Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning again!! The car is in and Ethan is here with a laundry basket over his head. That will keep him occupied for awhile!!

TracyK.. I don't know about your restriction issues. I didn't think I had any restriction, but I now find that if I don't take a half hour to eat, that the food stays in my throat. I'm still trying to swallow the egg I had this morning. But I can eat my cup of food at each meal with no problems. And have never felt like throwing up... knock on wood!!!

:help::help::help:

Anyone?

good morning violets...instead of typing it again I just quoted myself....how is that for lazy? lol

Everyone have a great day!! And remember what Judy always says.....

TracyK.. I don't know about your restriction issues. I didn't think I had any restriction, but I now find that if I don't take a half hour to eat, that the food stays in my throat. I'm still trying to swallow the egg I had this morning. But I can eat my cup of food at each meal with no problems. And have never felt like throwing up... knock on wood!!!

Tracy, my first thought is that perhaps the pork chop was too dry. I have a very difficult time with beef (except filet :rolleyes) and white chicken...never tried pork but I would imagine the texture is somewhere in between those two. I find that I am eating fish at every opportunity as that is pretty reliable and keeps me full a LONG time. I don't like fish much, but tuna is a Godsend. If you are going to try pork again, I would go with teeny tiny bites....and I'm not kidding....like the size of a peanut. And...like Judy said....you've got to pace yourself. Especially when I'm eating a risky food, I take a bite and WAIT like a full minute to see if it's going to go down. I do that with about the first 3-4 bites before I can guage whether or not my level of restriction can really handle this particular food. Then I proceed with caution.

This is a very strange behavior when I'm eating out with friends. Everyone's food comes and I take one tiny bite then wait....while they are shoveling it in like there's no tomorrow. (Nobody but family knows I'm banded.) They're like "Huh?? Don't you like your food??" Very awkward. When eating out I stay with very safe foods. Last night however, I kinda PB'd on quiche!!! I made the mistake of including a fairly big bite, as bandsters measure, of crust! I had to excuse myself to the restroom after 3 bites. As I tell my DH....Every day is different!!

TracyKS - Glad you've got some restriction now...I think you'll be very pleased with the results. Just don't be surprised if you loosen up again in a couple of weeks. It'll be time to schedule another one!!

My fills are free for the first year. Is this pretty much how everyone is or do some of you have to pay (either self pay or insurance)? Just curious. I think after the first year the fills are like $150. Worth every penny.

Denise -- That is the cutest damn salad I ever saw!!! Sounds like a great recipe, too!

OK.... I'm shoveling a handful of almonds in my mouth as I'm reading Terry's post about waiting to see if things go down........ damnnnnnnnn

they are now feeling a bit stuck... chew chew chew.. but its too too too late! CRAP yup restriction is here

I was not chewing the last couple of weeks, most things went down so easy, but then would get the golfball feeling because I ate too fast. My fill definately worked! I am afraid to try food, but since i made a batch of Soup, i'll finish that and my Protein Shakes then try to add stuff. I cannot chug Water again so that is good.

I just got back from the gym. dbf was there with me, FINALLY... he told me how great I was looking, it is about freaking time! Our daughter was there with us today and they played basketball together without me and have made a plan to play raquetball - just the 2 of them, which is really nice, they have not bonded in a few years. At least something made me happy today.

Well, I'm off to shower and clean my room, it is a mess up there since I get changed 4-5 times before I'm happy with what i have on or find something that fits... can you imagine where it all goes? LOL

OK.... I'm shoveling a handful of almonds in my mouth as I'm reading Terry's post about waiting to see if things go down........ damnnnnnnnn

they are now feeling a bit stuck... chew chew chew.. but its too too too late! CRAP yup restriction is here

Yep!! That's what I'm talking about! :paranoid Nuts are iffy for me too. Used to be one of my favorite Snacks.

Jenn, if you can't chug Water then you must really be restricted! You will be wise to go very slowly while venturing into the world of solid foods. But remember that living on mushies is not the answer. They will pass thru your band quickly and defeat the purpose of having solid food stay in your pouch for hours. The answer is to.....yes, that's right....small bites, chew well, eat slowly. Or as Judy says, .........

I did see a post one time that now is making perfect sense to me: Every time you get a fill, the size of your bites you were taking should be cut in half.

Terry

It took me 4 weeks post op to beable to chug Water, I can take larger sips every day just no chugging. I just had a Protein Shake, about 350 cals and I'm full - I am very restricted. I knew it wouldn't take much - I seem to be holding strong and was fine until working out became an every day thing

I guess I'm going to have to break down and start drinking a Protein Shake once a day. Yuck. With the limited amount of food I'm getting in, my Protein intake is rarely above 40g. The good news is that all the bad stuff like cholesterol and sodium are also way below target amounts! I guess I'll go run to the store on my lunch hour and get some now. This tuna is NOT going down! Taking me 30 minutes to eat one lousy ounce...with a few Sun chips. I'm bored with it!

Terry

I am sorry to hear that, I found one I almost like, but I make them, no store bought. and I add a tsp of instant pudding mix to it for flavor. works for me... just a suggestion

I like the Boost Glucose Control drinks. They're not low-calorie at 190/8 oz, but they taste delish and have 16g Protein. Good enough for me!

I also grabbed some Protein Bars to try. South Beach Meal Replacement Bar, Cinnamon Creme is OK, not wonderful. I'm 1/2way through it and it's getting kinda yucky. LOTS of cinnamon.

Thank u all for the replies to my problem. I came home early from work because I just feel so drained. I know I am not getting the Vitamins I need. Do you all take a Vitamin? If so, what kind?

As far as the restriction goes, I am kinda scared to get some of it taken out...I guess I will give it another week or so and see how I feel about it then. Oh well, I am rambling...sorry:speechles

Did any of you see that movie "Monster-In-Law"? In the movie Jennifer Lopez had a necklace that was a question mark and when she was asked why the question mark she said "because I just don't know"....LOL

I seriously need (want) one of those necklaces because I "just don't know" either.:confused:

One thing I do know is I am going to crawl in bed...I don't feel well:sick

Well, i'm going out for a drive ladies... of course after dbf was mr wonderful and was going to come take me out this afternoon, guess what... no show... so i'm sure as track record goes... he will call in about an hour with some sort of bull shit excuse.

I am just not in the mood today, can you tell, I had someone asking me out for months, knew was not mr wright but still, didn't go because I am so foolishly in love and didn't want to hurt anyone or "risk" having feelings for someone else... memory loss or no memory loss... Just once I want to be as important as his family and everyone else who he jumps for.

Am I that horrible and disgusting that I don't deserve to be treated like someone special.

Man... wonder why I have confidence issues

You already know the answer to your own question. You just are too comfortable in "The Hole". Some day you will want to crawl out of the hole and decide that you don't want to fall in it again. Ever. Until then.... at least look around and journal about what it feels like to be in there....so you'll have something to look back on when you walk down that street again in the future.

Terry... My Protein intake since surgery has always been about 40-50g per day. I'm comfortable with that and am so glad not to have to suffer through Protein Shakes. I know I couldn't possibly stomach them. That was one of the perks of having the doctor I have. He doesn't require them pre-op and says not to have them post-op. BUT you do what you need to do.

TracyK... I take a Vitamin every day. I use Viactiv chewables. They are my little chewy chocolate treat each day.

Jenn....Amen to what Terry said..

thank you i might start my journal up again