Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura

My best friend just got a script for that. she is starting it on the 7th. It said to pick a day an start then. So she didn't even want to fool herself which i think is good, so starting Monday after the new year and she is very excited about it.

Good luck to all you smokers who want to quit. I did it 13 years ago when I was preg and it was only easy for me because I was so sick, but failed all the times i tried before that.

hey you gals in Huston... keep your fingers crossed I'll get the job... I'll be down there soon... and yes i'm driving!

Well, I wanted to lose weight & quit smoking to have a kid. I didn't have faith in myself to lose weight & quit smoking at the same time. I've got good restriction and if I don't keep the CRAP in my house, I don't eat it. I feel like I'm in control now.. so now time to stop smoking. We got $800 in cash for Xmas.

I told DH we need to order it online, its $105 to buy it at the store with RX and $70 at least for doctor (each) our insurance won't pay for smoking stuff. So.. it's $150 per person if I order it online.. little cheaper. So we were spending Xmas cash to get it, but then he said we need glasses first (his are like 3 years old). so just made an appt. across the street. It's going to be so expensive, YET AGAIN insurance doesn't pay for anything. BCBS sucks. It's $64 per exam, $75 for contact exam for him (he wore contacts when we met, he was so handsome.. then he got wire glasses at some point which I don't like.. and he likes me in glasses, but I wanted to get contacts... so he's getting contacts and I'm staying in glasses.. ah love).. and then my frames are like $120 + LENSES.. which are ridiculously expensive, and I don't know cost of contacts.. in any event, there goes all our Xmas money :)

And we're going to wait till end of January after I get my commission check to buy Chantix. Hopefully I can stop smoking, keep losing weight, and by Xmas 08 I will tell you guys how I'm prego :)

Good for you laura - what great goals and taking one day at a time to do them.

i'm off to pay my mtg...then to work... but at least that is 1 think i can relax about

Laura-I have a Rx for it. I am going to get it filled some time next week probably. Expensive little suckers! I am not going to set s specific quit date until I start taking it.

We can do this!!!

hey you gals in Huston... keep your fingers crossed I'll get the job... I'll be down there soon... and yes i'm driving!

all my fingers & toes are crossed!!!

I too have been in that I can eat anything mode for about 3 days now. Thinking that all I have to do is just do Water and slim fast for a day or 2 and I'm back on track. Why is it that we think it's ok to just eat what ever we want and it's ok? I would think by now I would know I can't do that. It's not good for me and it's not a good thing for me to keep thinking. Is it that I think since it's New Years that I can just start on the first. I need to get it straight in my head that it's what got me to the band and I need to change and get rid of that old bad habit.

New Years resolution for Suzanne. 1- Stop being so hard on herself. Realize that you are just human. 2- Keep up the good exercise routine. 3- Drink more water, and drink more water.

Driving in the snow doesn't bother me. It's when I get some A-hole behind me that wants to push me along. Well, he can just go around. I have front wheel drive with traction control so I do feel a little safer with that. Weird, I grew up in L.A. so actually snow was new to me. But I love it here.

Do we have any birthdays in January?

Snow is very new to me! This is only the 10th time I've ever been in it. I was born and raised in FL and moved to Oregon.

I drive a small car (vw bug named Lola.. lime green) and when I do have to drive in the snow I freak out!

And that eating thing...... I'm on a mission to get all the junk out before it jumps in my mouth.

It was a salad and tuna with no dressing for me today.

All you snow bunnies be careful out there....

nancy

hoping to find the wagon again soon.

Good luck Jen!!!

Just got back from eye folks.. $700 for me to get glasses and DH to get contacts. That's with a 25% discount. Talk about hosing people ;)

Laura-- That seems awfully high for glasses. My last pair I got about 4 months ago was only $119.00 and that was with the exam. Hubby had lazer surgery on his eyes years ago so that is saving us some money.

It's kind of like when you go to get tires or something. Next thing you know they have added on all the extras. Same with glasses. They try to get you to get tinting-scratch proof and on and on. It adds up.

Tracy--- 2007 was especially good to you and I know 08 is going to be just as good. You look awesome. That's a hoot, the two of you in the pants. Keep up the excellent work.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: