Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning V's!

I got my username changed, woot. This is what I normally use for forums, but when I joined LBT I didn't plan to stick around, I just made up a name so I could post questions (while researching). Course, I stuck around and have been wanting to change it for a while, good times!

I've had several PM's of people asking me if I am laura lol.

I have to go to the MALL tomorrow with my dad to help him finish his shopping. They need to get on board with me, I did 90% of my shopping in November just so I didn't have to go to the mall the weekend before Xmas!

TGIF everyone, be good!!

Oh woops.. and 259lbs!! I DID IT!! WOOT!!!! I've gone where I've never gone before.

Tracy - i'm in the same boat as you. Office staff dont get a bonus this year because we're in the red. Does my boss not realize that I'm the one that pays the bills and I know how come we're in the "red". His trips to Hawaii, Germany, Las Vegas, and trips to go see all the Notre Dame football games kinda put us there...

But anyways, I'm still trying to stay positive. I won't let him ruin my Christmas.

I was eating a pear for Breakfast and I got the hiccups and I can't stop! They hurt...

I went shopping again last night. Can't find something for a 20 year old girl cousin. She is allergic to everything and super picky. I am her secret santa so I have to spend $50-75 dollars on her. Any ideas?

I changed my username too Laura. When I saw your thread I PM'd Wheet. I was tired of people butchering my username... Chucka Chilla? he he he

Good Morning!!!

So much happens when I leave for just a day or two!!

FIRST OF ALL, Haydee!!...Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for my GORGEOUS throw!! You are the best secret Santa EVER!! It is so wonderfully luxurious and how did you know I needed one??? We always have "blankies" on the couch and they are just old and worn out! We will really enjoy this one and it will put to very good use! Yummmmmm! Can't wait to snuggle down with it!! THANK YOU!

PAMELA - I have much experience with the back strain you are now having and I can tell you that the ONLY way to make it better is to REST REST REST as much as possible. I usually have to take anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, heat, and 2-3 days of pure bed rest. When you start to feel a little better do some VERY gentle back stretches like laying on your back and pull one knee at a time up toward your chest...GENTLY. Getting out of bed too soon, walking around anymore than absolutely necessary will only prolong your misery. If you want to be better by Christmas that's what you have to do! I'll be thinking of you!

TracyKS - You and your boys are so precious!! Cody is a doll! How could he possibly be any trouble at all with that cute face?? :)

TracyK - I am so bummed for you that you didn't get that bonus. That is just SO not right!!! Did you express your thoughts to your boss? I kinda know how you feel, though. I work for these executives, y'know....and they make hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses every single year....on TOP of their thousands and thousands of shares of stock options, on TOP of their salaries and expense accounts!!! When they hand out our piddly 4% raises every year I just want to scream!....but i don't. I've worked here for 20 years and wish, just once, they'd throw me a bone I could get really excited about. It would be nice. Sorry, girlfriend. You deserved it.

Denise - How fun!!! i'll bet it's a girl. Anyone else wanna bet??

Laura - I tried to catch up on posts but didn't see where you changed your username?? Whazzup with that? I like the new one, it's cute!! You didn't have a stalker, did you? LOL

Today's my last day at work until Jan 2nd and I'm so excited to have some time off. It should be a fairly quiet Christmas and for that I am GRATEFUL.

I do need to get some work done before i leave today so i better get to it. Ugh.

Love u guys.

You're very welcome Terry. I bought myself one too! They're super soft and I always put it around my lap in the evenings. I'm so glad you liked it!

I've got LOADS of work to do but I just seem to get on it. WAAAAHHHH why do I have to be at work today???

Haydee- Your cousin sounds like my DH. Get her one of those super soft throws from Wal-Mart. Everytime I go by there, I rub my face on them hah hah. They're like microsuede? And maybe a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobles if she reads, or Best Buy if she likes music/video games.