Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Well, at least you CAN work outside today Judy!! It is so incredibly hot and humid here today. I just got back from the gym (10:00am) and my car thermometer said that it's 94 outside already!!! Add Houston humidity to that and no breeze and you're looking at a heat index of about 102....AT 10:00 A.M. Today I have nothing else to do except laundry and beading! YEA!! I ran around in that heat yesterday and swore I wouldn't do it again today! DH is playing golf in this stuff. Crazy human.

For cottage cheese eaters.... I am sitting here enjoying a delicious treat! Cottage cheese, strawberries, splenda and 4Tbsp of Bare Naked banana nut granola. YUM! I'm hoping the Fiber from the granola will help it to stay in my pouch longer. But seriously...this is GOOD.

Jenn - Now THAT sounds like a good job!! Gotta love those benefits! Medical insurance too?? Bless your heart...you've been on a bazillion interviews. So exhausting, isn't it??

Ok, so if I don't get a fill til after vacation, that's another 5 weeks! :wacko: I dunno. Maybe I'll go in and just have them see how much is in there....did I lose some? and if so just have them fill me back up to where I was. I was at a great level for awhile there.

Tracy (aka HAWT Momma) - sorry, i got confused and thought it was ur birthday. I'm so out of it sometimes. Happy Birthday to your daughter...I'm sure you'll have a blast! You have MUCH to be proud of!

Hi ladies! I'm glad to hear everyone is well, except for a few bruises on Judy and Jen! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better from your spill Judy. By the way, you are one HOT granny! Love that bathing suit you are wearing. You can rest assured that your committment to working out has paid off. You are tightening up really nice.

Laura - YAY on the jeans! I'm still waiting to get into my sexy pair, can't quite get them over my ass yet!

Terri - I would wait and get my fill until after vacation. You don't want anything to happen while you're away from your doctor. Just like Kat said, slow and steady. Go get checked and make sure you're still at the level they filled you to last time. But I definetly wouln't get anymore until after Vegas.

Just like Terri stated the weather here is bordering on hellish. Hot hot hot and very humid. I haven't done much this morning except pack up my china. I've still got tons to do and my closing is next Wednesday. I'm off to do a Pampered Chef party! Perfect Saturday afternoon for one. Inside in the A/C, drinking lemonade and chattering with girlfriends...

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!

I just finished priming the railings on one side of the deck. It's 80 out and beautiful. My painting today was in the shade next to the hum of the a/c so it wasn't bad at all. AND it was the first time in my life that I have ever worn a tank top!! Another NSV!! woooo hooooo!

I'm eating my Walmart tuna salad and will have some watermelon and black sweet cherries for dessert. Then it's off to the pool in the backyard for some aerobics. Ethan comes today at 2 and we have him until 11:30 tonight.. so you know I'll be busy!! We're going out to dinner and then to a Beatle's type concert at the band shell. It'll be a fun day today for sure.

Haydee... enjoy your party!!! I love Pampered Chef stuff. I'm having a Lia Sophia party in Sept. They have such pretty jewelry!!

Hey guys, thanks, you are so awesome, the time is coming. I have an appt on Tues but I know no fill for me. I am still only eating 3 small meals a day and not hungry and have lost 15lbs since my last appt 1 month ago. He is going to laugh at me. He usually does, I love to entertain people and more so now that I feel so great about myself.

Anyway, I'm wearing a tank and my pooh boxers to work, it will be so nice to wear real clothes again

You all enjoy the sun, i've been cleaning inside and cabinets all morning, no gym, but feel good about what I've done. I will go tomorrow and tuesday, there is no way i'm going to get there Monday with the job thing and having the picnic at noon. so much to do so little time LOL

I wanted to hit the next level at the Y by the end of July. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL... I DID IT, EARNED 6000 POINTS IN 1 MONTH!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled, actually made the wall for most weight lifted for females - all ages so my goal for sept is to hit the list for that and cardio. it will be so much easier once I'm not working nights.

Have a great day

Wow Jennifur, thats brilliant! Youve lost loads of weight and are seriously fit!! & a new job to boot, you go girl!!

Judy the dinner and the beatles concert sounds great!

Well didnt do a lot today, had my hair cut a bit shorter, did a workout, well 1 & 1/4 miles, some stretches & a few arm weights! Its been a lovely sunny day here too, although not like Terry and chin chila decribed, the heat you described sounded like Purta Vallatra weather in Mexico, very hot, humid, and you sweat sweat sweat!! I guess all you want to do is lie in a swimming pool :)....well, I know I would :P.

Sara xxxxxx

ok guys---I am off to a bbq cook off---wish me luck!!! Too many of them overcook the meat. It is going to be some serious control helping me avoid the wrong thing!!!

Will let ya know how it goes!!!

Catch y'all later tonight!!!

