Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ok so here's a new ultrasound pic of Shannyne & Jon's baby (my grandbaby!!!)....It's so weird because if you look at the last ultrasound 4 weeks ago, the baby looked like a little bean....now it really looks like a baby!!! I can't believe how fast they grow!!! I got so teary eyed in the doctors office! The baby was sucking on it's entire hand!!! LOL

I asked Jon "So what do you think about your baby??"...he replies "It has my eyes" LOL!!!

Shannyne was happy that she saw her baby again today - she was going to ask the doctor if he could do an ultrasound when all the sudden the door opens and they're pushing in the machine!

ultrasound1113200712weegz6.jpg

It's 2:39am and here I am! I woke up w/a very dry throat & having to pee, so I got up to take care of that... & then I remembered that our indoor cat, Mo, snuck out tonight & I realized he was still outside... so I came down to call him... but he didn't come... so then I stopped by the 'puter to check e-mails, and one thing lead to another... and here I am! The really sad thing is, I don't even have my glasses on and I'm amazed at how blind I am w/out them! I can barely see what I'm typing! If it turns out that my fingers were shifted one key to the left this whole time & this reads like gooble-d-good, sorry!!

Hmmm... maybe the cat is in my son's room! Time to pick up the search!!

G'night!

YAY...189 this morning! I got on twice and it was 189. What a relief. Now it won't be a problem to stay away from the scales a while. Actually it is the fear of seeing 190 again, so I will just stay away until TOM is over. It hasn't even really started yet...but I know it is going to rear its ugly head soon. My next mini goal is 17something by my b-day (Feb 19th). It is possible.

Now I can go to work today with a smile on my face!

Come on all you girls that are stuck...you can DO IT! Try not to let it get yu down! RAH RAH RAH!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have a great day!

Judy

what a beautiful ring. I have a really nice ring I have not worn in 10 years. I got it when I weighed 150 and stopped wearing it when i hit 200 and could not even think about it going up to 278, but I had it on yesterday and it looked ok. I was thrilled. my hands are a mess from work but i might wear it to the wake tomorrow night.

I survived CTCD - I did have my bowl of ice cream, no sugar 90 cals, but I never drink milk - so that is ok and why I eat the Eddy's no sugar added. I did want some popcorn in the worst way... but didn't do it! dd started that and I begged her to find something else that I wouldn't want to eat or smell like popcorn. She is so good to me.

We watched Practical Magic last night. I love that movie.

Anyway, just getting up, drinking some coffee.< /p>

Tracy - You are such a strong, kind person and I know that you can get things undercontrol with Cody, it may not be easy but you can do it.

Terry - big hug to you girlfriend.

Michelle - hope you got back to sleep.< /p>

Hi Pam & Tracy & Haydee

sorry if i forgot anyone, it has taken me 20 minutes to type in between sips of coffee and the news

where did Ms. Jen go? and Amanda...

I can't wait til May!

hey tracy.....

CONGRATS...I was going to give you a bananna but that is Pam's job. LOL

I have a really nice black blaizer, size 20. Anyone interested I can't put it in the green box, it is too nice. I almost had it altered but I will just get a new one if I need it for a job.

:(:Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20:

WOOHOO...good for you Tracy! 189...that is amazing. Congrats and I am sure you'll have a skinny day today.

Well, I tanked on CTC day. Badly. But in my defense, I did finally start my period after being 7 days late. I swear, on Monday, if it wasn't nailed down...I ate it. But yesterday, I was ok...just not great. We went to Mex last night. I have a chix burrito, no tortilla...but I LOVE those chips!!! So that is where I was naughty. I am gonna try CTC day today and of course on Thurs too.

Got a long day today. I am running a meeting tonight for all my Spanish speaking parents at 6pm. It happens 5 times a year. It just makes for a lonnnnng day...but hey, I am paid extra for this, so I can't/won't complain!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxoxoxoxo

Good morning everyone! I have no idea where to start. I haven't read a post in a month, so I'll just say I hope all are well.

