Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terri-I just got my WWJD bracelet!! How beautiful.....thank you so much!! I am wearing it right now and plan on keeping it on!! Thanks for such a pretty reminder of our journey we are all taking together!!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Terri- Thanks for the concern.. I do have MAJOR reflux lol. I've had chronic hearburn since I was at least 10 (youngest I remember it). I've been on Prilosec since it came out. I take it now, so I don't notice reflux unless I forget to take one (it happens). I have been trying to make myself eat after 7pm just because how they say if you eat late at night, it is more likely to be stored, etc. etc.. But with my OOMTOM, I have cravings overtaking me ;) ;) :):(

I started taking the anti-estrogen pills like I'm suppose to, to stop it all.. No sex for 3 months!! :P

Hi,

I’m a cosmetologist, and I’ve answered this question MANY MANY times over the years! LOL Your Hair loss is most likely due to having surgery. Anesthesia, is a COMMON cause of hair loss. This is temporary, and your hair WILL come back!

There are other factors that can contribute, such as stress, weight loss, and poor diet.

Our hair goes through several stages. One of these is called the Telagin Phase. Normally we shed 80 hairs a day….seems like a lot huh? When we are in the Telagin phase we shed about 120-150 hairs a day. The reason is…new hairs are pushing the old ones out. So, the good news is, your hair is replacing itself! Hair almost ALWAYS replaces itself, unless of course you are prone to have female pattern baldness, which is not likely, because this happens gradually, and your hair is shedding fast at the moment.

If you are really experiencing A LOT of loss, you should consider getting a shorter haircut, maybe layers. This will help it look thicker while replacing itself. If not, get a good ALL OVER trim, and start taking Biotin pills. This will help more than anything else you can do. I had gall bladder surgery a few years ago, and I thought I was going to be bald! I trimmed my hair, and started biotin. After a week or so, it had stopped!

Most important thing is….don’t stress over it! It will come back!

Donna

Thank you SO much for posting this...I just got a really nice haircut a few weeks ago, so I'll be due for a trim in about 3 weeks. It is shorter than I'm used to and I LOVE it!!! :clap2:

Me sleep. LOL what is that????? Actually, my mom stayed here last night and I told her to wake me up at 6:45 so I could have coffee with her... she tried and tried, began banging things, yelling at my cat and dog, dropped her door, I need put it back up for her tomorrow. NOTHING, finally at 9am I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom so bad. I think I need sleep.

Just getting in from work - have to check in, I'm addicted - going to relax and probably pass out. busy day tomorrow, no work but have so much to do to catch up.

Hey Terri~

What is the papaya stuff you speak of??? Is it a pill or liquid? When during a "oooo no I AM STUCK" moment do you take it? Can it go down during a "oooo no" moment? People also talk about meat tenderizer. What have you all heard about the 2???

Michelle~

I read somewhere that when you're swollen...eat some ice cream. Ice is an anti-inflamatory. Just a happy thought for you!

Papaya enzyme---mine is in chewable tablet form, I bought it at GNC. I have never used it. So far sipping pineapple juice when something is being difficult has been enough.

My SIL has had to use the meat tenderizer---for some steak that was stuck, and she said in about 30 minutes she felt it move through. Our fill Dr. suggested it as something to keep around. Sounds so yucky, I hope I never need it!!!

As for foods that stick---donuts---yeasty raised donuts, glazed ones in particular. WORST pain ever since I got this band. I took 2 bites, they swelled until it felt like I had eaten a dozen. I PB'd on that!!!! No more donuts!!!

French fries, from like McDonalds---they don't go down well at all. They just don't feel like I can swallow them, no matter how much I chew them.

Mushrooms, are something I have to be cautious with, they seem to be hard to chew well.

Bananas, do fine one day and then the next the feel too dry as I attempt to swallow. Teeny tiny bites is my key.

