Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I got my Secret Santa Gift!!!!!! I was laying in bed trying to nap, and was mad so I got up, about 2 minutes later UPS comes and delivers me a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the prettiest snow globe you have ever seen!!!!! I has got a Fiber optic light and changes colors while the snow falls!!!! And yes, one of the colors is VIOLET!!!!! It really is mesmerizing to watch!!

I also got something that every violet should get, it is such a beautiful thing, that I never really thought about before Judy sent it to me. It is the words "BELIEVE". I am going to hang it up in my room to always remember what this site, season, and good friends mean!!! I am never taking it down.

THANKS JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me not even feel tired!!!

Just checking in. I need to go charge my laptop because we have a major ice storm headed this way. Should be in here in about an hour. Don't want to take the chance of loosing power and not having my Violets to talk to. Hubby brought in the firewood and I stopped at Trugreen and got 2 bags of salt. Even stopped and picked up some milk for "just in case".

Kat- You had my heart racing when I was reading your story. That was too scary. Glad everyone is home and safe.

Everyone have a great evening and I'll check in from time to time.

Judy! Love the new picture of you & the Bobster & the doggies + your new avatar... you both look FABULOUS!!

Cards are mailed!

Secret Santa is mailed! So....everyone is getting something, but someone is getting more! LOL

Kinsey actually sat on Santa's lap and had a conversation with him today. She told him she wanted toys. He ask her what kind of toys? Maybe a Dora toy, or a Princess toy? She said yes to both! Then she told him she wanted to have flowers to give to her Mommy. So...made a mental note, to get some flowers to show up Christmas morning. She told him she would leave him milk and Cookies, but no raisins they look like bugs---and launched into telling him about her Cereal one morning had bugs! It did---weevils---she did NOT eat it! I threw it out, but it made an impression!!

Up where we got stuck, they received an additional foot of snow today, and they have a ranger there I guess, warning of the road being closed at 7 tonight. One of the guys who was stuck as well, that had placed a call to me to keep me informed, called to say they got their truck out today with a wench truck. What a mess! We got some pics, I will try to post some.

Remember last week, Rick worked for his employee whose Dad died? He was very upset for the kid, his Dad was younger than us, and died chopping wood? Well imagine this, he goes to work today and gets a call from the kids wife, and Dad is alive and well, and worker is on a drinking binge!!! She said she found out why he was out of work, and left him--running over his foot!

Rick give him 2 options....Employee Assistance to deal with his alcohol problem, or a final paycheck. He had not been in to sign up for the program. Rick was so upset, he really felt bad for him. The guys took up a $$$ collection, they actually ordered flowers---the florist called today! Can you believe how horrible of a lie that is to tell???

Well I need to get dinner going....will check in later!

(((hugs)))

and watch for the mailman!!!

Kat

Evening all,

Laura, before this past week, I definitely would have agreed with you about it being better to be too tight, but I am PBing on EVERYTHING. Guess I won't need to worry about eating too much on the cruise this week. My Sunday School class had our Christmas Social this evening, and I had two bites of Pasta salad and one blondie and had to quit. Jeesh!

We're going out of Port Canaveral for our cruise, Judy, and this is the first cruise for my mom, stepfather, brother, niece, and me; my SIL has gone on two before. It's a short cruise: three nights, one day in Nassau and one at Cocoa Key. I can't wait!!! Almost as good as waiting for the Secret Santa gift, Michelle sent out...except I didn't officially become a Violet until y'all had drawn names. Next year, okay?

Bill's thumb is fine, thanks for asking, Judy. And I totally agree with Michelle--that is a wonderful photo of you and Bob and the babies.

Kat, the story about Rick's employee just makes me want to go shake that man! What a goober!

My cram-packed day is over, and I'm heading to bed.

Blessings,

Cindy

Evening Vi's!

I just spent $192.00 at CVS.com using up the remaining money left on my Flex Spending Account! Whoooohoooooo!

Judy: I loved the pic of you and the bobster sent in the card!

Laura: I would say you have full restriction right now..... some of the stuff you mentioned as your regular food (fruit leather & steak) are things I wouldn't even ATTEMPT! but that said.. I am still paying for the cold chicken quesidilla & wine incident.. my throat is just raw!... LESSONED LEARNED!

