Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I'm like you Michelle, I can and do eat pretty much anything that strikes my fancy!!! I cannot eat much of it---I do still have some restriction, but this to me is ideal! I am losing slowly---I need to update my ticker, but it is so dadgummed touchy, it seems everytime I want to change it, it tells me I now have too many lines! When I don't change anything but a number! Anyway, I have seen 183 for a couple of days now. I am 5'9" and I wear a 12-14. I can walk in and buy a 14 and wear it without issue. The 12's----it's a toss, some of them work, others do not. And the size change is a wierd one I think, they seem to not only have sized down some, but the stride seems to fit differently. Possibly due to all this yucky pouch of skin and flab!!! Be Gone Belly!!!

The only thing I will not try to eat again, is glazed donuts. Oh they hurt me so bad! I took 2 bites, and it grew to feel like I ate a dozen whole donuts----I don't need them anyway, so I avoid them completely!!!

We are being predicted more snow tonight, we are in a winter storm warning. I guess it might as well be winter, and get it over with!!

Rick built a fire, then went to bed, and it is roasting me alive. Must be why I am losing weight, I am melting! I went into the LR a minute ago, and it is 86 degrees in there!!! Now it normally is very warm in there, and less so in the more distant rooms, like our bedroom which is fine, we prefer to sleep with it a little cool. But then it is still warm come morning, and we can simply throw a piece of wood into the coals, and have fire again. But tonight, oh my goodness, he built a biggun!

Jane, glad your sleep study is over, hope your blood work is all good!

Denise---how is the little Mommy to be? How many Christmas presents have you bought the baby? LOL--I am not laughing at you, I was such a fanatic when Manda had Kinsey, it was not funny!

Well tonight when I went to the Grocery store, I was going to buy ice cream, even had my favorite, and Ricks in the cart. It was BOGO free, so...why not? I was shopping along, and though WTH am I doing? So walked all the way back across the store, and put it away. I come home without buying the ice cream!! Yea!!!

Laura---doesn't your boss know how much the Violets help you out? Doesn't he want to reward us for that? Bonus money for all your Purple Powered Pals!!! You ought to take pictures of you and DH with all that moolah!!! You could roll around in it like you see on TV---I'd be afraid of losing some!

Tracy---keep the ice, snow is bad enough!!!

Pamela---I see you on line, we might be posting at the same time--HI!!!

TracyK, you and Terry must be hording all the sunshine!

Well I better get with it, put some things away in the kitchen, start the DW and go to bed!

Will talk to y'all in the morning!

Kat

$30,000 CASH??? Yikes! I don't think I could sleep w/all that in the house! Hey -- get yourself a hot tub w/your bonus! There's an idea!!

It's Tuesday... I'll be out of the house @ 7:45a & not back 'til... I'm not sure... 4pm probably?? I'm not used to that AT ALL... but have meetings & stocking shopping (which for me is meandering @ as many places as it takes & finding cute/funny/useful items to stuff them with) & lunch w/my bff, picking up the kids, etc & so on... Then back out to help w/the ES fundraiser pick-up... So I'll see you all tonight!!

Make it a great day, Vi's!!

Good morning Violet sistas!

Judy-I got your card & pic yesterday! Loved it! Thank you so much!

I think we do have all the warm weather down here. It is going to be 81 today. Sure makes it hard to get into the holiday spirit. But, it is supposed to get cooler by this weekend.

I have not tried any jeans yet that are completely without elastic, so I have no idea what "regular" size jeans I wear. The ones I wear have elastic just in the back and i wear a 12-14. I am guessing a 16 without elastic. I need to try some on but I am scared I am going to lose my good feeling of being 12-14....lol

I seriously need to get my wedding ring resized because it is about to fall off. It is a 7 now and I have never worn smaller than a 7 ring until now! Kinda anxious to see what size it will be!

We found a house to lease until we buy one. We are moving right after Christmas. We have moved so much I feel like we are in the witness protection program ;) But, we are seasoned movers. It is just the thought of doing it again that sux but it will be worth it. We live in a new trailer right now and I am just so excited that we will be back in a house.

I need to get ready for work...take care everyone.

Good morning, Violets...

We are under a winter weather advisory today. Supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow and some freezing rain. I have a headache so I'm guessing it's because of the weather. My voice is back in shape and the drugs did their job, thank goodness.

No word from Laura since she inherited the $30,000. hmmmmmmmm :bounce:

I'm off to do my hospital shift and then the bobster and I are going to haul the beds from the guest room into the garage. The elliptical comes on Friday!!! I've been working out on the glider and it's great.

Everyone have a great day!!

TTFN...

morning gals

getting ready to head out, have a dr appt to get my Water pill script renewed. had a fill appt but cann't take getting yelled at for not doing my part and loosing anything in 6 weeks. can't take feeling like a failure with him.

showed my friend my ss gift before i sealed the box this am - she wanted it - so i hope that my violet likes it as much.

Hah hah!

I arrived at work today with the 30k. I have to give it to accounting, but she wasn't in her office. I can still change my mind and run oft!

I go to the doctor today to check my..uterus I guess. I'm praying it's an outside ultrasound, I don't want anything scary happening today.

Be good everyone! CTCT!!

Hey Violets~

I broke my coffee pot last night as I was preparing to make coffee for the morning. So, this am...it was instant coffee (yuckyuckyuck). So I am a bit off today. I went to post this morning and had typed up this lovely eloquent thought provoking statement (just kidding) and had typed it all into a "new thread" text box. So, I deleted that one. LOL...did I mention I hate instant coffee?

I had lots of personals this morning too, can't remember anything. I know I need to check my PO Box today cause I think Judy and the Bobster are in there!

