Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Yeah .... about 1.5 inches on the ground now.. and the boys have already been out in it once...... they are thawing out right now. Cody wimped out on the campout right in the middle of dinner last night he called saying he was sick.... (I KNEW HE WAS FAKING) and this morning he finally admitted it.... (its all ok he just needs to tell us upfront that he didn't want to camp in the snow.... now he wishes he would of stuck it out... I made two big dishes of enchilada's and a 7 layer dip .. so that is whats for lunch and dinner....... getting ready to get in the attic to find the stockings (I have been bad about decorating this year... the tree still doesn't have any ornaments on it (just lights) I have no less than 20 bins of Christmas stuff and I have BARELY ANYTHING UP and now Christmas is a week away!

No snow here, but it is bitterly cold--has not broke out of the single digits yet at 10 AM. I was laying in bed, thinking of what I wanted to do today vs. what needs to be done today, and thought---I want to go riding!

I love cold weather riding. I had no idea til I got up and got half dressed and happened to walk by the clock with the temperature on it----it said 6 degrees!!! Ok cold weather is one thing, this is a 'whole nother' story!!! So here I sit, while my 2nd batch of chex mix bakes in the oven....no riding!

The other day it was so cold in the mountains getting the guys, this man rode up on a snow machine, and was talking, and of course it come up how cold it was, and he tells Ryan and I to check this out--he took a big gulp of air, pulled off his helmet, breathed out, held is hand down below his mouth palm up, and it froze into crystals and landed in his hand! Wicked cold!

When I grew up I lived in an El Paso Natural Gas Company Plant housing edition. They are groups of 30-40 houses, miles from nowhere, they maintain the pipelines transporting natural gas. The one I lived at was 78 miles out of town, in the middle of an Indian Reservation, so none of the roads were paved, no improvements. It was nothing for it to drop to -20 to -30 and stay there day and night for days. Then when it thawed we were stuck! Only connection was helicopter, I remember them dropping food in. The bus ride to school when you hit Jr. High was almost 2 hours each way! We were long gone by then. It was a fun place for a kid, most of the people out there were the same general age, all the new hires got the yucky assignments, like in those camps, so most of them were young with young families, there were always kids to play with, there was no traffic to worry with, great playgrounds! My parents made life long friends--guess so did I!!

Manda said she feels up to taking Kinsey swimming--yea!! I was not looking forward to that. I want to get things done before we do the train ride.

Terry you can say what you want, I still believe the ability to bend and create such links, and to incorporate all the things you did in the necklace takes amazing talent!

TracyK---good luck if you hit a mall today! Go with the attitude that you will enjoy the hustle and bustle! Kinsey now, if we tell her she has to tell Santa if she wants something is ready to go to the mall!!! I bet Macy has a long list too!!! Connor, my grandson screams a horrible high pitched terror filled scream if you even walk in front of where Santa sits! And there is a Salvation Army bell ringer at Walmart that has a big beard, and he does the same thing! We always have to use the other entrance!!

So there was no getting a picture of the 2 of them this year with Santa.

Suzanne, I was almost normal in my eating yesterday. I am telling you I was getting concerned! You are perfectly normal I think. Giving yourself an occasional break, is the only way I survive I think!! Thank goodness the band keeps me in check...in there squeezing so I cannot over do my over do!!! You are doing SO well, you will be fine. Wasn't it just the other day you reached half way? Now look at you--holy smokes!

Judy enjoy your practice today, and then the big assembly!!! My DD says that is the only time she and her DH fight is building things!

Jenn---I see you on (you too Michelle!) you feeling any better? Things falling into place at all? Big hugs, and lots of prayers still going out for you!

Michelle---it was so great talking to you (and not nearly as many typos!). I look forward to talking to EVERYONE!!

Gotta go dump one batch to cool, and load up the next one!

Kat

Kat-Macy does not do 'waiting in line' well at all. It just now stopped raining here and dh just got called out to work and i refuse to go through the waiting in line scene with dd by myself, so we are staying here!! lol

Terri-GOLF? LMAO, in this rain!! too funny!!

Nap time......catcha later......

Kat-Macy does not do 'waiting in line' well at all. It just now stopped raining here and dh just got called out to work and i refuse to go through the waiting in line scene with dd by myself, so we are staying here!! lol

Terri-GOLF? LMAO, in this rain!! too funny!!

Nap time......catcha later......

hi

just getting in from work, i was on earlier but spent most of the day in tears then went to sleep before work,

i got in early because i was suppose to pick up my mom but her flight was cancelled this morning so she is still in AZ and I left work and going to watch Haunting of #24 with my dd. I hope it is scary and not totally stupid

night all

Evening, Violets..

Pageant rehearsal went great this morning. When we came home I got all the fudge boxed up. 18 boxes worth and sent the leftovers home with Joe.

I got plane tickets today for a visit to some friends in Florida in January. Total cost was $125 for 2 round trip tickets. Can't beat that!! Spirit had a special and we jumped at it.

It's really snowing right now and hope it doesn't get too bad before tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get hit tomorrow afternoon with 7-14 inches of snow. Don't think it will delay the pageant, but our Community Chorus concert in the evening might be in jeopardy.

