Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOW Kat... what an adventure!!! I kept thinking while I was reading your post..bet she's glad she's down 100#!! Can you imagine doing what you did 100# heavier???? glad everyone is safe and sound.

Jane.. how did the sleep study go?

Cindy...hubby doing ok today?? Where are you going on your cruise???Is this your first one?? 76 more days until our next cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

Ethan will be over today at 2 til 11. I haven't seen the little guy all week. Toooooooooo long without my Ethan fix.

We're headed to a funeral this morning for someone Bob knows. Will check in with everyone later..

TTFN.....

WOW KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve a nice hot cup of cocoa after that adventure! Glad everyone is OK and home.

Well.. I didn't really suffer any scale damage after my weekend of eating..... was up a couple pounds but that is to be expected after all the sodium I had....... maybe if I'm a super good girl this week I can get down to 202 which would be officially 70 lbs...... It is amazing to me how weight can carry so differently....... B is 195, yet her jeans were size 18.... Here I am about 10 lbs higher and I wore 12's all weekend and she couldn't get over how slim I looked...... (I purposely wore a 2x sweatshirt when she arrived because I didn't know how much of a regain she'd had and I didn't want to 'flaunt' my sucess in front of her if it had been worse.......but then I got a load of her flat tt'd belly and I knew she wouldn't be depressed over me.......

OK.. gotta go for now.. It we are supposed to get an ice storm tomorrow so I'm going to try and get the payroll done early just in case it does.

I was glad to wake up this morning and everyone be where they were supposed to be! Especially when we looked outside, and there was another couple of inches of snow here---and according to the news/weather---the mountains where they were got another 10 inches, with more snow off and on for the next 36-48 hours. If they hadn't got that truck out, it likely would have been spring before it got out! My son would have had a coniption fit! Which I understand he did a little of anyway! Rick said he did not handle the whole situation well...which does not surprise me!

SS gift goes out today!! It has 2 weeks, hope it is ok. I have the box stuffed full! Secret Santa, when you get this box--I will explain a bit more!

Judy, hope you are feeling better. We used to rub Vicks on the bottom of Kinseys feet. Now they are putting it on Lindzies, trying to see if it will help with her seasonal asthmatic nagging cough. Rick and I heard about it during a class I conned him into taking with me, on reflexology. He moaned and grumbled about agreeing to go, but he loves the foot massages now!! They told us toxins exit the body through the feet, and things can be absorbed through the feet. Now keep in mind they also believe anything can be helped or cured by ministering to the feet!! Sinus infection? Rub here! Sciatica? Rub here! Annoying neighbor? Apply here! LOL

I had planned to take my Mom to town today, but will depend on Best Buy. They are delivering the TV for my inlaws to my house today. Then the siblings from Denver will show up to make a big presentation with it, make a massive mess, and leave! Then we will get to go out, and decide where to put the videos, and DVD's, and the photo albums, and tons of grandkids and great grandkids pictures. All the things that are currently in an entertainment center. The new TV of course will not have that space. It is free standing. No shelving etc. I am sure we will end up buying a shelf unit for them. We will be left to figure out how to connect all the accesories. They will leave and then everyone at church and at Walmart, and anywhere else that will listen will hear what wonderful kids they have....in Denver!! I have to joke about it, or it gets really old! It hurts me for Rick and his sister here. His sister takes his Mom to town at least once a week, helps buy all the groceries...keeps things like that up. Rick just spent an entire day replacing the stove pipe on their woodstove. To the tune of almost $200.00---they did not have a clue, gave him $40.00 to buy materials! He bought the rest, and did the work. We deal with the cattle he runs, and all the hay each year....and I never hear them brag a single word about what he does for them. I don't care if they never utter my name, but I really wish they would treat Rick better---be more appreciative. oh well, it is an old wish.....I just keep wishing it, and praying for them all!

When do you get out for winter Break Pamela? Soon??? Yeehaw! I got my card Saturday--we had a good laugh! I have had a toilet seat design, I keep threatening to patent--but I am sure it has been done, and never caught on!!! You know the step on the peddle type trash cans, where the lid lifts? Voila! Step up, up the lids goes, walk away, down it comes again! LOL

Cindy---I will forward your info to our girls, and send you our list today. So now that you have my address, when you win the millions, you know where to share!

