longer happy wearing the old clothes, I want new ones1!!!!

TracyKS - sorry TOM is here in time for a quality alone time weekend

Wow!!! #3 that says we are pretty darn special!!!

Hi everyone!

Jane I have full intentions of answering your PM---time has just been short! Thank you so much!

Today we bucked the hay we spent til after 10 last night baling. Then I helped MIL put up 11 quarts and 8 quart bags of snap peas (aka black eyed peas.) I come home, sorted laundry, and madly tried to get some things done here---then we met our friends for a planning session for the weekend rally, and dinner. When we left dinner, we come back here, and just finished a couple of games of Mexican Train Dominoes.

We leave in the morning to take my Dad to Albq. to see the cardiologist concerning his carotid artery bypass. I just don't see them putting him directly into the hospital just before the weekend, especially a holiday weekend. So provided we come home tomorrow night, then we are headed out Saturday morning to a rally about 30 miles away. We aren't taking a camper Tracy!!!! But we have a ceiling fan in our tent---and we ALWAYS have a way to make their coffee...I take juice for myself!!! Saturday night we have tickets to REO Speedwagon, and Smashmouth. We also have tickets my friends DH won to the womens oil & hot cream wrestling Saturday!!! Should be wild---I imagine the guys will love it!!! Have no idea if we will actually go!

We will be home Sunday night sometime, we have a full day Monday, getting the front field baled and bucked. Not sure when exactly I will be here, heck it could be in hours...I might find time in the morning, then again I may not get here until Tuesday...so don't worry!!!

Denise, any word from DD?

Terry--the unfill helping?

I think my August total is like a whopping 4-5 pounds. BUT it is lost, so I am gonna be happy with it! I wish I had more drive to lose the rest quicker, but I am just so doggone happy even where I am, I just don't give a hoot about worrying about it!

I have been in an incredible mood all day! It may sound totally stupid, and yeah, I truly may have gone off the deep end---but last night, I think I totally fell for my DH again! I cannot really tell you why....lots of little reasons, all running together last night. He had worked all day, but was busting his butt for his Dad, and he kept such a sense of humor about it, and he took such care with him, without making his Dad feel useless. I was angry about having to do the hay, and I knew I had to get up early---but he kept even my attitude up. There was a point I was driving the truck & trailer, and he was bucking bales into the trailer, his Dad was driving the tracter with the baler on it. The back field is by the river, and the big baler will not go through the gate. So we were following the tractor, and he jumped up on the baler, and rode a hay bale as it fed through...and my heart just flipped, all over again. He was no longer an almost 50 year old man, he was the "boy" I fell in love with all those years ago...riding the bales just like he did then....it was so bizarre! I mean I have always loved him, I had never felt any less, so this sudden surge was shocking! It was like such an eye opener, all day I keep seeing things he does everyday, that I had begun to take for granted, and should not have. I have been smiling all day....

Well it is 1:30 in the morning, but I had so much iced tea at dinner---well after, we sat there for a long time!!! And it was regular iced tea so full of caffeine that my body is totally unused to, so I am still awake!!! I need to go try to sleep. DH is in the middle of a movie---guess I am not the only one it affected!!!

Anyway---everyone take good care of themselves! I will be back and check in with everyone.

I have received a few addresses from some of you guys, if anyone else wants on the list for exchange amongst us---just PM me your info, and I will add it to the list. I don't know when I will send it out, but before Christmas cards!!!! LOL!!!

See y'all later!!

Kat

Pamela.....update please!!! How did it go at the hospital & your port??

Jennifur-18 in August? OMG!! you go girl! That is awesome!!

Terri-welcome back to the land of eating food!!

Good morning everyone...lets see...in August I lost 10 pounds. Seemed like less because it goes in spurts.

TGIF....Everyone have a great one!!

Oh yeah, as far as goals...I set them but really realistic ones...like I want to be in onederland by Thanksgiving, now it looks like it might be Halloween :( But, if not, the original goal was Thanksgiving so I will still be able to "give thanks" if it happens by then.

TGIF! I just dropped my son off at grandmas and I snuck in here to peek.. I'm at her desk... Have a great weekend....

I will answer the goal question on Monday.

Morning Violets~

I am going in one hour to the hospital for my fill. I have to drink that contrast shit...yuck yuck yucky! I am a bit nervous today. I am supposed to go to the big "kick off" at the high school this morning. All the teachers go to the high school, and have donuts (no thanks) juice (no thanks) and bad coffee. But instead, the doctors office called wants me to come at 7am. So I am playing hookey from the kick off, and going to the hospital. I hope I will be done by the time I am supposed to go to my school for meetings again. I am just gonna say, "oh yeah, I was there...I was waving to you, but you didn't see me."

Ramblin' Rose...sorry.

I'll post tonight, or today from school and let you know.

