Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi Y'all!

(((Laura))) - I keep having those same thoughts too...sorta. Not to the extent you are because I still love my band, but wonder what the hell is wrong with my head??? I mean, why are we BUYING and eating stuff we know is bad??? I am eating so much damn sugar (for me) that I feel like I'm out of control! So what is that about? I guess it's the stress of dealing with my mother....but it's gotta stop! It's just not like me to eat this way. The only thing I can think of is that I've been 'sticking my toe in the water' and haven't gained weight, so I've convinced myself that it's OK to eat this crap. Also, when I get busy I eat on the run too much! Is that perhaps your problem too....something to do with being really busy at work??

I gained just a little...not enough to worry about really...but I'd much prefer to lose.

I haven't gotten any shopping done. Nothing. I don't foresee getting any done in the next 2 weeks, either!! Aaaack!!! See? That stress right there has me wanting a big bowl of chocolate ice cream! :D

I don't want or need a fill. I need my head examined!

Well, I made an appointment for an unfill. It will be Wed. afternoon. I decided to do this after I got stuck on my tuna sal. Basically, I've been stuck on liquids and soft foods. And of course, chips (my staple carb that fills me up). My tummy is too swollen around the band or something. I will get an slight unfill, and will have to exercise a bit more control (yeah freakin right...I controlled myself all the way to being 100 over weight.) I just can't stand to get stuck or PB one more time. I know it is just too sensitive now...so I am hoping to take a bit out and try to rest it. I didn't want to make the call, but I also can't stand getting stuck all the time. My MIL couldn't believe how many times I was PB'ing in the sink (can't stand the idea of putting my head in the toilet). Anyway...wish me luck.

I too need my head examined...that is why I go to a shrink! Plus the fact that it is free through work. Hang tough ladies!

I'm with you Ladies. My head is in a bad place. i think part of it is just everything, but I am really depressed that I cannot afford to live on my own and my mom is buying my kids xmas presents. I am thankful that she is so good to me and helping me, but it is still depressing - and since I'm so swollen from being sick I am eating crap because it goes down.

Today I was starving so had an omlet, 1 pc of sausage, and 1/2 pc of toast. Problem... I found I can eat certain breads... which is bad, but good because I have something with substance - sometimes lately I feel like i'm going to pass out, and very bloated and have radiating pains, I'm afraid it is my gall bladder.

I am with you terry - I love my band, just in a shitty place... so when you gals figure out how to get out of it... share the secret... OK?

It is so wierd to come on here and read you guys saying these things. Just tonight during dinner, Rick told me, that I seemed to be handling this holiday season better than last---at least this far. I ask him what he was talking about, and he said I was depressed, and unhappy, not losing, not exercising---nothing until after Christmas, and it seemed to go away. We talked about the fact that maybe it was a deeply set grieving for how I used to Celebrate with food. I thought I actually enjoyed being able to eat less, and feel satisfied. But when he reminded me, I remembered my egg nog-----I drank gallons of it! I actually dreamt about fudge! I threw a massive hissy fit one night saying I would never have anymore turkey leftovers, I was sick of turkey, I wanted something to be good for me that actually tasted good! Which is so stupid and untrue, but I remember saying it!

He said he kinda waited through Thanksgiving, and the beast did not rear her head!

Then I come here, and all of you seem to be struggling through your first holiday season---and it sounds like you all did better than I did last year!

I finished my SS shopping today. Kinda scared about how much this package is going to weigh!! Going to wait a few days for some things to show up in the mail, then get it into a box and off it goes! HO HO HO!!!

I have more peanuts roasting in the oven, as soon as I can season them, I am off to bed. I got quite a bit of shopping done today, and tonight Rick and I got the garage straightened so I can bring Christmas totes in and begin tomorrow! I have Kinsey tomorrow, so she will have fun digging in things.

Speaking of her--have any of you ever had a little girl who refuses to wear pants? She HATES pants! She wants dresses and skirts all the time, she pulls her pant legs all the way up and bares her legs if you put pants on her, in spite of the begging and the tears! She will wear tights, so today I bought her several pairs of tights and some boots--little black fashion boots, and I am telling you, she was one happy little girl! She kept telling me so! She was skipping through the mall and she would stop and tell me "Granny I am so happy I love you! I am a happy girl, I love my boots!" Gushing---I'm not kidding, she had my Mom and I laughing our butts off!

