Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

My surgery is tomorrow! I am so excited. I was just looking over the first week of the post op diet and noticed that I can't have the Protein Shakes until week two, but I can have Isopure. So now I am wanting your opinions... What is the best flavor of the Isopure? Thanks!

The only one I've tried so far is the Icy Orange. It's pretty good... after I drink it I swear I feel a little film in my mouth though... maybe it's aftertaste?... but it's not nasty. I'd buy it again.

Hi Everyone,

I went to my first post op visit yesterday. I thought the scale was broken because it showed a loss of 23 lbs. I am so happy. The special treat for me was my nutritionist said that I can eat a half cup of a small sized chilli from WENDYS as a meal.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! 23 lbs... again, me ... speechless..... and able to eat some real food ...... PRICELESS!

Thoughts, prayers and hugs to those getting banded today and tomorrow. May you have a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery and Welcome to BandLand!!!

Actg1rl- 04/25:clap2:

Brennens - 04/26:clap2:

BeckyNtN - 04/26:clap2:

JDarnwest - 04/26:clap2:

Flax - 04/26:clap2:

Adorable - 04/26:clap2:

TracyinKS -04/26 wink.gif:clap2:

My surgery is tomorrow! I am so excited. I was just looking over the first week of the post op diet and noticed that I can't have the Protein Shakes until week two, but I can have Isopure. So now I am wanting your opinions... What is the best flavor of the Isopure? Thanks!

My Rankings: ( I bought the variety pack off gnc.com... also I googled a promo code and got free shipping)

1. Grape Frost

2. Alpine Punch

3. Mango Peach

4. Blue Razberry

5. pineapple Banna

6. and NOT tolerable to me....... Apple Melon

It may not be the healthiest, but I found a way to take my 'allegedly' tasteless Protein Powder. It either clumped or made things taste funky, so I've been on a Quest to find something I can have that masks the taste. I have no sugar added hot chocolate mix.. It's 60 calories per pack, I used 2 packs, so still less calories than the slimfast I have. Added 1+3/4 the amount of Water suppose to be used, so it's REALLY chocolatey. Then added Protein powder. Worked well, was warm so it felt good going down, yummy chocolate not some diet chocolate taste, and got a good bit of protein. :)

Well, still no call from my nutritionist. Makes me a slight bit crazy, even more because I had an appt last friday that they reschedule because she was not available.

I am getting about 550 cals a day with the milk and Protein Shakes but I hear that I should not be doing them right now. What to do? should i just kill the Protein and drink plain milk? I think the protein is what is keeping me from passing out.

Well - job update... keep your fingers crossed for me! I am getting ready to go on another interview at 3:30. I am freaking out, so excited, this one feels good. I'll update everyone when I get back.

Good luck on your job interview!!

Did you not get information from your doctor or nutritionist on what you were allowed to eat?? I have everything printed out for me so I can refer to it for all the different stages post op.

Hi Everyone!!

Well, I am impressed....20+lb weight loss ard & Julee71....WOW way to go ladies! You must feel amazing!!!

Laura, sorry to hear your still in pain, you must be so fed up by now, its misrable when you feel like that.

Terry....I love the cartoon!

Pam, aw thanks for mising me ((Hugs)) I made it through the training course, and I avoided the bar like the plauge, infact you'll all be impressed...I drank Water in the evening, I did have a few sips of wine but it tasted disgusting (it was really sour!).

Tomorrow is my next challenge...Im off to work in the Isle of Wight (its an island off the coast of the UK) and I work there every week, and Im staying overnight again this week, but its only me, no word crowds to tempt me with booze, when ever I work away from home, I dont like eating in resturants by myself, I get nervous, so I end up buying alsorts of food and drink from Marks & Spencers, so I'll just buy a pot of pinapple and cottage cheese for dinner tomorrow night.

Jennifur..how did the job interview go today, let us know wont you? (actually Ive just applied online this evening for a job Ive seen advertised, not sure I'll even get an interview though?).

Daves taken Sophs out for a practice in his car (driving) he calls it his white knuckle ride, lol, she's just turned 17 and started driving lessons, so my poor old hubby is rostered in to teach her driving inbetween lessons!

Lunasa hows it going??

madri sounds like your having fun with all of your Protein Drink sample packs, I hope they taste nice!!

BeckyNTn good luck tomorrow!!

Tracy....were all thinking of ya xxxx

DynamoMini I know what you mean, my weight loss has slowed right down now too, maybe 1-2lbs a week now, but yes I'm worried long term too that it works. I think it takes a while before we really feel a restriction, after the fills, and Ive no idea what that will feel like, I have the first one on the 12th May. I mean I cant eat that much still, and my meals are small. I start hard foods on Monday (48hrs Clear Liquids then 3 days Soups yogurts tea etc then mushie food for 3 weeks...then real food :paranoid ) so we'll see how it goes, I have tried a few things that I thought were mushie...a few mouthfuls of Pasta, rice etc, but Im not trying them again as I got really bad pain, so Ive since stuck religously to mashed potatoe-runny, anything that melts basically..and boy am I sick of soup:cry

Kity I think your posts on here are invaluable, and very informative...so dont stop will you!! Your our mentor!!

Lots of Love

Sara xx

I feel so loved right now!!!!!!!<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

I’ve been getting non stop emails and phone calls wishing me luck tomorrow… Both my bestest friends have called and emailed.. and SpongeBob SqareBoobs was even in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=Maryland</ST1:p</st1:State>. LBT and LCF board friends have been sending me private messages all day, and posting nice, nice, nice things…….. AWWWWWEEEEEE I feel special, and I’ve managed to only tell my best work bud here at work.. not even my boss knows……..

HOLY CRAP its finally my turn...... (how many times can I say holy crap in one day...... :rolleyes: )

That's awesome Tracy! Let me add my love too and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Can't wait to hear how you go. :rolleyes: Ellen.

Thanks Pinky! I'm not freaked out like I thought I'd be......... maybe that comes later tonight when I'm watching the clock waiting for 3:30 a.m. to come around. (we are leaving the house at 4:30 a.m.) Who am I kidding.... I WILL NOT BE sleeping AT ALL!!!!!!!!

Good luck on your job interview!!

Did you not get information from your doctor or nutritionist on what you were allowed to eat?? I have everything printed out for me so I can refer to it for all the different stages post op.

Thank you - I think I messed up, I couldn't remember all the key things he said, I had great thoughts as he was talking and then they went away.

I am going to send a killer thank you note tomorrow because it is my dream job

Yes, they finally called back, clear liquids for the 1st 2 weeks. No exception. I can add yogurt to my milk and some Protein but that is it.

hey everyone

I am home ... sad but home... it is my dream job and I fudged it a bit. I am perfect for that job and I left a few key things out as he listed what the job was, I had great things to say - then when he was done and i had to remember every detail that was running through my crazy head and wanted to say, I forgot a few things. I am going to send a killer thank you note tomorrow.

Did I mention that is my dream job - that I wanted at the end of my 5 year plan?

So - clear liquids for 2 weeks, no exception - but I can add Protein and yogurt to my milk to add a little.

So I will wait, frustrated but will wait.

I'm going to take a quick nap before I head back to school

sorry posted 2 times, the first one gave me an error and page freaked out on me