Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Everyone,

Wow...crazy time of year for me. I am freakin' overwhelmed. Popping or is it pooping in to say hi. Oh, speaking of which...oh, nevermind. Been one of those weeks. I got my period 2 weeks early on the night I decided to wear my white capris for the first day of school at the junior college. My whole body has been out of whack. Are you all sitting down????

I actually "crapped my pants" this morning!:P:smellie:. Actually had an accident! Can not believe it. Then get my period UNPREPARED and to top it off I had a nose bleed out of nowhere today!:faint:.

I AM FALLING APART!!!

What the hell? Oh well, I get to chill tomorrow a bit...my last real day of summer. I've been back for a few days w/ trainings etc. but the middle school kids start next Tuesday. And I officially start work on Wednesday. If you listen closely you can hear the faint sounds of teachers crying.

Denise~My heart breaks for you. Because I don't have children, I don't want to extend my advice here. Your in my thoughts sister:girl_hug:. As far as your PB, you might want to reschedule...your gonna be swollen from the PB. One more week maybe!

TracyK~I know what you feel. Tracy said it very well...we know what your going through. My relationship w/ food started when I was 5 and I will have it me the rest of my life. It is how I am going to manage and handle it that matters. I will grieve that "comfort" for years to come. I want to say that I am not the best one to listen to here, but have a cheeseburger once in a while. I had one w/ a ceasar the other day. No bun of course, but cheese mustard and onion. I was great! I only ate 80% of it and part of the salad. My point is I did not feel deprived and I didn't feel like I cheated either. Maybe indulging just a bit, won't make you feel your missing something. :rolleyes::girl_hug:

I hope I don't start leaking some other bodily matter tonight. I would hate to imagine what would be next. Have a good night ladies. This is a great group...where else would I ever share what I did!

xoxoxo

Denise. I am so sorry - I don't know what I would honestly do but I can give you what I think. If she had the balls to call you, then maybe you can give her 1 last chance but give her a list of conditions? Seriously take the time to think about what you want her to do to prove herself and let her know it is not a 3 strike out deal. 1 strike and she is back out and will not be allowed back in without rehab and extensive work?

just a thought. Make her sign an agreement with your stips on it so she knows you are serious.

TracyKS - you are so awesome, you have such a great attitude

Judy, niceyou are back, again, disney for a week and you are still my hero!

Nice job as usual!

night all

Good morning violets-Thank you all so much for the input. I appreciate it more than you could imagine. I need to update my definition of "normal food". What used to be normal food for me can't be the "norm" anymore. Once I do that, it should be OK....just tough getting there. (as I am sure you all know)

Thanks for being there for me :rolleyes:

Denise-only you can decide what is right concerning your DD. I will keep you all in my prayers!

Pamela-what a graphic e-mail...LMAO!! I hope you are better today!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Good Tuesday morning, Violets!~~

Down 1 this a.m.... slowly, slowly...

Busy day (busy week!)... make it a great one, everyone! :rolleyes:

Denise: This is your decision.. but my first thought was that like my 4 year old she was testing you to see if you would follow through. Go with your gut not your mothers love........ I think the stress has tightened you up.... maybe a small fill now... heck I don't know..... maybe you should wait til the stress with dd subsides a bit.... KNOW THIS, no matter what you decide.. we will be right here rooting you on! :rolleyes:

Michelle: :rolleyes: congrats on the pound lost!

:gluck: Pam on NOT crapping your pants today! :P

:rockon: Jennifur: on you rocking your self imposed STRICT eating plan!

Welcome back Judy! We missed you lady.

Waiting for check ins from Ms_Jen, Haydee, Josie, HH, Gr8 and others

:whoo:Laura... when are you going to post some pics of you in your sexy bell bottoms!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I meant to tell you that I LOVE your tramp stamp tat! Very pretty.

Terry: I know you've at least lurked this morning....... where is your morning check in?

TracyK: How are you doing today?