Well I am going to go season the peanuts, and hope they are done---I'm tired!

Will check with all of you in the morning.

(((hugs)))

Kat

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Come on Violets...we are in a funk or are pissed or are eating too much or are in a great place or are...whatever. We can get through this together! I got stuck on tuna salad at lunch, but ate nachos for dinner! I was unable to go to dance class tonight, ended up staying at work until 7pm...then went to have those nachos (which I ate w/ no problems).

We should focus on what is good. How miserable were we last year this time. I was 30 pounds heavier, w/ no relief in sight (I learned about the band Dec. 4). We are gonna get through the holidays, and yes, we might add a few or stay the same...but this will pass!

We have lots of purple power reserved...and we need to send some to ourselves and each other! Right now there is a Victoria Secret commercial on TV and I'd like to kill those bitches! LOL...smile ladies! Last year this time...we didn't have each other either!

I love you all...now we need to love ourselves!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I know, it is in my head, I know I can't possibly be this hungry, I don't know what's triggering it!!

My fill was for Dec. 17th, but I had them push it up. I need some reinforcement. There was a point when, if I ate all that, I'd be PBing like crazy. I'm working on a good day. I fail miserably in the evenings some reason. I wonder if now that I'm not over-restricted, it's like I'm trying to make up for lost time. Stupid me. I am still exercising, but very down-trodden about everything right now.

I'm in the same boat...have been since my last fill. Since he gave me my last fill, which I felt I only needed a tiny amount, I have lost most restriction....talk about a let down girls! I've been able to eat most of what I want and how ever much I want since then. Thankfully I have an appt in the morning....when I went for my fill 4 weeks ago, I weighed 214.4, as of this morning I weighed 212.4, so I haven't technically gained, well yes I have, I was down to 210.6 lol....I've ate really bad the last 2 weeks, but I'm going in for a fill (hopefully) tomorrow morning and I'm jumping BACK ON THE WAGON!!!! I can't let this keep me feeling down or I'll slip back into a huge food relapse even worse than I'm experiencing...which is why I haven't posted much lately. Oh well, another day behind me, moving forward! I'll be mailing out my Secret Santa gift this week!!! :(

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up early for a dentist appointment. Got to make sure I have my half hour for Breakfast since things aren't going down too easily these days.

I'm sorry that a lot of you are going through some stressful times with the band. My scale is banished til Sunday. I find my head works much better if I don't see that number each day. I'm not having the food issues many of you are having, but I am NOT getting my exercise in like I have in the past. It's been just too hectic with Ethan and the holidays. I'm going to have to get my mindset adjusted and add that exercise in. I do work out in the hot tub each night, but it only amounts to 3 sets of toning stuff. I ordered a glider from QVC yesterday and that should be here by the 5th, just in time for the December exercise challenge.

Ethan ended up being here with me yesterday from 10 - 6. He really ran me ragged. Can I count that as exercise?? I don't know how many times I can do Patty Cake and read The Foot Book without it affecting me!!!

The Bobster has left already for a Democratic Tuesday morning coffee get together. After the dentist appointment I'm headed to the store to get my SS gift. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Everyone have a great day. Like Pam says. what a difference a year makes. This is the first year I'm not going to be stressing over what to wear to Christmas concerts I am involved in!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power and WWJD??!!

morning gals

not that it makes it any easier, but Kat, I think you are right. Thanksgiving - New Year is eating season and we can't eat...I am down 2lbs of the 5 I gained - I guess that is a plus

you gals are great - I couldn't sleep, went to bed at 2, and up and showered. I can't keep my eyes open

Hey Violets~

This is especially for my sistas who have the "blues" lately! Please keep posting. This is a source of such support, you know that! Come here and read, post, vent, share about your day etc. I think keeping us all connected is vital in getting through the holidays together.

