Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

True confessions: I am supposed to be on liquids 'til Tuesday, then move to mushies for 2 weeks, then chicken, then red meat... but I have been soooooo hungry & my stomach growls like CRAZY... so I started eating 1 mushie a day (usually mid-day) to tide me through... for example, the first day I had that egg moosh, then yesterday I had 1/2 c of broc/cheese Soup (mixed smooth in the cuisinart), & today, omg!, I actually ate a few cooked plaintains (omg so good & so mushie) + a few bites of the meat of a cuban sandwhich + a couple bites of fresh-baked, crispy cuban bread. Everything's gone down fine (which does worry me in a way... is that band even in there??) and right now, after the cuban stuff (really oh so little of it in actuality, my dd who is 8 ate a whole sandwich, for comparison) I feel SATISFIED (not full, not stuffed!). I've purchased other mushy foods, such as hummus, low-fat ricotta cheese, 60 cal puddings, yogurt, etc... Do you think this is ok to do? Also, do you have any other mushie suggestions / recipes for me?

PS -- Maybe we can make really scary scarecrows w/all our oversized granny panties! :)

29lbs... and you were questioning all this... you silly girl

For mushies I had lots of Protein shakes made with yogurt, Protein powder, a spoon of pudding mix for flavor, ice and a some skim milk.

Choc version I used 1/2 cup of no sugar coffee icecream, coffee, choc Protein Powder and choc pudding mix. I love coffee/choc. I would eat choc covered expresso Beans 24/7 if i could.

I also made ricotta cheese with egg, garlic, pepper, like I would mix for stuffed shells, put a little sauce on top and some part skim mozz cheese... yummy too

finally refried Beans with some salsa and some 2% cheddar cheese

that is what I lived on for 2 weeks, I hope it helps

"I looked down and saw my hoo haaa!!" OMG that is way too funny! I love it! I am disappointed. I gained a pound yesterday. I did have popcorn last night. Probably salt/water gain.

Quick update on Shrinking Violets:

What was your date of surgery?

How much liquid is in your band?

How much weight have you lost?

I was banded on April 9, just got my second fill and have 2ccs in my 4cc band. Am finally losing. Have lost 12lb. Need to kick myself in gear and eat healthier. I am starting to log everything in fitday.com. I think that will help.

Morning eveyone

you are all doing great

Judy, you crack me up! Congrats on all your accomplishments this week.

I worked my butt off last night, hot and humid here again, then went out until 3am. I can honestly say I looked semi cute and was not too horribly concerned about how fat I am. 20 lbs and I'll be at the place where I was semi happy with myself - so i just keep telling myself that. The only problem with last night was... I got hungry for dinner and made myself a small salad with a pc of chicken, but by time I got done making it, they turned off the fan to raise the dough, and I got so hot I couldn't eat, had 3 bites and i was full. So around 2am I was starving, nothing open and no fork to finish the salad I brought with me. So I convinced myself to suck it up and not eat, I shouldn't be eating at that hour anyway. Well I got home and there were 3 chicken nuggets in the fridge left over from my son's dinner. I ate 1, way too fast, and a bite of another and i felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I paced and paced until it was gone and went to bed.

I also have the worst pains in the back of my legs. I worked out hard last week and then wore my old navy flip flops all weekend to work, mow the lawn and go out. I don't know why but they seem to have something to do with it. I wore them to CountryFest last year and had to walk almost a mile and I thought I was going to die. Legs hurt so bad last year it is part of what is keeping me away from CountryFest this year, I'm afraid it will happen again, no matter what shoes I wear

Mdrai - my doc considers cottage cheese to be a full liquid, so that might be a good choice for you, too. I eat mine with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, canned peaches, pears or pineapple....and 3 packets of Splenda. I use full fat cottage cheese, too. For the difference in taste, the 1 extra gram of fat is worth it to me.

I also ate ripe avocados with a sprinkle of salt (they're SO good right now!), ripe melon, bananas and a bit of creamy Peanut Butter mushed together, and refried Beans w/ salsa and cheese. I ate a LoT of broccoli/cheese Soup.< /p>

That exercise class I just finished kicked my butt. And it's not what I need anyway...like a full body weight training workout in 1 hour and I already do weights with my trainer. So tomorrow I'm going to try the "Latin Impact" which I think is taught by a Zumba instructor. Tuesday I will do Aqua Fit. Just looking for some fun cardio besides the elliptical and bike....y'know? Mix it up a bit.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING FOR EXERCISE TODAY??? HMMM???

Terry

Good for you for trying all that new stuff. I hate treadmills, so I am going to add stair stepper in for min 5 mins before my weight training and Water aerobics 2-3 times a week. I am happy with repetition.

Today.....HUMMMMMMMMMMM... I might mow the lawn, it is a jungle back yard only. Other than that R&R today. I did 5 workouts last week and worked my butt off Friday & Saturday night at the shop and going to get up and do it all over again tomorrow. What am I going to do when I get a job? I won't have any time. LOL

I was banded on 4/26/07

I have 1.2 cc (1 fill) in a 4cc band

Since my surgery I have lost 20 lbs (but I've lost a total of 32 lbs since before my surgery in January when I started weight watchers!)