The hot tub was a little too warm for me tonight.. 105! I got in, but it was uncomfortable for a little while. I knocked it down to 103. I felt like a snowwoman out there. When any skin was out of the Water the snow flakes were hitting it and it felt like tiny ice cubes!! Soooooooo I stayed way down up to my neck and enjoyed watching the flakes come down.

Jenn.. (((hugs)))

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I'm off to bed.

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

strange, short and stupid movie... wouldn't recomment to waste your money

it is starting to snow little - we are going to get a huge storm

It is snowing here now, I think they are saying an additional 6 - 9 inches. Wonder if I will go to church in am? Had an interesting few days, glad it is over. I think I am going to bed now, everyone have a great safe day tomorrow!!!

Jane

Hey Violets~

So much to type. Where to begin?

Kat~ Your personal Violet letter was so special. Thank you for taking the time and putting into words what so many of us feel. You always have a way to "rally the troops" and are exceptionally eloquent. Thank you for you and for all you do for the violets.

Everyone~I got a batch of wonderful cards yesterday. Michelle, you look beautiful and sveltt (sp) and have a lovely family. Loved the purple card Laura...was that on purpose? Everyone, it was so nice to increase my Xmas card list and recieve so many warm wishes from all over the country. Did Lunasa get away from us? If so...we will miss you sista...come back when you can. Everyone's cards are up with all the other friends and family ones...they all mean so much!

Well, lets see. Susanne got home yesterday about 10am and we were out the door to Breakfast and shopping shortly after that. We are nearly done...I have some to pick up for nieces and nephew (my fault I should've asked SIL sooner). We got our tree last night! Was so nice to wake up and smell how the house smelled w/ a live tree in the living room. We decorated it this am and set up the village. Spent the am doing this and that about the house...then showered and out the door by 1pm.

I did something very cool today. My cleaning lady lives 6 houses down from me and she just had her first baby! She called today and asked if I wanted to see him (we have some trouble communicating...I think she asked me that). Anyway...short story long, I got to hold a 3 day old baby! He is so cute! Had soooo much hair and was trying to focus on me and my red shirt. Anyway, that was really cool...just what I need...someone else to shop for!

We went to see I AM LEGEND today. WOW...what an intense movie. It was really good, but I don't know if it is for everyone. I really liked it. Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had a glass of wine and about 10 nachos, lol.

Posting now...then part deux

Judy~ The fudge sounds so good. I remember mom and grandma would make fudge every year. I never did pay attention but I wish I would have. Just hearing about someone making fudge makes me miss them both so much.

Terry~ So good to see you posting. Enjoy this holiday season w/ mom.

Let's talk weather...It was 66 here today, just beautiful. I am not rubbing it in...I swear...just enticing everyone to come to Palm Springs next winter. It is a resort town after all!:huggie:

My better half is sitting next to me on the new recliner love seat snoring away. It is so nice to have her home. We've been bickering a lot the last 2 weeks but now that we are together things are great!

Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend! Be safe and have fun!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Here's a photo of my hubby and I at my work Christmas party last night...yep, I blew it hardcore. Too many midori sours for me...and wine. Then we ate Italian food tonight....I probably gained 5 lbs this weekend and it's not even Sunday yet. Back on track tomorrow!!!

joedenise12142007fd7.jpg

Hi girls~

Home from my train ride, and I am just so upset! The weather here is not anywhere near what Pamela has!! It was sooo cold! So we put Kinsey in some new candy cane striped blanket sleeper type of footed jammies, since they are encouraged to wear jammies. She was not thrilled with them, she likes her Princess nightgowns! To her anything frilly or full skirted is a Princess, and every child under 13 is automatically her "friend" that is what she calls them--friend. She jabbered with kids in the train depot, and was a happy little girl. Then we got on the train, and there was a little girl (about 4-5 yo) in an obvious bad mood (she wanted a toy in the depot she did not get). She was wearing this little gown/robe set all trimmed out in the boa type of feathers....very cute, but not warm enough! Kinsey was enchanted with it, she ended up sitting in front of us---her, her snotty Mom and a younger brother. Kinsey tried to talk to her, she ignored us, the Mom actually moved the boy so he would not be sitting next to Ray---Becky's grandson, like he had cooties. Eventually Kinsey said something and called her "friend", and referred to her Princess dress-- she turned around and screamed--loud---the entire car heard her---"Shut up don't talk to me, you are ugly!" I know I am biased, and this was a pissy little girl, but Kinsey is not ugly in any way. To see her turn around with her bottom lip quivering and her big blue eyes full of tears--it took every ounce of control I had not to choke the little brat. We cuddled her, assured her she was not ugly, and to ignore the girl, she was being grumpy. Her waste of breath Mother, never said a word. I cannot tell you how many Moms, Grandma's and others, come up to us through the evening telling Kinsey how cute she looked, and not to be upset by what the girl said. Off and on all night she would ask us---or tell/ask us "I not ugly?"

