Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oh yeah,

I've been meaning to say Welcome Nancy!!! Another west coaster! Your in Oregon right? Denise and I were lonely being the only violets on the left side of the country! And on behalf of the violets...we are glad your here! Jump in...

Pamela--I want the recipe!!! I am always on the lookout for something new to fix. I feel sometimes like I am in a rut, cooking the same thing day in and day out!

We are going with our friends to a local club for NYE. We will actually go to my parents, they do a party every year, My Dad makes Posole. A mexican stew like dish with hominy, and pork. They do it as an open house, and have usually in the neighborhood of 80 people through the evening. We counted the other day and this will be the 28th year he has done it! Then we will leave there about 8:30 and go to our party!

Years ago there was this Country bar, here called the Country Palace. They brought in name bands, and had a HUGE crowd all the time. The couple that ran it were originally from Nashville, they had lots of connections. It was nothing unusual to be sitting there on a weekend night, and hear a commotion, and someone famous would walk in and do a set and leave! Charlie Daniels showed up one night we were there, Moe Bandy another night...remember this is years ago!!! Joannie, the wife did a stint as a Cher double! She sounded like her--has similar bone structure. Then she began showing signs of COPD type of illness. So they leased the business, but it went down hill drastically. So they sold it, it was a series of bars, a strip club, a furniture store---all kinds of things.

Well Joannie had a double transplant---lungs---and they are throwing a NYE party! All the old band members are returning, several of the featured singers they used to bring in will be there as well. It is a limited number of people---but we are included! Should be a blast from the past!

A good opportunity to rub bellies with my honey anyway!!! We used to go dancing all the time---not so much anymore.

She is only able to do it now, that NM has made it illegal to smoke inside any business.

I have to find me a new pair of black pants to wear tomorrow! I looked tonight, but shopping with men in tow is not worth the effort!!! Will go with Becky tomorrow!

Not holding any hope that I will look as hot as Michelle!!!

Well I am going to go surf for awhile---Rick is watching the game, I am listening.

BBL~~

Kat

WOOO YOU GUYS!!!!

I'm at the lowest size ever.. my size 19 jeans are too big already! YAY! Well, and BOO cause I can't afford to buy all new jeans every week, so I'm belting them.

Anyway, was on Victoria's Secret website looking at clothes for ideas for that game I make clothes in...

And they are having a sale and had some SUPER CUTE sweaters. I was like gah those are so nice, and so cheap.. And they had some sweaters that tie close-- V270132.jpg ONLY $19!!!

So anyway, just for kicks I looked up their sizing chart. According to their chart, I can wear their XL! OMG! NO WAY! Never in my life!!! I had to double check my measurements.. sooooo.. I bought 2 of these in 2 different colors. I called my mom, I was so excited. Hopefully their sizing chart is accurate, I can't believe *I* can wear sexy Victoria Secret clothes..

Up early this morning, don't know why since I was up late last night. We went next door for a wii party and had a blast. Problem was I had about 5 margarita's so I can't figure out why I'm awake.

The last couple of days I have noticed some swelling in my legs. I'm wondering if it is from some ham I had at Christmas. So I decided to take 2 Water pills when I got up. So no sense in trying to go back to sleep. I'll be up every hour going. Later today I'll just curl up in the recliner and take a nap. Need to get this swelling down. I have weigh-in tomoorow.

The other day ta Wal-Mart I bought a Christmas sweater. I bought it several sizes smaller thinking that next year it would fit. Now I'm wondering if it might be to big next year. I hope so. Wouldn't that be great.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning violets...

I really don't have anything planned for New Years Eve. I have to work and dss and dsd are coming over today so they will be with us for the new year! First time they have slept at the new place and they are excited.

Macy has been with my sister this weekend and she called me last night saying macy said her "cheek" hurts and was crying for me. Broke my heart! I think it is her ear. I am waiting for my sis to call me this morning to let me know how it went last night. Last time I talked to her she had given her some ibuprofin and ice cream :) and all was well. I hope it is not anything like an ear infection. The dr is probably closed until the 2nd.

Went to wal-mart yesterday and got some 12/14 cotton pants (elastic waist) got home and put them on and was drowning in them. I know that cotton and elastic=bigger than normal but it was just the idea of exhanging an artical of clothing and getting a size with a single digit in it. I got 8/10 and they fit perfectly. Wow....the only single digit things I have ever worn is my rings and my shoes. Huge NSV for me! Back up to 184 today but that is not bad considering I ate WELL last night. DH and I went to a steakhouse and I had a ribeye, salad and some sweet potato.

Laura-I love that VS top! Congrats on the new size! Maybe I will go look at the stuff on their website :thumbs_up:

Pamela-I like the bigger font you use, I can actually read it with no squinting!

Suzie-that happened to me. I had an outfit in the closet (never worn) that I was dying to get into and I had to bring it to my mom the other day to take up because it is way too big now. Great feeling!

Kat-sounds like a great NYE party you are going to. Can I go? :present:

I bought an exercise ball yesterday (you know the big ones that you can sit on and lay on?) It comes with a DVD and I am going to start the new year out correctly and see if maybe these little fat wrinkles on my upper inner thighs will go away.