I am wondering if I should get that unfill tomorrow???? I don't wanna gain any weight, and will need to really watch myself (we know how that goes). Anyway, I guess I'll see how today goes and decide then.

Have a great day peeps!

I love each of you and want you to know I and the rest of us are here...use us, abuse us...please!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Kat: I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been drinking cartons of Milk Nog and being pretty dam pissy if anyone TOUCHES it in the fridge........ We are having our annual candy MAKING DAY on Saturday and I am the resident fudge maker.....(I will make upwards of 7 double batches of various types of fudge) I have got to get my head back in this game......... I know I'm getting complacent.... I am pretty happy wearing size 12's.. so this is my DANGER spot.... my head can not really wrap around me in a smaller size and I think it is a mental block or something... I know one thing... I haven't had any Water in at least a week.... scale was 211 AGAIN this morning........... geesh..........

PUPLE POWER ACTIVATE!

I agree with Pamela---we ARE always here, and each of you has my phone # now from the list--please feel free any time to use it!

I am not sure that it was a consious thing with me last year (where you guys are now) or whether it was SAD or what---but when Rick reminded me, I went WOW! This year it IS different!

Last year, I was somewhat worried about what I could and could not eat, what was good for me, what would cause me problems, and what I was going to miss. And then if I ate and gained, was I destined to spiral out of control never to emerge on the happy bandster side of life again? I felt like I personally had no control! My band had some control, that I truly did not appreciate!

The difference is this year, I know it will pass!! I know I CAN eat, there are a multitude of things available that are not horrible choices...because it is afterall a holiday celebration! I also know that if I gain 5 pounds---it will come off, and I am NOT failing again.

Judy is not having the panic over that, she has faced the issues on her cruises...all the yummy food, and the weight gain....and has come out the other side with the knowledge that a backslide is not a failure, it is a speed bump!

I for one am uncomfortable being too tight--it scares me! My loss has likely been slowed by that, but it is my choice---but even with that, when I gain here and there, it eventually comes back off, and when I mentally go off the deep end, and eat junk, junk and more junk (oh yeah has happened many a time!!!)---eventually something clicks again (often times a compliment from someone---it spurs me on again!) and I get it under control, and feel like I have not only survived but won. This is not the Atkins of old, that once I ate a chip it was a roller coaster ride back to the original weight plus. With the band, I may gain weight, but for the most part when I am being bad in my choices, it still maintains me pretty well---keeps me from giving up hope!

Knowing I can do this, and the band IS doing this--made this year much easier. It is relaxing, knowing it is there, to keep me within my personally set boundaries. I could not handle the constant PB's---I would prefer to have a milder warning that enough is enough---stop eating!

I think it is a time line that is normal! Remember as has been pointed out---there are little stages we all go through, and I think this one y'all are hitting is normal....and remember if you say it isn't---you are calling me abnormal!! LOL

Like Pamela said----come here and scream and cry and vent--who better to understand? And not judge?

((((hugs)))) this too shall pass, and you will look back, and be so thrilled to see that you and your band made it, and life goes back to the exercise, and eat right way---because it does. We are all human, and the season change, added to the time change, and the holiday work overload, stresses us all....stress sometimes affects the band. It ALWAYS affects my eating! But it is survivable, and surmountable!!

Hang in there girls---it is gonna be ok!!!

Kat

Well... my skin is now crawling because I had one of my protien slams! (I really detest feeling this way, I guess some people like it) I wish I didn't have two cases of the stuff in my fridge............ the good thing is.. they are drinkable and they do offer a quick 27 g of protein.........

Gotta work now.... have a great day

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. We went to go spend some time with my grandmother in Mexico and she's doing wonderfully. I ate way too much but luckily didn't gain anything. I'm in the same exact boat as ya'll. So unmotivated. I know exactly what I need to do but can't seem to JUST DO IT. Love you all for being here when I'm struggling.

Kat - I'm so glad to hear you are back to your old self after surgery. You bounced back quick!! I love home roasted peanuts and if you were my SS all I would want is a bag of those!

I haven't gotten around to getting my SS gift yet. I will do it sometime next week. I have a church retreat this weekend so I'm trying to get alot of errands run during the week. Also my boyfriend got into a car accident last Wednesday coming home from work. He's fine but his mustang is totalled. So right now we are sharing a car and that just screws up my schedule.

