Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Size 12 doesn't sound like any preggo nesting mom I ever heard of, Tracy! Yay you!!

I'll keep you all in my good thoughts... focus on the positive... it really is such an amazing opportunity for him... I hope he realizes that & appreciates it!

TV in his room?? Please tell me it ain't so! At *least* let him "earn" it w/good behaviour/grades, etc. (That is one of my all-time pet peeves, sorry!)

Went shopping today and some of the 2x's were tight!! So frustrating!!! Looking for a top for Thanksgiving. Oh well, not too worried about it.

Have a good one!!

Jane

Good evening, Violets..

Well, it was an eventful day today. I slipped and fell down the stairs this morning just before Ethan arrived. My problem knee which I have trouble bending was bent all the way back.. I could feel a blast of heat and thought for sure I had broken something. I was able to get up by myself (Bobster was at a funeral) and I don't think anything is broken, but I'm sure sore this evening. My back, arm and knee are telling me I'm getting OLD!!!

I did get a cute email this evening so I'll share it.. I'm off to the hot tub to see if I can get a little relief. Everyone have a good night.

1. WHY DO MEN BECOME SMARTER DURING SEX?

(because they are plugged into a genius)

2. WHY DON'T WOMEN BLINK DURING SEX?

(they don't have enough time)

3. WHY DOES IT TAKE 1 MILLION SPERM TO FERTILIZE ONE
EGG?

(they don't stop to ask directions)

4. WHY DO MEN SNORE WHEN THEY LIE ON THEIR BACKS?

(because their balls fall over their butt-hole and they vapor lock)

(You're laughing, aren't you?!?!)

5. WHY WERE MEN GIVEN LARGER BRAINS THAN DOGS?

(so they won't hump women's legs at cocktails parties)

6. WHY DID GOD MAKE MEN BEFORE WOMEN?

(you need a rough draft before you make a final copy)

7. HOW MANY MEN DOES IT TAKE TO PUT A TOILET SEAT DOWN?

(don't know.....it never happened)

( C'mon guys, we laugh at your blonde jokes!)

And the personal favorite:

8. WHY DID GOD PUT MEN ON EARTH?

(because a vibrator can't mow the lawn)

Every room in our house has a tv! (except the bathroom!) Even in the kitchen I can turn on music......... he would be happy if it only got the cartoon channel........

One time during one of our moments........ I ripped the tv out of his room and the laptop while he threw a fit like a 2 year old.. and he lost it for a month (two visits).......... yeah..... this is going to be interesting... I love him, but it is going to be tough at times........ DH is currently up there waiting for him to resign in boy scouts.... Exwife is already being wishy washy and dh is getting his feather ruffled.. before he left I had to tell him that he needed to suck it up and remember that this was about Cody and not about the petty bs that often comes up between ex's..............

I told Charles LOOK......... Cody is going to use the ammo about going back to his moms the first time he gets pissed off at us, and he needs to know that HE IS STUCK........ as if he came out of my womb and he didn't have a choice...... HE IS HERE.. he already has one wishy washy parent he doesn't need two! He needs firm consistancy and knowing that no matter what line he pushes that consequences are here to deal with as if there wasn't anywhere else to go........ LORD HELP ME!

Judy~ OMGosh...are you ok??? You didn't go to the doctor? Man o Man...I hope your ok in the morning! That sounds like a bad fall. Keep us posted. You may still need a "run through" at the doctor. I'm Italian...I can't help it...I worry like a Jewish mother. I loved the joke, and copied and already sent it out.

TracyKS~hang tough sister. Yes, consitency is best...toughest, but best. Good luck w/ this. How is the little guy taking having bb in the house? There are many changes going on for him too! Come here and vent...we are here for you!

OK...Susanne is still here and is driving home at 4am. We are gonna watch Weeds now. Have a good night!

xoxoxoxoxoox

Morning gals

Well -when it rains.

Judy- I hope your knee is ok. I love the joke you shared, i was cracking up.

Tracyks- Stay strong - you are so right, conistancy is so important

Well - I got home l yesterday from bringing the dog to his new home and got a phone call that my aunt passed away. She was my absolute favorite and I think i'm numb. I just keep thinking that last year, I picked up my dog, and my uncle died and I brought him back yesterday and his wife died. It is just odd, it was an emotional day yesterday. I went to group and was just quiet, but was a good distraction.

well i'm going to drink my coffee

Jenn-aww I am so sorry. That is the aunt that was in the hospital not too long ago, right? I will keep you in my prayers.

Judy-ouch! I hope you feel better this morning. Falling down always hurts but the older we get it seems like it hurts worse with every passing year! You might wanna get it looked at!! Take care!

TracyKS-best of luck to you and your family on this new arrangement! You are right, consistency is the key with any child!

Janie-slow and steady...you are doing fantastic! I like how you are not letting it get you down! Good girl!!

Well my TOM is almost here so it is probably best if I stay away from the scales for a while. It is hard to do, but I know it is best.

Michelle-how is it going for you? No cancellations to squeeze you in at the dr?

Haydee-glad to hear that you grandmother is doing well!!

Should be an easy day a work again. The boss is away, so I will just do my hour or so of work and hopefully read all day. I sure wish I could get on this site at work...

Everyone have a great day!

Yup, that is the aunt, who bounced back and was doing great.

Totally unexpected. I am just so glad I got to say good bye and tell her how much i love her. Still in shock

((Jen!)) I am so sorry for you. What a run you're having! Know we're here for you & love you!

Judy -- How's your knee this morning?? Yikes, I'm worried about it!

