Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Welcome to Cut the Crap Week! That damn scale ( I wanna throw it through the freakin window) was back up to 254:faint:. I never wanted to see 254 again after living there for weeks. So, I am seriously on shakes, cottage cheese, and tuna this week. My band is sooo tight now. I need to let it rest a bit. Also, jazzercise tonight for me!

I hate that I have to go back to work today! I need 2 more days off. I was up until 11 grading papers, and did not finish my cards. :faint:Hopefully I'll get them done this week! See why I like

'em done over Thanksgiving weekend...the rest of the month flies by!

Have a great day! Kat, we need to send out the flying monkeys to look for Laura, Tracyks and Terry!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

Good morning, Violets!!

I'm sitting here eating my cottage cheese and frozen blueberries and will be headed to the hospital for my volunteer shift soon. I weighed in yesterday, recorded my weight on the new winter ticker and that's it... the scales went in the cupboard until next Sunday. I got into the BAD habit of weighing in every day. It got depressing going up and down and I'm not going to put myself through that each and every day. Once a week will be it. Worked before and will again.

I'm going to go shopping for my SS gift tomorrow and will get it in the mail by the 1st, hopefully. And yes, we reveal the name of the sender in the package. That's half the fun!!!

Bob got the tree out this morning from the shed and it's sitting on the back porch waiting for him to get a new tree stand. We forgot that one leg broke off last year. He just called from Walmart and got the stand. If he couldn't find it, he would have had to get a new tree. Soooooooo now, when I get home from the hospital, I'll start decorating the tree.

I don't get Ethan this week unless Joe gets called into work. He works for Service Master.. a cleaning company and they don't have any jobs for him right now. Hate when that happens. going without a paycheck just before Christmas sucks. I hate to wish for people to have Water damage at their homes, but it's work for Joe!

Well, I better get off here, finish my Breakfast and head to work.

Everyone have a great day!!

Patience, trust, purple power and WWJD??!!

Michelle.

Here is my super secret recipe for Crystal Light slushies...

I use a Deja Blue bottle. I fill it up just to where the neck starts to form, add 2 packets of Crystal Light to go... I use one lemonade and one Raspberry lemonade... shake well, put in freezer with the button up (otherwise it sucks the bottle into a free form shape) for close to 2 hours. When it is ready it will be hard, but you can squish it and it gets all slushy inside. When you drink it, it is SUPER cold and refreshing.

P.S. I'm not sharing this secret recipe with anyone else but you. Shhhhhhhh

HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to catch up with the posts as I haven't checked in days....

I'm keeping my fill appointme for today.. I NEED it! I gained over this 4 day eating fest..........but oh well.... it will be Soups for the next two days.. I'm going to have the doc just tweak my fill a tiny bit.

I did not get the WII from Amazon, we did do some extreme shopping on Black Friday and got all the family done.... now I just have my various work friends and secret santa stuff to do..........

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day and weekend.......

I was 211 this morning!

Hey guys!

I've been reading, just too bummed to post, don't want to be the downer.

I'm at 271 and not moving. I'm eating bad, really bad. I'm able to BINGE eat. I need a fill, I've had 3 days of binge eating.

I feel horrible, band sucks, I wish I'd gotten the RnY.

Now I'll stop being a downer.

You don't HAVE to mail by Dec. 1, I don't know where I came up with that number. You know when X-mas is, make a good estimate of how long it'll take to get there :lol:

I bought my person's thing online the other day and had it shipped directly to them (I am HOPING they do a gift receipt, I made it a gift, but I've never ordered gifts from them before, so..) Should be there by next week. :D

Laura, you can be a downer, maybe you just need to vent!! I don't know if it is the same or not, but remember after we were banded, but before we got a fill, EVERYBODY got depressed and down. I wonder since you had to have that revision if that is the same with you? Hang in there.

Jane

Well it's all me, I am just eating & eating & eating. Within an hour, I'm 'hungry' again.. but I know I can't possibly REALLY be hungry, so I eat & eat & eat.. and I feel pressure at the band, I'm worried I'm screwing it up, but I'm not stopping myself. It's like a drug addict who knows they are overdosing, but they're happy right then, so who cares.