I'm gonna go back and catch up now. I'll talk to ya'll later...

I agree with Pamela---we ARE always here, and each of you has my phone # now from the list--please feel free any time to use it!

I am not sure that it was a consious thing with me last year (where you guys are now) or whether it was SAD or what---but when Rick reminded me, I went WOW! This year it IS different!

Last year, I was somewhat worried about what I could and could not eat, what was good for me, what would cause me problems, and what I was going to miss. And then if I ate and gained, was I destined to spiral out of control never to emerge on the happy bandster side of life again? I felt like I personally had no control! My band had some control, that I truly did not appreciate!

The difference is this year, I know it will pass!! I know I CAN eat, there are a multitude of things available that are not horrible choices...because it is afterall a holiday celebration! I also know that if I gain 5 pounds---it will come off, and I am NOT failing again.

Judy is not having the panic over that, she has faced the issues on her cruises...all the yummy food, and the weight gain....and has come out the other side with the knowledge that a backslide is not a failure, it is a speed bump!

I for one am uncomfortable being too tight--it scares me! My loss has likely been slowed by that, but it is my choice---but even with that, when I gain here and there, it eventually comes back off, and when I mentally go off the deep end, and eat junk, junk and more junk (oh yeah has happened many a time!!!)---eventually something clicks again (often times a compliment from someone---it spurs me on again!) and I get it under control, and feel like I have not only survived but won. This is not the Atkins of old, that once I ate a chip it was a roller coaster ride back to the original weight plus. With the band, I may gain weight, but for the most part when I am being bad in my choices, it still maintains me pretty well---keeps me from giving up hope!

Knowing I can do this, and the band IS doing this--made this year much easier. It is relaxing, knowing it is there, to keep me within my personally set boundaries. I could not handle the constant PB's---I would prefer to have a milder warning that enough is enough---stop eating!

I think it is a time line that is normal! Remember as has been pointed out---there are little stages we all go through, and I think this one y'all are hitting is normal....and remember if you say it isn't---you are calling me abnormal!! LOL

Like Pamela said----come here and scream and cry and vent--who better to understand? And not judge?

((((hugs)))) this too shall pass, and you will look back, and be so thrilled to see that you and your band made it, and life goes back to the exercise, and eat right way---because it does. We are all human, and the season change, added to the time change, and the holiday work overload, stresses us all....stress sometimes affects the band. It ALWAYS affects my eating! But it is survivable, and surmountable!!

Hang in there girls---it is gonna be ok!!!

Kat

AMEN, SISTAH!!!

Ethan ended up being here with me yesterday from 10 - 6. He really ran me ragged. Can I count that as exercise??
YES, Judy, it most certainly does!!

When I was wearing my BodyBugg faithfully (don't have time to keep up with it right now) it was interesting to note that on my work days if I sat behind my desk all day then relaxed when I got home, I'd burn maybe 1850-2100 calories in the day. On the weekend days if I had an active day working around the house, shopping at the mall, cooking, etc. with little rest, I'd burn about 2500-2600 calories a day....and that's withOUT any added exercise like the bicycle or treadmill, etc. Sitting still I burned about 1.5-2 calories per minute. Moving around I burned about 3. So that's why people who wear a bugg say it keeps them motivated to MOVE! Not necessarily "exercise"...but just MOVE! HA! Your house stays cleaner, too! LOL

I am wondering if I should get that unfill tomorrow???? I don't wanna gain any weight, and will need to really watch myself (we know how that goes). Anyway, I guess I'll see how today goes and decide then.

When I was in your position, I went for a 0.1cc unfill and it made a world of difference! 0.1 cc!! Do you know how LITTLE that is?? (Of course you do, you're a math teacher!!) So getting a very slight unfill might be just the ticket for you! I haven't had an adjustment since then either. I like my level of restriction just the way it is. Yeah, I do PB sometimes, maybe 1-2x a week.

Kat, How much did you lose in just this last year (2007)?? I'm just afraid I'll never lose another pound :cry