Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi girls-

Michelle---you are NEVER alone---you have my numbers! I agree totally with changing things up---I know it goes against everything we are told, and everything we are supposed to do, but I UP my calories for 2-3 days, and then drop back, sometimes even lower for a day, and it finally changes for me! So if I were you I would bump my intake--shooting for the added calories to still be healthy food--and then do my fill, and drop way beack then...since I am usually on liquids the day of the fill, and add food back in slowly.

Now I have not lost as fast as many, but I am ok with that.

Suzanne---good luck with your tests. What you are having done is a new one for me!! We have been through lots of cardiology junk in the last couple of years, my DH had open heart surgery a year ago in August, and have to have some things tweaked last summer. They never used any drug induced stresses on him, because the knew the valve was bad, and they opted not to stress it more!

I hope it all goes well---will be thinking of you!

My Secret Santa gift is boxed, addressed, and ready to head to the PO in the morning. I tried to make it tonight, but I took so long donating blood, they were closed. I bled so slow today it took forever!

Cindy--A pound is a pound, and we count em all!!!

Jenn I wish I had to will power---or won't power to stick to shakes for an extended time again! Rick and I decided we are going to hit it hard and heavy again as our new years resolution. Design ourselves a new work out, and do away with some weight!!! Cook better, work out more---a goal for both of us! I personally know us, and know our families, and dieting now, for him is going to be really hard. Better to get passed the holidays, and enter into it when success is possible---it encourages, instead of now when it would do nothing but discourage. I know it sounds like a cop out, but I know us---we are not good at denying ourselves!!

Pamela---Suzanne make it back ok? Glad you got to spend a nice lazy cuddly day together, I love those too. Not long ago I threatened to throw out the recliners!! I wanted him on the sofa cuddling with me! Then last night, he gets blankets and pillows and made us a place in front of the fire, and I was not paying much attention, and what did I do??? Sat down in my recliner!

Laura, we went and checked out our youngest DD's new house last night. Her DH did not want us or anyone there until it was just right. He collects horror movie things. Lots of dolls---Jason, Freddy, all kinds of gross things--he has an entire room filled with glass shelves, and all these dolls displayed like a showroom, still boxed. I bet there are 200 in there---a good portion artfully displayed, others columns made with stacked boxes. Nothing that interests me, but your thing coming out of the wall made me think of some creature he had that way on the closet door. Then in the other extra bedroom he has gargoyles--tons of them! Not his favorites, they are in 2 dispay cases in the dining area, and scattered throughout the house, but there are shelves full in the back room!! If ever they have a child, it will think it has been born into a nightmare!!

Well...I got zip done today! Well my SS is ready to mail, that is it. Kinsey loved the decorations and the tree, she would just stand in front of it, and gaze!

So guess I will go try to get some cards done tonight....First I need to find some Christmas paper I bought!

TTYL~~

Kat

hi guys

I survived today, 2 shakes and some taco seasoned turkey burger, 1/2 c 2% cheese for dinner and 3 bottles of Water. no more food for me today.

I didn't get to the gym, something came up, but I did go to Walmart to get my mp3 player so I can have music for the morning. I got a hell of a deal. I got a pink 8gb RCA for $69 + start up kit for $10 to total of $79. I thought that was a great deal, well I just went online to get the link so I can show you all, and it was $96.78 online for the same thing as a special deal. HOLY CRAP I got a great deal! I didn't want to spend so much money but all the ones that I was looking at were tiny and I wanted a screen so I can see what I'm doing. so it is charging now and I'm going to download some music. I'm so happy.

Now if I can get off some of the 10lbs I gained it will be golden.

I would go tonight, but it is freezing rain here on and off all day and it is dark, 30degrees, windy and the roads are getting slippery, so my sweats are in the washer so i can be ready to go in the am.

OH... so I was at walmart today, tried on faded glory size 16 low rise/bootcut.... I HATED THEM! they looked too tight and maybe I'm not use to wearing them, but yuck. How depressing... still a strong 16... Tracyks= how do you do it girl? I couldn't even think of a size 12 and you only have 10lb on me.... I am very impressed!!!! (at you... not me)

here hanging playing with some music

NOTE: Walmart FADED GLORY Low rise boot cut....... do NOT work on my body or booty!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to go with the Levis that do wonders for a gals BUTT!!!!!!! shakeit shakeit shakeit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and alsoooo LOW RISE NO.. Midrise YES............

Good night, Violets..

As you are snuggled up in your warm beds.. here's a picture I took through the patio door just now. I think winter has struck!

Everyone sleep well. Tomorrow is a new day. CTC and make wise choices.

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

post-215048-1381313597247_thumb.jpg

WOW Judy!!!! It really feels like Christmas now!

I must go to bed because the night time munchie monster is starting to growl at me!

EAT THE CRAP DAY........... BE GONE!

Night!

Kat, I didn't think you were supposed to donate blood after surgery? I thought you were supposed to wait a year? Be careful!!!!

I think I finally finished my SS shopping, now I just need to pack it up!

Well tomorrow is a CTC day and I NEED IT!!!!!!!

Jane

They double checked with the surgery thing, and since they were able to leave part of my thyroid, and since I am not having any sort of follow up treatment, I was able to donate as soon as I felt able. So....off I went to the vampires!!