I can tell I am just rambling now so I will go finish my coffee now and see what the TV says we have in store as far as weather is concerned. We have an auditor coming tomorrow to work to do year end inventory with us. Needless to say I plan on getting to work about 5:30 or 6 in the morning to get things as straight as possible before they arrive. Someone just shoot me now....

I just spent the last half hour going back over the beginning of this groups postings. What a hoot. It's amazing how far everyone has come. I was reading the post from Tracy from her first day home from surgery. How she stopped at Wal-Mart for her meds and walked around. My hubby wouldn't stop for anything, had to get me home. He went back out and got my meds. I was also one who didn't take the pain meds. I have a very high pain tolerence. So nurses were kinda freaky about it also. I did have 2 doses of antibiotics. I was running a high fever. (shhhhh-due to a cold I caught 2 days before. I didn't tell anyone about it because I didn't want my surgery cancelled. Don't tell anyone, our secret).

Good Sunday Morn, Vi's~~

Another day of lounging around w/no specific plans... this is almost getting old!! (remind me I said that when I'm back to "crazy" regular life!)... Thank you all again for the wonderful comments... :)

Laura -- I checked out the B&A thread and WOWZA -- you're looking fabulous!! Love that sweater, too!

Someone is calling for me... bbl...

OMG Laura you are amazing... and so cute.

looking at b&a pics was just what I needed

I have a hard time with shakes because I'm usually running and hate the cups all over. so i'm going to make sf pudding and put my Protein Powder in there and have that for meals. I'm so stressed I can't eat much and what i can is not the best. Tuesday is a new day. I wish i could find my best before pic from when i was 160, it didn't even look like me and that is where i want to be ultimately - and I'm going there.

Well, going to drink some coffee and wake up a bit more

This house is a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The scale was kind as it didn't go up from the popcorn yesterday.........

I have bought a couple things from VS that weren't bras.. the sweater I bought runs a bit small, and the swim suit I bought over the summer in a size 12 actually fits me now... (I took some pics last night... the top half looks good, as it has a built in underwire bra... but the bottom......... well that's why I will always wear swim shorts.. my legs look horrid......... DH walked in while I was messing with the self timer and this morning he told me that the swim suit was.......... nice...... LOL meaining he like my boobs in it! :)

post-208811-13813136134577_thumb.jpg

Ok ladies.

here is my question I need some guidance on. I have my gift card for JC Penny that I am going to use tomorrow. I just looked at the size chart. I can squeeze into a 16 but an 18 would be a bit big which I knew.... A Jr. 19 would comfortably fit me like an 18misses and a Jr. 15 would compare to a Misses 14.

where should I shop? what should I do... get the 14's and set them aside? Can I really lose 3 inches in my waist to have them fit? Does that make sense to do? Hang them up and give me something to work towards? Should I get 1 pr that fits me now? I just don't know what i should do. I know they will eventually fit me.

Maybe I'll try on some 16's to see which jeans I like and then get them in the 14's?

HELP?

Congrats on the size 12 suit. I am going to get a new one for our trip in May... Hopefully I'll deserve one by then. I'm wearing a 16 I bought from old navy that fit me for a very short time, but is good for Water aerobics.

Tracy - sweet... i just got the pic... my puter is slow today... I love it... My black one is very similar... but that looks awesome on you :)

Tracy-what a cute swimsuit!!

Jenn-I would get something to hang up and fit into as a goal...but, thats just me.

I am gonna go look at B&As...then go get my dd, dsd and dss. Take care......

My goodness there was a lot to catch up on this morning!!!!!

First of all, MICHELLE...DAHLING!!! You look MAHVELOUS!!! As everyone said, that dress looks like it was made just for you!! Absolutely gorgeous and shows off all your beautiful curves! My curves only show when viewing from the side :) You are stunning! What jewelry will you wear?? (Me, the jewelry geek, y'know) Kat had a great idea about whispering to your hubby about not wearing panties...but she had the timing wrong! You tell him as soon as you walk in the door of the party so he can fantasize all night long! LOL A friend of mine one time was out to dinner with her boyfriend. She had bought a very sexy lacy panty and when she got back to the table, she dropped them in his lap. HA! Now, frankly doing it at the dinner table kinda grosses me out... but he was happy!

Lesbos do Lowe's....LOL Pammy, you always crack me up. Ew, sounds like you've got tons of work to do!! I'm definitely in slug mode today.

TracyK - 8/10???????????????? I can't even imagine!!! You must be ecstatic. I don't think I've been in a size 8 since I was in 4th grade. (Seriously) Of course, I weighed the same as my daugnter (5'7" and 125#) when I got married. She wears a size 5....and at that time I wore a size 11!!! Huh??? I must be all blubber.

Kat - Thanks for the encouragement about teen daughters. I swear she has changed into a different animal in the last 3 months. OMG. Times like these I'm actually glad she lives most of the time with her Dad. We'd kill each other.

TracyKS - Girlfriend you do have some sweet knockers!! ...and I LOVE the new avatar!! You get more beautiful with each passing week!!!

Well, I'm hitting the beading table today. Damn! I made a necklace yesterday that would be almost perfect with Michelle's dress! Anyone need a 'romantic' antique pearl necklace?? I don't need it, I just enjoyed making it. I'll post a pic. You can have it for free if you will enjoy it! Didn't cost much to make at all.