Michelle---I can guarantee you my DH said, he is not going hunting again period! He only went worried that something like this would happen and Gary would be there alone. And then our son, thought woohoo fun time---wrong! Rick said, If Gary did not learn anything, then he cannot help him, and will not do it again, but will remind him of this! Gary was raised in an area of Texas that seldom gets any snow, and he has not got a clue! He did not know how to drive in it, it is a miracle that he actually let Rick drive! Learning to steer into a slide is so hard! We took a winter driving school in Steamboat Springs CO. It is a big school run by Bridgestone Tires. They have a huge area that they flood and let freeze. Then they take you out in small groups, and teach you what to do and what not to do. How to turn on a curve with ice...it was scary as heck at first, then got to be kinda fun. The last time Rick went, they would not pay for spouses, so I didn't get to go! wah! They have everything from little cars to semi's to drive. I have much more confidence now than before.

Well, I am going to go get things done here, and get Kinsey and I ready so if the TV gets here this morning, we will be ready to go soon after. She needs a bath. She got into gum. Manda come in, and was half mad, half giggling--Kinsey has gum stuck...right in the crease between her leg and her girlie parts! Give her some cooking oil, off come the gum, but now she is oily!!! So we are warming up the house good, and hitting a bubble bath!

Be back in awhile girls!

Kat

morning gals

just wanted to say hi, kids are home from a snow day so I'm leaving to do some running

My SS gift is going out today!! Hee hee hee! or should that be Ho Ho Ho!? I'm so excited!!!

Is it for Y-O-U???????

Whoever it is...

Make sure you've got a knife or scissor handy... I went a little tape happy!! :)

Well I am back. Had a very very sleepless night at my sleep study!! They kept waking me up and telling me to sleep on my back. I tried, but I guess when I fell asleep I went on my tummy/side. So they said that if I want to sleep on my back I need to come back because they couldn't get it right. I told them that I don't sleep on my back and this would be just fine. They did say I kicked over 40 times an hour and I have to get my B-12 and Iron checked, gave me a script for a blood draw, but they don't do it there. Frustrating! I like the one stop shopping deal, I did try to go someplace and they said the script wasn't valid that when they tried to copy it it was invalid. I am going to take a nap, and worry about that later!!!

Thanks,

Jane

Hey ladies!

Well, I'm back to feeling over-filled. The thing is, I'm going to recoin the term over-filled. I think this is actually good restriction. food is such a chore to eat, I don't want to bother. That's pretty darn good for a foodaholic. I can get down liquid, but that's about it. Some soft foods go down, but not without a fight and me getting tired of eating.

2 days ago I got a salad bar to-go for dinner, could only eat a couple pieces of stuff before giving up. Had a yogurt for b'fast yesterday.. half-way into it, I felt so stuffed I had to stop. Didn't eat again till dinner with family, we went to Ruby Tuesday's. I got a mushroom peppercorn steak cooked rare(dunno what I was thinking, I just don't like the food there so I was trying something new). 1 small piece of steak and 5 mushroom slices later, I was hurting. I actually had trouble with JUNK food (which normally goes down when I'm tight). Ate about 5 ruffle chips slowly, and it was too painful to keep going. Last night around bed time, I heated up some of the left over mushrooms from the steak.. I got stuck, and horribly thirsty. Kept trying to drink Water, but due to the stuck mushrooms I kept spitting it all up. Finally after an hour, I was able to guzzle a whole liter of Water. Whew.

Today I had a milk for b'fast.. forgoing anything solid. Then I had 1/2 of a fruit leather.. and ended up PBing the half I ate.

Then got a cup of chili from Steak & shake (num num num). Only could eat 4 small bites of it before feeling the pain.

If it's this or, unrestricted.. I have to pick this. It keeps me from ENJOYING food. So I only eat cause I need to.. much easier to 'diet' this way hah. I am going to pick up some Meal Replacement shakes (Probably Slimfast, only brand I could ever drink without making a face the whole time)..have those 2x a day and a small bowl of Soup for dinner. Eventually I'll loosen up and will hit the 'sweet spot' for a while. Whatever works!

There's a lot of drama going on at work lately, and our Xmas party is Wednesday. I gotta cook pigs in a blanket for 100 and DH has to bring chips. Xmas bonuses though..woowoo.

Going to go drink some more water.. easier to get more in a day now since I can't eat hah!

ss present is all together and going out in tomorrow's mail....

hope everyone is having a great day