Back when Rick had his massive GI bleed, he had not regained conciousness yet, he was lying in ICU, receiving yet another unit of blood, and I happened to glance up and in big letters on the bag draining into him, supporting his life, it said VOLUNTEER DONOR. I made a promise to him, myself, God, anyone who would listen, that I would give back that blood!! I had donated before, but had been unable for years due to anemia prior to my hysterectomy, and then the years following it and the chemo I was inelligible--now I am cleared, and I have donated each and every time I am elligible! All the times before combined with this round, I am now over 2 gallons!

Will do my best to CTC tommorow---Rick is home, and he decided tonight he wanted a pot of Beans for tomorrow--cool!!! I have them in the slow cooker, now, that means easy tomorrow!!!

I am off to the shower and an early bed.

Hugs--nighty night! sleep tight!

Kat

Kat- I have to... I am beating myself up because I'm 2.5lbs higher than my fill a month ago and I have to go see HIM next week. I can't deal with failure and I feel like I have. I was not going to ask for a fill but i'm going to. He was going to fill me to 1.5 and I said no 1 but I think 1.25 is my sweet spot. that was my original fill and my best place. I have my music (or some of it) downloaded and ready to go to the Y in the morning. I will be hard on myself, I will be back down to 208 by the 11th. I will be in onderland by the 1st of the year. PERIOD. OK who am I kidding, but I'm going to try my hardest.

Tracyks - THANK YOU I was so upset about how those jeans looked on me, at least I got them on, but YUCK. I am going to JC Penny and going to try on some real Levi's, they are my favorite and I guess that is that.

Keep your fingers crossed ladies that the scale moves tomorrow morning.

Kat, yes Susanne made it home this morning at 4:45am. I can't remember if I posted that she left here at 2:30am...talk about beating the traffic! I will be so glad when she is not on the California freeways all the time! Thanks for asking honey. That is why you are great...you remember all the little stuff w/ all of us. I am never good w/ personals, I try, but I usually forget what I read. I do pay attention to everything though. Anyway, you are wonderful!

On a side note, I've eaten all the crap so I can behave tomorrow! No wonder I am Fatty Mc FatFat!

It must have been "Eat the crap day" because I stayed home sick and although my tummy was upset all day, I chose to eat crap and make it even more upset. :(

Morning gals

what a horrible night sleep. I am so tired. I woke up with the worst headache ever. What can you do? I have not jumped on the scale yet - oh shoot, better not jump, I might break it. LOL

I hope it moved, i thought I was pretty good yesterday - ok golden.

Pam - I feel like a space case sometimes, I have lots of things i want to say but forget as I type.

Tracyks- that is a good idea, go to bed instead of pace because of the munchie monster. LOL'

another day gals.. CTC day

Oh, I have found the perfect jeans!! Cheap and comfortable! Gloria Vanderbilt!! I can go to Kohl's and buy Size 16's and not even have to try them on! I think I've bought 5 pair in the last couple of months...all colors!

Uh, aren't all blood donors volunteers?? LOL Kat, you're a better person than me, that's been proven over and over...but I'm one of those that hates to give blood. I do it once in a blue moon, but it messes with me and so I rarely do it.

I had cheese enchiladas yesterday....I win the award for ETC day. Today I'll be picture perfect. I promise!!

Suzie - I missed it....what kind of work do you do?

Uhhhhhhhhhh I don't view cheese enchilada's as CRAP! :) but I brought in a big platter of fudge, pb balls and pretzels and dumb ASS me.... I ate a small pb ball ... and now the sucker is stuck.. because ............. duhhhhh it is MORNING!!!!!!! oh well.. serves me right.

Also.. I awoke to find a diamond out of my grandma's ring missing! :) Luckily I had just gotten it back from Helzberg to have it ID'd and recertified, so I'm HOPING it will get fixed for free.... but the sucker just now fits again! booooohooooo

scale was 207......... I SWEAR up and down up and down.... I just wish I was already in ONEderland this teetering close is driving me insane..... I'm going to have to concentrate on carbs I guess to get me past the milestone.

Terry I don't see how you are in 16's unless all your clothes are NON stretch and GV to me run small..... I know its my vanity speaking.......... but the cords from JCpenney I have on right now are 98% cotton and 2% spandex and they are size 12's.. (I have a brown pair and a black pair, and I have been able to wear them right off the rack)

SO Jen if your at Penny's today try them on.......... they are St. Johns Bay (stretch) they also had some Ana brand but they didn't fit me as well............. oh and the jeans.. I wear both the 525 and the 515

Oh Thanks Terry - I'm going to Kohl's for the first time today so I'll check that out. or maybe not, maybe i'll wait until I get to onderland, give me something to work for.

I have tried to give blood, but never make it past the paperwork. I get to the "any tattoos or body piercings in the last year" and I fail...speaking of... i'm just about due... LOL

Maybe I'll get my next one right before our trip in May so it can heal and I won't be working. I am getting the top of my foot done

OK - I'm going to try those levi's. I am a huge fan and don't know why I even tried something else.

off to freshen up to get ready for the gym and drop ds off at the sitter

Oh and Kat......... I was told by the Bloodmobile people several times......... (SAVE YOUR VEINS for when YOU need them!) I have small, deep, rolling and colapsing viens and usually people have to butterfly what they need out of my hand...... I'm a hard stick.... ONE time in my life there was a really cute phelbotomist who got me on the first stick... (I never tell them I'm hard) and I said WOW that's the BEST I've EVER HAD!!!! He turned several shades of red and then I realized how it sounded so then I laughed and turned really red too!!!!!!!! It was quite funny..........

Another time I reduced a girl to tears because she said I jinxed her by telling her that I was a hard stick..... I felt SOOOOO bad.