Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry... who is that thinner, younger looking lady in your avatar??? :blush:

TracyK.. I am confident we will all get to our goal weights. And the beautiful thing is that we have a tool to help us not ever gain that weight back again!!!

Hi all,

Just call me Mrs. Grumpity Grump Grump today. I'm *still* UP 4 lbs for the month... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I know I've been a bit slack, but not THAT much for THIS long! So altho I pout & gripe, I also PLAN for improvement, and this is what I think I need to do:

*Shakes am & pm, "sensible" mid-day meal (today was romaine w/rotis. chick pieces, lo-fat feta, 4 olives & a t of sunflower seeds w/dressing) & Water (I've definitely slacked off on the water).

*Exercise. (duh) I did really well w/the walking in June, but it fizzled in July-now. So far this week I've done the eliptical & my aqua p class. Will either walk or do the eliptical again 2 more times this week. Also for the Fall, I'm signing up for the aqua p class again, PLUS 2 1-hr aqua aerobics classes each week!

*Another fill on 8/31.

I had wanted to be at -50 by the end of Aug... HA!... at this rate I'll be happy (well, not really) to be back at -40. Did I mention: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Everyoone else is doing great & looking fab-u! You go girls!

Morning All :)

Feel a lot better today, I was up 3 times in the night though with a terrible stomach upset, conseqently Ive lost another 1lb, lol (maybe the pain was worth it?)

Well, I did something proactive last night, I brought my laptop into the bed with me, and started searching for some little hobbies I could do, making things that is in my down time, I want to make some small little gifts for christmas, I used to love making things. Anyway, I found two local courses, 1 bead making on Saturdays, for 2hr sessions, and the other in the local village where they do enamelling and silver clay (silver making).....so armed with a few ideas, Ive already registered with the bead course with Lucy my eldest....Im quite excited now :D

Terry, you look so pretty in your new pic, wow, your gonna turn some heads now :D and I just may do a bit of shopping the next time I go up to London....:blush: lol

Take care all,

Love Sara xx

Judy, love your new pic too!!

I need to do a new one but I do not have one I like, so I will just take some new ones.

OK, so Hurricane Dean already has me a nervous wreck!! We live in an uninsured rented trailer. Renters insurance for a trailer is very hard to get. I guess because so many of my friends were affected horribly by Rita it brought my fear to a new height. All of my best friends lost everything they had. Oh well, like my mom always says, if you don't have any control over it, don't worry about it. Easier said than done. The sad part is that even if it doesn't come in here, it will surely hurt & devestate people somewhere. How aweful.

Everyone have a great day!

Morning all

I have some catching up to do with the gym. I'm going to hit there this am - or try anyway. Well I have to deal with health insurance today, they never got my payment and I've been cancelled. Pray for me, I can't be without because then everything will pre exhisting and that will be bad. I don't really have the money at $10/hr to pay cobra but I just need to hold on.

I was just telling my mom how absolutely frustrating all this is to me. I don't have enough money to survive and am spinning my mind. I try so hard to stay positive and know the right thing is out there for me, but it is not always easy.

Anyway, I'm going to do a few cover letters today and have them printed - email and snail mail them to a few places.

I am off today, up and going way too early, I COULDN'T sleep AT ALL LAST NIGHT. What is up with that. I had horrible dreams and woke up feeling sick to my stomach.

IT IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!IT REALLY IS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to Breakfast with one of my good friends, maybe that will be just what I need

Hi Josie!! :wave:

I am not having a good day. My trainer told me last night he is moving to another gym on the other side of town. There's no way that any of the other trainers can compare to Rory. I am soooooo sad :).

Pfffffffffft. Yucky day here in H-town.

Good Morning Violets~

I have the best news. Yesterday, 2 teachers I work w/ (they are a couple and we always do things w/ them...they are going to the Dodger game w/ us), came over yesterday. I have not seen these girls since June 12. They came in and couldn't believe how much "SMALLER" I was. Yes, smaller...the most wonderful adjective in the world. They kept saying it.!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20: Oh yeah, that deserves banana boobs!!!! What was weird is that I was feeling "fat"...or just bloated. I carry all my weight in my tummy (all the women in my family does). So while the entire "package" may have gotten smaller, my tummy is still there. Their comments were that "your whole body is smaller! Can't you feel that you are smaller?" Smaller...has there ever been a more beautiful word in the world?

Ok, gotta run. Leaving at 7 am before the cleaning lady gets here, and going to the beach! I will be back Sunday. Have a great weekend. I now feel like a real shrinking violet~!

xoxox

hi terri...you really are a good friend (getting me going again)

see if he recommends someone. usually trainers that are good only recommend other great ones.

i have a gym story. we had a great spin teacher (you know the class you love). i took her classes several times a week and it was the only class i took.

well she always had trouble with management. one day she was gone. i threw a fit at the club. so i decided to try other classes (kickboxing, total conditioning, etc)

well her leaving opened a whole new experience at the gym and i never would have predicted this.

so there is another trainer with your best interest in mind.

bringing my car in for a check up....

Josie -- 194!! That's a brand spanking new number isn't it??? Well, that just made my day!! :)

Thank you for the encouragement. I was so stunned I didn't think to ask him who he recommends but I will see him again twice before he leaves so will ask him to introduce me. I was just so bummed.

What gym do you go to again?

Good morning everyone. Well the closing went well yesterday, very fast. The easy part is now over. We now have to begin the updating and the painting and the moving. Luckily we live less than 10 miles from our new house so it'll be alot of stuffing the car and running it down there. We'll borrow one of my dad's big delivery trucks one day and move all the big stuff. Hopefully I'll be settled in by the end of August. Keep your fingers crossed!

Terri, Judy - WOW! Your avatar pics look spectacular! You both look so young and refreshed. Terri, I remember when you had a cow. Too cute.

TracyK - I dont remember if you said you were close to the coast? I'm sure it costs and arm and a leg to insure you there. Keep an eye on that storm...

Sara - I like your ticker! Towards the end of the summer I'll change mine to something more autumn like...

Josie - Are you currently working with a trainer or do you just go to classes? I'd be so embarrassed with a trainer. He'd tell me to do so much on the machine and I wouldn't be able to!! I have to do my stuff slow and steady... For now at least.

It's storming again here in Houston. Yuck yuck yuck. The rain beating on my window puts me to sleep. I'm yawning right now. That's not a good thing at 9:10 in the morning. I gotta get to work... bye ya'll.

Hey Vs...

I pop in & read then go away... not very nice of me, I know... but I'm still in a funk & don't want to "infect" any of you nice folks w/my grumpy disease!

I'm in a bad place mentally... remember last month when I lost, what, 10 lbs in 2 weeks & I was flying high? Well now I'm in the drop, which I knew would come... sigh. Am in that spot where the evil voice in my head is saying that this, too, won't work for me, and I'm destined to be a "fatty mcfat fat" for all my days.

Told you I'm a downer! Sorry!

Can anyone tell me how to add a pic on here, well make them smaller, Ive tried using the attachment bar at the bottom of the reply to thread, but to no avail.

Thanks in anticipation :)

Sara xx

Michelle

I think we are in the same place. I am so stuck weight wise. overall I'm feeling better but Inches and numbers have really slowed down... then add the rest of my issues.

I know both of us will be ok... we are strong people. I need a break but can't afford a day off.

so ... because of this.... I just got back from breakfast and stuffed all of it in me.... 2 eggs, a pc of sausage and some potatoes. Just what I need... fat ass