Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

(((Thanks Everybody!!!))) Ya'll are so sweet to pick me up. It worked :girl_hug:

I think it did have a lot to do with not being able to work out this week and feeling bad about that. I had a good workout and my trainer said I am making excellent progress...especially since I reported not being sore at all after my last back/tricep workout which usually kills me! He said that is a very good sign. I feel better now. Also, I think I'll try and get another workout in this evening and that will put me only one workout behind.

Thanks again everyone -- I really appreciate it.

Where's LUNASA?

Good Saturday Afternoon, My Sweet Violets!~~

Busy couple of days... am home for awhile now. Yay.

True confessions: I am supposed to be on liquids 'til Tuesday, then move to mushies for 2 weeks, then chicken, then red meat... but I have been soooooo hungry & my stomach growls like CRAZY... so I started eating 1 mushie a day (usually mid-day) to tide me through... for example, the first day I had that egg moosh, then yesterday I had 1/2 c of broc/cheese Soup (mixed smooth in the cuisinart), & today, omg!, I actually ate a few cooked plaintains (omg so good & so mushie) + a few bites of the meat of a cuban sandwhich + a couple bites of fresh-baked, crispy cuban bread. Everything's gone down fine (which does worry me in a way... is that band even in there??) and right now, after the cuban stuff (really oh so little of it in actuality, my dd who is 8 ate a whole sandwich, for comparison) I feel SATISFIED (not full, not stuffed!). I've purchased other mushy foods, such as hummus, low-fat ricotta cheese, 60 cal puddings, yogurt, etc... Do you think this is ok to do? Also, do you have any other mushie suggestions / recipes for me?

Re: weight... I've actually slowed down (maybe it's the mushies??)... only -1 so far this week... I purchased some Fibersure yesterday but haven't started using it yet... pooping only 2x/wk is not lovely... I also am aware that, having lost 29 lbs in basically a month, my bod may be adjusting itself in other ways, etc., as far as losing lbs goes. And no, I didn't take my measurements (i never do for some reason)...

Terry, hang in there girlie... I know I have those old scripts / demons / fears lurking just below the surface as well... it doesn't take much to stir them up, does it? But we must keep in mind that we HAVE done SOMETHING DIFFERENT this time -- this is NOTHING like all the previous times we've tried to lose weight... and it's MORE this time... it really IS a LIFESTYLE CHANGE... the band is ALWAYS with us... which is why I got it!... for the times when the devil-voice in my head wins over my willpower and I WANT to overindulge in volume or food choice... well, now I CAN'T... and if I do, I WILL regret it! + Your exercising is great & making changes to your bod as well. THAT STUPID SCALE! IT IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL! And yet we love it so...

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

PS -- Maybe we can make really scary scarecrows w/all our oversized granny panties! :girl_hug:

...Everything's gone down fine (which does worry me in a way... is that band even in there??)

I felt the same way and even asked the PA if they forgot to put it in because everything went down to good.

That's right Terry! You've been doing GREAT! But I understand the down moment, notice I have not posted any B&A yet :girl_hug:

We're all proud of you!

298 this morning! YAY! 1lb more gone gone gone.

What's the deal with popcorn? I hear people mention it, I don't understand.. is it just it gets stuck, or it expands and makes your stomach expand or what? Me and fiance talkin about goin to a movie tonight and I wanted to have popcorn..

Laura,

I haven't had the courage to try popcorn yet. I'm still experimenting with foods and am a big SISSY! I LOVE popcorn...does anyone else have a problem eating it? I've seen some people do fine with it....

My nutritionist said popcorn is fine as long as you chew it really well.

We went to Big Boy for Breakfast and I ordered one egg scrambled with a little cheese in it. That's what I got.. flopped unto a huge dinner plate. Sure was a pathetic looking little bit of food, but it satisfied me! DD and DSIL took us out for lunch to Applebees and I got the honey BBQ chicken breast sandwich without the bun. I got a side salad that DD ate most of. After about 4 bites of the chicken I was satisfied and that was it. So I guess there is restriction.. I guess. It's funny cause it's the same feeling I had before the fill. But I guess if I could do it before, I can do it now. Tomorrow is weigh in so we'll see how the week went.

I'm headed back outside to do some more in the flower beds. Got one 98% done and then on to the last one for the season. Then I can take some time and enjoy the backyard for a change!

Ok, OK.. I take back everything I said about not feeling a difference between pre-fill and post-fill. I did my normal Saturday routine and took my Water pill. Popped it in my mouth.. took a sip of CL lemonade and there the pill sat... and sat..... and sat.... I finally took enough sips to get it down, but there's my proof. Next time I'll know to cut that sucker in half!!

Hello all,

I just got home from vacation. All I have to say is, I did not stay on a good eating program. I just ate what everyone else ate. I did not count calories, I just plain was on vacation and didn't want to have to think about it. I didn't eat a bunch of sweets or go crazy or anything. I am now afraid of going to get my second fill on Wednesday. I am afraid of what the scale will say. I know I just have to know that it may be a weight that I will not like. I am just not prepared. I wonder if I had more restriction on vacation if it would have been different. I guess I got some exercise as I was in an amusement park almost every day walking my legs off. I also went to the beach one day and was in the Water. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think. Or maybe it will. I just hate this feeling of being back in "reality" and going back to work and the 8 days I was gone may have sabatoged what I was doing before I went. I just feel bad I guess. I could use a friend from the Violets right now.