Pasta, it has to be well chewed, and lots of sauce. Even then it is super small amounts. If I have some grilled veggies, or some chicken (sorry Michelle) with it, it is easier to eat.

That's all I can think of right now.....I can still eat most of these things, I do not try donuts! But I have to be very careful!!!

Well I am going to go to bed---Denise told me to!!! Thanks Denise!!!

Kat

Good Morning Violets! Couldn't sleep. Ok, so I went to see my mom for dinner last night and she wanted Mexican food. So we sit down and they bring tortilla chips. Nope, not gonna have one of those! I ordered tortilla Soup, Mom ordered tamales....she says they're wonderful. Well I can never find a good restaurant tamale so I'm curious now...and I figure they're mushy, right? So I take a small bite and chew it very well. Goes down fine. BUT WAIT!!! Suddenly I'm feeling a bit nauseous and slime is beginning to form rapidly in my throat. CRAP!!! SHIT!!! DAMN!!! (Mom doesn't know I'm banded. She'd only worry.) Sit there and panic...but only for a minute...because now I'm desperate to make a run for the bathroom. But DAMN! my quads hurt from doing all those *%&$^& lunges!! so I can barely get up and walk. I excuse myself saying with a mouthful of slime, "I'm jush ghunna hash cha gho to zsa vashroom...." Just as I close the bathroom stall door I violently vomited twice!! This is what I call a PB DeLuxe!!! Another food off the list. Thank goodness I still had brothy soup waiting for me. There were huge chunks of that evil, evil chicken in there and lots of crunchy veggies...but I ate around those you can be sure of that. Packed up the good stuff to bring back home to DH. Thankfully my mom is 'not all there' and does not notice a lot of things.

Things I can't eat/get stuck on??

TAMALES

dry chicken

deli meat

anything fried

Pizza Crust

fruit peels

nuts, unless I chew the heck out of 'em

watermelon :)

beef, unless it's filet mignon or Jerky (!)

soft part of bread (sometimes)

flour tortillas

eggs (don't try them often, got stuck bad 2-3 times)

.... that's all for now; I'm quite sure I'll be adding to the list!!

Ya'll have a good day.

Day 4!! yea!!!

....OH, and WHEAT THINS!

Morning all

I could not sleep last night and finally just got out of bed. I'm so glad i'm off today.

As for food that gets stuck

Deli Turkey

dry chicken (won't let anyone cook it for me)

dry burgers - don't do them often

I have not tried any bread, no donuts, nothing like that

I have had a few thicker fries and have not had an issue with them, but chewed and chewed and they were steak fries and I ate the softer ones.

Terry - I forgot your mom doesn't know... that must have been absolutely horrible. I have begun to tell more people, but I do let them all know it is not public knowledge. I have so many friends who I'm finding have mutual friends so there are still certain people I don't want to know.

Going to drink coffee

I do not try breads or donuts of any kind...too scared to.

Terri-watermelon?? really? That sucks!! I have not tried it yet.

Everyone have a super-duper WWJD day!!

I had a bite of watermellon at that picnic I went to a few weeks ago. It didn't get stuck but I felt like if i could not swollow it, I had to spit it in the trash.

I am finding that now I can tell when I chew if it is going to work or not. I always keep extra napkins with me

I've had a morning already!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spied on by a nun........ she was hiding in her office with her door shut and light off listening to to what was going on in my office...... two of my coworkers stopped by because my office was the only light "on" in the entire hallway.. one of them just found out she is going to be a grandma so, yes it was of a chatty nature...... she left me a not so nice direct message on my voicemail. Slamming the coworkers. I saved it. I also called her back to discuss the message and she couldn't believe that I had the balls enough to stand up for myself. Then I find out that she waited for our little coffee clutch to break up for 15 minutes......... in her dark office, with her door shut standing next to the wall listening.......... she is a 67 year old NUN...... HAPPY FREAKING THURSDAY!

Sorry, Tracy....but I am rolling on the floor laughing mao!!!!!!!! :(:)