Kat: I thought about your GLUGs recipee last night... :)

The scale was nice to me this morning and bounced back down to my siggy weight so I'm mentally happy. DF and I made fresh salsa last night.. more like a pico and talk about grieving..... I had to just smell it due to me being a GOOD bandster girl and sticking with my liquids.. DF said it was REALLY good and he ate two bowls with scoops chips... maybe a tad much lime juice and cilantro.. but pretty good for our first ever run at it.

Sadly, I know I'm not going to make my Labor Day Goal of buttoning those jeans........ this is why I HATE setting goals... when I fail at them I feel like crap.... I will try on Thursday with a gut sucker to get them buttoned but I'm not holding out much hope.

Have a great day everyone! :D

TracyKS - I know exactally what you are saying about setting goals. I joined the Labor Day challange and wanted to be down to 200 by Monday. LOL... no way that is happening... but I am closer than I was a month ago when I set the challange. I may still be mental about lots of things, but I do realize that no matter what ... I / we are all doing a great job and numbers don't always matter!!!! I know I am the most critical of myself, but I do know and starting to convince myself. I AM 66+LBS LESS THAN I WAS ON MY BDAY IN MARCH, so even if I don't see it others must. So YOU WILL BUTTON THOSE JEANS and it may not be this week but it may be next.... when you least expect it, try them on! you may be surprised.

You look so fantastic and are so cute.

Well, I am not even going to weigh myself today after all I munched on yesterday, but tomorrow is another day.

Back to work today ... yuck!

Michelle - congrats for being down. slow and steady wins the race!!!!

Pamela - I hope you have a better day today

Laura - I agree with Tracy, love the tramp stamp. they are addicting, I'm getting ready to do another one - or add to the one on my ankle, I want to bring it down and wrap it around my foot some how. Not sure yet, I put a lot of thought into mine since I'm stuck with them forever

Morning Everyone~

Just a quick update...today...so far so good. I did not start my period yesterday, but this is since my band, every month in the middle of my cycle I spot for one day. Yesterday it was very heavy, so I thought it was my period. I told the gyn and he said it could be from the band, since it has only happened the last 3 months. Not the band only, but my body reacting to it. Anyway, anyone else's cycle all screwed up?

I wrote in quick reply, and it is sooo small, it can barely read it. That is why I usually use font size 4.

Have a great day everyone...I will be lurking today!

I was banded 4/20/07 and have only lost 10 lbs. I just can't seem to get my restriction right. I have had 5 fills already and am at 2.3cc. They put me up to 2.5 and I threw up the whole weekend. Couldn't even get my spit down. They took .2 back out but now two weeks later I can tell I have lost my restriction again. I am getting very discouraged. If I go back up to 2.5 I slime and PB but at 2.3 I feel little restriction. Very strange. Anyone have a suggestion or the similar problem?
I have two suggestions...take either one (or none!): 1) Just get a .1 cc fill and see how you do. 2) If you feel too tight after that, make sure you give it a chance for the swelling to go down (assuming you can get liquids down)....really baby it by going on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for 2 days before trying regular foods. If you're still too tight, go back to 2.3 and review the bandster rules and make sure you're eating properly (which actually you should do now)...and get some exercise!!
I can't go back for another fill for 4 weeks. Does anyone have the problem of losing some of there fill everytime?
My doctor filled my band with Omnipaque to avoid that situation. Works like a charm. Ask your doctor if he does that.
......... but then I would cave and rebound and be right back up to 256.......... only the last time it was a max weight of 272,,,,,, a bad pattern that I EMPOWERED MYSELF TO STOP! JUST LIKE YOU HAVE DONE!

WE are ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL very strong people to have taken this milestone step in our lives............ even Pam (who is too mellow for my liking right now) Lunasa, Sara, Panda, Angie.......... all who started strong and full of hope but have went MIA....... NONE of us (TERRY& Jennifur ESPECIALLY) have given ourselves the credit we deserve for perservering on this unknown journey. Ladies and any gents out there lurking....... KNOW THIS.............. YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME! Even if it is half a pound or half an inch........ YOU ARE AWESOME and DOING IT... quit beating yourselves up over the small crap. WE WILL GET THERE.... look around because we've taken on this journey many of us are becoming stronger in other aspects of our lives....... smoking, drinking, enabling, cutting deadweight.......... and the like.. look at the positives because that is what WE have in store for us.......

