Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called my dad last night and said.. YOU NEED TO COME GET YOUR GRANDSON! (and he did this morning!) DF took the others home to their mom this morning too.... so we are free!!!!!!!! I got out my bike (motorcycle) and it is waiting in the driveway for DF to get home and dust his off. We are going for a ride and hoping to dodge the pop up storms............ We are going to an ABATE rally over Labor Day and today a bunch of my old friends are there for a meeting so the plan is to ride out to the rally site and scout out a camping spot and see my friends... (I'm taking my camera because my friend Carol is the one who had a RNY 2.5 years ago and just had a tt and breast lift at the begining of the summer.....I plan to bounce a quarter off her new boobs! :)

My other friend who had the RNY now almost 5 years out......... (the one that gained back) I'm really really really worried about her........ she just got out of the hospital with triple pnuemonia and she started smoking again after quitting for 2 years...... (she is not adhering to her surgeons rules) ANYWAY........... its saturday and we are going to have an adult weekend......... and ( I restarted my BC ) PRAISE THE LORD ;)

Have a great Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Denise-I third what Judy & Terri said. You need to find the "skinny thinker" in you. Once you do...everything will fall into place. ;)

Denise - they are right...... but hey when you figure it out would you please fill me in... I know I need to get there too. I get compliments up the but and I just can't see it.

I have actually had on my Levi's 2 times this week. I remember how hard it was for me to get to the point in my life that I could fit into regular size and they looked good. Well 4 months ago, i could not get them over my hips, now they fit more comfortably than when I bought them, but I just can't stop seeing myself as a "skinny thinker"

I am going to take a shower and get changed for work, just got back from a shopping trip with my aunt and mom took the kids shopping. So nice and quiet, and clean in the house. what a nice feeling.

Have a great day everyone.

OH JUDY - it is that cold here today too. It is suppose to warm back up to mid 80's this week after this crazy front goes through, but it feels like late sept here. How sad.

hi

checking in...just got back from Water class and HEB. i must say...it is like a fire drill in the supermarket on saturdays. i especially like the people that stop in the middle of the aisle and make you wait while they examine the fat content in twinkies. ha!

terri: i cant eat BBQ. in fact i really cant eat meat yet. but my restriction seems to be good. i can eat again. i'm nervouse tho' it is easier to just do shakes and not think about food. but i need to develop the food eating skills.

anyway...have a great day everyone

Back again!

I did 3 miles on the stationary bike & 2.2 miles on the eliptical (20 mins)... not earth-shattering but major for me! The other day I did 2 miles in 20 mins, so I'm getting a wee bit faster -- yay!

Off to take a shower!

Evening All,

Well yesterday I had the day off and went up to Southampton (2hr drive) with a friend, which was lovely, and today I went shopping with my mum to look for a dress for a wedding Im off too on the 1st of Sep, I got into a size 20 dress :whoo:its better than a size 24 anyhow!! Its a bit on the tight side, but I got it on, lol!! So I bought it, and I got another one they were in the sale in Monsoon, I was sooooooo pleased!! Then I bought a little bag to go with it and some costume jewlery, so Im made up ;)

Tracy good to see you back, I did laugh when you put that 'mom' wants another day to herself when you wanted to drop them off, and you said who can blame her (re the kids) I had visions of you with a totally knackard look on your face, LOL !! It sounds like your gonna have a great time now though camping with all your friends.

Well have a great weekend all,

Sara xxxxxx

Introducing the BEAUTIFUL Sara. WOW.. what a difference in your face, lovely lady!!!

First pic is before surgery and second is in her garden last week -30#.

post-215048-13813135392558_thumb.jpg

post-215048-1381313539285_thumb.jpg

Hi Sara!! Nice to finally see you up close!! What a huge difference in the pics!! You look so different. What a pretty lady!

Good news....I went shopping this afternoon and I am now officially in single digit pantie sizes!! Alos....Size 16 jeans, yes they are elastic but so all all my other ones. 16....how sweet! I can't remember the last time I wore that size!!! I had to share my good news.

Have a great night!

Sara - you are so precious!!! A beautiful lady, inside AND out! Dave is a lucky man! It sure looks like you live in a wonderful place!! Lucky you!

Tracy - again with the panty updates?? :lol: Well, congratulations on the jeans AND the panties ;). Your shrubs are gonna be in good shape this winter!

I only have TWO bracelets left to make ya'll!! They'll be shipping out on Monday! :)

hi sara,

do you mean southhampton LI? are you in NY?

i just moved from NY. i'm heading up to fire island in september.

Judy thank you so much for putting my pictures up, I'm afraid I'm hopeless with trying to download pictures on here (I have tried many times to no avail).

Thank you for your lovely comments, isnt it so nice when you do start to see a difference in your body, and being able to buy smaller sized clothes its just simply wonderful ;)

We are all so lucky to have had this surgery, I know its not easy, we still have to diet, exercise and try and keep temptation at bay re goodies, but its so worth it! Its getting through the 'non weight loss' times thats really hard, and I keep getting on the scales like the best of them, lol, and feeling disapointed when I havent lost. Scales are definately addictive!

josiebies I live in the UK, otherwise Id love meet up with you :lol:

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Sara xxxxxxx

Tracy - again with the panty updates?? :lol: Well, congratulations on the jeans AND the panties ;). Your shrubs are gonna be in good shape this winter!