Oh, I HAVEN'T LOST SHIT THIS MONTH. Been up and down a couple pounds, but, no loss. :think:think So I can not Celebrate w/ you all...but I can celebreat for you:Banane20::):Banane20:(I just love this banana). Congrats to all my skinny biotches!!! I really love and am proud of all of you. Hopefully I will have some weight loss to report at the end of Sept!

OK...gotta go put my face on. Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Morning violets

TracyK - I lost 14 of it right after my fill and kept it off, another 4 on Protein Shake week after I gained back a few. I had a bad week this week. Mine goes in spurts too, i lose then do a great job of maintaining, the lose and maintain... at least it is staying off!!!!!!!

I don't know what happened in August but I failed my exercise challange and by a lot, last month I exceeded, does that make up for it? LOL

I have changed my august challange - I am going to get my butt out of bed every day with my dd when she goes to school, drop ds off at the sitter and go to aerobics. I have to ... time to boost this loss to hit my next goal... then ONEDERLAND HERE I COME!!!!! I was going to go today but realistically - I am going to start the week off right.

TracyKS & Kat - Have a great time on your rally this weekend...i'm jealous. I have so many friends who camp I was thinking about picking up a used camper - cheap mini vacations. right now i'm so tapped it wouldn't matter - which sucks because I found a nice big self contained one for $1500, but... that is a mtg payment & car & motorcycle payment so you know what is not going to happen right now

I bet Judy is having a great time,

Hey Terry - did I mention how much I love my Bracelet and wear it every day!!!!! you are so awesome

Pamela - I hope your fill goes ok this morning, thinking about you

everyone else i missed. MORNING!!!!!!!!

Well I haven't weighed myself in a few days, but my count is 4lbs for August. Down 4lbs from last month, which confirms my feeling that I have less restriction than I did last month. My next fill is sept. 13 (soooo far away).

I bought a pair of new jeans in a smaller size, got them yesterday and wearin them to work today. I'm started to feel like I blend in with all the skinny sexy girls that work here. Some reason, that's a pre-requisite here. You have to be hella sexy and normally blonde. The lady who hires, is an old washed up sexy lady but she thinks she's still hot stuff and likes to surround herself with girls that look like her (it's funny being on the outside looking in). grfk_csr.jpg see..these are the customer service girls!

WOW, Jenn.... 18 pounds in ONE month? Good lawd!!!

Everyone is doing great....including YOU, Pammy!! You'll do so much better after your fill...dontcha worry. As for the kickoff thing...your health comes first and your school should support that. So don't you feel bad about being gone.

As for me, I only lost 3.2# this month...and that was all in this last week! LOL I think I know the trick...no eating and no exercise. :)

Kat - I know the feeling you are talking about. I get that when my DH flashes a certain kind of smile at me....when he's really tickled about something...I just melt. Rick really does sound SO special, but then again so are you!! No doubt you are soulmates.

I've got a crazy day here at the office...but I"m sure I'll be taking a break later. See you then!

Yes, -18 but don't worry, I will be stuck until the next big drop. LOL

well off to clean my room and shower for work. Friday is my long day

jennifur- ya...DAMN on 18lbs in 1 month! pass some of that mojo this way :)

MOJO passed. I think you all already got it, I stopped and everyone else is doing great.

Sunday is the first...EVERYONE UPDATE THEIR EXERCISE CHALLANGE. School is on again, so life gets back to normal - which i so need. I've turned into a lazy slug the last 2 weeks

Hey Vi's,

Just back from my 3rd fill... went fine... think he said I have 7.2 in there now?? but don't think that adds up?... this doc isn't my fav... he always asks me a million questions and when I answer he analyzes me & always seems like I'm odd or something... then I get nervous... he's the one who didn't fill me that one time... but he did fill me today, so voila, we'll see... don't feel any different & drank the h20 fine.

Ended up just going to sleep last night... no bubble, no beverage... Woke up this a.m. planning on making it a good day... & then found out I was basically "fired" from my part-part-time job!... I worked it only a couple times over the summer cuz' the kids were home, they said it was fine... I submitted my shift requests for Sept... and I didn't get ANY! So I figure it's their way of telling me something. I was going to e-mail the mgr, but figured I wouldn't make it easy for him so I'm going to call him now. It's not the money, but rather that I enjoyed the work & other employees, + got 1/2 price food (it's at the meal-prep kitchen place called "Let's Dish!" where you assemble main courses & freeze them...). Anyhoo... I guess I can get a $10/job anywhere if I want one... in the meantime I can edit & sub @ the ES... I always say I'm lucky that I can work for "fun" because my hubby works for money! But more & more my income covers the "extras" -- kids activities, etc. -- that we'd sorely miss if I did just nothing.

So life continues to be off-kilter for me & I'm still in my funk. Bah!

I'm going away this weekend also... we leave tomorrow 7am for Williamsburg for a soccer tournament that ds is playing in.

Time to go do laundry & get packing! Will check back later!