Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Sorry no can do the kicking---my lazy bod might interpret it as exercise and expect it to be repeated!!!

Yeah-----hate it but we all go through the stages---and I wish it helped to know that is all it is, but when you are there, it is overwhelming.

We will be here when it passes though!!

I need to read back through some posts---got ahead of myself responding to Judy, and then lost where I was!!

Kat

And now for your final question: Who wants a swift kick in the butt? The line starts behind me. Is TracyK our resident kickass since she's doing so well or should it be Kat since she's got the lowest BMI? I'll take two swift kicks, Kat and TracyK! And anyone else who wants to join in kicking me, step right up. The more Violet energy I have in me the quicker I'll get off this plateau.

Ohhhh no WAY! No way will I be the resident ass kicker! (well, I will kick yours or anyone elses as long as I have permission ;) )

:o:):whip:

I barely even like to mention when i DO lose a pound because I do not want to hurt those that are plateauing. I can however give as much encouragement as I can. I know the old plateau is going to rear its ugly head to me at any time now!! I have been losing about 4 pounds a month for the past few months.

Judy-there is one really huge point you are failing to see....most of us started our lapband journey weighing alot more than you! That is why some of us has lost more weight than you, but, we still are not caught UP with you! It is true that the smaller we get the more difficult the weight is to come off. I wish you knew what an inspiration you have been to all of us. I do not think you have a clue as to how much you effect us! I understand the funk you are in. We all do! I understand that you need some space, just don't take yourself away from us cause we need you here, OK? ((((hugs))))

You know something...when I started on this journey I had told myself that my "goal" (meaning what I could live with) would be 180 something and I would be fine with that. My long term goal would be 165. Well, I am at 182 now and I am happy. Am I going to keep on keeping on? Sure! I wanna see what this band and I can achieve. I just always remind myself what my original goal was....and I am there. I am not going to get complacent cause that would be a disaster in the making. I have no clue why I just typed all that. But, that is what is in my head. Sometimes I think we are all really to hard on ourselves. Sometimes we just need to cut ourselves a little slack and look at what we HAVE accomplished. Can I get an AMEN??

At 6 months I hit a plateau, no matter what I did. Then I did the Atkins for a week, and pow.. and then since then, no diet, just eat whatever in my small quantities.. and weight loss picked back up. I'm losing average of 5lbs a week right now! WHOOT. I was afraid to point that out for fear of jinxing myself.. but I did hit that plateau for a while and it magically disappeared.

By the way...welcome to the new ladies...Shannon & Nancy!! (and anyone else my poor brain may have forgotten)

50 diets = 50 plateaus

Every diet known to man-kind. Every person who has ever dieted. All have the same thing in commmon. Plateaus. I gurantee it.

What it boils down to is, How bad do we want it? How stong are we? Do we have faith? Who is stronger, me or the diet? You know the answer. It's right there in your heart. Just remember you are not in it alone. We are all in this together and we WILL all make it. Some faster than others. Some on the slow boat. But we will all make it.

Tomorrow's another day and a fresh start.

Announcement: No Protein Powder was harmed in the making of my dinner tonight! :o

Dinner went a little something like this...

"Ring, Ring!"

"Hello?"

"Hi Honey! I'm almost home! Grab the kids & meet me @ Carrabba's!"

"Ok!"

<Drive to Carrabba's...>

<Order & EAT: 2 slices bread in EVOO w/spices, fried calamari (part of it), ceasar salad (split w/DD), almost ALL of a Rigatoni Martini chicken Pasta in a HUGE bowl.>

<Drive home & confess to Violets>

<Find willpower under the couch w/the dust bunnies; dust it off; put it on table where I can find it easily tomorrow morning, when I "try, try again">

G'night!

Tomorrow's a new day! If you can't splurge once in a while, what's the point of living? :o

Judy - Since Halloween, the fact that my doctor unfilled half of my fill on accident, through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, I haven't gained anything per say, but I haven't lost either!! We all hit these plateaus. It's the simple Murphy's Law of dieting of any sort, even with the Lap Band or the Gastric Bypass.

Guess what? You're human, just like the rest of us. We all falter, but we will not fail. We encourage each other to get up, dust off and move on.

Guess what? You'll falter again at some point. That's just the way it is in life...and you'll move past it once again.

Like Laura said, if you can't indulge a little, what's the sense in living?? Enjoy your food, respect your band, and indulge a little in life. Sure it may take a little longer to get to your goal but you won't feel so deprived and chances of you gaining it back (like we all have in the past) is a lot less.

I don't think that Terry made the WWJD bracelets because we expect you to be perfect Judy. From my perspective she made them because despite the fact that we all may falter, get discouraged, rant and rave, you're still here for us, encouraging us, motivating us to move past it and continue on. THAT is what makes you special! You're not judgmental of us, so why are you so judgmental of yourself?? I know why, because I do it to myself as well. I think we all do. It's so much easier to give the advice and encouragement than it is to follow it ourselves. Why? Because we're human and we enjoy food. So what? You weigh less than you did a year ago, and next year you'll weigh less than you did this year....

Ok off the soap box for me. I'm done. Now get your butt back here and post with us! :clap2:

Hello all! I went to the doctor (NP) and..., how should I say this....... I didn't get the warm fuzzies from her.. I was annoyed, she was a skinny little thing.. nice enough, but clearly not familiar with FAT PEOPLE... she took out .3cc's the amount of my last fill.

I went home and slept for 4 hours... I've had two glasses of milk and half a bowl of tomatoe soup........ I can tell the unfill helped ... as I drank my milk a lot easier than I had been able to.. (yes, even milk was gurlging back up if I drank it too fast) Although I haven't had any reflux.

Judy: You are pretty much at where I expect to come to a dead halt........ just like all those skinny people who struggle to lose 10 lbs...... you are now in that category. Don't beat yourself up.... your self imposed anal attitude has made you believe that you are a failure..... and we all know that YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!!! You are the hot sassy hot tubbing preachers wife, and I think YOU ROCK!

Tracy- I was wondering how your appointment went. Hope you still have luck with the unfill and losing. At least maybe you will start to fill better. I met the new assistant at my last appointment. I thought she seemed very nice but I kind of felt the same. She's awfully pretty and very skinny. At least Malley had a prior weight problem and knows where we are coming from. Maybe over time she will lighten up alittle.

Oh ya, and I need to quit comparing myself to my twin Violet TracyinKS! She's doing better than me and I kept beating myself up over it. Enough is enough. She looks damn good and that's that! :o

Ok, Ok, OK!!! I think you all rallied me out of the funk I was in. I rode the bike for 10 mintues and did the glider for 10 minutes and will do my toning exercises in the hot tub tonight so that will make my 30 minutes for the day. I am on my 10th glass of crystal light and I did not eat any sugar today. Actually didn't eat anything I shouldn't have. When I got hungry I nibbled on a piece of cheese and had a yogurt. I have a new resolve and I think I'm back on track. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU all. You're super Violet Vigilanties when the going gets tough.

We got our new little fireplace today and it looks perfect in the living room. Now we can bask in the glow of the sterno fire from the fake logs.... nothing but the best for this family!!

I'm going to watch some more of the Iowa results and then hit the hot tub. Everyone have a great evening and THANK YOU again from the bottom of my heart. You're the best!!

So far Pam, Kat, Suzie and I have agreed to do the tip of the day, should it be a tip of the week? Should one person be in charge of a week? Let me know, I am up for anything. My next question is it something that helps people? Or annoys them?

Have a good night!!!

Jane