LOL-look now...smaller panties are a NSV too. I knew you would sleep better at night knowing that I am not fighting saggy underwear :) I do not have that many shrubs though, so I guess I

will just trash the remainder.

Last night I put on my old BIG pair of jeans I used to wear and OMG!! I did not realize how much I have lost until I saw how big they were on me....it was unreal!

Looks like we may be lucky this time as far as the hurricane. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Have a super great day violets!

Happy Sunday! I am rested after a kidless day and saw an old friend ... I took the pics but haven't downloaded yet. She showed me her scars from the tt and breast reduction and lift........ SHE LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!! She had the RNY a little over two years ago and lost a total of 125 lbs........ she is tall, around 5'10" and I think weighed in around 330.. she is right around 197 right now.... she is wearing size 12 but was in a 10... as she is fighting a bit of a regain....... but her belly is so flat and her boobs are so perky........ the best part is that she doesn't have that "look" of a lot of bypass patients.... she looks very healthy......... the bad thing is she and her husband of 17 years are having problems and I'm worried about them............. it was funny because we were eating lunch and she said......... HEY You are NOT supposed to be drinking with your meal! (I had gotten a glass of ice tea) DF started laughing... her tt and bl cost 9500.00 done at the same time........ gives me something to think about....... ;)

I am off to fetch my son from grandpa's and then we are going to buy his school supplies.

OH............... and I saw a new low this morning!

230.8lbs!!!!!!!!!! 220's here I come!

Good Morning, Violets...;)

Weigh in day today and I'm down 1#. I'll take it, seeing as how I didn't get my exercise in like before. I've just been too busy with painting and babysitting. But the railings are all green now instead of red and Ethan went home last night at midnight after his mom and dad went to a wedding and reception. Today I clean up the back yard and get choir music ready since our choir starts back up on the 29th after the summer off. Like Pamela, I go back to "work".. but it's a fun job directing the choir. They are a crazy group and we have a great time at rehearsals. I always have a choir party just before the season begins and that party will be on the 26th, one day after we get home from Disney World. Yikes.. what was I thinking??? Soooooooo today and tomorrow morning have to get the yard in tip top shape. We finished all the deck work and now just have to plant a few mums, mow and trim and we'll be good to go.

All of you Texans.... hope the storm doesn't affect you!!!! Sure sounds like a big'un. Certainly am glad I'm not on a cruise ship near the Caribbean right now. SCAREY!!!

Everyone take care and have a good day. Psssssssssssssssssssssssst.. don't tell anyone,:lol: but I skipped out on church today.. :pray:Just too much stuff to get done. shhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Wow, what a great weekend for everyone!!!!

Sara - you are absutley stunning

TracyK - congrats on the panties. LOL

Michelle - 20mins is not bad. I couldn't or wouldn't do 2 miles on a bike.

Terry - I can't wait to see them!

SO as for me>...TOM is here this am, man, I could have killed someone at work last night, but on a happy note, I was only 218 this am, which considering I usually gain 5lbs easy, I am very impressed. I think I have things under control a bit. Last night I was crazy, I was looking for something to wear because I went out after work...and I found a formal dress I wore 7 years ago to a formal holiday party. OMG, It was actually big on me!!!!!!!! and the little black dress I worked so hard to wear for DBF's military promotion dinner 5 years ago when I thought I looked way great... gettin big. It was a size 18 but I had it altered when I bought it, a 16 was tight in my belly so I got the 18 and had it fixed to fit me. What a great feeling - all this with PMS bloat. LOL

As for my night out. the other guy who has been wanting to go out with me forever went out to a bachelor party last night an then went out, so i went out with him at midnight. He lives about 30 minutes away from me. there is a river that seperates us and it is funny, people rarely cross the river to party. Anyway I actually had a good time. I had my first real drink or 2. I was wasted!!!!! They were the small rocks glasses and I had Orange Vodka and cranberry. The only way they could have been better would be if they had CranRasp jucie LOL. I can say this.... as he is a very nice person, and has kissed me before... he is not a good kisser after a drink or 2.....or maybe it was just me. Anyway, had a great time either way.

Crazy neighbor/old very good friend who thinks I did her wrong by caring for myself.... remember her... well yesterday when i was leaving for work, she pulled in, and her sister came up behind her and stopped in the middle of the road to tell me how great I looked, we talked for a quick minute because I was late but she was very impressed. She asked me if I saw it yet. Funny because I don't see it at all sometimes, ok most of the time...and the sister, just stood in her driveway looking at me like i was shit..... not my loss at this point, but I do miss her

Step mom's friend has been telling me how great I look, and when I was grocery shopping with mom, we ran into this lady, I introduced her to my mom and she told my mom she was my biggest fan.

At least I'm learning to say thank you.... and hope I can see it some day soon.

I know blah blah blah... I am a basket case... don't know if there is any hope for me, but i had to share

TracyKS- 9500... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that is a tax return check for me..... LOL I would do tt and arms. I did notice the other day my arms are beginning to show muscle and as they are, I am beginning to see more sagging below.