Very wise words, Tracy!! Thanks for that little pep talk because every word is SO right!! We get so focused on what's going wrong that we don't look at what is going right. We've only been at this a few months for crying out loud.
Ok I'm in a dilemma here...well 2 of them. Let's start with #1.

1) I'm supposed to have a fill tomorrow, and I've been able to eat just about anything that I want, and in more of a quantity than I should be able to. So I've been SO excited about this fill coming up, and what happens tonight at dinner? I PB for the first REAL time. I've gotten stuck before, but this time I actually hurled in the toilet and stuff came up (along with some brothy slime - sorry TMI!)

So now I'm not sure if I need a fill or not....I'm thinking because I'm so stressed out today (and yesterday) that I'm just much tighter than I normally am....has anyone else had this dilemma the night before a fill? I don't want to get tooooo tight either.

2) Second dilemma. My daughter called wanting to come back home tomorrow. I asked her why not come back home tonight (because I wanted to know the answer), and she said because she's going to see "some guy" tonight. I'm not sure what to do. My head tells me "Denise stick with it. Tell her that unless she is willing to go back through rehab, that she's on her own". My heart says "let her come home Denise, you don't want her to think that you don't care about her. You don't want her to walk out of your life with the possibility that you may never see her again".

I should have went to an Al-anon meeting tonight. I printed out the schedule but then got off work and the meeting started 40 minutes ago...Any advice???

Thank everyone for your words of encouragement too...I've had such a rough 2 days, and I have a feeling I'm in for more! :think

Denise - I'd hold off on the fill til your stress level goes way down. The last thing you need is MORE stress from a band that's too tight. Wait a couple of weeks.

As for your DD, whatever your terms were when you kicked her out, that is what you HAVE TO stick with. I strongly suggest you take a couple of days to decide and that will also let her know you're not gonna jump just 'cause she snaps. In those couple of days go to AT LEAST ONE Al-Anon meeting...if not more. Don't rush into anything....there's no hurry. (((Huggs)))

I hope I don't start leaking some other bodily matter tonight. I would hate to imagine what would be next.

:rolleyes: I thought I was gonna propel Propel out my nose when I read this!!!
Down 1 this a.m.... slowly, slowly...
GOOD JOB Michelle!! Take it however you can get it, girlfriend! :clap2:

I give up. Scheduling an unfill for Thursday, hopefully. I can't live on liquids forever. Still holding to 188. :phanvan Day 8 of my Quit!

Good morning girls-

My headache has returned. Guess it is time to call the Dr. My DH is having a coniption fit! I have a tumor in my mastoid. It has been there for several years, it was found on a yearly bone scan following my cancer. I also have one in my fibula. They biopsied the leg, and it is not too bad, the name is like 2 1/2 miles long. Not something simple like a bone dysplasia, but not malignant at this point either. Anytime my head hurts he freaks out. I can tell you with full faith, I will come home with something for my sinuses. My eyes itch like crazy, and my nose is either too stuffy or too clear---so to me it is nothing more than allergy issues, causing sinus pressure---but to ease his mind, and get some new allergy eye drops I will go to the Dr!!!!

I was just opening a tube and cut my hand---sometimes I am such a dummy!!!

