Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

DAILY TIP!!!!

Add just one fruit or veggie serving daily. Get comfortable with that, then add an extra serving until you reach 8 to 10 a day.

Do we want to do this? So far Kat and Suzie have said they would like to. If so Kat can do tomorrow and Suzie the 3rd and from there I will make a more detailed calendar.

By the way today is

CUT THE CRAP DAY!!!!!! WHAT AN APPROPRIATE DAY!!!!!!

where has the day gone??????????

We took a drive and paid the balance of the wedding hall.... I need another day off :party:

I'm making a hamburger/potatoe/onion Soup the guys are eating a lasagna and texas garlic toast.... it is a real good thing I CAN'T! :party:

I must have missed something. 8-10 veggie servings a day? There's no way I'd be able to do that. I barely get 900c a day unless I am drinking liquid calories. I do drink v-8, that's only 1 serving isn't it?

Well, I'm sooo sick. I haven't been sick since pre-band so I forgot how miserable it is. Just wanted to say Happy New Year to ya'll before I go back to bed. And realized being sick if a food trigger for me. I want all kinds of crap. I had DH go to the store and get me funyuns, munchems, and 3 different gatorades. In 3 hours, I had 2 funyuns, a few munchems and 2 sips of gatorade. I want to eat so bad, I want all kinds of bad stuff, but the band says NO. I'll thank her later, but for now it just makes me feel worse. Waaah. No meds I'm taking seem to be doing crap for me. I'm watching "Intervention" marathon in bed.

So yeah, got up to check e-mail and say Happy New Years to you guys!

Make sure you eat a bite of Hoppin Johns for good luck in '08!

Pam, Terri & Tracy, sounds like nice NYEs' you had!

I am cooking the peas & cabbage right now. Tracy-you are not the only one who has a hopping scale, I am so glad it is a new year! Mine will officially start tomorrow.

I need to wake up dd. She has been waking up at 2:00 AM every morning for some reason, the last thing she needs to be doing is sleeping right now!

Have a great night sistas!

Just got back from the neighbors. Went over there to play cards with the kids and ended up drinking 3 margarita's.

Is tequila a vegetable. I hope so. I could get in 8-10 of those a day.

We played a game called Phase 10. It was a lot of fun but very long.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Holiday. Tomorrow it's back to the losing side of life.

Just got back from the neighbors. Went over there to play cards with the kids and ended up drinking 3 margarita's.

Is tequila a vegetable. I hope so. I could get in 8-10 of those a day.

We played a game called Phase 10. It was a lot of fun but very long.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Holiday. Tomorrow it's back to the losing side of life.

Sorry about the double post. It didn't go so I clicked it again.

Happy New Year, my Beautiful, Wonderful Violets!!!

It's a brand-spankin' new year full of hope & promise... I'm so glad I met you all last year... and will spend the WHOLE year this year w/you all... through the good, the bad, the ugly... whatever comes our way... I'm here w/you all through it all!!!

AND... I get to meet my Vi's this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND... This is the LAST year in my life that "LOSE WEIGHT" will be a resolution!!

:party:

We had a fabulous time last night... really, really great! DH & I haven't had fun like that in YEARS -- I kid you not!

We went to the hotel around 3pm, napped, got ready... then were picked up by a stretch SUV limo!... & whisked off to the party. So much fun... the time flew by... drank cranberry & vodkas, too, Pam!... several!... was fun to be "tipsy" (but no hang over!)... noshed on yummy appetizers... just the right size for being banded!... and mostly played Blackjack w/our "funny money" in the Monte Carlo area... DH won, I lost... you got raffle tix w/your chips & I got only 4! ha ha! but it was fun & took most of the night... danced after that... champagne toast... then another limo back to the hotel and... well... let's just say we "rang" in the new year, shall we?? :party:

Here are a couple pics...

Picture049.jpg

Picture061a.jpg

Well, I'm sooo sick. I haven't been sick since pre-band so I forgot how miserable it is. Just wanted to say Happy New Year to ya'll before I go back to bed. And realized being sick if a food trigger for me. I want all kinds of crap. I had DH go to the store and get me funyuns, munchems, and 3 different gatorades. In 3 hours, I had 2 funyuns, a few munchems and 2 sips of gatorade. I want to eat so bad, I want all kinds of bad stuff, but the band says NO. I'll thank her later, but for now it just makes me feel worse. Waaah. No meds I'm taking seem to be doing crap for me. I'm watching "Intervention" marathon in bed.

So yeah, got up to check e-mail and say Happy New Years to you guys!

Make sure you eat a bite of Hoppin Johns for good luck in '08!

I'm in bed too Laura...although I wish I could eat! Just the sound of food or liquids makes me nauseated. I'm sure I'm dehydrated, but I can barely get anything down without feeling sick. No diarrhea today, but I'm sure it's because I haven't eaten anything since day before yesterday. I hope it's just the stomach flu and not my band. I've been extra gassy, nauseated, diarrhea, and my tummy is grumbling like crazy. My kitty was laying next to me and when my tummy grumbled it scared him away!

How ironic, I'm laying here watching the Intervention marathon too. These shows always make me cry....they hit so close to home with my daughters in the past, my brother and other family members and friends....