Thank you.

Katie,

Don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on track now that you are back to the real world. This time next week you will feel better. Take it one day and one meal at a time. Good Luck.

Darla

Got my flower beds done. I hauled 10 bags of mulch and moved upteen paving bricks. So I'm guessing I got my exercise in today! I'm heading to bed early so I can rest up for our big day at church tomorrow. It's Gospel Sunday.. we sing some foot stomping, finger snappin anthems. I direct the choir and we've got 7 pieces to do. It's the last Sunday for choir for the season so it's gotta be good!!

Everyone have a good evening and remember to follow those Bandster rules!!!

Sounds like you violets are doing well!!! Terry, we all have our days---hope your blue mood passes quickly. It is always easier for others to see the change in us. I know personally as I gained weight, I did not realize how much in reality, until I saw pictures or caught sight of myself unaware in a mirror. It took a long time for the reality of how big I got to sink in. Now it is taking equally as long for it to go away. IN my mind, and when I see me in an unflattering position (some jiggly part!!!)....or my scale sits tight, I see myself in my minds eye, exactly as I used to be. You are not alone, last week Lunasa hit the low----and you were there supporting her! Hormones are closely tied in to weight loss, so it could be that, but I do know it is something we all go through---you are not alone, and you most definitely are not thr things you called yourself----you are just like the rest of us----you are a real "loser"!!!!! Hugs---hang in there!!!!!!

Got everything packed today, ready to go. I need to clean the car. I cannot stand leaving, and my house not being CLEAN! I want to come home to it in good shape, not have things to do the second I get back. I also hate to travel in a messy car! I want it clean, and organized!!! Nothing like being picky.

Well I am having a hard time with the Video for my folks anniversary. It plays perfect on the computer. When I burn it to DVD there are skips in the music, like an old record player when the needle skipped (yes I know some of you have no idea about this!!!). So we tried burning it to CD....and it will not even play. At the church, it will be being played through a computer set up, so will likely play fine, but I want a copy for my parents to enjoy---and cannot get it to burn right. It ended up with about 120 pictures, and is just over 12 minutes long. 7 seconds to each picture, plus transitions, and a lead in. There are 4 songs. It actually ended up perfect, we figured we could add a couple or delete a couple to get to the exact point of ending on the song, and it come out perfect!!! On the computer it is great!!!

Today I hit Sams Club---stupid move on a Saturday I know---and got the punch cups, and the plastic ware for the luau. Also bought some luau music, and found some capris I LOVE!!!

Ok girlies----hang in there......each day with these bands is a new one, and just when you think you have it figured out, or are ready to give up, it changes!!!! So if we all hang in there together, we will make it!!!

Kat

Good Morning Shrink'n Violets..

Today was weigh in day and I didn't lose anything since last week... BUT didn't gain anything either. I got my fill last Tuesday and have followed the bandster rules to the letter, but it didn't budge this week. Am I disappointed??? NOPE. I know I did what I was supposed to do. I feel great and will continue to do my best and see what happens next Sunday.

Every one have a great day! And remember to............. ( just testing to see if you can fill in the blank!!)

Alrighty then. DH gained a pound this week so there must be something in the Water. HOWEVER I did have a couple of NSVs today. Last year at Gospel Sunday I was wearing a man's size XXL denim choir shirt. Today I'm wearing a man's L and I'm just shy of being able to button it around my belly. Next year my goal is to be in a woman's Medium! Yesterday I bought new underwear. I asked my DH if he knew what an optimist was. I said.. "it's somebody who buys one package of size 8 and one package of size 7 underwear". This morning I thought I'd just try the size 7 on and IT FIT!! Now the last NSV has a parental warning attached to it. When I stood in front of the full length mirror this morning before stepping into the shower, I saw something I have not seen in years and years. I looked down and saw my hoo haaa!! It's been covered up by a big apron of fat for a long time and today it was just peeking out! Ok, I know that's TMI, but it WAS a NSV for sure!!

It's too early in the morning to be visualizing your hoo-haa, Teach, but I'm ecstatic for you nonetheless!!! :girl_hug: Really! Just no B&A pics, please.

There's always "something in the water" everytime we eat Chinese food around here. DH and I always have it on Sunday nights while we watch our fave shows on TV...and Monday mornings when we weigh we're always, always up a pound or two. It's probably all that work you've been doing in the garden...the heat, humidity and sore muscles retaining Water. No doubt.

Congrats on the undies!! Your hoo-haa is having a red-letter day today!!! Break a leg at church, ok? I'd love to hear your choir!

Kat (and everyone!)- Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm heading off to a new aerobics class this morning ...got up early on a Sunday morning to do it, too. Kids go to their dad's for 2 weeks today so I will be able to hopefully make up some of my missed workouts. I find that this plan is making me feel better already. It's just so strange how addicted to exercise I've become and then when I don't get it...just like an addict...I start getting depressed and cranky. Hmmmm. Who is this person???

3 months ago I would have never dreamed I'd be joining a class. I feel ready now. It's aerobics that uses weights as well. Should be quite challenging not to pass out, but I will take it easy. Maybe go for a nice swim after. Great way to start the day, eh?