Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Judy

I knew I was forgetting someone in my list. Thank you for all your prayers and being such an inspiration... how would we have all survived without WWJD???

Merry Christmas...

HO-HO-HO!!! It is finally here! I am so excited it is silly! My grandkids were too young to appreciate the excitement last year, but this year, Kinsey is understanding, and has Lindzie to keep her hyped up! And Connor--he is just ready to tear off the paper, he cares not whose it is or anything!!! I am excited for them!

I have my lasagna made, and sitting, so I can put it in the oven in a few minutes. It is huge! Several years ago, the city built a new Senior Citizens center---and as all government things are done, it ALL had to be new! So I bought 4 of the extra large, stainless steel baking pans, and that is what I made this lasagna in. I actually weighed it when I finished it today--and thought it was a mistake, so went and got the other scale!!! This lasagna weighs almost 25 pounds!!! I got on the scale and weighed, then got off, let it reset, and got back on holding it. It is heavy! I am amazed to think I used to step on that scale and was excited as heck to see it say that--and now the idea of walking around carrying that all day seems daunting!

Sounds pretty silly, but Rick and I were saying we are actually kind of excited to get back on the bandwagon, and work towards health again. Get back into our workout routine together, and to eat healthier again! I want to lose this last 20-30 pounds this year (meaning fiscally not calendar, think thats a bit much to hope for in a week!!)

Hope the excitement lasts! Trying to get my friend Becky to hop on with me, her Dr. told her to lose weight, and for the first time in our entire friendship, she outweighs me! I find it so hard to believe! But out in the forest yesterday we (she her future DIL and I) were being silly, and made snow angels---mine was normal sized! I got into the snow and back up without undue effort (I mean I am not 16 anymore!!!) It is taking awhile to sink in....and as it does, the wonder increases!

Cindy your cruise sounds fun! Not so much the puking people part!!! We found the same issues when we went to Cancun. Was nice, but the crowd was a party crowd, and knew no limits!

Pamela---I love the fact that you embrace your beliefs. Your relationship with God is just that-------yours! As mine is mine. I have been told (by a grouchy old Aunt) that I have an infantile religeous belief. I responded by telling her thank you!!!

For instance if I was currently in Jenn's position (which I have been many times) I would comfort myself as much as possible assuring myself that her Aunt she just lost is cuddling her kitty, and he is happy, and pain free. It may well be infantile, but it is how I choose to believe.

Michelle---I too think the idea of Santa coming to a clean house is great!!! I remember being your DD's age, and being unable to sleep! We kept the stockings in the LR, but they were the only thing we were allowed to get into until everyone that was coming showed up! Did the same with our kids. If the grandparents were coming over to open gifts, they only got to open stockings until everyone got there. Of course Santa often left somethng out and unwrapped for them to have too!

Kinsey has to come over today and get some Cookies we made the other day. They left things down and Sienna their chocolate Lab pup, ate Santa's cookies! My Mom found a plate years ago (over 25) at a Halmark shop that says Santa's cookies, and has a small cup with it for milk. We used it for all the years since, and now the last 2 Manda has had it. The other day in Coach House Gifts I found them again!!! I bought 3. One for each of the kids. Manda said hers will go into the hope chest, and be safely kept for the day this one gets broken or something!

Well I better get a move on, my relaxing time is over. I have to get ready to go to dinner with DH and his crew at work, and then have packages to deliver, and things to finish up for dinner tonight. Then we open gifts with Rick's family tonight. Lenny and Ali opted to open out there tonight with Connor, so they can go to Ali's families in the morning. Since Connor does not understand Santa coming yet! Then to Manda's in the morning. Abbey and Rhett are coming tonight to Grandma and Grandpa's so they can sleep in in the morning! Right now she is waiting for a serum test to tell me if I am going to be a Granny again!!! But for now they have no kids (not really wanting any at this point either)-so they can sleep!!

Everyone travel safely, enjoy your loved ones, know I will be thinking of you and will be saying an extra prayer that you and yours will be safe and happy---enjoying Christmas!

Love & Hugs!!!

Kat

((JENN)) So sorry, I know how you feel.

I don't post much on weekends cause I rarely get on the computer during the weekend... I get burned out. But I HAD to come say

MERRY CHRISTMAS VIOLETS!!