I have had company for 2 months and the last one left Monday morning. I have bee stressed for 2 months having a grumpy sick husband and 2 extra's in my home.

I haven't lost any more weight but everyone is starting to say how 'skinny' I look so I take it that I'm doing okay.

My travel store is up and running but haven't made a dime yet. Nhe next time you need to book travel, send flowers or by concert tickets think of me and book on my sight. YTB - Home

Or... just go there and look at my site, I think it's pretty cool!

Well, I'm off to get ready for work.

Again hope all is well with each one of you.

Smoochies to you all!

Congrats TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise: Awe.............. so cute! :(

Laura: I did get my SS info.. thanks for sending it.

Kat: I know its common... just irritating is all. I'm going today to buy him some new shirts. He has been out of school for two weeks now and he doesn't want to go to school.. I told him he needed to suck it up because he is going to college and not going to school is NOT AN OPTION. (I think it will be fine once he gets going) DH is a simmering pot, very cranky and trying not to take his annoyance out on me.

This morning when I left I told Cody he needed to shower and brush his teeth today because he was getting rank.... (he needs to know that this is not an extended vacation at dads)

Have a great great great day everyone!

Good Morning!

Glad to see you are OK Ms Jen--was getting worried. On another thread I chat on, they threaten to send the flying monkeys (Wizard of Oz) if you stay away too long, and I was getting ready to call in the monkeys!!!

Glad you have some down time from company. Have they diagnosed any further on DH? When you need to vent---we are here, I know how hard it is with an ill spouse.

Tracy, wish I was there to give you a hug, I know this must be difficult for you, and I can only imagine how he feels. I know you cannot make it an extended vacation, but don't forget to Celebrate with him that you ARE glad he is with you---the boy sounds seriously depressed, and who knows what kind of mind games Mom has pulled. Or what he heard or saw that led him to the place he is in. And if it is some sort of chemical imbalance, then even he has no idea what is making him feel the way he is and act out. A friend I have who is bi polar said she lived in terror, not knowing why she was so different, so she turned to alcohol when she was 13, because it made her forget to worry about it! I truly believe Cody is lucky that he got kicked out of school when he did, it alerted all of you to how things are with him, and will give you all a chance to intervene and help in the situation. Since I am currently out of patience with my band, and unable to do anything about it---I will send you my patience to help you deal with the upheaval going on now. And aren't you glad you made the decision you did about marriage/insurance coverage--if he needs help, you can do it!

I too receivedmy Secret Santa assignment, and need to get shopping, I have lots of ideas! So I have a question about this----------can I ask for outside help in fixing the gift? From fellow Violets? I have an idea for a special part of my gift. Let me know so I can get started!

TracyK--180's-----I am begining to think it is something to do with the name---the Tracy's are going to hit goal before any of us!!! Congrats girl, and BEFORE the lovely TOM hits---wow!

So I decided to just snack on leftover steak fingers for Breakfast. They are small, and very tender, so I grabbed both of them that were left from my meal, and heated them, ate one, Kinsey ate the other, and wanted more! So it is official, I would never have eaten the 2nd one, I was full, so now my granddaughter out eats me--at least at breakfast!

I began shelling some pecans---something I just cannot do with her here, she eats them as fast as I can shell them! I am making no headway, and she is going to make herself sick!!

Pamela--enjoy your parent meetings. So when they come to you without speaking English, do they have the same attitude I see that is so prevalent in parents these days? That all their kids problems in school must be YOUR fault. My cousin who teaches sent me on one of those emails about getting to know you, where you erase their answers and put in your own. On the one she sent, one of the questions was "Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?" Her answer was "The parent to a child who was flunking out, who used horrid grammar, and cursed, and accused Teri (cousin) of not understanding her child." She seems to be having a rough year. She said even the girls on her Volleyball team she coaches don't want to put forth effort this year.

Bless all you teachers!

Jenn---I know the wake will not be for you to show off the new you, but I still hope you surprise the heck out of them! Hugs to you as you deal with it.

Judy, how is the knee this morning?

