Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy-have fun at the movies and know that Pamela has the nanner boobies ready for you when you get to wonderland (tomorrow?!)

I was thinking "Oscar" for my band. Either it or I am a weiner. But once I lose the weight, "Everyone will be in love with me".

Got up and went to Curves to work out. Now I'm sitting here drinking a slim-fast. Sis nad her hubby bought us a Home Theater System for Christmas so I have been busy clearing off the entertainment center and moving furniture around. Gonna try and get it all hooked up today. Would like to get it done before this evening. Next door neighbors are having a Wii party tonight and I feel a whoop-a#@ coming on. Gonna beat the boys at bowling. :rolleyes:

Everyone have a great day.

Well I'm up. Can't say much more than that, but I'm up!!

My neighbors are the nicest people, a little, no a LOT eccentric, they are high functioning alcoholics. They drink a huge amount, and do it every single day. They drink Coors Light like I drink tea. Then they go on to Scotch & Water. I mean like my iced tea glasses filled with ice, then scotch, and the last inch or so is water! This is both sets of neighbors to my north. One set owns an Optical shop, and the other are retired. They invite us over all the time, and we go on occasion, we enjoy them, we just don't drink with them! They have invited us in to the game tonight. They have the most amazing "Fun House" they call it. They have the hot tub on the porch of the fun house, and a Sauna built inside. All redwood, and secured from the rest of the house. Room for easily 6 people. Then in the main part of the place is a pool table, with all the pub tables and chairs, complete with the notched holders for your cues. The pool table is done in a burgundy felt, and the house is all done in butter yellow, with browns and the burgundy highlights, it is gorgeous!! Then the kitchen is fully functional, has a full bar (surprise!!!) stocked like it is a business I swear! And off of the kitchen area are these totally cool set of burgundy love seats...and it is floor to ceiling oak shelves full of books! She has it artfully arranged....and these are most of them hard back first edition books, and she has no issue with me reading them all! There is an area for darts (they both have trophies for darts!), there is a shelf like table along a back wall with what looks like shuffle board markings, it is some sort of game, not sure what. They have an oak game table that matches the pool table in the corner, with all the poker chips, and a shelf full of games.

I would never leave, I could live in the place, but the amount of alcohol causes me to have panic attacks. The smell of the hard liquor is one of my remaining triggers. Add to that, that they all smoke---and we have both been quit for a long time---it gets to be overwhelming. They work really hard to keep things comfortable for me.

So the reason for all this....I really love my neighbors. But the ones 2 doors down just brought me a late Christmas present...a 6 pack box of scrumptious smelling Cinnabons. Think it is in poor taste to throw them in the hot tub???!!! I told Rick if he has anyone running for parts this direction to come and get the damn things!!

The neighbor right next door, she and I have a thing going, with Christmas. Several years ago we were talking, and discovered we both loved to grow the Christmas Amaryliss flowers. So since then, each year, as soon as they hit the stores, I buy her one, she buys me one, and we grow them, gift done!!!

So as I sit here typing I smell the cinnamon rolls......and they smell so good, but the PB they would surely cause is not worth it!!! I have not tried them, but they would have to be worse than the glazed donut I ate that one time that caused such a horrible PB!!! Yech!

I put them in the microwave, it keeps the smell in there, and I am not so tempted!

TracyK---melting girl!!! I was really joking, no belly dancing in my future either!!! Maybe after they remove all the skin, I can dance around it like the Mexican Hat dance!!

Judy it has not snowed anymore here, but the cold is still pervasive, and not allowing any of ours to melt. Pipes have froze all over town. We are breaking records with our cold temps. It has not made it to the double digits yet! My stove needs the ash cleaned out, but I have not let the fire go down enough to do it, it is too cold!!

Pamela---how is the back? I found I just do better with less fill. I am afraid of the PB'ing. I have restriction, just nothing like you have had, and like TracyKS does. I can only eat a portion of what I did before--but I can still eat pretty much anything (NO CINNABONS!)--and unfortunately I am doing just that lately!!! I am ready for a new beginning too!!!

Terry---Big hugs! I remember teenage daughters well. Manda was a pleasure overall until she turned 17---I could not believe the change in her!!! I told everyone, that many years before when she began Kindergarden I cried the first day because she was going to school, and cried the 2nd day because they only kept her half a day! Then when she turned 17 I cried one day because she was almost grown and gone, and cried the next day because she was not gone yet!!!

Shopping with her, was a nightmare! She had champagne taste with my beer pocketbook. She did not wear Walmart! She pouted, and then was angelic, in nothing more than a lame ass attempt to appease Mom into doing things her way and her getting what she wanted! Manipulation at her best!!! Good news....she did grow up into a beautiful, caring, giving, Walmart wearing woman!!!