4/10/2007

1 cc in a 4cc band

36#

Just got back from church. It was a foot stompin, toe tapping good time with a bunch of really peppy gospely songs. Now I'm done until fall so my Wednesday nights are free and no committments on Sunday except to go to church and enjoy the service from the congregation instead of up front.

I'll be trimming the front and back yard today and then watering all the plants I've planted lately. Hope to get a walk in with DH tonight. Or if the pool warms up to 80 I'll definitely be in there doing my exercises.

Surgery was 4-3-07

1cc is in as of 6-7-07

I have gone up and down, but officially still at 23 pounds down!

Good Morning Vioets~

Ok, I am supposed to be on full liquids (key words...supposed to be), and have been a little naughty. We went to see Knocked Up yesterday. Cute movie! Well, I brought my shake but the smell of popcorn got to me. I had some of my partners popcorn, and just chewed to nothing. (Hey, at least I didn't eat her hotdog, which looked so good). The this morning, I made her some ham and eggs, and cheated and had some bites of the ham. Then I had my shake:D...and I am stuffed. I will behave the rest of the day.

Today for exercise, we did yard work and played washed the dog. I woke up at 5:15 and was at the gym at 5:45 yesterday, and am taking the day off. But washing my 140 pound Rottewieller (sp) is a huge workout. He doesn't think he is 140, he thinks he is little...probably because I tell him he is little. His name is Klaus.

Gonna go watch a movie w/ DP. Probably end up taking a nap...gotta love Sundays!

TTFN

Hi again,

Ok

Surgery 4/16

Band, unsure size, but will update when I get my first fill Tuesday

Lost 31 since surgery 52 total since Januay

Denise, I love your ticker.

I found this in prevention and thought it looked great, I love squash...and wanted to share

Summer Squash Saute

6 cloves garlic

2 tbs olive oil

1tsp red pepper flakes

3lbs assorted summer squash sliced thin

1/2 tsp salt

heat garlic, oil & pepper flakes for 2-3 mins. Add squash & salt, toss to coat, cover and reduce heat to medium-low cook 30 mins. Increase heat to med for 10 mins to cook away most of the liquid

61cals,2g pro., 6g carb, 4g fat, 2g Fiber, 149mg sodium

Lemmony Stuffed sole

1lb sole or flounder

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 c summer squash saute (see top)

1/4 c dry white wine OR 2TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with 2tbsp vege broth

1 Tbs butter

2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest

1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley

season both sides of fish with salt & pepper. Place 1 fillet on flat surface and spread 2 tbsp of squash evenly over top leaving 1/2" margin on both ends. Roll fillet into a cylinder and secure with pick. Repeat with next pc of fish.

Heat oil in pan over medium heat and add sole, seam side up. Cook 2 mins and add wine. Reduce heat to med/low, cover and cook 5 mins longer until fish is opaque.

put sole on a place and tent loosely with foil. in pan, add butter, lemon juice and zest. remove from heat, swirl until butter melts and spoon over sole, sprinkle with parsley.

171 cals, 20g Pro, 4g carb, 7g fat, 1g fiber,

I just thought I would share, looked like a good summer thing. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

April 17th 2007

6cc's in 10 cc's band

about 20 pounds since surgery

Everyone have a great day!!! I am seriously down in the back today, must have done something yesterday that I didn't know about! It started late last night. OW!

Jane

banded 4/11/07

total loss since January is 43 pounds

31 since the band

1.5 cc

Hi violets-

I am now the official owner of...a bathing suit!! After 22 years (at least) my mom drug me out yesterday and she bought it for me. They now have an above ground pool and she knows how self conscious I am. I tried on the 18 and it FIT. Don't get me wrong, I could have probably fit into a 20 better, but the 18 fit and I knew that I would be lsoing more weight, so I did it....got into my "little" suit and got into the pool. I am so proud because when I put it on and looked in the mirror, I was not disgusted. Great feeling.

Judy, congrats on seeing your friend again!! :) too funny!!!

Jenn-I agree, June will be our month!!

TracyK

no bread for me, it is my downfall, I know if I figure out I can eat it I will not stop

I did just have some really hot chicken wings for dinner, they were soooo good. I just made sure to get extra hot sauce so they were not dry. I was bad and had 8 of them!

Happy Sunday Evening Violets.

Judy: I belly laughed when I read your rated x post! You crack me up! and also WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! major NSV.

I did good at the family reunion yesterday.. I did eat some high calorie stuff, but I only ate one plate and the overall portion was a nice real life size..... the bad thing is that I did not drink ANY Water yesterday I drank too much diet dr pepper.. (MY doc gave back soda on June 4)..... after so long of not drinking it I really haven't missed it, but yesterday I realized that it can not replace my water habbit......

Today I ate taco fixings without the shell for lunch and had some vanilla icecream with a few strawberries... I haven't ate anything since 2p and I'm trying to just drink water for the rest of the night.. so that I loose my bounced pound... my goal is to get into the 230's this week... and if I'm good I know it is attainable........

Denise you are doing so good woman.. as my band twin and now even a fill twin I watch your progress like a hawk..... I know that if I did as much exercise as you that I would not be lagging so far behind....

Great job everyone!