Ok--------I need some new dishes for Thanksgiving-------your assignment Violets----is to post your favorite!!!

(((Hugs))))

Kat

Here's my families favorite recipe for Thanksgiving!

Sweet Potato Casserole

Serves/Makes: 8 Ready In: 1-2 hrsIngredients:

6 large sweet potatoes

2 cups sugar (or Splenda equivalent)

4 eggs

2 sticks butter, softened

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

***Crunch Topping***

2/3 cup melted butter

2/3 cup flour

2 cup brown sugar (or Splenda Brown Sugar Blend equivalent)

2 cup chopped pecans

2 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions:Boil potatoes until tender. Remove skins when cooled. Put into a large bowl and whip them until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole and top with the Crunch Topping. Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes.

:hungry:

I agree with you kat. I am going to take some pics before I go. I am still in shock or denial but I'm sure once I'm there and it is real, I won't care so much how I look.

I now have an empty closet after yesterday and piles of stuff all over my room. I should get up and clean it and get something productive done It is going to get up to 60 today so I want to get out... snow on Friday

Denise, it took forever to get the full ultrasound pic up on my puter, HOW CUTE.! how exciting!

Hey good going Tracy!!!!! That is so cool and great motivation!!!!!!

I can't wait until I am below 200, but that will be a while, I am hoping maybe by my year anniversary!

BROCCOLI SWISS BAKE

1 ½ cups summer squash (1/2 inch pieces)

3 cups broccoli

½ cup butter

1 beaten egg

½ cup shredded swiss

¼ cup milk

¼ teaspoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon salt

pepper to taste

½ cup parm cheese

2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Steam squash and broccoli so they are crisp tender. Layer in casserole. Melt butter and mix with egg, swiss cheese, milk, and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and top with parmesan cheese and sesame seeds and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

This is good and usually I steam the broccoli and squash the day before and then that day put it all together and bake, saves time that way. I also have never used the sesame seeds.

Have a good one!!

Jane

Oh yes, Denise, I forgot to say---HOW EXCITING!!! I remember Manda's first real good ultrasound pics of Kinsey, I was over the moon!!! They were not as good as your daughters, that is classic, you will all treasure it forever!

Thanks for the recipes girls---I hope I will be able to eat that day!!!

Kat

Janie,

MY Gosh, that made my mouth Water. I printed it out!

Denise,

Yours sounded great too. My MIL is bringing soooo much food this year, I only have to make a salad and buy ice cream. But, I've printed yours out too and may save it for next year.

Kat, the parents I am meeting w/ tonight are wonderful. These parents are new or 1st gen in this country. They've fought and struggled HARD to get here. They respect the USA and the educational system. I love these parents...and they love me. The ones I have trouble w/ are not Spanish speaking...just regular ol' white and black folks. I am not being racist, and regardless of what anyone's politics are...I am only speaking from my personal experience. I had a parent (not one from my classes) come about 1 inch from running me over in the parking lot, as I tried to tell him he was not allowed in to the staff lot to drop off his children. He, an old white guy, yelled, "That is a stupid rule, and you need to change this stupid rule." He continued on "Your ruining my day!" I asked, "how could you do this, argue w/ me and obviously break the rules in front of your children?" He said, "my kids don't care about this..." I watched as his kids looked horrified as their dad was being such a complete and utter ASSHOLE at their school. No, the parents tonight are kind, respectful, hard working. Not like the rich pricks we have to deal w/. Palm Springs is a place where money has money. I came from nothing...we had food stamps, the electricity went out from time to time. My mom worked her ass off as a single mom. She raised us right, as we are both pretty successful. And although I am "comfortable" now...I'll never forget from where I come from. ((Stepping down from soap box...NEXT))

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Pamela

AMEN SISTER!!!!! I am there struggling right now and I hope that my children make out well in their future, but never forget where they came from. My sister seems to have forgotten how the real world lives... now that her husband has a ton of money and she no longer has to work. She is respectful, but just no idea what i deal with from day to day.