Abey, on the other hand would not be caught dead wearing what Manda wore. She preferred to drag me to the thrift shops in the worst parts of town, where she would make me crazy! She would pick up a hat, not knowing where it had been, and slap it on her head, and then if I said anything she was offended, and I was a snob! She walked around looking like something the cat dragged in!

The son was easier....somewhat. Not any cheaper, but easier. If it was black and had skulls he didn't much care where it come from. The issue with him, was $70.00 pants, that I would find on his best friend within days of shelling out the cash!

So Terry----to you and all the other Violet Mommies, and teacher of teens--------BLESS YOU!!!

Kat

Well this is Walgreens. They told me they had to run the videos and it would have to wait till today when some other manager was working. So I just called to check up, the girl said they are checking the videos today and will call me back.

The guy BAGGED them. So at some point he had to see- hey, here's some bagged smokes I forgot to give to someone. Maybe I'll tell my manager because they'll likely be calling. But no, seems the kid was an idiot and didn't tell them anything. The cameras better have some good angles to show he bagged it seperately and I didn't get that bag.. hopefully show him picking up that bag and doing something with it. I'm so irrate. They are acting like I'm a thief, when it's their idiot employee who ripped me off. If they handled it better, it'd be ok, but the way they're talking.. they think I'm lying and I'm not getting another carton of cigarettes.

$40 smokes, I'm not letting this go.

Hey Vi's~~

It's Saturday! It feels like it's been Saturday every day this week! LOL!

Went out w/a gf last night to an italian place... had crab dip, 2 rasberri-tinis, and eggplant parm... was able to eat ALL of it!!... think I need a fill much?? I've had so many fills I've lost count! I'm scheduled for next Fri. When will I hit my "sweet" spot?? So today I'm *TRYING* to do just shakes... I feel like an addict in withdrawal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I may just stay up in my room reading & napping all day just to get through it... the first day is the worst, right??

On the positive side of life... my NYE dress arrived today!! And I tried it on and it FITS LIKE A GLOVE!! It's an 18/20!! Amazing! I am now going to attempt to post a couple pics of me just now trying it on... if it doesn't work, then I'll do what I always do... e-mail them to TracyKS & have her do it!! LOL! But I'll try. Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

I still need to get shoes (w/at least a 2" heel) + a mani & pedi on Monday + I'll have makeup on + jewelry... Now that I can post a pic (oh my... watch out girls!!) I will post some of DH & I together on NYE when we're both all dolled up!!

What other pics can I post now??? This opens up a whole new world of self-entertainment!! he he he!

kat -that house sounds Amazing. While I was in the mental pre-planning stages of surgery, (which was over a year for me) I gave up coors light. My neighbor and best friend drank coors light like it was Water - then we would hit the hot tub and drink for hours more. It is no wonder how I am functioning in life.

Well, my hair is colored, eyebrows are waxed enough to get me by until I get to my girl. I use to do hair until I was in a horrible car accident so now I just do my own, but have the best girl in the world who cuts it and does my brows. She use to color me too, but I heavy blonde highlights (can you imagine) and I wanted to to go dark and she didn't think it was a good idea...

Needless to say, I get my hair cut after I color it every month and every time she tells me how much she loves it... go figure. it is 1/2 way down my back and I get it cut every month and 2 years ago January it was 1" long all the way around. I don't know what I was thinking at that time, and I never got it cut.

Anyway, going to meet my friend for lunch before work to share silly stories - have a great night all

Michelle

You are beautiful and you deserve to shine at your party.

Michelle, you look so beautiful in that dress, and it is so flattering on you! Thanks for posting the photo for us all to oogle.

Only other personal for now: Judy, thanks for feeding my snow addiction! Have I told y'all that I love me some snow?!?

Counting down 'til Val-David, Canada, (3 weeks from TODAY!)

Cindy

PS: Michelle, WOW!!! If I knew how to do nanna boobies I'd sure be sending them your way! That dress is perfect for you and on you! Lookout hubby!

Thanks, everyone!!!

Even I can't believe how good it looks!!

I have CURVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle--you look stunning!!!

I have a suggestion! Do NOT let DH see you until the night! Make his eyes bug!! Get your make up on, your heels, and make a Cinderella appearance. Watch him sit up and take notice.

Or you could lean over and whisper to him just before midnight that you have on no panties---and really make him sweat!! Sorry, I always hear of people doing that! Someday....gonna shock the hubby!!!

Girl strut your stuff, you look wonderful!!!!!!

Kat