Kat

Hey everyone! I'm back from the beach! Yay! What a scorcher it was -- phew! It was so hot I actually went into the Water & bobbed around w/the kids... I rarely do that, as I hate the murky green water that all the fish pee & poop in... bleh... plus I hate, hate, hate it if I get knocked down by a wave, so it can take me ages just to get in & out! I did fine every day except yesterday... on the way out I got slammed! and tumbled tits over ass the whole way in to shore (a lovely visual for those poor folks sitting right at the edge, I'm sure!)... then I was trying to get up & I got slammed 3 more times -- frontwards/backwards, you name it! I FINALLY got my fat butt up off the sand... I seriously thought a life guard was going to have to come down off her perch & help me up! And my pain was not just emotional/humiliation... I wrenched some muscles in my abdomen & my port area has been feeling funny ever since... I can feel if & it's uncomfortable... man I hope I didn't do any real damage.

I didn't eat tons as I got stuck several times, but I'm up 5 lbs today, but I think it's mostly water retention & heat, as I'm swelled up like a balloon... lovely.

I've got thru & caught up on posts, but can't begin to type personals on it all now... will jump back into the fray tomorrow... g'nite!

Hey, Michelle! Welcome back! We missed you!

I hate the beach too, for all those same reasons. Except here in S. Texas we don't have those kind of waves but the Water is not wonderful. Give me a sparkling river any day. Rest well tonight and we'll see ya back here tomorrow.

Kat - hope you did alright. I'd be a bit panicky too. I haven't ventured into the world of BBQ since I've been banded...maybe a little sausage here and there. I miss brisket!

Hey all

I'm going for ice cream lunch on Tues after my Dr. appt and I'll get my camera - actually maybe i'll pick it up tomorrow for the picnic. I usually wear my bathing suit in the back yard that only I can see. boy cut bottoms and bikini top but when people are around I have a halter tank top to wear, I will not post side view but maybe i'll post some. we will see.

Kat - i hope you survived the day

Michelle, nice to have you back. I don't like going in ocean deep because of things out there... but I love the beach, love walking in the waves, love the sounds.

I did survive the day---did ok, ate mostly meat. Now I know it had BBQ Sauce which is high calorie, but for the options I had it was the best I could do!!! Ate some Beans, drank tea, mostly enjoyed the company. Our friends we ride with, and hang out with at things such as this are back from vacation. We had DD and her crew with us, left them doing the Mom & Dad thing at the carnival...aka spending the big bucks!!!

And Terry I had some brisket, it was great, but the pulled pork was wonderful!!! IT was the one I voted for.

When our friends got here she swore I had lost more weight (I have NOT!) but she thought so, so she did an update on my pictures for me tonight, but I am so computer illiterate, I don't have a clue how to post them!!!

If someone cares to help me, I'd appreciate it. I have a side by side a friend on my NJ board did for me of my before and my 50 lb loss, so now I have the 100 to put next to it. A front and a side view---man my side view especially is still pretty pathetic!!! And Becky insisted on a face shot, she says that is so dramatic...well someone was being dramatic anyway!!!!

It is so unnerving, thinking of posting pictures for the world to see---you guys are fine...I feel safe here at LBT!!!

Oh yeah, if I get one of you to help me, I also want to update my avatar pic. Please!

I am going to learn to do these things some day!!!

I come home and did my time on the elliptical---I about took a dive off of it, my knee went out! It has done that occasionally since I was a kid---had never done it on the trainer tho!!! Thank goodness I was working my arms and holding on!

Jenn I have not been brave enough to wear anything that skimpy even in the yard. But I have a neighbor who is ALWAYS outside working and piddling around. Nice guy, one of the best functioning alcoholics I have ever known, but I do not want to be in a swimming suit and him be around!!!

OMG Michelle---I too got knocked over by a wave when in Hawaii, I got so disoriented, I damn near freaked out!!! Finally my laughing DD grabbed my arm! Poor you!!

Well if someone will come to my rescue over the pics I'd really appreciate it!!!

Off to check my email I guess, then to bed...too much caffeinated tea tonight, I am wide awake!!!

Kat

Kat - I would love to help, but that is something I think Terry or TracyKS would be good at. I am not good at the photo thing either> LOL

I have one of those neighbors too... Sometimes I wonder how he does it. Anyway, we dated when I was at my worst so it is a little tease. no only kidding, he is married now - but I wear a tshirt until I get into the pool steps so no one sees me. I never had a muffin top and it is almost gone again and my bottoms cover the worst part, so i figure what is the difference if my upper belly is covered when I am alone? silly isn't it. . .

I can't wait to the day where I don't HAVE to wear old lady bottoms ( I probably always will) or I can walk around out front with a top on. I use to be there.

anyway, drinking my coffee ds let me sleep in, he watched toons in my room this am and let me sleep. dd is still passed out.

Kat - I'd be honored to to your pics for you. I'll PM you my email address.