Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Vi's~

OMG what have I done. I am beyond pissed that I've hurt myself now. I have too much to do to sit and rest the back. The pills made me sleep all day and I need to do stuff. Man o man...this sucks. Oh yeah, a pain pill and a muscle relaxer only make you sleep...in pain. I'd kill to feel like I did yesterday.

Sorry Pamela---do you know what you did to throw it out, or hurt it? Is it a flare up of a previous injury?

Not that it matters, when it hurts it hurts.......hope it improves quickly!

We went to Lindzies 1st grade music program tonight! We could not believe these kids!!! Some were dressed up to a point of looking comical. And others, were in dirty, unkempt clothes. The things some of these parents had these kids wear was beyond me!!! But it was great fun, we laughed, Rick got a huge kick out of it! Her own Mom didn't show up, and Ryans Dad and Step Mom come, but his Mom is out of town...so I was really glad we went. She did so good!!!

The only other thing I really noticed for the first time, is that those teachers looked awfully young!!!

Well Rick is snoring in the chair beside me, I guess we will go to bed, Kinsey will be here early in the morning. She was supposed to go to my parents for the next 2 days. Rick is off now, until after Christmas, and we were going to do a movie or something tomorrow, but my Dad has a horrible cold. He feels awful, so guess we will keep her!!! I don't want her getting it if we can help it, and he sure doesn't feel like dealing with a kiddo!!! So...maybe we will do A chipmunk movie instead!!!

I mentioned seeing that to her Mom and Manda said she would rather not, that they wanted to take both girls. I told Kinsey that her Mama said no, she responded with "Mommy is mean acshully" She listens to the 6 year old waaaay too much!!!

Ok girls, sleep well---Pamela----feel better! Big old hugs gently coming your way!!!

Kat

Pam, a hug would probably hurt so here are good thoughts!!!!

Haydee, not through at all Christmas shopping, but I am not panicked, I don't know why, I am so not a last minute shopper, this is soo unlike me. Plus I am not upset by it!!! Miracles!!!

Well everything here is busy and wild as Christmas approaches! I can't believe it is almost here! Three more working days and that is it!! I am doing a housecall on Christmas Eve but that really doesn't count does it?

Off to watch my soap operas, I am a One Life to Live and General Hospital person, but I am always like a month behind with my tapes. I am just now on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!! But, with the writers strike I may be able to catch up!!!

Jane

Wow michelle, that's alot of pumkin bread!! Email me a slice please!

Kat - your recipe sounds perfect for me. Easy and delicious! I'm going to make them on Sunday and see how they turn out. I'll call you if I have any problems. K?

Glad I'm not alone in not being ready for Christmas. Tracy, Janie we still have 5 whole days right?? LOL!

We just got home from the mall. Got alot accomplished but not even close to being finished. I'm gonna go wrap a few of them right now. I'm not too tired yet. I'm going to attempt to post a picture now...

Violets.. please send thoughts and prayers to My Mom.. she was all set to get her band today...

However, pre-op testing revealed that she required- immediate triple bypass heart surgery. She found that out a week ago, after failing a stress test. She has just returned home from that procedure. She is doing OK. We were told, if she had gone in for the band she would have "crashed"on the table.

We are praying that she will recover quickly, and still get her band soon. She was on her first week of pre-op diet, and had lost over 22 pounds so far.

Thank you all... I don't have much time, but I am always here in my heart... I have been since before my band.

I don't see much updating on our spreadsheet, I DO LOVE TO SEE THE PROGRESS! Merry Christmas, and may 2008 bring much health, and success to each of you.

Thanks-- Your Sister Violet, Kimberly

OK, here it goes. Picture of me in blue panties is from May 07. Me in beige panties is tonight, 12/18. Don't see dramatic differences like I do in some of ya'lls but I'm getting there. First pics are at 295, current is 240.

post-216278-13813136094931_thumb.jpg

Kimberly, we must have been posting at the same time. My prayers tonight will be for your mom. Please keep us updated of her progress...

Hi gals

just getting in from work, health dept is coming in tomorrow, it was nice they called but... that meant we had to get some basic scrubbing done... i'm beat and my feet hurt and swollen... great... just in time for my fill appt tomorrow. That is why I try to schedule appts after my day off to get rid of my swelling, but i'm going in, telling him what has been going on, and getting a fill. period.

Everyone is baking away... good for you all, i don't have the will power to do it.

Pam - hope you feel better

night everyone

Haydee-Good job girlfriend!! You are doing great!! I only have until tomorrow to get my shopping done :)

Michelle-I bet your house smells yummy!