Ok, back to sipping propel....hope you feel better soon Laura!

Hey Vi's~ Thank God Christmas is only once a year, other wise I'd never put the tree and all the crap up. I am sooo tired and all after noon Susanne kept saying "next year we are going to hawaii." She says that every year, but then around late Nov. she gets excited about xmas.

The guy kinda finished the garage today! It looks good and we painted it light yellow. Gonna have a slate gray floor, and slate gray cabinets (I love Closet World)...it will look nice! I can't believe what the garage looks like now...soooo different! We've been in this house since July 1980 and the whole time it was unfinished. I guess when my single mom was raising two kids, a finished garage was NOT a priority.

Susie~ I vote that tequilla be made an official vegetable. Anyone else?

Michelle~WOOHOO...good for you ringing in the New Year proper! You looked beautiful! So, what did hubby say when he say you? Did you do the panties trick? We want details! Just the "g" rated ones of course. :)

Laura and Denise~ WTH??? Starting off the New Year under the weather...no es bueno! Feel better soon ladies. I don't know what Intervention is (although the name kinda gives it away).

Gotta go make Susanne sit down for a while. We've been running all day and she has to leave at 2 am again. But she'll be back Friday afternoon for the weekend!

Happy Happy New Year Sistas! I am still thinking about what to name the band. And yes Jane, I want to play...but what does it have to be "weight loss" related...or could we just give a suggestion for a way for us to spoil or take care of ourselves. Perhaps if you post another explanation more people might want to play (participate). I am still a bit unclear too.

xoxoxooxxoxoxooxox

Hey girls----Happy 2008 to you all!

We had a blast! Saw lots of old friends, and danced the night away! Rick is sometimes a bit iffy about dancing, but he told me "I thought this is what you wanted to do" and we danced all night. Sometimes I forget how much I love snuggling close to him and looking into his eyes! I too had a bit too much to drink----enough that the bright white of the monitor kept me away from the computer all day!!! And my grandson come over today, and threw a wall eyed fit, and ended up making himself throw up----that almost had me joining him!!!

Now I feel pretty good, but it is going to be an early night, we were up til early morning! All day long though, we look at each other and say what a good time we had!

Sorry Denise and Laura--hate that you are sick!!! Sounds to me like a virus Denise...I have never heard of the band causing bowel issues once the liquid in - liquid out phase.

Michelle you looked beautiful! Well you always do, but you glowed, as you should have with limo's and ball gowns!!!

Me I wore jeans!!! Tight jeans! Jeans that felt like I looked good in them! And a silky black/white/gold print top, with a black lace border, and a deep V neck, and black boots. I have to say it was a night of NSV's. I saw people I hadn't seen in awhile, the compliments were ego boosting for sure! But the biggest thing I noticed, was dancing with Rick, he would rub his hand up my back, and I didn't flinch thinking he was feeling the fat rolls. Instead I felt sleek in the top! And he would wrap his arms around me for a kiss following the dance, and I felt like I fit in there---custom made---didn't feel like he was stretching to get his arms around me anymore. I was not worried about being the biggest woman there, I was not worried about people looking at me when we went out onto the dance floor! A few times we were even the first ones out there! My friends it was an eye opening, heart opening night. I celebrated my smaller fanny off!!

2 years ago, I could not ever conceive the thought of feeling normal, and sexy again in this manner. I love my Billy Bandass Band!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela--glad your dinner ended up being worth it! I would have been shocked too! Sounds like you danced for your exercise yesterday too!!!

I will be glad to do the daily tip---when it is my turn don't forget to remind me! LOL

I agree, that they not only need to be about diet per se, but to be about bettering our lives,and our health.

Isn't someone going to monitor our Water too??? I did lots of tea today--rehydrating!!! My first one reactivated my whiskey though!! Oh my......lol!

Well I am off to a bubble bath once I check off my email. Will be back to see all of you in the morning!

2008--let's make it great!!

Kat

Pamela, yes, I'm green with envy over all the changes you and Susanne are making to your home. Isn't she retiring fairly soon? My husband is retiring March 31st and is excited about the time he'll have to pursue his many hobbies.

Laura and Denise, I'm sending a purple power healing hug to you in hopes you'll be feeling better soon, soon, SOON! :sick

Michelle, BEAUTIFUL! And could you please take a close-up photo of your necklace? I love jewelry and was trying to imagine how the rubies and amethysts looked together. And from India! Lucky, girl!

All other wonderful Violet Friends, did you see Biggest Loser this evening? A different concept this season with there being ten teams of two-people, all but one of them related or friends. B4 your lapband, would you have had someone you would have wanted to take with you to Biggest Loser? I would have wanted to take my mother who at 83 is in remarkably good health for her age but is overweight. She was 168 which I know sounds light, but she's only 4'10" tall. The doctor put her on a low sugar diet six months ago because she was almost diabetic, and by cutting way back on (almost off of) sugar, she's lost 20 pounds. I'm proud of her, but I think it would have been fun to go to a camp like this with her. And which trainer would you have picked if you could as they could in tonight's episode? I would definitely want to pick Bob. :eyebrows: What a hottie!

love to all!

Cindy