Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OK! Well, tomorrow is Cut the Crap day!

TracyK - you are way too modest!! You've just been quietly shrinking away and I'm embarrassed that I didn't notice just how MUCH progress you've been making before now! I'm just so proud of you for obeying the bandster rules day in and day out!!! You should be, too!! ((BIG HUG)) for you!!!!!

Terry

I'm in for Tuesday and Thursday!!! no crap tomorrow

I agree, Tracy has been so quiet, she should be jumping up and down and demanding those bananna's

I'm off to bed. I am really tired and have a headache - might actually throw up it is so bad but had to check in with my gals

Ok I made a justification, in the long run it's not good, cause it kills the whole ketosis for the Atkins BUT.. what can I say, I am weak.

After bowling every Wed. night we go to cracker barrel. I get a sensible meal (not the fried southern food mmm).. but i get a desert to-go, since I worked off lots of calories bowling.

They released their seasonal pies.. so I had an apple streusel pecan pie tonight when I got home. Damn it was worth it. First time I had a sweet thing in 4 days at least. I'm not gonna feel guilty.. just had to share.

Laura, that is okay, just remember tomorrow is 'Cut the Crap' day, so thank goodness you don't bowl on Tuesdays or Thursdays!!

I think this is a great idea, thank you so much for thinking of it Terry!

I have a Dr.s appointment in the am and don't know if I need a fill or not. I got a little unfill last time and now I feel like I am teetering. We will see what the Dr. says. You know I am so blessed that I have a good Dr. I don't know if it was because I self paid, but that fee I paid included office visits/fills for the first year for sure every month, and I think but not sure, that the following year it includes fills and office visits every two months.

Well off to bed, hope I can get a flu shot tomorrow also. Will check in tomorrow night and thanks again TERRY for a great idea on Tues and Thurs.

Jane

Before I go to bed, has anyone read the book "Fighting Weight" by the Ali girl? I haven't quite finished it, but the part about "band breaks" blows my mind. I mean, getting it unfilled for two or so weeks to get a vacation from your band????? They were even talking in the book about having it done before a holiday in the book. All I can say is WOW!!!

OK! Well, tomorrow is Cut the Crap day!

TracyK - you are way too modest!! You've just been quietly shrinking away and I'm embarrassed that I didn't notice just how MUCH progress you've been making before now! I'm just so proud of you for obeying the bandster rules day in and day out!!! You should be, too!! ((BIG HUG)) for you!!!!!

Terri, Jenn & Pamela and Jane-Thank you guys so much. Yes I try to be modest about it because I do not like to come off as if I am gloating. I am very proud of the accomplishments. I just try not to mention every pound. I don't want to sound self righteous. But I am very proud

:whoo::whoo::whoo:

Part of it may be the old mind set of "don't say anything for just in case I gain it back". I remember those days too well. Deep down i know the weight is off for good, but the fat girl mentality is still in my head. Probably always will be to some extent.

I sure wish Amanda would check in with us!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Tracy

good for you girlfriend! I like to post my lbs, only because if I post it then I work extra hard to keep it off. I know everyone bounces a couple lbs, but either way I too am proud that it is staying off, but I'm mental

I have this jacket I bought last year for riding. I wanted something warm but didn't want to spend a fortune knowing I was going to be banded. I have been wearing that jacket that fit me and was almost snug, I feel like a little kid, dylan (ds) could fit in there with me, looking down when it is zipped I can see my feet and I know that I couldn't get those jeans over my hips 4 months ago and now they are getting big, but I still see myself at 280lbs. I am too hard on myself.

well, another busy day today -lots of running, grocery shopping and work at 3:30. It looks like I might be working 6 nights for the next week or so, but then I'll be off on Monday & Tuesday, 2 days together, that will be great for me.

Mom was saying the universe has a bigger plan for me, but what, I've been saying that for a few months. Maybe it is to help step mom while she is going through a hard time with her employees. It just kills me - they need a general contractor... I keep saying give me a chance... they just wont cave to a woman doing it... This could be the break I need to get my name out there, with the city and doing a business! Keep good thoughts for me gals, that they will give me the responsibility of dealing with the crap, it might be the other reason I'm there!

2nd attempt at a post...

Happy Cut the Crap Day!

I am at 250 this am...remember how long I was at 254, so I am not complaining. I just think I will hit the floor if I ever see 24something. Perhaps cut the crap day will help!

Laura~What is the word w/ Secret Santa? No pressure, just like to have my shopping done by the 1st of Dec. (goal anyway). That way, the month of Dec. I decorate, make Cookies and enjoy the holiday! Of course, I won't have a cookie on Tues or Thurs (haha). Christmas is on a Tuesday this year, may have to take that day off from Cut the Crap Day!

Jenn~ at the pre conference meeting w/ my doctor (seminar) he joked that doctors call the band the holiday band. Lots of people will request an unfill for the months of Nov and Dec. Then in Jan they are crying begging for a fill. I say indulge a little (not on Tues or Thurs). But then again, I've only lost 30 so wtf do I know:faint:.

Have a great day! I have a meeting until 6 and Susanne is coming home for the long weekend. It has been 2 long weeks and I can't wait!

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Pam - i can't wait to meet you. You crack me up. you remind me so much of one of my very close friends. she nuts, in a great way, too.

I'm off on my adventure.

no crap today!!!! I'm back down to 208 so I'll keep plugging along.

HAPPY CUT THE CRAP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scale was 210 again....... NO crap for me today! I did bring in another 2 liter of CL......... so well try to get it all down.

:)

I'm Free!!!

Arresting officer did not show up..and I made it over 3000 miles to be there! Anyway, that's that over with!!...No on to the rest of my life..

Phew!!!

scale was 268lb this morning. Wooty woot.

I planned to hand out Secret Santa around Thanksgiving, but I guess we can do it earlier. I was allowing procrastinating Violets to join in :)

I guess I will announce the list will officially close tomorrow and I will assign the names this weekend!

YEAH LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also... Jane: I have read Kahlia Ali book and so has Judy... I really liked it.. I may re-read it now that I'm banded.