Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Somebody call the police! Denise made out like a bandit! WOW!

Pamela, the 'Twas the Night B4... was perfect; thanks for thinking of us. And speaking of PBing??? On a glass of milk this afternoon!!! Guess my band is really working, huh?

Laura, hope you're enjoying your computer-free time @ home for Christmas.

TracyK, your story of dd's Christmas morning was so sweet. These moments in these days with children are so special. Store up those precious memories...and then you can tease her when she becomes an adult! Well, at least that's what my mom does to me. :-)

A bodybug: What to go, Michelle!

2lbs this week, Judy! Great! That angel charm is just a good dose of X-Lax away (oops, too much info, I guess).

Who hasn't checked in yet? Haydee, Susie, TracyinKS, Kat, Terry, Jenn? Love to all--named and unnamed,

Cindy

Well Violets I found you. Thanks for the invite. Hope all has had a happy and merry day.

Oh the Twas the night before Christmas was very cute. I had to read it out loud for Bruce to hear. LOL Thanks .

Well Violets I found you. Thanks for the invite. Hope all has had a happy and merry day.

Oh the Twas the night before Christmas was very cute. I had to read it out loud for Bruce to hear. LOL Thanks .

Welcome, Nancy!! Woooooooo hooooooooooo another Violet joins the ranks!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA for a long while -- work has been crazy, and getting everything done for Christmas -- wheewwww. It was all worth it!

And to be honest - I have been a little discouraged in the weight loss dept.

My last fill was over 60 days ago and the doctor thought that would be it – I was at my sweet spot per him-(he could only get .4cc’s in). Well I was TIGHT – yes I said it, and will say it again – it is so much easier to eat JUNK when you are to tight.

So since 10/24th time frame – I haven’t lost any weight. I decided 12/10ish – I can eat to much – things I couldn’t eat previously – Prime Rib, Steak, potatoes, rice, bread, big salads – and everything else (maybe not in the quantities I used to – but definetly more than a LB girl should be ABLE to… So my choices 12/20 or 1/31 to get a fill – I decided 12/20 – went, gained 1.4 lbs in 63 days.

I made the mistake of eating bacon and Tomato and lettuce off a sandwich right before I entered. Well he said – no, no liquids only on fill days in the future. Looking at the xray – says I am TIGHT. I said I can eat …, he checks, all my Fluid is there. He has me drink and drink to flush my pouch, and says he can’t get no more in there. He said that looks like the food is backing up in my esophagus and is amazed that I am not throwing up. I IMMEDIATELY ask (and I do each visit) have I stretched the pouch- he says no. I SHOULD have asked If the band has slipped-but didn’t think of that, till my husband said it. I have to go back in 2 weeks or when I can get in– but I am looser now than ever. I am sure I have gained 8 lbs just in the last 5 days.

So that is my story – struggling not to gain – making very bad food choices with Christmas here and needing to get back to exercising.

Looks like I will be dieting my whole life – due to the fact the band is not doing 100% of what it should be doing.

Happier note -- I got a Body Bugg also!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hugs.

You know I got a fill the first part of December and I can eat more now than before the fill. It is odd. I checked this morning and luckily have not gained. But I am eating junk. My Dr. said that she would just be happy if nobody gained weight in December. So Gina don't be so hard on yourself, you have done outstanding!!!!!! We just have to pick ourselves up after the holidays!!!! Your bodybugg may be the motivation!!

Jane

Good evening, Violets..

Just got in from the hot tub and letting Jetta out. It's a beautiful night with lots of stars, no wind and no snow coming down. Did my hot tub exercises and then just laid on my back in the hot Water and watched the clouds go by. doesn't get much better!!!

Well, another Christmas has passed and it seems like you prepare for weeks and weeks and it's over in a flash. The bobster is loving his Flip and his Zune. I have to call about my digital picture frame.. I got all my cruise pics downloaded on it, but it won't show a slideshow for some reason. Everything else works, but not that, so I'll be calling tech support tomorrow... oh joy.

We're going to head out early to JoAnn Fabrics, Peebles, K-Mart and Walmart to see what deals we can find on things we just couldn't do without. The Bobster got his first Social Security check today so we'll probably blow most of it shopping! After that we hunker down and get ready for our Florida trip and our cruise. I want to be down to 173 by New Years, 170 by Florida trip time and 163 by cruise time in February. Lots of mini-goals so we'll see how that goes. I'm loving my fill right now and hope it stays good for a while. We go back on the 21st of January for our next one, if needed.

Well, time to go chat on ispq and then head to bed. Everyone sleep well. We're back to reality tomorrow!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Good morning violets....gotta run and pack more. The movers will be here in 90 minutes....

I will check in once our internet and everythig is hooked up. maybe this evening?

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

The morning started off OK... I am sick....... Nasal, but the scale said 202! Officially -70 lbs............... but then as I waited 20 minutes at the daycare, I realized they ARE CLOSED! I am pissed......... They have a sign posted of the holidays and I KNOW they didn't have this posted originally.......... but again. they cater to the teachers and all the teachers are off til January 7th! 14 teacher(s) kids attend my son's daycare... I am pissed....... I have payroll to process.. my boss is gone so I MUST be here, and now I have a 4 year old underfoot at work........... Cody (the 12 year old is at his moms for the week).............. I am completely ticked off........... but I need to get over it and get busy.