I need to get my head around this, I keep asking myself WHAT is triggering this?! I can't figure it out. It's not t'day. I actually did good on t'day, ate little amounts of a lot of stuff. I stopped when I felt full. I did eat more dessert than I should have (funny how that goes down with absolutely no problem or feeling of satisfaction in the stomach). But it was ok, it was t'day and life goes on. Some family members literally ate about 6lbs of food that day! Egads.

But then the past 3 days, eat eat eat.. I don't know why. 2 BIG bowls of Cereal, and 8 meatballs, then 4 kudo's bars (all in one sitting). I can't believe I can even do it. Maybe the first day (3 days ago) when I realized I COULD binge eat, it triggered a 'relapse' heh. I'm ashamed, I'm mad, I'm sad, I am doomed to be the fat girl forever. I called and scheduled a fill for Dec. 5, hopefully Jan 1 comes quickly and I'll get that new year's resolution kick and go on a strict diet for a while.

Laura.. if you can eat 8 meatballs YOU NEED A FILL GIRLFRIEND!

speaking of which I just got back from my tweaker fill.... .3 is all he gave me and big suprise of the day is that I had to go under fluro........ he missed twice, but then my port was all fine and perky under xray!

Everyone was soooooooo complimentary of my progress...... (and I was like... yeah but I was 205 last week!) they didn't care.. they all said I was doing GREAT....

OK... gotta get cracken on work............ I'm hungry.. and I've having tomatoe Soup for lunch..... (I resisted the free mocha from MickeyD's)

:yell: Laura... I know you know this but.... just because you CAN eat 4 kudos in one sitting (or lots of whatever else), you know you SHOULDN'T, right?? Banded or RnY or not... you still know that doing that will get/keep you fat. Period. Even w/RnY you can get around it... gosh, I know folks who've had that who lost & now have gained it all back! So ultimately, it's your BRAIN that has to do the work! I KNOW you can do it!! You DEFINITELY need a fill... the 5th is only 1.5 weeks away... I have to hang on 'til the 18th!! Just do what's right @ each meal... then before you know it, you'll have a "good" day... then days... then week... You also KNOW that positive results make for positive moods & more positive results... you've just got to get that mindset going, girl! It's NOT ok to eat like that! Hear me?? No way do I want to think that you're going to eat like that all the way 'til your New Year buzz kicks in!! Yikes!! Do it now!! Oh, and exercise, too!!

:whip:

Anyone else need an attitude adjustment??

I know, it is in my head, I know I can't possibly be this hungry, I don't know what's triggering it!!

My fill was for Dec. 17th, but I had them push it up. I need some reinforcement. There was a point when, if I ate all that, I'd be PBing like crazy. I'm working on a good day. I fail miserably in the evenings some reason. I wonder if now that I'm not over-restricted, it's like I'm trying to make up for lost time. Stupid me. I am still exercising, but very down-trodden about everything right now.

The evenings are the worst for me, too! When the kids get home (4pm), I have a healthy snack, then I just try to keep busy! After dinner is the worst, if I'm sitting watching tv & all those food commercials!! What's up w/that?? So I'm trying to keep my hands busy... knitting, reading, writing out Xmas cards, wrapping, making lists... whatever! I also like to DVR shows now so that I can fast-forward thru the annoying commercials... it's getting to the point where I don't like watching "regular" tv because of that!

Hang in there!! You said it yourself: "I'm working on a good day." Keep it going!! You can do it! 1 day! Just 1 measly day! Just focus on today. That's it. TODAY. There is NO reason you can't make good choices AND walk the dog for 20 mins today! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait 'til tomorrow when you tell us all how great you did today!! So... if you can't do it for YOU... then do it for ME, K?? Make me happy!

Yeah Michelle and Laura! I totally hear you honey. Remember, I think you've lost like 50 pounds in 7 months!!! Are you freakin kidding me. W/o the band I would've put on 20. I am proud of you Laura! I am working on a no cheat/crap day too. I struggle at night too! I will get through the day w/ you...keeping you in mind as I attempt to cheat later! We love you and are not gonna leave you in the dust!

xoxoxoxox