It rained so hard here yesterday, and so fast, our garage flooded! I had Kinsey in the back yard playing in the Water, and it started clouding up. I told her when it started raining we were coming in. Soon a big clap of thunder hit, and she got hysterical! So we dried her off, and dressed her, and grabbed a blanket, and a couple of old pillows, and we went out on the back patio, and snuggled into the lawn swing (which is on the porch....go figure!!!), and we watched the storm. I wanted her not to be afraid of something which she has no control over like thunder! Soon she was clapping for the lightening, and the rain come down---then the wind started, and even though we were against the house, so back about 12 feet maybe 14 from the open part of the porch, it was blowing the rain in! It was POURING!!!! So we come in the house, and I set her up in a cocoon in my desk chair by the window so she could see...and I went to close the door----my hands had been full of her and the blankets and pillows. When I opened the door from the house to the garage, I saw it, pouring in through the door. It was coming down too fast for the drain system to drain it off. So I grabbed a coffee can, and began bailing water. Trying to throw it far enough off of the porch, so it hit the grass, and did not just run right back in! I was totally engrossed in my task at hand, and suddenly someone was standing beside me speaking, scared me so bad, I almost had a Pamela moment! Instead my can went flying into the yard!!! It was DD's bf, he was here to pick up Kinsey, he was headed to the busstop so Lindzie was not walking in the downpour! Got the level down some, and got the shop vac, started sucking up water, finally got my DH called, and he had to find a truck to use---he'd road his bike to work!!! Eventually he borrowed the secretary's Escalade and come home to survey the damage! Anyone besides me catch that the secretary drives a nicer car than any of her bosses???? We didn't end up with much damage really---just a lot of work. Think my headache could be bending over scooping water for hours on end???

Well my Dad is on his way over, he needs to get some boards my DH said he could have. The Church had some damage done with the storm too. Didn't hit the farm, the garden, just got a good watering, so we have lots to do!!!

Talk to y'all later!!!

Kat

Thanks guys :) I designed my tattoos myself (I have 3..), but they're all hidden unless I'm taking before & after pics LOL!

The tramp stamp is a fairy crying in the middle of vines that form a crooked heart in the center (in case you can't tell what it is). Also have a fairy sitting on a crescent moon and blowing a star off her hand on my hip, and then a montage of my birth sign stuff (Feb/Aquarius stuff) on my ankle.

About my sexy pants.. I'll take pics sometime this week and show you guys.. THE CONCERT IS TONIGHT!!! We're leaving from work at noon to drive to Atlanta. I forgot our camera darn it. :P I am going to see if my dad has his at work for me to borrow. Might have some pics of me trashed and flashing my boobs to Incubus :rolleyes: Maybe not..

Good morning, or is it afternoon already? We are still in the process of moving. We are trying to get the house ready before we move anything in and it's going too slow for me. I wish we could do everything in one day but it's impossible. We work in the evenings after work and on the weekends. We're halfway through painting the interior of the house. We've got a guy coming out to install tile floors this weekend and wood floors next weekend. Hopefully after the wood guy is done we'll be able to move. The hard part is that I'm almost all packed at my current house. I only left some clothes, some towels, bath toiletries, some kitchen stuff. So that means that i'm not cooking and that means eating fast food almost every meal. It's driving my boyfriend crazy. He really doesn't like fast food. He preffers home cooked meals. But no time right now. Luckily we've been trying to make good choices. Salads, grilled chicken sandwiches. It's still bad for you but I try to do the best under the circumstanses. No weight gain but that's because i'm working my tail bone off. I really need a fill...

Terry - how you doing on the Chantix? Any more weird dreams?

Denise - I would hold off on the fill. Wait one week. You'll probably be tight anyways because of the stress. Sending you a hug!

Tracy - Thank you for your inspirational comments. I really needed that today. I felt like poop. Thank you for always being such a cheerleader!

Pam - pooped your pants? What the heck did you eat woman?

Tracy (Galveston) - I don't know if I told you but your hair looks awesome!! The darker shade makes it look thicker! Your face looks so thin!

Kat - How's your head feeling? You going to the doctor today or tomorrow? Let us know how it goes. You've been complaining about your head and your sinuses. Hope it's nothing serious. Sending you a big hug...

Ok ladies, I'm going back to work now.

Kat - get your head checked out girlfriend....it is important....but I'm sure it is allergy stuff, I've had a killer sinus headaches the past week and I have not had ones like that in a couple of years.

Laura. I designed my tramp stamp too. Have fun at the concert, they are going to be here in Sept or Oct. Puddle of Mud is coming here at this local hall/bar, tickets are only 20, that is in my budget right now. LOL