Jenn~ I am so sorry to hear that! Keep your head up honey. :eek::girl_hug::(

TracyK~ Enjoy your easy day. I am so jealous about the TOM...I am 5 days late and sooooo bloated. Yesterday I ate anything that was not glued down. I feel as soon as it comes, I'll feel so much better.

Judy~ How you feeling this am?

I am busy today. Susanne was up at 4am and left.:(:(:) We had such a great weekend, I miss her already!

Gonna go to Jazzercise class tonight!!! I am excited, I didn't get to go last week. I can't go tomorrow because of study group, so Tues and Thurs it is! I hope you all have a great day!

Terry???? Whats up??? Haven't heard from you since the bead fair. Hope your projects are going well!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Good Morning Girlz-

Judy - i am so sorry about your fall!! I'll bet you're really sore today. Stay off of it today, you hear me????!!!

Jenn - So sorry about your aunt. I'm losing aunts and uncles at a rapid pace myself and it sure reminds us that we're getting older, too.

Haydee- Glad to have you back! I never heard from Josie?!

Laura - Those don't sound like small losses to me!! I took my measurements the other day, too....and only lost like 5" in 2 months! You're doing just fine...be patient with yourself.

Speaking of patience....i've run out. I think i've run out of all of it: patience, motivation, enthusiasm, and hope. Not good at all. I weighed 184.6 this morning and i can't get my butt off the couch to go exercise. That voice in my head that is constantly beating me up for not doing the "right" things is so freaking annoying and it will NOT shut up. I know what I have to do-- I just can't find the motivation to do it. Same ol' me. She's back. Pisses me off like no tomorrow. The best little baby step I can think of is to count calories....haven't done that in awhile. So I'll start again today. That's all we can do, eh?...Start Again.

My mom had another fall yesterday...this time in the kitchen and she hit her head and cut it open...same with her arm. She sat on the kitchen floor for about 30 mins and was finally able to crawl to her chair. Just about that time my sister called just to check in and learned what happened, and of course rushed over. Her cuts were fairly minor (no stitches) but her speech was a bit slurred. The doctor is ordering a CAT scan this morning and then they're checking her into a rehab center for 3-4 weeks. :eek: She didn't sound good at all last night and it finally hit me what it was I heard in her voice: depression and resignation. It makes me so, so sad. She's always, through hell or high Water, been a ray of sunshine to everyone.

Terry HUGS back to you

It sounds like we are all at a plateau ladies. I am stuck, and the thing that pisses me off the most is that it is exactally where my Dr said I should expect to be. He said I should expect to lose 50% of my excess weight, and I told him I would be happy with that. Well, guess what... now that I'm hear and I got here quicker than I ever could have imagined, I AM NOT HAPPY. I am depressed I can't get to Onderland, I am depressed about a job, about my dog, my aunt, money... everything. I have made it this far with all this stuff going on in my life... Why can't I lose more? I have been going to the gym like a compliant bandster, but I am so stressed and so tight I am not making the best choices, but trying to be better.

i ate regular all weekend and today back to shakes and food. The problem... I am so tight this morning I had a hard time with drinking that. I have only lost 4lbs since my fill and that is not acceptable to me, and I have to go back to the dr on the 27th and I already feel like a failure.

what can we do girls? how do we get ourselves motivated and out of our slumps?

I personally know that I am so stinking cold all the time that I don't want to leave my house!

did I tell you all I made a blanket last night, I'm so proud of myself. I never do stuff like that, and I was so cozy warm and slept great, the air in the house was brisk and I was not, so I could breathe, my nose was not all dry and was out of bed at 6:45.

anyway, enough of that, i'm going to get ready to bring ds to the sitter so I can get some phone calls and paperwork done around here today

Terry~ Good to "see" you again. I think our motivation and determination ebbs and flows as we do in life. Right now, your plate is full and you've got lots to worry about. Take it easy on yourself. You'll "be back" to that fierce mentality. I think with all that is going on for you personally, you need to give yourself a break and just do what you can. You've always been so great to and for all of us...perhaps we can return the favor!

I will say some prayers for your mom. Maybe a rehab fac. is best for her now. At least she won't be alone in case she falls. Keep us posted. But most importantly, take care of yourself:girl_hug:.

Good Morning, Violets...

Well,the hot tub really helped last night. I soaked and soaked and this morning my knee feels much better. There are lots of other parts of me that tell me I took a tumble, but I'll be fine. Just some bruising is all.

Terry...so sad to hear about your mom. It's so hard to be the caregiver and realize that we now become the parents for our parents. I went through it with my mom and dad. I was so thankful I was able to get them moved close to me so I could take care of them. Originally they were 2 hours away and with both of them being deaf, it was a real challenge to make sure they were ok. Then, after Dad's heart attack, I got them to sell their lakefront home and move into an apartment just 1 mile from me and it was the best decision for everyone. They were both happy with their teeny apartment just as long as Bob and I were able to be there every day. And it was a comfort knowing there were people at the building that were watching out for my folks too. Mom died in 04 and Dad died in 06 and we were able to be there for both of them so neither one died alone.

Well, I'm going to go do my hospital volunteer shift and then out to lunch with my PMS group. Then it's a lazy day.. no Ethan and no meetings or rehearsals. I'm going to refrain from doing any exercise though and that bums me.

Jen.. my sympathies on your aunt's passing..

TracyK.. what kind of job do you have again that lets you work for an hour and then read all day?? I wanna job like that!!!!

TracyinKS.. Positive Violet Vibes headed your way to help you through this big adjustment period. You're an angel for doing what you're doing for Cody. Let's hope he realizes the great gift he's been given and appreciates it as well.

Everyone have a great day..

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!