Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jane your card made it to New Mexico yesterday. Things seem to always be slow here---so they likely made their rounds!! Actually, the envelope is here on my desk, it says it was mailed from St. Louis on the 11th. Got to me yesterday. Kinsey was convinced it was for her because it was little like her, and she loved that it looked like it was hugging all the toys!!! Too cute!

I am up early, ready for her to be dropped off, and my DD calls, she is not going to work. She is going to try to get back into the dentist. She has one socket that is not healing, she is still in pain, her face is still swollen, she has taken all her pain meds, and went through a bottle of ibuprofen---so it is time to have it looked at. Sounds like she may have a dry socket--they are sooo painful! And it is the upper one---so she may be infected, they go into the sinus cavity oftentimes, and infect easily he told her. So I have a free early morning. But we went to bed at 9-----not sleepy enough to go back to bed!!

So yesterday, when going through some cards I keep on hand to find a thank you card, I ran onto some nail stuff my Mom bought me easily a year ago!! They are these nail polish things from Avon, that you just press onto your nail, and then have to use polish remover to take off. I put it on, yesterday, and was not too impressed right off the bat. Seemed like it was not stuck good etc. Then got busy making the enchiladas, and doing laundry. Just forgot about it, til this morning when I remembered to look at it closely again!! Now I could not tell it was put on any different that standard polish, but it is instantly dry....this morning I am liking it. Will see how well it wears.

Good Morning TracyK--have a great day at work, don't forget your book today! Need books? What do you read??? I have a library almost!!! My best friend Becky, her Mom reads sometimes 2 books a day. A lot of them are romance novels, but also a lot of current fiction. She goes into Walmart and buys all the new books as they hit the shelf. She also has asthma so she does not store books, due to the dust. She send them with Becky by the black garbage bag full! We go through a pull out what we will read, and the rest get traded at a local book exchange place. I will admit I read a lot less than I used to, I have credit at the bookstore like crazy!!! My Dad and my daughters both read on my credit!!! Kinsey and LBT have taken priority over my reading of late!!

Think I'll go check out the morning paper, will check back in in awhile!!

Kat

Good Wednesday Morn, Vi's~~

Eeeeewwww... dry socket is THE WORST... I had it when I had my teeth pulled... blech, ick, yuck... it makes your mouth taste like something died in there... bleh... I'm shuddering even thinking about it! Good thing she's going back!!

I'm getting ready to head out for the day... make it a great one, Vi's!!

Susie~ A SOUL SISTA!!! I love it! Yes, AMC since 72. I didn't watch when I was going to school, but I only went 180 days a year. All the other days was AMC. I used to tape (VHS) AMC, OLTL, and GH...but that took too much time. I decided to only do AMC until I die! And you know how I feel about tequila!:faint:

I am soooo freaking busy...can't see straight. I have gifts all over the den as I started to wrap yesterday, but had to go to dance class. Then came home and graded papers (I won't even go there how pissed I am the way this all comes down the last week and before xmas no less). My lady comes tomorrow...so all this shit has to go somewhere. Friday is the last day of school, and if I didn't play hookey on Friday, I would do it this week. Anyway...that is my rant in a nut shell.

Have a great day everyone. I'll pop in from work later. Hey, there was a 4.0 Earthquake this am. I heard the dog barking, but didn't feel it.

xoxoxoxoox

Was going to pop in and say I heard from Terry, she is swamped with work, the season, and being a wonderful Daughter--------but I see she is logged on right now, so maybe she will tell us herself!!!

Kat

Morning gals

What a day already. I did so good yesterday and then got a little bummed and lost it and ate myself silly. I'm happy i'm not really gaining but i'm bumming. Did anyone watch the finale of the biggest lossser last ngiht? The girl with the dark hair who was one of the final 4... when she left and they showed her going home and her struggle where she was crying, saying she was comfortable where she was and needed change.. well that hit the nail on the head for me, I was crying like a baby... I feel that way, once the compliments were rollling in I seemed to be content and stuck, besides all the ther stuff in my life that I'm' trying to change. SOOOOOOOOOO I picked up the phone and called my Dr today to make a fill appt, and It was either tomorrow or Jan 17, and I would like to eat xmas dinner but I can't wait another month. so, tomorrow it is, I'll have mushies for xmas and I don't care... I want to be thinner and I don't need food to make me that way.

I am anxious about my ss gift, it went in the mail last week and still not there yet... any day, I don't have patience... I want you to have it right now... last week would have been good.

I hope you all have a good day, I'm trying... your energy is all good. and I've been wearing my necklace from Terry and my mom brought me this great Bracelet from AZ so I think the 2 of them are helping.

Mom wanted to send me to a life coach, I am thinking about it to help me go in the right direction, I have things I could do but I need to focus on 1 and get there.

ttfn

Kat, thanks for the update

I am also a Days fan, I stopped watching about the same time but started watching again when I got laid off, They got new writers and some is good and some is crazy. LOL

Terry - good thoughts for you girlfriend!

Back again. Ethan is wandering around and playing with his little toy dog that sings. He pushes the button over and over and over again and dances while the dog sings Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Over and over and over and over and.... well, you get the idea.

Cindy... are you back and recovered from your cruise yet?? I'm anxious to hear how you liked it! Just 2 more months til we go on our next one!

Thanks for the update on Terry, Kat. I'll be kinda glad when the holidays are over and we can all get back in here and post like we used to! Has anyone heard from Sara or Lunasa???? Or Ms. Jenn... ??

