Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Cindy & Haydee- Thanks for the pics....I just love when people post pics ;) The cruise sounded fun and haydee I love your tree & house!

Terri-omg, your boss' daughter did definitely have a troop of angels with her! My goodness is all I can say! Sorry that you have fighting the junk monster but you are not alone! It s really hard this time of year. The new year is right around the corner thank GOD! All the Cookies and fudge are wearing my nerves thin.

I am going to get ready to go to moms. Wish me a safe trip because I almost got hit driving home from work Wednesday and then Thursday I had a wreck in the lane right next to me! I have never heard or seen a real wreck! The sound was deafening and I almost crapped on myself! My heart was in my throat! So...I am nervous to drive anymore!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

I've already been to Wally World & back this a.m.... not too bad @ 8am, thank goodness! Now it's baking & wrapping the day away!!

Great pics! I love pics! More pics!!

Pam -- be gentle w/yourself & your back!

Terri -- that's amazing! The wrong way on the highway? What is wrong w/people?? How can people STILL drive intoxicated???

Merry Merry to everyone who're beginning their celebrating this weekend!!

Good Morning, Violets!

Ethan is here and hunkered down watching cartoons so I have a couple of minutes to spend on here. Just had a call from someone wanting to join the support group. I don't think there will be many there today due to all the Holiday stuff, but it looks like we're going to have a nice little group come January.

Tracy.. be very careful driving today!!!

jane.. fingers crossed that your SS gift gets where it's going today. Things are always backed up this time of year... just ask Suzie.. hehehe.. sorry, couldn't resist!

Cindy... sounds like you had fun on the cruise. I've never been on the Soverign, but I can tell you the rooms on the other ships are more than adequate! Did you have an inside, oceanview or balcony room?? glad you enjoyed it. 63 days til our next one!!

Terry... I'm really feeling the fill I got on Monday.. but of course fudge and ribbon candy go right through with no problems. I decided today would be a no candy at all day. I think if I take my WWJD Bracelet and wrap it around my neck, I should be ok!!Well, time to get my teeth brushed and head to the meeting. I'll check back later..TTFN....

Morning gals

I am feeling a little better, only 3 lbs away from my ticker weight. Last night when I was talking to mom - she didn't hear me when I was hyperventelating and crying that I never saw my dr, she was so ticked, she didn't realize that. She is an oncology nurse and has been with several dr's and she just left her job because of how dr treated people. Anyway - i know it is not great but the message that I was sent was do whatever it takes to lose weight, so, back on mushies. Not easy when you can eat, and TERRY, I am so stressed that I am all about the junk and sugar. I can eat chicken tenders and wings like no tomorrow. So egg beaters and tuna and black bean Soup. I forgot how much Protein tuna has in it 20g in my 3oz pkg, and then put 7 more from the 2% cheese and I mix with sour cream so it is really moist.

PAM - I am so very glad you liked it. I hope the jamies fit. Good or bad thing... they shrink just a little bit when put in the dryer. Not much but if they are big they will shrink and if they just fit - they will stretch back into shape when dried. (I had to get myself a pr too) And of course not only did I get the lavender because of the color, but lavender is calming and relaxing and being with children every day.... well do I need to say more? LOL I'm just so happy you like them.

I am going shopping to finish my shopping with mom in about 20 mins. We went grocery shopping at Wallyworld last night, mom was totally amazed how much we got for $175. We had 2 carts full! You couldn't do that at the locala grocery store.

Love you guys - and thank you for helping me just survive through all this. I so can't wait until May

Jenn... I'm confused... I thought getting the band meant that we didn't need to "diet" (in the traditional sense) & be hungry?? So if your band isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing... then you need to get a fill. Period.

Can you call back & make an app't w/the DOCTOR asap?? Then keep going 'til you get satisfaction -- you ARE the consumer, after all (OR you change to a doc who can care for you properly).

I must be missing something here, because I'd think that when you explained what's been going on in your life over these past months, that would indicate to them that you NEED a fill because you may not have the emotional & physical fortitude to "willpower" it through just now. It doesn't make sense to me.

Take charge of yourself!! Good luck, sweetheart!

I hear you that is why I went and tried to explain. I did call dr's office yesterday and made an official complaint and they were going to address the situation and they put a note on my file that I do not want to see PA and they are going to address what happened.

so instead i'm just going to be more mental because I'm confused too

LOL

Morning V's~

Cindy the cruise sounded fun! Great pix and I am glad you had a nice time. S

Haydee loved your tree and pix of the house! Thanks for sharing.

Well, the back is a bit sore today, and I am afraid to move. So far so good...w/ everyone over today I get to just sit...yeah right. I need to go to the store after I put my face on. Cool, MIL just called and she is about 2 hours away. Whew...now I can do this :ranger:for a short bit. OK...off to play scrabble!

Have a great day.

xoxoxo

Denise- That's so neat, I've seen those detail scans before, I didn't know they were common!

Terri- I'm same way, I can't eat any meats really.. I down my IDS New Whey Protein tubes though.. and I drink low-sodium V8 when I think about it. I am riding out the tightness till I get to good restriction. My doc underfills me or overfills me, never gets me at the right spot, so taking it into my own hands!

