Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

The one I mentioned that still makes my heart flip-flop.. funny story, I was planning to lose my big V to him on my 16th b'day.. I went over in a trenchcoat (and nothing else.. had my license woohoo, so I could drive to his apartment.. he was 18). Anywho, I get there and I kid you not, he is banging my best friend. They ended up moving in together, and duh it didn't work out.. I coulda told them that, but whatever!

So you'd think I hate his guts now, but through our relationship- before that happened -he was the most romantic guy ever. He always knew what to say or do to make me just swoon. DH never does that kind of stuff hah hah.

And I guess the tea/coffee thing all depends on where you look for info. I still count it as my Water cause I make it myself.. and I KNOW I USED 8oz OF WATER FOR EVERY GLASS.. hah. Mine is 0 calorie, and I love it.

Okay the tip/quote/inspirations/etc will not happen over the weekend. I was thinking if we could get one more person we could have the 5 weekdays covered, if we get three more, then everyday of the week would be covered. Any takers??? If you take it you have first choice of your day!!

It is supposed to be warm this weekend!! So odd it was 10 Wednesday and 70 on Sunday? Wow!!!

Okay everyone have a great evening and weekend, and Suzie you have done a GREAT job of motivating me to drink more water!!!!

Jane

Hey V's~

The garage is going to look so cool. Expensive, but cool! We got Susanne her own P.O. Box today! She is officially a Palm Springs resident! Then we dropped the car off and went to Cheesecake factory. I order the lunch pizza and salad, BBQ chix pizza. Ended up eating about 3 bites of the dough/crust/bread thingy and scrapped all the toppings off of that and 1/2 the salad. Of course I saved room for popcorn for the movie. We saw Juno...what a great movie...run, don't walk and go it it soon! One of my fav's for the year! Then after movie, we went to Borders and I spent 80bucks on books:faint:. I bought a Weight Watchers cook book, Bob Greens book, and the Skinny Bitches in the Kitchen cook book. Have you read Skinny Bitches? I haven't read the book, but want to. I also bought some other books too. All in all...great day!

Check out the vacation thread if you haven't already. Time to get crack-a-lackin and booty-smaking ladies!

xoxoxoxoox

Good morning violets!

Well yesterday I went and bought a few workout clothes. I needed some of those sports bras thingys cause my shirt ends up over my head when I am trying to exercise. So now I am going today to find the biggest loser cardio DVD. They did not have it at wal-mart (so what else is new) so I am going to Frys or best buy to get it. Then it will be official, I will have no excuse after that other than sheer laziness.

I know the belly fat is a lost cause but may, just maybe I can get rid of the hanging chicken skin off these inner thighs. I have to if I want to wear a bathing suit in public.

So what do all of you have planned this weekend?

Good Morning, Violets.

Ethan is here until 1 so that about takes care of today! We were ging to go ice fishing later this morning, but DS called and wanted to know if we could babysit. Like we'd ever say no!!

Yesterday I got all the choir music set for the next two months. Then we went out to dinner at a chinese place. Note to self... buffets are a waste of money for me. The waitress said... "you no eat much?" Nope.. just a little of this and that and it amounted to about a cup. The bobster finished a whole plate. he definitely needs a fill!! I got all my Water in yesterday plus one glass. I LOVE my Crystal Light slushies!!

We went out to see National Treasure. Cute movie. Highly unbelievable, but cute anyway. This afternoon will be laundry. Tomorrow I have a singing rehearsal from 1-4 and then our pastor is taking the staff out for Epiphany dinner. The bobster and I will definitely split a meal. I've been perfect in eating habits for 4 days now. So glad to be back in the bandster groove. I'll weigh in tomorrow to see how it's working.

Michelle... let us know when you need the money for the trip in May. The bobster is excited about taking his sons to Gettysburg. I'll need to know details on where we meet and when so he can drop me off and continue on his adventure. This is gonna be so much fun!!!

I'm off to entertain Ethan and do some laundry.

Everyone have a great day!!

* What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.

Alexander Graham Bell

Okay the tip/quote/inspirations/etc will not happen over the weekend. I was thinking if we could get one more person we could have the 5 weekdays covered, if we get three more, then everyday of the week would be covered. Any takers??? If you take it you have first choice of your day!!

It is supposed to be warm this weekend!! So odd it was 10 Wednesday and 70 on Sunday? Wow!!!

Okay everyone have a great evening and weekend, and Suzie you have done a GREAT job of motivating me to drink more water!!!!

Jane

I volunteer for Sundays if that's ok??

Hey V's~

Woke up to rain! I love it since we don't get it a lot. My poor doggie Klaus lives outside. He is 140 pound Rottie, he has a porch and a bed...but he loves the rain and goes out to "play" in it!

Today is a mellow day. Gotta run some quick short errands and I think we are gonna be homebound most of the day. I want to cuddle up and read one of my new books! Gonna make spaghetti today!

Jen, thanks again for the wonderful Xmas gifts. I just took a shower w/ the wonderful soaps, got out and put on my fuzzy socks and jammies! I love it!

Everyone have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been going through some things. My Grandfather passed away before Thanksgiving, and then all the Holiday stuff, been busy.

I have been having some serious weight loss issues. I can't sem to break the 223 mark. I have been fluctuating between 223 and 226. I am in need of a fill. My last one was two and half months ago, and the past month I haven't felt much restriction. Could this be the culprit? I am so damn impatient lately with my weight loss. I know I should be proud of all that I have accomplished so far. I mean 67 ponds is no small feat. I think we have all have felt this one time or another.

Would someone please try to help me with this slump I am in, before I do some serious damage.