I'm wearing my size 14 cords today. I can't even remember the last time I wore a Misses 14!!! So now I have 3 pairs of cords LaBlues, size 16 if anyone could use them, I'd be happy to mail them out! They are stretch and only a month and a half old. Just let me know if you're interested! Remember, even if you're not that size now, you WILL be one day!!!

Back to laundry and singing with Ethan.

TTFN....

YO!! Here I am!!!

OMG, you guys....I am so sick of being BUSY!!! I'm just not wired for this!! Typical day was yesterday:

Wake up at 5:00a.

10 min coffee break then spend the next 20 minutes making bkfst & lunch ahead for my mom and getting her coffee & meds ready.

Shower, dress and drive 45 minutes to work.

Partner is on vacation, so I am assisting 4 executives this week! :confused:

Lunch with my girlfriend, exchange gifts

Leave work a bit early, drive 45 mins to get mom, then 20 more minutes to meet my kids for dinner.

Leave there about 7:30, drive 20 minutes and drop Mom off.

Go to the grocery store and spend an hour there.

Get home at 9:10p, unload groceries, get dinner in the crockpot for tonight's dinner.

Clean the kitchen (sorta!)

Do some hand washing (i.e., Spanx!)

Jammies, face, and crawl into bed at 10:20p

Mom is doing pretty well. I think she's settling in and getting more comfortable every day. Her health is about the same but she is able to do a lot of things for herself like get dressed, get ready for bed and get herself to the bathroom. I just have to get her meals and medicines in order. She stays by herself during the day and is managing fine.

My weight never changes. 182-184! Bleh.

I think I am done shopping, but believe it or not we have not put up one decoration other than the wreath on the door :( . I'm a bit concerned about the dust with Mom. I'll put out a few things this weekend...I swear! The neighborhood is so pretty with all the lights....they're making me look REAL bad. LOL

I'll go try to catch up on posts.........I am so far behind!! I hope you're all doing well!

XOXO!

T.

Wow Terry, time for some time for you!!

Denise- Congrats!! I can understand the concern, but I am hoping for the best for your family :)

We saw I Am Legend last night.. movie left a lot to want, now DH says I gotta read the book to get more info. And the end was bad. They could have done a lot more with it, but overall I liked the story.. just wish they explained it :)

Glad to hear my cards did hit their mark, sound like there was a delay! I hope my ss gift gets there before Christmas.

So glad to hear from you Terry even if you are super busy!!!!

I have been eating bad the past few days. I even did bad on CTC day! I need to get a better grip!!

Well off to take shower and get to work!!

Jane

Hi ladies! I'm shamefully sitting here talking to ya'll while there is a big Peanut Butter cookie in my mouth. Couldn't resist...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful Christmas cards! I go check my PO Box almost every day in hopes that more have come in! I finally got mine out yesterday along with my SS gift. I hope everyone gets them before Christmas!!

Kat - could you email me your turtle recipe? I've been trying to figure out what to give all all the distant family members and a box of handmade turtles would be sweet!

You guys, guess what? I haven't even STARTED on my Christmas shopping yet. Me and Juan are hitting the stores tonight. We've been so broke with everything that I've been buying for the house that we had to wait until my Pampered Chef commission check came in. I finally got paid so now we can shop. Crazy huh? Am I the only one who's this far behind?

Laura - i just saw I Am Legend last night too. Good movie but I wanted more... What is the name of the book? I need to read the book.

I keep forgetting to post my pictures up. I'll do it when I get home this afternoon...

The name of the book is I Am Legend

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Legend-Richard-Matheson/dp/031286504X]Amazon.com: I Am Legend: Books: Richard Matheson[/ame]

DH read it (it's from the 50's or something he said, so it's a little rough to read), he said it gives you a lot more info on the situation. I forget what they're called in hollywood terms, where something isn't continuous in the movie.. for example, he knocked out the girl with the butt of his rifle when he caught her in the net.. and then at the end the guy can bash open the plexiglass over and over with his face and he's fine? That bugged me. But I wanted to see how the virus evolved, and was disappointed that they just kinda left a lot to assume. DH said book is a lot different from the movie. I'm going to buy it and see!

Anywho. DH's speeding ticket was annoying. Our city has sooo many cops, you can't speed without a ticket. We live on county line, which is 50mph. They're building a Publix, so for like 1 mile the speedlimit is 35mph. DH is going 55 on cruise. We get to 35, he goes down to 45.. then it's 45mph posted (that's new..hope they don't change the whole road).. I am watching his cruise control now at 55, and I think, he sees the 45, so he'll go down now.. but no.. 56..and before it hit 57 I said "You need to slow down", and his speedometer goes to 57.. I look in oncoming traffic.. "And there's a cop." Sure enough, he's slowing down to U-Turn, so DH goes ahead and pulls into the next neighborhood to wait.. And there's the cop. So he said we were goin 57 in a 35! Yikes. Luckily he didn't say anything about wreckless driving for going so fast, I guess since it's not SUPPOSE to be 35.. but we have to call & find out the cost of the ticket.. which is different.. I haven't gotten tickets since I was 16, but the cost was always on the ticket. I hope it's not much. Merry Christmas to us! On our way to work, we passed 3 more people pulled over. They're really trying to meet that quota this month.

I just got a box of Godiva chocolate from a customer.. :faint:

4 pieces= 190 calories

I took 1 piece of the white chocolate 47.5 calories.. and I put the rest out for other people to eat. :guess

Phew... I am exhausted... running all day today... still more to do... 15 more breads!... I need a nap but have to go pick up the kids... hope all is well in Vi Vi land!