Pamela-hope you had a painless sleep. I am sure Suzanne wishes she could be there with you!

Tracy-how did it go last night?

Jenn-violet power to you on your fill today and do not take any of the doctors crap!

Well ladies, wish me strength today. The ladies in our other building are throwing a party today complete with every baked good known to mankind I am sure. I am sure they will all be delicious because the lady that does the baking used to do wedding cakes for a living...so you can imagine. The only thing that is going to make me a "good girl" is that the ladies over there are nosey (and jealous) about my weight loss and would love to sabatoge it. Just gives me more willpower ;) So, I'll pass things up just to piss them off. Mean right? NOT!

Hopefully the boss will give me a bonus today...with the move and Christmas we really need it! DSS and DSD come over tomorrow to open gifts and I need to so a little more shopping before then. I really need to take tomorrow off but if the boss doesn't give me a bonus today I will have to show up tomorrow to see if he gives me one then...if not :) oh well. What it is is the guys get a bonus every 3 months and I do not get one since I am in the office. They usually give me one at Christmas time all at once to make up for all year going without. If one does not come through, I will be really hurt and upset. Wish me luck!

Have a great junk-free day violets!

Morning gals

up after 5 hrs sleep..

TracyK- good luck being around all that food, and your bonus. I had to pay 269 today to keep my cable/phone on and well I don't have it. I only have $160 left of my pay so where am I going to come up with $100? actually dd gave me $20 towards mom/grams present I bought and I made $12 in tips on my 2 deliveries I took out last night. I am going to break out the change bucket - I think I have $30 in tip money i put in there so I just need $30 in change. pray for me girls, I can't afford a bounced check

so anyway the point to that all was I have stress restriction.. but it is almost funny, it is not the same as being filled or maybe it is a mental thing, but I can eat bad stuff. I need a fill so I can't eat anything...I'm going to have a good Protein Shake for Breakfast and then it is back to Clear Liquids for 10 days (I HAVE TO TELL MYSELF THAT) so i can get to onderland.

well... off to shower so I can leave when ds is done with speech at 9 to make it to the dr on time. it snowed again last night. it is actually pretty uot there

oh... did i mention my 10 year old cat is missing. he vanished last thursday, during our first storm, i think he must be locked in somewhere... maybe someone opened a garage or basement to get out the winter stuff and he got in. He did this before and came home xmas - was gone for over 3 weeks last time, but breaks my heart... i just keep waiting for him to show up

Good Thurs Morn, Vi's~~

HAYDEE!! -- Look at that waist!! You're on your way to having such an amazing hourglass figure!! Woot!

Janie -- I feel the same way w/Christmas this year... I've just been enjoying each day... doing what needs doing... but not stressing at all!... even tho I haven't wrapped a gift yet!... but it feels more like I'm truly "in the spirit" and I like it!!

Jen -- How much more can you take? Now your kitty is gone?? You amaze me with your strength & fortitude! Good luck w/the cable bill... ((hugs))

Mazie -- Prayers for your mom!!

TracyK -- It's CTCD... you can do it!

Pam -- Take it easy!! Dr. Michelle's orders! (Maybe it was too much nukkie under the tree??)

Hi Kat & Judy!!

Delivering 24 PBs (ha ha -- in this context it means pumpkin BREADS, not, well, YOU know...) this a.m.... to both schools, etc... then out & about & here & there... meeting my friend who's hubby dumped her for coffee... then going 1 hr to my mom's to see out-of-town family for dinner...

Make it a great day, Vi's!!

Can you stand it? I have been putting cash in my change jar from my deliveries. So i was able to round up enough money to pay my bill. I played the lottery and pick 4 last night... keep your fingers crossed. LOL

Yup... I am struggling... but... trying to pull it all together so i can end this year on a decent note and start the new year on a better one.

Haydee- I noticed the difference right away. You must be so proud of yourself. You look beautiful.

Mazie- Your Mom is in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping all is well and she is up and about soon.

Off to work today. I have 2 more days of training and than they will hand the keys to the door over to me. Yikes.

Everyone have a great day.

Morning Vi's~

Haydee..you look great. I can totally see a difference, and I bet you really feel it in your clothes. Good for you.

Michelle~YUMMMM I would love that bread, but couldn't eat it if it were sitting right here.

Jenn~ Good luck w/ the bill...I've been there. Good luck w/ the fill too (it was you right getting the fill today).

Well, I am gonna go to work today. I slept pretty good (gotta love those pills), and am a bit out of it today, but will try to get through. Problem is on Thursday, I cant stay home anyway because the cleaning lady...so I might as well go to work. I am walking a bit better...but am still in pain.

Have a great day!