Have a safe and fun and loving and magical one!

:whoo:

And I will be thinking about my girls here!

Laura -thank you...

I forgot... you have your cats too. they are very special. We are going on a mission next week. Fluffy was a black longhair. Maybe we will find a white longhair this time. or 1 of each.

Jane, if you find out that santa does clean... please send him my way

I'm back down from 217 to 210 today. 3 more lbs and i'm back to my lowest here. That is a good thing not being able to eat

Jenn- Yup and my cats are my kids, and the cats I've lost just devastate me. The only good thing is when a cat dies, it means I get to fall in love all over again with a new one. I hope you find that new kitty that steals your heart :rose:

Good morning Violets! Merry Christmas Eve!!!!

Jennifur - I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty...I know how hard it is - I lost my 13 yr old kitty a few years ago to an illness, and it killed me so bad. They become part of your family so quickly...

I wanted to clarify, the daughter who was bleeding yesterday isn't the one who had her ultrasound. She's actually doing great, she's 5 months pregnant, and other than still struggling with nausea/vomitting, her pregnancy is progressing great.

The one who was bleeding yesterday (she hasn't bled today at all), is my older daughter who is only 6 weeks pregnant. She put in another call to the OB doctor on call and didn't tell them that she wasn't an established patient yet, and just asked him if it was anything to be concerned about and should she go to the ER. He said no, it's very common, especially after a pelvic exam or sex (she had sex right before she started bleeding) because the uterus and cervix has an increased flow of blood to it due to the pregnancy and anytime the cervix is irritated, it could bleed, which is what she did all day yesterday. Today she seems fine - pregnancy test still says she's pregnant.

Everyone's Violet prayers must have worked!! Thank you all!!!

I'm going to be very busy the rest of the week, so if I don't talk to you all, I hope that you have a wonderful and safe Christmas!!! :rose:

Santa clean?? That's a good one!!

I still gett crankity sometimes that I spend a 4 - 6 weeks orchestrating a wonderful Christmas day for my family of 4... and a chubby fat man gets all the credit!! :rose: There's something just not right about that!!

Went skating & had lunch w/our friends from NC... it was great to see them... it went too quickly! Now I'm "dressed up" (the dress I'm in is an old one from ages ago... not only is it actually too big, but it's too LONG, as well!!... I think not having so much fat to fill it up makes it hang longer!!... but it's a beautiful grey wool wrap dress that I love & have been waiting to wear... I just think that I waited too long!!) and ready to go to the open house, & then church.

My last package from Amazon JUST arrived!! So I have more wrapping to do this eve, as well! (It'll give me something to do while waiting for dd to drift off the sugarplum land!)

Merry, Merry!!

Oh! And I FINALLY ordered my NYE dress today! I got the one I posted the link for... + it comes w/a black velvet "shrug". Will post pix next week! Now all I need is shoes!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm just about ready to head to church. Wearing my size 14 black pants, my black size 16 top with a red sequin poinsettia and some candy canes on the front and my black , knee high suede boots. Last December at this time I never, ever would have thought I could print those words!! Life is very good. Everything is ready here for the gang after we get back from church. I'm sure I'll be checking in before the night is over. Everyone breathe deep.. smile and stay away from those goodies!!!

TTFN.....

Michelle... I will be at a Detroit Pistons basketball game on New Years Eve. I'll be wearing a long sleeved Pistons shirt and jeans. AND I'll be in the 4th row, VIP section thanks to SIL snagging some excellent tickets someone had posted. Life is VERY good!!!

Here comes Christmas!!! I feel like I am slipping into my bad habits of eating, but I know it is just the season that is playing mind games with me.

I called Kat this afternoon, she is my secret santa, and the post office decided to play scrooge!!! She was SO nice about it, but am still upset! It could still come, sometime, somewhere isn't that a song?!? So Kat you were supposed to pamper yourself with the package, so pretend!!! Off to my Aunts, she is such a great cook!! We have dinner and then open gifts then tomorrow morning we go back out and Santa comes for the little kids and fill the socks for everyone.

So a dissappointed Jane that Kat didn't get her gift, but like she said maybe it will be more special if it comes late!!

Have a very Merry Christmas, you all have added more joy and understanding than you know!!!!!

Plus tonight when I am gone, I hope Santa comes and cleans!!!