My bro texted me this morning that my shop in SecondLife was on tv last night. I am so giddy, first I thought ON WHAT?! Now I'm waiting for him to wake up and answer me. I don't want to be too excited.. he's only seen it a handful of times and I can't believe he'd remember what my shop was to begin with. But if he tells me what it was on, I'm going to go find whatever it is so I can see it lol.

Hey all.. I'm back from the support group meeting. Just me and another girl this time, but it was worth it. She said she really needs this time to talk and I'm thrilled I could be there to listen! I brought my two books and she took them to read, plus I had copies of all the things I had gotten when we went to our appointment last week. Lots of helpful hints. Our next meeting is Jan. 12. She said the only committments she keeps are her Sunday pool time and lap band support group time. How kewl!

She and I are the same as just about eveyone else banded.. it's that time of year when all the temptations are around and we can't help but indulge. BUT... the difference is we indulge.. we don't pig out! Right?? RIGHT???

Jennifer.. I hope you get your fill.. and hope they do right by you!!

Laura... how is your sister today?? Congrats on your shop. I still can't wrap my brain around the concept.. but then again, I'm an old fart!!

Pamela... JUST SIT!! DO It!! HEAR ME???

hi gals

i'm off to work, shopping is done, now just have to wrap for the kids.... and since i don't get in until midnight or later, i don't know when i'll find the time.

have a great night all

Evening all from balmy Charleston, SC!

We are in the low 60's today with overcast skies. No rain, however, and we could really use some. Our lakes are WAY down.

Terry, thanks so much for re-sizing my photos. When you get a chance, could you let me know how to do it so I won't have to bug you or startle the whole group with the gigantic photos? Your boss's daughter was certainly blessed, wasn't she? And how fortunate for her family considering all they have gone through this year.

I'm sitting here nodding with all of you when you relate how tight you are...except when eating junk! I PB'd on a scrambled egg this morning. But potato chips and sugar-covered pecans, yep, they go sliding down.

Judy, we all had outside cabins. And I'm glad we spent the extra $40 for them. It was fun watching the moonlit waves and also the lights of Nassau @ midnight when we were leaving port. Have you and Bob experienced so much drinking on a cruise? I'm wondering if because we were on such a short cruise.

TracyK, how'd your trip go over to your mom's? Does she live far away? There are definitely crazy people on the roads, aren't there? 'Tis the season, it seems.

And Pamela, how's the back? And the visitors?

Wallyworld the Saturday B4 Christmas, Michelle? You're a brave woman!

Laura, good going on having your internet shop on TV. Keep us posted.

Today was fairly calm here. My husband and I had our standing Saturday date for Breakfast, I delivered small gifts and a grocery store gift certificate to two Hispanic families that I know that are really hand-to-mouth, wrapped my niece's Christmas presents, and am eating my supper of KFC popcorn chicken as I visit with y'all.

Tomorrow's kinda busy with the choir/handbell Christmas concert during our worship service, then out to dinner with husband and family (mom, stepdad, brother, SIL, and niece), and afterwards we'll be @ my house so my niece Tes can open her gifts. The adults counted our cruise together as our Christmas gift to one another. It really is tough to buy for an adult, isn't it ? We'll all be bringing our cruise photos, both those taken by the cruise photographers and the ones we took, and re-visiting our trip together.

Off to look for a choker, per Judy's suggestion for lapband success. Oh, yeah, meant to mention, a surveyor who works for my husband has had his lapband for six weeks now and has already lost 40+ pounds. He does have a great deal to lose, however. Men sure do seem to have it fall off easier, I think.

love to all,

Cindy

:help::help::help::help:

I NEED HELP IN THINKING GOOD VIOLET POSTAL THOUGHTS THAT THE PACKAGE I SENT ALMOST 2 WEEKS AGO GETS TO ITS DESTINATION MONDAY!!!!!!! I AM NOW OFFICIALLY WORRIED AND FREAKED OUT!!!!!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Jane.. did you insure the package?? Was there a tracking number?? Purple vibes will be pushing it to it's destination by Monday...

Cindy.. We've never had any problems with people drinking too much on cruises. Because of the cost of your cruise, you might have had more of the younger, drinking crowd maybe. Bob seems to think that anyway. Good luck with your handbells tomorrow! My choir sings in the morning and then I don't see them again until the 9th of January. I go to Bob's church for Christmas Eve with the kids and grandkids that live nearby. That's been our deal since he is pastoring a different church than the one I direct the choir at.

It's 39 degrees here now. perfect hot tubbing weather. But we are under a winter storm watch for tomorrow afternoon to Monday morning with 3-8 inches more snow and some freezing rain. Hope the roads aren't bad for Christmas eve!

I'm off to Walmart to get a birthday card and some Vernons for punch for Christmas eve. I'll be sticking with my Crystal Light though.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Hi everyone-

I made the trip well. My family lives and 90 minutes from me. There was lots of traffic and lots of cops out today!

We had a great time. To me the best time of all is spending time with everyone. DH did not get to come with us. Work as usual. :P

Tomorrow is the last real day of rest (aka packing) then Monday we get the keys to the new house so we will start hauling stuff over. I am really anxious to get things rolling.

I have been eating more junk than usual too. Kinda glad the scales are packed :eek:

Have a great night all.....