Thank you all.

Smyly... first of all my condolances on your Grandfather's passing.

Next up... you have done a super job.. look at how much you have lost!!! We all have... ahem... negative moments. Just check back a few posts and you'll see mine. It happens.. you learn and you keep moving forward. I go in for a fill once a month. There has only been once when I didn't think I needed one, but by the next month, I sure did. I don't think I will get one this month because I feel good restriction and I'm losing weight again. I just had to get my head in the right place. Luckily these Violet Sistas put it back on straight for me. Hopefully we'll do the same for you.

Fills are really important. When you need one, you need one! And when you think you've lost it, it's probably because your stomach shrinks when you lose weight and that makes the band looser. At least thats what my Doctor says. Once you hit your sweet spot, you'll not need fills as often. I've had 4 so far and know I will probably get a 5th.. (hmmmmmmm that doesn't sound right!!) before this journey is over. So hold your head up high, be proud, be Purple and make good food choices!! (this is as much for me as it is for you!! Typing the words gives me confidence too!)

P.S. I make a 4 hour one way trip to the doctor once a month whether I need a fill or not. He and I discuss how I'm doing and mutually decide what route would be best. He's just great and the staff is equally as wonderful. The drive is well worth it for the Bobster and me.

Good morning everyone

Man o man - the saga of my life continues. dbf forgot to mention that he is going to try to reduce his support because he is not making as much blah blah blah... sell your new bike you just had to get! anyway, other guy who i've mentioned got mad at me a while back and didn't talk to me, well we have been talking as friends and it was his birthday last night. I'm so sick from antibiotics and said I was not drinking... well I did have 2 since on my way out I got the court papers. I was purple from head to toe I was so hurt he didn't tell me. Anyhoo....other guy out of no where tells me that he is madly in love with me and wants to make it work and when I told him I was mental and had lots of issues, he said at least mine were alive (his dd's mother passed away this year, she was young and had a heart attack in her sleep)

What a mess! This guy is a great friend, and I met his family last night and they were the nicest bunch of italians and we had so much fun - but how can i do anything when my heart is somewhere else and I am working on my self improvement phase. I want to just enjoy for a short time, feel good about me...and take the compliments....

OK SO last nights NSV ... I wore the new jeans to work, my bff told me I should get the smaller size, but anyway, they are midrise so the tattoo was showing all night... another guy at work who has seen it an liked it kept coming over to see me last night and said how much he enjoyed looking at it and to wear the jeans next week when he works. NICE... now that is what I mean about boosting my self esteem!

Well, i'm drinking coffee and going to put the holiday boxes up in the attic and get ready for work, I'm there for the night.

Hope everyone is having a great day... Oh, warming up here too, dishwasher is thawed out this morning... YIPEE

Love you all

Hey Janie, I'll do a day :)

We were *suppose* to go get my rings sized, but I feel more sick than yesterday. It's hard to breathe, all the gunk in my lungs. I think we'll do it tomorrow.. if I feel better :eek:

Laura

i'm sorry you are getting worse, feel better!

My ear and head feel great today, but now I'm shitting my brains out and after my lunch time antibiotic now I want to thow up. ... TMI sorry... this is why I don't like to take antibiotics unless I am beyond the point of sick.

Well, I guess I'll be in Onderland in not time at this rate. I'm down 10lbs in a week

off to work, have a great night all

Well we went to Breakfast with my parents and Becky & Gary. My folks all but adopted her many, many years ago---now when there is something family, they get called just the same. Their kids were in Junior High before they figured out there was not any true relationship, that "Darling Grandma" was not really a blood Grandma!!!

Then Rick and I went to town, hit Hastings, bought some music, a couple of movies, and a couple of books, and some calendars. I realized that I did not have a 2008 calendar!!

Now we are at home vegging out---our snow storm is just rain at this point, but the wind is blowing, it is not nice out at all! Of course tonight is our company party! I am wearing khaki colored pants, and a black slinky feeling top with this swirled piping on the front yoke in a khaki color. Not fancy, this is casual! Oilfield service workers, are not dress up kind of guys for the most part! Several years ago, some of the office girls planned a "Prom"--they blew the party budget out of the Water, had all this stuff---and less than 20 couples showed up! We were in Texas during that party, but I doubt we would have gone!!

They have something different each year now, for years we had the same type of thing going on, everybody was given something, then they had drawings for lots of gifts, from small things---company caps and Tshirts---to big things---big screen TV's etc. The boss would draw a ticket # and the person with that ticket would go up and pick an envelope out of a big basket, and win whatever was written on the paper inside the envelope, then they would draw the next #.....so you never knew what was being given away, until they opened the envelope.

Then they began doing off the wall things, they ruined the decent set up.

Last year they gave away 1 thing A Harley Davidson. Each employee was given a chance, and then you could buy extras. The guy who won it, turned around and give it to his wife to raffle off for the Childrens Home she works at. Was nice, but it was over in a flash, and no one else got anything. Not sure what to expect tonight. Oh well, gotta go anyway!!

I did 10 minutes on my elliptical this morning before breakfast---I was mad, so I did it! We barely began watching how we eat again, and Rick is already down 10 pounds! I bet I have not lost 10 pounds in the last 6 months combined! NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I will keep working on it. Thinking purple!

Sorry to hear your ex is giving you more grief Jenn---maybe this is what it will take to allow you to release him from your life, he is now not messing with just you, but with your son. Sometimes we can do things for them that we cannot for ourselves. Hang in there.

Think I will go and do my nails for tonight. They need it anyway!

TTYL!!

Kat

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for you! Welcome to the ones...............YAY!!!!!!