When we were almost to the entertainment area, after the story, Mom got up to take the little boy to the bathroom, and the girl threw another tantrum refusing to go---so she left her there (boy I wanted to throw her from the train!) I waited and then loudly told Kinsey when we get up here we will tell Santa what that girl said and he won't bring her any presents, he does not like mean kids! Kinsey did not understand--the little girl, was enough older she did! She looks at me all shocked, and I told her "yep I am telling Santa!" She watched us like a hawk the whole time we were at the entertainment! Was hilarious!

So on the way back Santa walks through each car, visiting with the kids, and gives them each a bell (Polar Express)---I made a point of speaking to Santa in front of her (you should have seen her eyes!) I told him my granddaughters feelings had been hurt by another child calling her ugly, could he say something to try to counteract that. He come over and sat down with us, and picked her up and told her she was the prettiest candy cane he had ever seen, and he was almost tempted to take her to the North Pole, but Rudolph might want to nibble on this candy cane, and tickled her tummy---she was thrilled. Brat child, just watched.

On the way home the brat unscrewed the bell handle from the bell, and screamed and cried---when her Mom tried to fix it she threw it, and hit another kid in the eye! The conductor told her Mom she had to sit down and be quiet, or they could move to another car!

Scary part of this story, is if my son and his wife do not control my Grandson, he may turn out the same way, he is so mean right now!

Kinsey fell asleep on the way home--I hope she wakes up and has forgot all about the brat. Isn't it sad, that whether we are 3 or 30 or twice that, that one single person putting us down, is what sticks in our minds and hearts, and dozens telling us different, does not lessen the hurt?

Was fun being with her, and watching her enjoy most of the night. She was so good considering she swam for hours today, I was afraid she would be a total grump!!! She probably will be tomorrow when we are trying to make candy!!!

Wonderful picture Denise!!! You look great!! This time of year, is killer for me as well!!! I am so looking forward to the New Year, and some excitement over getting started downward again!!! Resolutions here I come!!!

Jenn---I never heard of the movie you went to. I have heard of the Legend one Pamela and Susanne went to, I have plans to go see it. But first up----is a promised trip to see The Chipmunks!!

Pamela enjoy your sweetie!

Judy--wish my candy was all done!!! I am leaving the fudge to the Moms this year, and doing other things. I cannot be trusted with that much fudge in my house!!!

Good Luck on your program tomorrow!! Hope the weather cooperates for you. It has not snowed here, but we are back down to 9 degrees, so will likely see zero by 3-4-5 AM when it gets the coldest here.

I went out and give some extra grain to the horses tonight, told them I thought about riding!!! If I have time tomorrow, going to go spend some time in the barn--it is very relaxing to me!

Well I am off to bed I think. Fire is roasting me out of the room!!!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Good morning everyone!

Pamela-glad you & suzanne are having a good weekend. I wanna go see that movie too!

Kat-poor Kinsey. Some kids are just so mean. Sounded to me like she gets it from her mom! I am glad that you told santa what happened. He made it all better!!

Jenn-hope you have a better day today :)

Judy-you sure did get a bargain on the air fare!! Don'tcha just love a good bargain!

Denise-what a nice picture. You look SO happy! Hope you had great time.

This next week and a half is gonna be busy busy busy! Between work, the holiday, moving, parties....whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it. I'll break it down. The 21st we get dsd and dss to open gifts and the the next day (the 22nd) we go to moms to have the party there with my family, then the 23rd we pack more...the 24th we get the keys to start the moving process AND mom & stepdad are coming here so they can give dd her "special gift" (a 5' X 5' dora tent) and to also pour the magic reindeer food on the lawn for them to eat while santa is here. :) The 25th, open gifts from Santa, then frantically take down the tree and decorations to pack move. Then the 26th, the actual big move, the cable people coming over, cleaning the old house, setting up the new one...then here is the funny part...get ready to go to WORK the next day! LOL Oh...and try to convince Macy the we should put her new Dora tent in the new house instead of the one we are in now (that outta be a joke)....cause when her maw maw & pop are here, she gets her way...I hear things like aww Tracy, it can not hurt a thing to let her do this or that, you know, typical grandparent talk!!

Wow am I a chatty one this morning or what?

Now that I have bored you all enough...I will get off here and have some more liquid caffeine! ((((((((hugs))))))))

Goooooooooooood morning, Violets!! Well, the Bobster is out snowblowing the drive so we can get to church today. We got a whole boatload of snow last night. Must be another 5 inches at least on top of the 6 or 8 we already had. Hope everyone makes it in for the pageant today. The organist called me last night and wanted to know what Plan B was.

Nice picture, Denise!!! I love your outfit!

Tomorrow we are supposed to go downstate 4 hours for our fill. I sure hope the roads are good cause the Bobster really needs one. I'm just going to ask for a teensy one to tide me over into the new year. I lost a pound this week and only 3 more to go for another angel charm. I want that really bad for Christmas. Now that the fudge is packed in boxes, I don't have to be sampling it to see if it's edible! And as soon as we get the elliptical put together, I'll be running my fanny off on that. I'm loving the glider, but will be glad to get it out of the bedroom into the "gym".

Got to go get ready for church. Everyone have a great day!!!

TTFN.......