Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

AWESOME NEWS, JUDY!!! So happy for you guys!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:guess :kiss

It's 90's today I had to drink tea, I was svetsing (sp..hehe). The no drinking is because it washes food out, but I'm not hungry anyway, so if it washed it out I wasn't concerned for now.. I needed liquid. And the tea is unsweetened!

And for those who don't know Incubus, shame on you. They've been around since early 90's.. You've heard their songs if you listen to general radio.. Hope you feel special, I'm looking them up to see which songs were trendy and most people heard..

-Wish You Were Here (this is the part where I'd horribly sing the tune to someone till they go-oh yeah I know that-but since I can't, here's a blip of lyrics)

I wish you were here

I lay my head on to the sand

The sky resembles a backlit canopy with holes punched in it

I'm counting UFO's

I signal them with my lighter

And in this moment I am happy...happy

-Stellar

Meet me in outer space

I will hold you close

If you're afraid of heights

I need you to see this place

It might be the only way

That I can show you how

It feels to be inside of you

How do you do it?

Make me feel like I do

How do you do it?

It's better than I ever knew

-Drive (plays on all the pop stations around here, not just general/alternative)

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear

And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear

Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before

And it seems to have a vague, aunting mass appeal

But lately I am beginning to find that I

Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there

With open arms and open eyes

-Pardon Me (Like drive, I hear it on a lot of stations)

A decade ago

I never thought I would be

At twenty three

On the verge of spontaneous combustion

Woe-is-me

But I guess that it comes With the territory

An ominous landscape of never ending calamity

I need you to hear

I need you to see

That I have had all I can take

And exploding seems like

A definite possibility to me

So pardon me while I burst into flames

I've had enough of the world

I know, I sure do hog up a lot of space.. bleh. I guess I'm just the chatty kathy of the internet.

Congrats Teach!!!!! Now you can be each other's support system :)

But you better not leave us!

No way Laura.. I'm here for the long run!!! Sorry, I haven't read the latest posts, but DH called me at Curves to give me the news and I was just so excited to share it with everyone!! We're going out tonight, but I'll check posts when I get back. Everyone have a great evening!!!

Judy~ congrats!!! that is great news. We will make him an honorary Violet! Does he have violet hair too? Fair question, might be your Shampoo, lol!

Laura~ I know Incubus! Have fun. I love concerts, I go often, used to go A LOT! Sounds like a fun filled evening. You'll be in those sexy jeans for sure!

Jennifer~ Study hard honey, IT IS ALMOST OVER! Good Luck!

I have my MIL this weekend and then my dad and step mom (parents on Sunday). Since my mom died, I've participated in Mamossa's on Mother's Day club. I won't be going this year, but that is ok...don't need the calories from the OJ and can't have the champagne:phanvan . Wishing all the Violet mom's a wonderful and happy happy happy Mother's Day!!! Enjoy yourself, relax, and smell the roses (or violets in our case).

Love ya,

Pamela

Lauraj23 - Maybe, I suppose it could be swelling. I see my doc next week and will ask him. Did it work for you? Did you try it? It didn't hurt or anything, altho' it is hard as crud to lift all my stomach over and over.

Hugs,

Dynamo- Not yet ;) I'm at work, and if I get on all 4's there's going to be some rumors going around the office LOL!

Aw come on LauraJ, I'll bet you've started all sorts of rumors! JK

Anyway all you Violets, I have emailed my doc, I don't want anyone hurting themselves because you read my post. WARNING!

I'll let everyone know what he says. Of course his secretary said she had never heard of that exercise hurting anything, but we'll check to make sure.

Hugs all you mother Violets and hugs to all you non-mother violets,

Michelle

Now I feel old on top of fat because I don't know who Incubus is!!! (LOL)

Jane

LOL !!! That's funny!!

I'm going to see George Michael in June with my girlfriends.. I love him!!

Fighting with DH again!! OH NO!! ...

Tracyinks...any openings for nuns in that convent of yours?

YA THINK????? ;)

Sure do!

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 467959" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>TracyTX</TD><TD class=alt2>DH, DD, DS....ya'll are confusing me to the max!! happy.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Me too. I don't get all these DH/DS/DD acronyms.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 467833" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>lauraj23</TD><TD class=alt2>huytsao.gifguess.gif

It's 90's today I had to drink tea, I was svetsing (sp..hehe). The no drinking is because it washes food out, but I'm not hungry anyway, so if it washed it out I wasn't concerned for now.. I needed liquid. And the tea is unsweetened!

And for those who don't know Incubus, shame on you. They've been around since early 90's.. You've heard their songs if you listen to general radio.. Hope you feel special, I'm looking them up to see which songs were trendy and most people heard..

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's Florida where I am. Hot is normal. Drink that Water starting right after Breakfast, wait about an hour. I carry the 33 oz. bottle of Propel kiwi-strawberry and sip all day.

Incubus? You betcha!

Anyone going to be at Dr. K's office on June 7th? I'm going for my fill. Woo Hoo! Denver here I came again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day Violets! Mothers of babies, mothers for others, and my favorite, mothers to the fur babies.

Okay Violets -

This is what my doc emailed me -

You’re doing no harm. The exercise routine sounds great, in fact. The band is inside your peritoneal cavity and around your stomach and is unaffected by exercise of any kind. Dr. Kirshenbaum

So if you don't feel restricted you might want to try it. For me, it works.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Thanks for the follow up Dynamo, gonna do that tonight!

Now I feel old on top of fat because I don't know who Incubus is!!! (LOL)

Jane

LOL jainebug, it has nothing to do with old deary! I'm 41 and I LOVE Incubus....they're a rock band...well more alternative rock I would consider them...they have great music. ;)

Man, I am realizing that I am not the only one with serious issues! LOL

I can't even eat different foods at the same time let alone let them touch - and always need a plate for the stuff I don't like or have to pick out.

This freaked me out.

:hungry: All those who cannot stand food touching say "Aye".

Aye here. I eat rotating my plate counter clockwise. The most content feeling is when it is just one item I am working on. Mix it up? Gads no!

I'm out of the closet now. And here I thought I was the only one with the mixing foods/funny textures/strange discolorations-means-it-goes/and I'm still obese!

You all make me feel so very much a part of a very odd family. The Abdomens Family.

Michelle:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 468076" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>DynamoMini</TD><TD class=alt2>Okay Violets -

This is what my doc emailed me -

You’re doing no harm. The exercise routine sounds great, in fact. The band is inside your peritoneal cavity and around your stomach and is unaffected by exercise of any kind. Dr. Kirshenbaum

So if you don't feel restricted you might want to try it. For me, it works.

Hugs all,

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Great big hug for this one. Here I thought I would damage my band or stomach. I appreciate this. Going to Dr. Kirshenbaum on June 7th for my first fill.