TracyK~ Congrats on the house! That is great and I know you'll be glad to have the move behind you.

Laura~Enjoy the restriction. I swear, after PB'ing the entire Thanksgiving weekend, in front of the in laws, I would rather have normal restriction than too much. I was PB'ing on tuna salad...not like I was eating bread. I have good restriction now...good enough...now I need to make good choices.

Judy~ Stay warm. I swear with that kind of forecast, I'd be on the couch under a blanket! I swear, it is 65 here...and I am freezing...wearing a leather coat (the warmest I've got).

Can't remember what else to say! Everyone have a great day!

Terry~ How is mom settling in? Enjoy the craziness now. After they are gone, the silence is deafening.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I slid into work!!!!!!!!! Ice storm warning but I have payroll to do and the daycare opened JUST FOR ME so I came on in.

I did take the opportunity to wear jeans and my sketchers! ;)

I put chicken catchetorie in the crock pot since all my boys loved it so the last time........... we lost power for most of the night and the better part of a HUGE mature tree in the back yard. LUCKILY it didn't seem to take any power lines down with it, and the shop seems to be undamaged......... gotta go!

Have a great day!

It's 77 degrees here right now.. snoooow?!

Oh, I looked up the test my doc ordered for me to have today, and it sounded extremely scary (in a 'frog position', metal catheter in the uterus, women have to stay a few minutes due to the intense cramping from the dye in the uterus blah blah)..so I cancelled my appointment. I've decided I'm not gonna do all these tests, when we try to have kids, if we're havin problems I'll think about all this then. If my kidney is in the way, they can take it out after the fact. Pff!

Laura, you might call and speak to your Dr. or his nurse, and explain why you cancelled the appointment. Oftentimes they will prescribe one or 2 mild sedatives, similar to Valium--to relax you and make the tests easier on you and on them.

I do not want to scare you, but there is a reason to do the testing now. Anything that is in the way or perceived by the body to be in the way can cause the body to spontaneously abort---miscarriage. It is very common, but it is also very difficult to deal with emotionally.

Maybe make another appointment just to TALK to your OB/GYN. Ask what the risks are, and Why they want these tests now---and if there are less invasive, less painful ways of doing them....there might be---you don't know if you don't ask.

I only tell you this to encourage you to be proactive to your fertility as opposed to reactive to tragedy. I know I sound like a Mom, and Hon, this is the advice I would give my own DD.

Having lived through cancer of the uterus, I have had many tests with dye---and it is just as stated, a mild crampy feel while the body dispells the dye. If they do not prescribe something for you--and my Dr. always would if ask---and he learned to have it ready for me. He gave me diazipam or something like that---it has been a few years! Some tests---biopsies, I would take the day off and keep my feet up, other things, once the test was over, I was up and going again. Remember it is just like with the band--they must outline the worst possible so that no one is surprised by it.

Hang in there, and make an appointment to talk with them about it all before giving up.

77 degrees! It is snowing out here....and a balmy 29 degrees! Fire is a blazing, because my granddaughter hates wearing pants!!!

BBL~~

Kat

Oops was going to say if they won't prescribe something, hit some Ibuprofin, wash it through your pouch, but it will help. I would not normally suggest meds with our bands, but the ibuprofin works better than Tylenol for the crampy junk.

Kat

Well unless I'm completely out of it, there's no way I'm doing that kind of test.

It's preventative I'm sure, but after talking with my mom.. it sounds pretty drastic this early on. They were doing 2 tests. This was one, the other is an ultrasound (so much less invasive). They can do the ultrasound on my next appt, and if they see something there, they can dope me up and talk to me about being in a frog position with a cathetar!

So I came to post an NSV :)

My mom wears a size 12/14.. we went to Avenue (plus size store) a few months ago.. she got some size 14 shirts, I got 22/24 at the time. I wear the 22/24 from there sometimes, but they are pretty blousy on me. Mom said none of her shirts fit, because 14W isn't same as 12/14. I went over last night and tried them on, they all fit great on me! Today I'm wearing a size 14W tunic. Woot. I don't know what that actually translates to, but 14 still feels good ;)

Not having a good day today, my friends. This has really been the weekend from HELL and I'm still reeling from it. The best part has been having my mom there. ;)

(((TERRY)))

This too shall pass! Stay strong, and remember there's always tomorrow.

Just a warning, not that you guys probably ever would have, but.. don't order from mookiegifts.com

They are making me extremely nervous. I bought $80 worth of gifts from them 2 weeks ago. No status update. I've been e-mailing them asking for an update on what's going on with them.. no responses. I've tried calling, and it goes to a voicemail.. no response. Starting to think I'm out $80 :*(

Hey gals!!

Wow... we're running the gamut from 80 degrees to ice storms around here! Everyone please be careful!!

Terri -- ((hugs))

Pam -- Get you to a Target asap! They've got a coffee pot waiting for you!

Tracy -- Be careful in the ice!

Laura -- Take care of yourself, dearie!!

Kat -- Love your "motherly" advice & second it!

Judy -- I'm still so envious of your eliptical purchase... I love that machine!

Jen -- Hi there, girlfriend!! You've been mighty quiet lately!

Tracy -- A new house for the new year! Yay!

Just got back from my jam-packed morning & 2-hour lunch w/bff (since we were 10!). Shopped lots but have only 3 bags to show for it... hmmm... must not be doing it properly... lol!

SV this a.m.: scale read 246.6!!! That's -70.4 lbs!! Finally!! It must've been the eyebrow wax I had yesterday... I KNEW I was overdue!! Cross your fingers that it holds!!!