Tracy, y'know... I read about all the foods folks say they can't eat & I think there must be something wrong w/me because, honestly, I can eat anything. There's nothing I'm scared to try. Now, sometimes I get stuck on something, but usually it's not the item... usually it's because I took too big a bite or ate too quickly. eggs, chicken, steak, bbq, rice, bread, even quesadillas! -- it all goes down! Also, I get full quickly, obviously, so I don't eat a LOT of anything... but I am not "afraid" of anything... EXCEPT Wheat Thins! -- That was my most HORRIBLE PB EVER!!! & I'll never eat them again... but other crackers... sure.

Odd, huh?

Michelle- Exactly! When I think I am "over-filled" it means I can't eat 90% of food. When I got it taken out last time and lost restriction.. I still did eat smaller portions, but I could LITERALLY eat ANYTHING. And smaller portions wasn't always the case.

Now I PB from the smallest of things.. fruit leather, mushrooms..I wouldn't dare put bread in my mouth, that would be miserable.

Just got home, helping mom & dad put together a present for my g'parents. So I'm behind, my stomach has been going rampant, too late to cook dinner, so we ordered chinese. DH gets sesame chicken, so I got him that and I ordered an egg drop Soup. I'll likely eat all the soup and maybe 1 piece of the chicken (and then wish I hadn't hah hah).

And.. the boss left the x-mas bonuses at home, so he gave them to me to bring into work tomorrow since he is always late and accounting needs them ASAP.. it's $30,000... IN CASH. Wow. In my kitchen. I've never seen more than 1k in cash at once in my life.

I said, if I don't show up tomorrow, I went to Tunica (Mini-Las Vegas in Mississippi) hahaha! I'm rich for the next 12 hours.

Oh I meant to say.. I just opened your card Judy, that picture of you & Bobster and the 'kids' is very nice!

I'm back from rehearsal and Ethan is in his crib trying to get to sleep.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics. We took a ton of them and I had some I really liked, but stupid me, when I uploaded from the camera I chose the "delete this pic when done" option and so I didn't have any on the chip to take to Walmart to make copies. The pic in the card was the second set we took. The ones in my signature and avatar are the first set. Live and learn!!!

I've been reading about the ice storm. Hope all of you in its path stay safe!!!

Cindy.. we have cruised out of Port Canaveral. It's very nice. And you're going to LOVE CoCo Cay. The beaches are wonderful and the Water is beautiful, unbelievable shades of blue. What cruise line are you going on??

Kat.. That kid really needs help. Imagine lying like that!!! He's really messed up.

Jane... so glad you liked the gifts. When I saw that sign, I immediately thought it would be a great reminder of what you've accomplished and will continue to accomplish!!

I'm going to watch some tv, hit the hot tub and then head to bed. Everyone sleep well tonight!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Hot tub would be nice. I am going to bed early and hopefully wake up fairly refreshed. I have an early meeting then a long day ahead, these last two weeks before Christmas are HECTIC!

I can only imagine now what that Saturday before Christmas will be like!

Did I mention that my house is a huge humongeous mess? It has only gotten worse over the past two weeks, don't know why. So hopefully between meeting and work I can clean a bit. Have a good one and enjoy!!

Jane

Just finished my lunch......... half of a large chili from Wendy's and I am stuffed!!!!!!!!!! YEAH restriction!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm I love Wendy's chili...and it's not TOO bad for us bandsters....lots of Protein and not as many calories as a burger.

I'm at 210-211 and I'm still in an 18 jean....some 16's. I'm 5'3 1/2"...maybe that's why? It's all packed in my butt and belly! ;)

I can feel restriction, now it's all about making healthy choices once more. I was doing great, loss my restriction because I lost half of my fill, and I've been on a downward spiral since then. Eating every bit of junk food that I can.....back on track darnit!!!

Judy, I got your card today...you and your DH look fantastic. Love the Yorkies too....made me smile....thank you very much :)

Michelle, Pam, Kat, Gina, Jennifur, Laura - helloooooo!!! :)