Good "Morning After" Vi's~~

Finally, the day I've been waiting for all month! The, lounge-around-in-pjs day where the only thing on the agenda is relaxing! After orchestrating what my son called one of the best Christmas's EVER... I deserve it!! (He also said that the only way it could've been better would've been if we announced that we were going to Disney! HA HA! If he only knew!! :) )

Judy -- You're right... it is amazing how it takes 4-6 weeks to get everything done for Christmas... and it's "done" in a flash! Opening the presents is definitely the EASY part!

Tracy -- Good luck w/the move today!! You're a better woman than I!

TracyKS -- Yay on the -70!!! Sorry 'bout the day care...

It's amazing how when I "allow" myself to enjoy "any" food for a day or two... and now it's like I can't stop!! No wonder how I got so big!! I told myself that today was going to be Protein Shake day... yeah, right! Tomorrow? Friday?? It's amazing how those "old habits" aren't gone... just lurking beneath the surface waiting for a weak moment or holiday to pounce back into action!! Scary!! For instance, in my (warped) mind, I've already "blown it" for today, so "I may as well enjoy myself the rest of the day, and get back to "being good" again tomorrow" -- anyone else recognize those words??? 7 months of healthy eating, and it all comes right back! The rationalizing, the "deals" w/myself... ack!

Good Morning Violets!

Well it is over, all that planning and work, and it is over! It was a good time for the most part!!

Judy, sorry your DIL was being wierd. Wonder what was up with her?? My SIL was mad at her DD yesterday, she dumped her kids off with her Mom, and left to have Christmas dinner with the new boyfriends family. I would imagine her kids would have preferred to be where they were, but still, she should have been with them her Mom said. I stayed out of it, I was ticked at my SIL anyway. There were 6 kids running around 3 & under, and she insisted on scolding my 2 grandkids! Kinsey kept being told not to touch things---which would have been fine if she were #1--actually touching the item in question, and #2---the only kid involved. And these are not expensive not kid friendly things--one was a blow up toy, she decided they had been playing with it, but ended up with Kinsey in tears because she yelled at her. Then---get this one. HER grandson (who is a 6 ft. tall 15 yo---good, good kid) and HER husband were playing with Connor, acting like they were going to throw him at one another, and he was squealing, and screeching and giggling, and she kept telling him to quiet down and knock it off! Finally Rick got mad, and we just made an early exit!! As did our kids! But all in all it was good. Our time with OUR kids, was wonderful! They liked their gifts, the grandkids had a blast! That part was wonderful! The inlaw part was iffy!!!

They got here and did the TV set up, while my BIL was setting up the TV, he somehow had a malfunction with the VCR---and it quit, with the tape he was using to test it still inside. So he opened it up, never so much as got power again! So they were going to leave them with just the old DVD player...which is no good, my MIL records on tape her soaps everyday, and then watches them in the bedroom at night with FIL...they have a routine! So Rick and I went to Walmart to buy a VCR---they do not sell them anymore!!! The only way to get one, is to buy a combo with VCR & DVD! So $80 bucks later they were back in business! They ended up thanking his brother for it! Oh well, it was the thought behind it we decided! The new TV is really nice!! Makes me think I am ready for an upgrade!!! But our TV is HUGE! And Rick built my entertainment center around it! Guess we will keep it for awhile longer, til the change is forced upon us!!

It was so nice talking to Jane!!! She is such a sweetheart! I know there is no rhyme nor reason when it comes to the USPS. When the package gets here, I will definitely need the pampering you referred to Jane!! Was wonderful talking to you!

I had to laugh, her card was the one I ended up getting returned to me---my fault not the PO's. Then the delay in the SS!!!! When it comes I will get a picture of my goodies and get it posted!

TracyK---hope your move goes smoothly!!! Will be thinking of you!

Tracy--hope Cody is fun today and not too much of a hinderence! I cannot believe they run a full time day care like that! I had people who worked holidays and wanted me to keep the kids even though it was Christmas day....but I don't think I ever just closed suddenly! I too ran several teachers kids, but most of mine come from the local courthouse. We live in the county seat, so the courthouse is a large employer here, and easily 3/4 of my kids were through county workers. But that also encompasses, jailers---and that is who was always wanting me to keep her kids, day, night, holidays whatever! She thought she hired me, I worked her schedule! I also always ask parents to have a back up plan in place, since I was privately ran, and I too occasionally would have an emergency. She actually told me it was my responsibility to find back up care. I ask her what if the person I chose were a child molester? This is YOUR child, YOU make those decisions!! She was so wierd, but her kids were so sweet!!! Some days I miss the day care, others....not so much!!!

I too made out like a bandit for Christmas!!! I got a new Kathy VanZeeland bag ( I really like some of her purses), new little heart earrings, with pave diamonds in them, a digital picture frame, a digital picture key ring, some bears---to go with my bear"foots"collection,a gorgeous new saddle blanket--Doo will love it too!!!. Together Rick and I got a new GPS system for the bike, a portable speaker system for the Ipod, and a car kit so it charges as we listen, a camping lantern.....lots of goodies, it was one of those years we actually didn't get anything to put in the useless gift pile in the garage!!! LOL

It is bitter cold out this morning....4 degrees when I got up. Kinsey just got here, and Manda said the thermometer downtown said 9.

Guess I will go and let Kinsey show me all the goodies she brought!! Santa was extra nice to her too!!!

Will talk to all of you later----Hugs!

Kat